United Work At HOmeSCAM

P

First they call you sounding very professional asking if you are still interested in how to make money working from home.

They then schedule an appointment where you will be involved in a conference call. Once you are there you must listen to a 25 minute speech by some woman about how this company can help you make money.

Basically they want you to buy Melaleuca, Inc. products and then refer people to the site to also buy them and you get money for whatever they buy.

So in other words, SCAM. You would have to refer hundreds of people and have them buy hundreds of dollars worth of products every month in order to collect any type of decent income.

Apparently there are promotions involved also which sounds shady as well since those are determined by the amount of people you refer.

So I basically hung up after 10 minutes not only because it wasnt something that I thought was valid but also because the women who spoke sounded as if they had rehearsed this call dozens of times. Almost like a paid ACTOR would.

Anyways. If you wanna go ahead and try it out by all means go for it. But I believe it wouldn't do anything but waste my time and money.

Hope4life Jul 17, 2009

I am actually involved in this business. My mentor is at the beginning and will be recieving a legitimate $5oo.oo bonus at the end of this month. This business moves how you move it. Regardess I love the company and the people involved. I am really impressed with their sense of moral value. The reality is that Workathomeunited has a trade-mark agreement with Melaleuca. This protects the company because Workathomeunited is set up as a business co-op not controlled by Melaleuca. Melaleuca allows these co-ops in order to help you save money and make money. Besides, the products are safe for the whole family, non-toxic and less expensive. I have also found the techical support to be very kind, patient, and helpful. They even helped me correct my own email problem. My email is [email protected] if you have any questions.

• Wh
    Where-ever Aug 09, 2009

I worked with Melaleuca a couple of years ago, and I agree with the above. The products are great and there is a tremendous amount of training and support to be successful. I agree that Melaleuca is a great opportunity if you are willing to devote the time necessary to be successful. You've got to move it yourself! I order the supplements, laundry detergent and bar soap every month. Its great stuff for people with allergies. l

• Nn
    nnmommy Aug 10, 2009

I agree with the two comments! This is a great business if you work it! They are great products and I will never use anything else!!!

• Mo
    Mom of 6 Sep 17, 2009

First of all, I've been with Melaleuca and the WAHU team for over 2 years, I have NOT referred 100s of people and make a great income every month! I'm a mother of 6, a SINGLE MOTHER OF 6 KIDS IN WHICH I DON'T RECEIVE A DIME OF CHILD SUPPORT! I think it's ridiculous that b/c you DON'T want to work hard that you list this as a scam and ruin other people's opportunity of earning a residual income with a company that is listed with the BBB Hall of Fame! This company works, but YOU HAVE TO WORK, just like with any other job.

• Ic
    I call Oct 17, 2009

LOL, anyone else notice all these people commenting "love the company"... I bet these people get paid to search sites like this and say what a great investment this junk is... If it looks like a scam, smells like a scam, and pays people to tell you it is not a scam... Guess what... it IS a SCAM :)

• Wa
    Wanda Oct 27, 2009

Any JOB that asks for your credit card is a SCAM SCAM SCAM
    You dont go to work at Ms Donalds and give them card info. THey are supposed to pay YOU.

• Mz
    Mz. Millionaire Dec 11, 2009

I'm wondering how is it you've come to the conclusion that WAHU is a scam after being on the phone for 10 mins? Most jobs I worked for took at least a week and a paycheck for me to realize it wasn't for me. You probably would be more happy flipping burgers at McDonald's cause it sounds to me like you have a poor attitude and don't need to be working closely with people anyways. Ever heard the saying "you get out of it, what you put into it"? Bottom line is WAHU is for business-minded women who want to work from home. And no I don't get paid to search sites and make comments, what a joker.

• At
    AtHomeNana Feb 12, 2010

Well, the Website says that this is not a MLM, but it really is, so I can see how this would discourage people. I was thinking about making an inquiry, but because one of the benefits is listed as "no MLM" and I from what I'm reading it really is, it makes me wonder about the accuracy of the other benefits listed.

• Ic
    i care about my kids Feb 25, 2010

THIS COMPANY HAS WON THE BLUE TORCH AWARD FOR THE B.B.B., THAT EXPLAINS IT IN DETAIL. NOT A SCAM, URE THE SCAM. JUST MAD CAUSE U WISH U FOUND SOMETHING LIKE THIS. U STILL CAN U KNOW.

hobet Mar 02, 2010

here it is in a nutshell...melaleuca is a company that is dedicated to provide people with choices to a healther livestyle then some of us...it is not for everyone but for some it is a good choice.. if your friend went to see a movie and came back all excited saying that is was awesome movie and that you had to see..you go out and buy a ticket..and decided that is wasnt the movie for you, well that is how melaleuca works...but you actually get paid for it. i dont work for melaleuca but considering it
    but that doesnt mean that you should go and ruin oppertunities for others. it may not have been for you, but it is for some..

ShakiraWallmar Mar 11, 2010

The companies both Internet CEO Moms and Work at Home United are not scams, they are honest business that provide residual income. I do however know that there is another company that provides a larger compensation package and is definitely not a scam.

Visit my website:

www.shakirawallmar.com

• Sk
    sky12 Mar 28, 2010

I've been a customer of Melaleuca for over a year and I am completely satisfied with the quality of the products, the service, and the integrity of the company. I am just now pursuing the opportunities that the company offers. I was skeptical also, but the products speak for themselves. I'll let you know how I do...

• Ka
    Kaseyann972 Apr 06, 2010

Calling WAHU, CEO Moms, and Melaleuca a scam is like saying that Avon is a scam...I personally have done several work at home jobs including Avon, BeautiControl, MaryKay, HomeInteriors, etc...and My Work At Home United career is by FAR the best one I have found! I don't have to sell or stock anything, I don't have to do parties, I can work right from home and make an income. I am proud to be part of such an amazing company that has devoted itself to having the highest integrity and the best products on the market. I am blessed by the support team I have and I absolutely LOVE the products. What a difference this has made in my life! And I don't need to refer "100s" of people to have an income. I urge you to research the company for yourself and make an educated decision rather than jumping to conclusions.

www.LivingYourLifeWell.com

• Fr
    francescasmommy Apr 26, 2010

Why are people freaking out about whether or not this is a scam? It's just like working for Lia Sophia, Tupperware, MaryKay, Pampered Chef, et cetera... Melaluca is a company. A friend of mine's mom sells the stuff... I think she just went through Melaluca, but this looks like instead of getting it from the company - you get it from someone who buys it wholesale from the company?? maybe? kinda unclear to me, which is why i'd rather just go through Melaluca... but you can definately make $$ selling the stuff, it's REALLY good stuff!! It's pretty expensive - but it's on the level with the Body Shop - and people who buy it - generally ONLY buy Melaluca. Anyway - I'm starting to think that this whole working from home thing is NOT as easy as it originally seemed!! grr!

• Sy
    Sylvana Apr 27, 2010

I make a replacement income with Work at Home United. I have referred 31 people to my favorite store and they compensate me for it:) I can understand those that are skeptical because I was too after looking at dozens of companies and researching them and their compensation plans. I believe this is the best opportunity out there. The only people who fail at Melaleuca are the ones that quit. And a quick note as to cost effectiveness, I am a coupon shopper and Melaleuca is far more cost effective than shopping at Wal-mart. All of my products were paid for early on in my business so I have erased that expense from my monthly budget. Don't knock something you either haven't tried, or are not willing to actually do the work. WORK WORKS. Simple as that. Oh...and where else can you not sell (inventory products) anything, receive residual income every month, get free products, discounts etc. for doing what you are already doing shopping at the grocery store? This is what's paying off our debt, paying for college and retirement and it's the last "job" I'll ever have to work. Those that don't believe can stay right where they are, no harm done, just don't complain about how you are broke!

• Ly
    LynnT Jun 11, 2010

I'm disappointed that WAHU doesn't tell you up front that they are associated with Melaleuca! I did a search & ended up here to find that out. I believe that's the turn off for most people. Does Avon Or Amway hide like this? No, I don't believe so.
    I sold Melaleuca 15 or so years ago when they were new. Melaleuca was & I'm sure, still is, a great product line!
    Am I interested in going back to it? No.
    Did I receive monthly checks for the people I recruited & products sold? Yes I did!

• Ca
    california831 Jul 29, 2010

LynnT said it best. That's exactly why I sent and email to this recruiter woman telling her to take me off her mailing list- If you are so proud of your income, your company, the product why-WHY then must you not say a word until you have a 45 minute phone or web meeting? I think I would have thought more highly of the recruiter if she was just upfront with me and informed me of how it all worked... I then probably would have taken the time to let her know I would participate in a web meeting and see if this truly would have worked for me. I have never heard of the Melaleuca and had to Google it after I saw it here on this website...If the recruiter would have explained ALL of this to me upfront and then informed me about the phone call or web meeting to further inform me, I would have gone down that road, but not when people hide behind a product to set people up is just plain strange... How funny some of these posts talk and try and compare Avon, since several of these WAHU people came from Avon. Avon is DEFINITELY NOT a scam, but people who sell the Avon products tell you up front they are selling it and give you a booklet and online information to order as well- they surely don't HIDE behind the product and make you take a sales call or hear a pitch before they inform you they sell Avon.
    Lame. I truely do not CARE how great a product, people, program this WAHU and/ or Melalueca is, I am too turned off by the business approach to even consider it an option in my life- That's not my style how to treat or recruit people.

Matsi133 Aug 02, 2010

It's called a pyramid scheme. The only ones really making profit are the higher ups. Watch Penn & Teller's [censor]. (show) they did a whole show on these companies.

• Wa
    WAHU Aug 03, 2010

This company is sooooo not a pyramid scam because you can make more money than those above you ... And it is not an MLM, it is a consumer direct marketing company with an A+ standing with the BBB. Do your research. If this were a scam then how could Melaleuca have an A+ rating with the BBB. This is a very legitamate company with great people and if you have the drive you can succeed. And actually you do not make money off of how many personal enrollments you have but by how you help those enrollments succeed.

• Cb
    cbmpak Aug 27, 2010

I'm a stay at home mom of 4 and one on the way. My husband was seriously injured and couldn't go back to work for two years. during the first few weeks i did an overwhelming amount of research on home based businesses. I had found a few that i was really interested in and went for it. turns out i was wrong and with all the research i found on the companies still didn't prevent the scam from happening. shortly after that a friend of mine introduced me to WAHU. she showed me her checks and though it was a lot she was able to supplement her husbands income. I fell in love with the products that Melaleuca offers and the prices really are great. after a year of watching her grow in her business and her income replacing her husbands i decided to work for WAHU as well. I have only been with them a few months and my checks are still rather small, but every month they grow a little. It does take work (which i am grateful to do) to make the money come in. I am proud to work for WAHU and sell Melaleuca products. I am proud to help family, friends, and strangers see what "going green" is all about. I do host parties just like Lia Sophia and Party lite and Pampered chef...etc. I have a whole collection of products that i have purchased over the past year that i keep special for parties like this. I love to demonstrate them and watch people turn to the "green" side of life.
    I hope to work for WAHU for many years to come!

P.s. I'm not a paid actor, i'm just a mother and a wife trying to survive in this economy as so many of the other responders above are. we are giving our testimonials because we love WAHU and we believe in making our world a healthier place, one person at a time...

• Mi
    MistyRose9 Sep 10, 2010

If you want to see a "PYRAMID Scheme" Our own government is exactly that. A Pyramid!!! So you see there really isn't anything wrong with it at all. However I do agree with the one person that stated the cloak and dagger approach is something to be turned off about. If you have something that is good and something that works, well get to it, show your confidence in what you are doing and smile about it. then show or tell people what you have and see if it is for them, if not oh well, part friends and who knows maybe at the very least they will buy from you what ever you are selling and you are still friends or you made a new friend at the very least. There is so much out there that wastes your time and efforts it isn't even funny. Just be honest and present what you have and be proud of what you are doing. All things are not for all people, thank goodness!!

Misty

• Pu
    purplechic Sep 17, 2010

Melaleuca, Inc. is a Better Business Bureau accredited company, but Work At Home United is not. My friend approached me with the opportunity to join this company and it concerned me that she could not give me any information. I asked he if I could see the website and look at the products so that I may purchase and sample some of these products. She couldn't even give me the website to buy products unless I joined the team. So, if you're making money off of people who purchase the products, then WHO is buying them? Where can I buy the products? If only the people who join the team are able to purchase products, then this is indeed a pyramid scheme. Someone prove me wrong by giving me a website where I can purchase these products or send me a catalog.

• Mi
    Mishawolf Oct 05, 2010

While I have never actually begun with these companies, nor bought their products, I do know what they sell is good as I know others who have bought them. I am too poor to buy them myself. I also am a very BAD saleswoman, so I won't get into anything where I have to sell anything. I never make money that way. However, you can purchase products directly from Melaleuca at the above website. They do have GREAT products!

• Pu
    purplechic Oct 06, 2010

I just viewed the website and could not find any page where you can view their products. I called their customer service number and they would not give me access to their online catalog unless I am referred by a member. The member has to come to my house to review the products with me and then I am able to become a member and given access to their website. You are not able to view or purchase their products unless you follow these steps. Sounds a bit absurd to me!!!

shinobi Oct 29, 2010

how about some of you all that has been selling this crap to show a picture of the actual paycheck that you get in the mail! that is proof in the pudding. now let's see how many have the guts to do that

• Do
    dotheresearch Nov 12, 2010

I'm not sure about Work at Home United, but Melalueca is not any greener than the regular stuff you'd buy at a store. If you are going green, and want to use non-toxic cleaners for the health of your family, do research before you buy into a company's claims.

• Be
    Bernita Nov 23, 2010

BFF. I just singed up with WAHU and I am very glade I did. If you want to shop as a customer or start your very own business there is no difference in price for you to begin that business. That aspect is what is so beautiful about WAHU. Also I have a wonderful coach that is working with me and helping me to learn the ropes. This not a get rich rich scheme. It take lots of effort and time but what I love is that I can help the earth and people become healthy while saving money. Please dispute that quality and yes we do have to take your credit card number for your enrollment fee. However this is an online company so please tell me how are you going to enroll and purchase products without a credit card? Finally this is not and upstart company and it and its has a great score with the BBB A+ and plus it is not a MLT.

• Fi
    fish192 Dec 15, 2010

According to http://www.melaleuca.com/, they claim that they are a BBB accredited business. That is not true. The BBB accredited business logo should be clickable where BBB will show melaleuca credit rating. Also, I did a separate research in BBB on melaleuca and it doesn't exist. This company is a scam. -researched in Dec 2010-

maylis Jan 01, 2011

Response to the claim saying they are not a BBB business because the logo should be clickable and Melaleuca doesn't exist with the BBB according to your research :

You didn't research very well. First page on Google. Put in "Better Business Bureau" and "Melaleuca" (no quotes)

What you said about the logo being clickable is incorrect. That is sheerly website design for those who wish to put it in for promotion and who are capable of making that happen.

Here is the link showing Melaleuca's A+ rating.

I am currently researching this company, debating upon whether or not I should work for them or not.

maylis Jan 01, 2011

For the person who could not find the Melaleuca products to research, here is a better link than the one above : http://www.melaleuca.com/ProductStore/ProductStore.aspx

maylis Jan 01, 2011

To the person who said do the research and that Melaleuca isn't any greener than any other product found in a store -- I did the research and find your claims to be completely false. Not only are the products adherent to "green" design in ingredients, but there is a strong consciousness upon waste in packaging.

maylis Jan 01, 2011

To anyone and everyone who keeps making claims as to this being a "Pyramid Scheme" perhaps you all should look up the definition of what something like that is. Pyramid Schemes are blatantly illegal, so the BBB would not be rating them, the law would be shutting them down. They are scrutinized for that up front. MLM is not "Pyramid", and I am not certain that this business is even MLM or not yet. I speak to a rep tomorrow to find out more. "Pyramids" generally have no direct sales, no products. When you hear people go, send money to so and so -- and they will send more money on -- put your suspicion antennae up immediately. There are no limitations upon how wide and deep levels can go in a Pyramid Scheme. In any legitimate MLM there are limitations on at least one direction so they do not fit a pyramid scheme. The person at the "bottom" in a legitimate MLM business can make just as much in percentages and has the same type of opportunity as the person higher up. Not so in a pyramid. ONLY the person at the top gets the highest percentage in accordance to design, and the amount passed out gets smaller and smaller as it goes down. Which is WHY it is CALLED a "Pyramid" scheme: Because of its physical structure.

• Sy
    Sylvana Jan 06, 2011

http://www.Melaleucaawards.com is where you can find most of Melaleuca's recognitions. Also, they are based in Idaho Falls Idaho so you need to search that state with BBB. http://www.melaleuca.com/Introduction/Content.aspx?Page=Income_Statistics is where you find their annual income statistics publicly published.

I posted once to this page in the past so I won't spend too much time on this. After reading all the posts on this page, I have to say that all the false statements are from those who have either not gotten all the info for themselves, ie. seen/heard a full company overview, they were involved at one point and time and either have outdated info or were misled by someone who didn't represent Melaleuca they way they should have, or they are brand new and use incorrect terminology like "selling" products. I have been a loyal customer for over 6 years. I also earn an income from home with them. They have sent me a check every month for the past 6 years. You may not think $200-$1500 a month is a lot of money, but it pays the mortgage, helps pay down debt, and keeps me home to care for my children and family. I used to work in retail management and was missing out on all the things that mattered most to me. I researched over 30 different opportunities before choosing this one. I took the time to truly investigate this opportunity, I invested the best 30 minutes I have ever invested into listening into a full company overview, I researched legitimate sources of information and not here say. Partnering with this team and company was the best decision I have ever made. This company is rock solid, has grown each and every year since they began over 25 years ago, is totally debt free, pays out over 50% of all their revenue every month to their customers (everyday people like you and me), has a management team from fortune 500 companies, and have the highest level of integrity. They have a third party company come in and audit their annual income statistics every year and this information is available to anyone. But what really got me intrigued about this opportunity is that they have a 95% reorder rate, which means that 95% of their customers are going to return and shop again. That is a true testament to the quality and value of these products. And they can't just go around and shop with any marketing executive, like someone can shop from ANY Mary Kay rep, or Avon rep etc. like those other companies, no...when you refer a customer they are linked to you and every single time they shop for their necessities you are compensated. That is reliable, residual income. Even if I were to do nothing this month, next month I would get a check from Melaleuca for the work I have done in the past. That is a beautiful thing. I could go on and on, but there are too many things I love about this company, this team and these products. You are welcome to visit my website, read about me, submit a request for info, I would be happy to get you the details for yourself and answer any and all questions that you have. Have a blessed night. ~ http://www.MyWorkAtHomeUnited.com

homebizmomma Feb 06, 2011

I have only worked for them for a few months but I can say that i'm proud to work for them and be able to earn a income to spread the "word" of this great company and thier products. I am excited as I start this journey of great things to come. I have so much support, with people that truly genuinley care and want to help you reach your goals. It depends on how hard you wanna work to reach your goals. Alot of people want so much but don't want to work for it. You have to work hard for what you want in life. There is no such thing as fast, easy money. I'm part of a company that was made so even the "little guy" can succeed AND enables a mom to make her home safer for her family, stay home with her children and watch them grow and to top it all off get paid to do what she already does naturally, which is nuture and care and help everyone! I'm excited for what my future to come and I am proud and joyed to actually say that! ONE PERSON can really make a difference in the world. Nobody is better than anybody and anyone can succeed in life. It is YOU and only YOU who decides the outcome of your life. You can do anything you want to do if you believe it. Thank you to everyone who is and will be helping me reach my goals for a better life and future!

• Li
    Liten Katt Feb 15, 2011

"BBB Accreditation

This business is not a BBB Accredited Business."

That is DIRECTLY copied and pasted off the BBB official website. It is HORRIBLE these nasty people try to SCAM mothers that just want to earn a living for their children. You are very smart for realizing it's a scam! And is is ILLEGAL for a biz to say they are accredited with BBB and are not!

ShannonKI Feb 19, 2011

I love posts like this, shows the true ignorance of others who aren't will to work for what they earn. You can't have everything handed to you. Melaleuca is not a scam, if it were do you really thing it would be the fastest growing company and STILL be in business after 25 YEARS?!? I doubt it. I am on the WAHU team and love it. Don't believe me? Check out one of my many FB pages, www.facebook.com/shannonkindle, Work From Home & Live Well, Shannon Kindle (Go Green) and my WAHU page www.workathomeunited.com/ShannonKI

I receive a check every month from Melaleuca, I have not enrolled 100's of people as you say you have to. I could break it down and give you statistics but I doubt you would understand seeing as though you left the conference call after only 10 minutes, due to confusion I'm sure?

They need your CC info to get you started with your membership kit, how is that a scam? I got my kit in 3 days. There are TONS of WAH jobs that you have to supply payment info to get started, Scentsy, Avon, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef etc. Those aren't scams are they? Of course not, so stop dogging another company simply because you don't have the motivation to get out their and build your own business.

Shannon

ShannonKI Feb 19, 2011

And Melaleuca is NOT MLM, it is Consumer Direct Marketing. You don't sell, stock or have parties like every other MLM. do your research before you bash something, I am also not a paid actor. Wish I got paid for supporting MY BUSINESS!

ShannonKI Feb 19, 2011

And last but not least, a picture of my check from Mela. I have removed info that I do not want to share to the public.

• 1c
    1CW Mar 05, 2011

I do agree with P Lo, who posted this complaint up top of this page. If this United Company is so good and so honest, why did the BBB have an "F" rating on this company just minutes ago?! (5-5-11). BBB also stated that when trying to contact the United compay for information, that NO replies were sent to BBB AT ALL! It was such a red flag that I exited the United "ad" instantly! Just saying...

• 1c
    1CW Mar 05, 2011

Correction: BBB date of 3-5-11 - Thank you!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices