United Resort Marketing, Inc.Resort resale ripoff!

Contacted by phone and name to sell my resort timeshare at Stormy Point Village in Branson, Mo. Very convincing because they seem to have the info on what you own before they contact you. Was told they have corporate buyers interested in purchasing at the resort for their employees use. That part made sense because there are those companies that do that.

They want $999. up front to list the timeshare. It gets pretty high pressure at this point. So - my timeshare was listed and it did show up on the internet for about 60 days. Now it seems my ad number has been assigned to another property.

I've no luck contacting them. Just Beware!!!

• Do
    Dorothy Sanders Dec 28, 2007

I disagree, I actually had a property listed with them from August 2007 and was very pleased with the results I had. They were very quick to respond and my property sold within a reasonable amount of time. My property is in Branson, MO at French Quarters which is owned by Palace View. Good luck maybe you can email them and have some luck there.

D Sanders

• Ge
    george conway Jan 09, 2008

I disagree as well, I had a rental and a sale property through them. The rental was within a fast time as well. But, I thought the sale would take much longer and that happened shortly after. I am very happy and pleased with the professionalism and diligence in getting my property taken care of. My property was in Ellington resorts at the Wachesaw Plantation. I would recommend that you email them as well.

• Kr
    krisit Campbell Jan 11, 2008

I disagree also. I tell you, I have used United Resort Marketing for 3 of my properties. Two of them are in Branson, MO. My agent was very helpful over the past year. I would recommend this company to anyone. They have followed through with everything they promised. Sorry about your luck. Maybe if you try calling now that the holidays are over you may have better luck reaching them.

Kristi Campbell

Chuck Hicks Feb 25, 2008

I am in complete agreement with the complaint by Ms. Hazleton. We received the same speil this past September with 100% guarantees that we would receive and offer before Christmas; that United Resort Marketing had corporate buyers under contract to buy these properties. It's now late February with no contact at all from United Resort Marketing. We've left numerous voice mails with our agent with no response. We've sent emails to their customer service department with the only response being "Thank you for using United Resort Marketing". I've given them one more week to respond before filing an official complaint with the Central Florida Better Business Bureau for deceptive marketing practices. If I get any kind of satisfaction, I'll be more than happy to come back here and set the record straight. In the meantime, if anyone else gets a call from these people, you have been warned!!!

• Mi
    Michael Smith Mar 25, 2008

I was successful in this company handling the sale of my property. My agent advised me exatcly what would take place, and it did. I was more than pleased, and highly suggest their services.

James Stewart Mar 28, 2008

I agree with the complaint. I contracted with them to rent my property and have contacted them 5 times wince January 9 with no response. I am also planning to soon file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if I don't receive a response soon. This property has been with them since September, 2007.

• Ca
    Cassandra Berry Apr 02, 2008

I also agree with this complaint. I have had a signed contract to sell my Stormy Point Village property in Branson, MO since the end of Dec. My 90 days is now up and the only thing I have heard from my rep is from me calling him. I have been calling now for a week leaving 2 or more voice mails a day. I have also called the customer service number and also had to leave messages. I am getting really hot over this. My rep is Markus Scott and would like to know if anyone else has had him as a rep. I sure would like for this to come out good in the end but it isn't looking this way.

Pamela Cusic Apr 29, 2008

I agree with this complaint too. Delores Wright was the one that contacted us about our Stormy Point property, she made it sound like they sell within 90 days and rent within 45 to 60 days. We are at 120 days and not even an offer on our property. They don't ever answer their phone. They made promises they don't deliver. They also cover themselves with their guarantee by over pricing your property. United guarantees that if you or anyone else sells your property before we do AT THE PRICE LISTED WITH UNITED RESORT MARKETING, INC. we will refund your promotion fee. Sounds good doesn't it, It's all in the wording, they have covered all their bases. You'll be the one that is left out in the cold. Believe me they have not DELIVERED what they promise. I had a email returned asking me if I would like to lower my rental price. I listed it at the price they said I could get and now I can't even get anyone to answer the phone. How can you rent a property when the company doesn't even answer the phones. Hope this helps someone else not to make the same mistake I made.

• Pe
    Pete in Pitt Jun 20, 2008

About United Resort Marketing
    I can not say any thing bad about this company. I have dealt with several other companies that did absolutly nothing for me at all. I have been with United Resort Marketing now for 9 months and they helped me to rent out two weeks at stormy point village in Branson. I would definatly recommend their service over alot of other companies out there. There customer service Dept. has been very helpful and all questions have been answered in a timely manner. GOOD COMPANY HAPPY CUSTOMER.
    P. Davis Salt Lake City, Utah

John & Donna Jul 07, 2008

Also agree with complaint - Markus Scott was also our agent - we never even found the ad - promised rental within 45-60 days and have been unable to contact anyone and trying for over 3 weeks - voicemails and emails never returned. Could someone who got good results please post a new phone number to call where a person actually answers?

• Me
    Melanie Pope Jul 09, 2008

I received a call from Catherine Hilton yesterday. She needed to give the spiel to both hubby and me, so she called back this evening. We did not take the bait, and she turned nasty in a hurry. She did send me an email with a link to the Central FL BBB (http://centralflorida.bbb.org/codbrep.html?id=201733937).
    There are only 3 or 5 complaints, so all you folks need to file a complaint. The BBB link says the company tries to resolve issues. Anyway, the number that Catherine gave me to call is 866-556-0437. She called from 386-532-7005. Hope this helps someone. She was very nasty when I declined their services. Very high pressure!

• Ry
    Ryan Kitterman Jul 10, 2008

I have been with this company for two months and I have not yet sold my stormy point timeshare but I have had several inquiries on it. This company has done more for me than any other. So far I am happy with the services I have received. I have found United Resort Marketing to have great customer service.

Mark Milton Jul 10, 2008

I strongly disagree. I contracted with United Resort Marketing in April and within 4 weeks they had it sold to a company that saw my property advertised at a convention. I personaly dealt with the buyers directly after United contacted me with the offer. The buyers contacted me next then we came to an agreement on a price. I signed a contract for sale, it went to closing and I received my certified bank drafted check by FedEx within two business days.

Sandy Blair Jul 10, 2008

I was contacted by United Resort Marketing in February and they told me all about corporations that wanted to buy timeshares. I was very scepticle of course but I needed to sell my Marriott timeshare so I signed on with them and paid them $878. About a month later I was getting nervous because it was not yet sold but then I got a phone call from URM wth a very good offer for me. I accepted and they helped me close the deal with the buyer. Now I no longer have the time share or the maintenace fees and am very happy with my decission. Thank you very much URM

S.B.

Max Clark Jul 11, 2008

I totally disagree with this complaint. I have had very good business experience with URM, Inc. Within 2.5 months they had one of my properties sold and a week later they rented the other I decided to keep. They handled my closing very professionally as well. I would recommend URM to any one.

Sincerely
    Max Clark

Javier Ramos Jul 17, 2008

I absolutely disagree with this complaint. When I originally signed on with this company in July of 2007 I was skeptical, and I did not like the idea of paying up front for my advertisement. My account representative Jerry Thomas assured me that I had nothing to be skeptical about he new of corporations that would be interested in my timeshare. After a week or so my wife and I did reluctantly decide to Sign on with Mr. Thomas. Within the first month I had three inquires on my timeshare that Mr. Thomas had forwarded to me, none of which gave me a solid offer on my property at Westgate. The following month exactly 43 days into my contract with United Resort Marketing. Mr. Thomas forwarded me an inquirer from a company named Advanced Improvements that was very interested in my property, 6 days later exactly 49 days into my contract we closed on the unit within $2, 000 of my asking price. I was ecstatic!! My experience with United Resort Marketing was very good and I would recommend there service to anyone looking to rent or sell their property. Thank You so Much Jerry we will recommend your company to anyone in the timeshare market.

• Tj
    TJeffers Jul 21, 2008

The successful responses to this ladies complaint look very similar. Lots of stories about success but little in the way of facts or contact information. Just like the tobacco companies that kept misinformation about smoking in the public eye, the United Resorts folks are trying to keep people from knowing the truth.

In this market place (lousy economy) there are plenty of timeshares for sale all over the place. You can do a search for them right now using Google. But when a company cold calls you at home and requires money (around $1, 000) to market or sell your timeshare - they are screwing you. They know that people usually want to dump their time shares and don't know how to do it. So they offer bogus information that defies belief. If there were actually corporate buyers for timeshares why don't they go to the numerous sources that already list timeshares for sale, if demand is high why should the seller pay United Resorts to market something tha sells for a premium. Just like your real estate agent that sells your personal home, any commission should pay for their service. You should not have to pay a marketing fees upfront. This is a scam to get you to pay United Resorts to contract for the sale of property. Do not be fooled.

This scam tried to get my father to sell his timeshare with them offering promises of big rewards. If it is too good to be true then it is not true. What United Resorts tells people and makes them believe is not what is backed up by the materials and contracts that they ask you to sign when they take your money.

Do not be fooled by BBB ratings or any other scam. BBB does not warrant the services that are offered. So lets go back to basics. If demand is indeed high for your timeshare then I suggest you offer to pay any fees at the end of the marketing agreement. First, look on line for timeshare resale groups or other folks who can share their experiences. You should ask to see listings and check out their marketing. You should not have to pay for something that is guaranteed to sell or rent.

To let anyone know that this is real, I am willingto stick my telephone number out there to let you know I am a real person. A number I can be reached at is three oh seven - zero triple three (which I deliberately misspelled for spam and other purposes). The area code is Too-oh-too (spelled like it sounds). This is my daytime work number which rings to a Federal Government telephone number. I would think twice about the criminal laws before abusing this number.

Pam Cusic Aug 22, 2008

I've read over the current remarks about United Resort Marketing. I don't believe them. I posted a complaint over 100 days ago and still haven't had any inquirers about my time share. I've been with URM since January 08 and can't get any one to return even a call. If they are promising you that you'll rent or sell in 45 to 60 days in this economy they are just trying to get your money, just like they took mine and nothing in 8 months. I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT PAYING FOR A SERVICE UP FRONT, I DID AND HAVE NOTHING BUT PROMISES THEY COULDN'T KEEP. THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR, CALL YOU, BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE 45-60 DAYS IS UP THEN YOU WILL GET NOTHING.
    IF YOU CALL BEFORE YOU SIGN ALL YOU HEAR IS HOW GOOD THINGS ARE, AFTER YOU SIGN UP ALL YOU HEAR IS HOW SLOW EVERYTHING IS. BEWARE!!!

• Ni
    Nina Sims Sep 09, 2008

My husband and I also contracted through URM and have had no results since March 2008. Dolores Wright contacted us as well and now that the 90 days are up, her phone number (1-888-277-7801) is out of service. She was responding to me by e-mail, but she knows that I found out that this was a scam, so she is no longer responding. I have tried all the customer service extensions and they all go straight to a voice mail. Be very careful about these get rich quick schemes, people do not have your good interest at heart. I will be contacting the BBB concerning these people.

• Wi
    william harrison Oct 15, 2008

I agree with the complaintents and tjeffers. These "success" stories are all the same and are from the company. It is very easy to post to this forum. i am posting with a fake name, fake email, and without registering.

I do encourage you all to report these people on www.resaleripoffs.com where something actually gets done other than venting. If they get enough complaints on their forums they investigate the company, post their findings, turn them into the proper agencies, and offer a fee recovery service to the victims. Best of all you do not have to pay upfront. Also remember that they are largely ad supported.

Pam Cusic Nov 16, 2008

I just read over the comments about United Resort Marketing. It's been almost a year since we signed with URM. Still haven't had one offer. They must pick who they want to get offers. Look at their web site, look at all the places for sale and for rent. If you believe the good reports you deserve what you get. Delores Wright made promises to rent out our timeshare at a ridiculous amount to get us to sign then was only full of excuses later. I will write a complaint about this company until I get a good response from this company. This is a complete rip off. Go to red week to rent out your timeshare it will cost you a lot less. Believe me they will promise you the moon till they get your money then you can't even get them to return your phone calls. BEWARE

• St
    Stormy Point Timeshare Oct 26, 2009

I need new phone numbers for United Resort Marketing. I have had a property listed with them for two years, and have had no results. As of today the phone numbers I have for them are no longer working numbers. Has anyone talked with them recently? A young man named Marcus Scott gave me the same sales pitch, which sounded wonderful; but absolutely nothing has come from it. Who do I contact to turn them in as a scam? Also, has anyone recovered any of their money? For those of you who actually sold or rented, do you have contact numbers for URM? Would really appreciate if you would post them. Thanks

• Ji
    jimz Nov 04, 2009

Contact me for their number. I reside about 2hrs from the company in FL. I am looking to possibly list 3 properties that I own, I now, need to sell.
    Jim