Complaints & Reviews

Card Request of;
Ref. United Bank Of india, Bhatpara Branch, AB, A/c. No [protected]
ATM Card [protected]
Sir,
With due honor I lay before you the following facts for your kind intervention to make an arrangement to refund Rs. 10000.00 debited from my ATM due to lacuna on the part of your
ATM accessibility by ATM hackers
1. On 14.11.2018 at 11:20:17 hours I have received one call informing me that ATM Card is
Upgrading by the Bank authority and my ATM Card no. was stated correctly by him
2. As he told the ATM Card No. correctly I was confused and believed that the man is from Bank concerned
3. Then, one OTP came in my registered Mobile which was known to that fraud, and ask the OTP No. to up grade my Debit Card
4. After some time I have received one message that Rs.10000, 00 is debited from my account
5. It is not understood how the Fraud came to know my ATM card No. and Registered Mobile No.
6. I have contacted The BM, UBI, Bhatpara who express his inability to realize and refund my money
In such a condition I would request you to enquire how my ATM Card No and Registered Mo. is known to outsiders and also requested you to refund my money as it is laps of security on your
Part.
There is clear instruction of RBI to refund my money by the Bank authority. Request your earliest action to refund my money of Rs.1000.00
Trust, this will find your favorable consideration.
Thanking you,

West bengal pin. 743165
Mo.[protected]
To
Shri pawan kumar bajaj
Managing director and chief executive officer

United bank of india (Head office)
11 hemanta basu sarani
Kolkata 700001
Sub. Harassment vindictive attitude and negative motivation of the chief
Manager and dy. Manager of naihati branch to en cash to the holder
And producer of either or survivor reinvestment certificate request
Your kind intervention
Ref. 1. Rip certificate no. 544/12/92 for inr 19320.00
2. My written representation to the bm, ubi, naihati branch dated and
Date of receipt 09.08.2016
3. Original certificate ratained by bm, ubi date of receipt 17.02.2016
4. Sb a/c no. [protected]
Respected sir
With due honour I lay before you the following facts for your kind intervention so that genuine and valued customer of your bank do not deprived and harassed due to the vindictive attitude and negative motivation of the branch manager and dy. Manager under your kind controlled
1. The said rip has already matured as on 15.07.1993 and I am the holder of the said certificate and
Authorized as it is clearly written on the certificate that it will be en cashed by either or survivor.
2. Due to some unavoidable circumstances and remodeling of my house the said certificate was misplaced as such I could not en cash the certificate in time.
3. I have applied to the branch manager accordingly requesting to pay my dues after calculating the total amount as eligible as per bank rules.
4. The bm, naihati retained my original certificate since 09.08.2016 on the ground that at the then there was no computer and it is to be calculated manually and it will consume more time.
5. Now, the bm is harassing me like any thing and I am in doubt and not understood what motive is playing behind it.
Please look into the matter so that due to the laps on your part no individual is suffered this is as per honourable suprime court judgement.
Trust this will find your favourable consideration.
Thanking you

Dated 02.11.2017 yours faithfully,
Paritosh talukdar

united bank of india freeze my account without any reason and notice

my account was frozen but not receive my msg or anything for what reason my account is frozen, when i visited...

rippoff

po box 151, 1420 AC Uithoorn, The Netherlands ...
I just receive this today in the mail with a koala bear charm...gave them to my daughter and it also said that I won $20, 000 and all i have to do is pay $10. I also have to anser 10+10
sent the money and got a sample cheque and have to send another amount of money to actually receive it, happy to look the comments about the same on the Internet and must agree to it as a scam.

rippoff

• Ex
    ExAmbot Aug 18, 2012

ha ha google the hit song "I go chop your dollar." TIP - it's a nigerian hit song

Too Bad services

hi this is pravindra singh, I am residence of New Ashok nagar delhi 96.
11/7/2011 i visited United bank of India D-187 sector 27.Noida. I have face some problem there, there's worker do not work properly, and so lazy, and there guard oh my god, he has no manners how to behave with customer, i don't know to how to keep in bank of this type person. this illiterate person bad behave with me. his also use abuse language with threat, I was shock that i am a customer and how to use abuse language with me. He insult me lot of customer. I am very dissatisfied their services.
I have write mail to head office but i did not get to good response. so i am submitting this complain in many websites, because many people read this complain and they will decided is it good bank or not,
If any one ignore this bank after read my complain, i will understand that my complain was successful

Parvinder singh

Fraud

UBI payment processing center and the 'Sponsor' of this 'contest' is perpertrating fraud. The Sponsor is Windsor - Morgan & Parker. They mail a letter out requiring you to answer an elementary math question (20 + 5 = ?), they require you to send a copy of your passport or other legal identification. Obviously it's a scam to steal a person identity. One should never provide such information but if you're even thinking about it - don't do it! If you enter UBI payment processing center in the search bar, it takes you to a list of (probable) reputible ecommerce payment processing companies (paypal is a a payment processing center). I couldn't find a company called UBI; nonetheless, it's a scam and anyone who receives the letter should try to provide the authorities with the information you received -hopefully 'they' will catch whoever is behind this particular scam.

• Yo
    youcantscamme Dec 06, 2008

CIRCLE AN ANSWER AND YOU GURANTEED TO WIN 5000.00 AND ALL YOU DO IS SIGN A RELEASE FORM BACK TO UBI PAYMENT CENTER

• Ta
    tamara daurham Mar 03, 2009

well if the complaint are true thats this is a fraud then who's ever is the head man/woman in charge you should go to the big house and thats my attitude.becouse i don't like scams.

• Ta
    tamara daurham Mar 03, 2009

i love comment's.

To receive a $5,000 check

My 85 year old grandmother received a letter from UBI Payment Services through Windsor-Morgan & Parker stating she was guarenteed to receive $5, 000 if she returned the release form as instructed and fulfill the the contest requirements. Because she is 85 years old, she was minutes away from completing the form and mailing! As it appears on MANY websites, this is a SCAM! I especially think it should be against the law for individuals and/or companies to disperse SCAM's such as this, especially to the elderly who have no means of knowing if it is legit or not!
This letter was signed with the name: Joe Ryan- Accounting Department.
My family would appreciate any feedback you all have re: this matter. Please send any correspondance to PO Box 112, Headland, AL 36345.

Thank you for your help concerning this matter!
The Family

JadeScorpion Oct 27, 2011

Just recieved the same letter. I have recieved letters similar in nature for over 6 years, even after moving it different states. It is all a scam. This one seems to want your signiture for something down the road. That and to use your address to see if they can scam money out of you to "recieve" that $5000 check.

letter that I am a garranteed winner of 5000 dollars

I received a letter from UBI Payment Services, stating that I am a guaranteed winner of 5000 dollars, but didn't ask for any monies, but they want a photo ID, or something to identify you, so the money will be going to the rightful owner. I want these people to be prosecuted, they have no right to send this kind of letters to individuals and knowing it is a scam...

delivery of 5000.00

I have several of these telling me I won and they are a payment service trying to deliver 5000.00 to me from...

$5,000 release form/contest

I received a letter, from Australia, stating I was guaranteed to receive $5, 000 if I returned the release form attached at the bottom, I check this kind of mail on my computer because I had about 10 similar letters in November from Las Vegas stating I had won millions (I wish) its better to check and not lose the little I do have. thanks for this site it has been very helpful to me and people like me.

preying on trusting people

UBI Payment Services is still at it. Mother-in-law received letter dated "December 21" stating she was a...

scam!!!

Nov, 20, 2009 I was recently caught up in the idea of replying to this mess... I ask my dad about it and he was unsure... So I immediately looked it up the net!! Lmao... A scam!!!... The thought of it... Did I mention im only 19yr old so to think the would try a child if he could... All the signs were there. Whom ever missed spelled my name, no number or email address and I never heard of a singapore??? What a crazy world... Please beware!!!

• Cl
    CLAUDIA Jun 15, 2009

I RECIEVED A LETTER FROM UBI PAYMENT SERVICES TO RECIEVE A $5, 000 CHECK AND I YET TO RECIEVE IT. I THINK IT'S REAL MESSED UP FOR THESE PEOPLE TO DO PEOPLE THIS WAY. I THOUGHT THERE WAS SOMETHING FUNNY BECAUSE THERE WAS NOT A PHONE NUMBER TO REACH THEM.

• Ss
    S Skye Nov 23, 2009

I also received the letter saying I won $5000... They misspelled my name too. Flip it over and on the back in VERY VERY light print it says in order to claim your prize you will need to send them a copy of your passport for ID. So now they have your signature and ID... Identity Fraud in the works!!

I have also heard that any one that has recieved the check has spcific instructions on how it has to be handled. You have to send them back $2500 and keep the rest. The only problem is that the chack ia a total FAKE! So you send them good money and find out later that you also now owe the bank $5000 for the FAKE deposit!

BEWARE: If it looks to good to be true... IT IS!!!
    FAKE FAKE FAKE

• Ir
    Iren Morgan Nov 27, 2009

Fraud mail, requesting personal info!

• Ms
    MS. TAMIKKA Mar 06, 2010

I RECEVIE A LETTER 4-6-10 AND OFF BACK I KNOW ITS SCAM SAYING I GUARANTEED TO WIN 5000 OK JUST LIKE EVERYBODY THEY WANTED ME TO SIGN THE BOTTOM PORTION AND ANSWER 20+5=25 21 23 I AM NOT CRAZY! I WATCH TO MANY T.V. SHOWS.

• Gl
    GLENDORIA DUBOSE Dec 20, 2012

YES THESE PEOPLE SENT ME A LETTER STATEING THAT I WON 5000 DOLLARS I DONT KNOW IF THIS A SCAM BUT MY MIND IS TELLING ME IT IS SO IM GOING ROW WITH MY MIND

UBI Letter

I have received a letter from UBI Payment Services reguarding a $5, 000 check for some contest that I never entered. All the letter asks is that I verify my name and adress and aswer this simple question: 20+5=?. No further Identification is required of me. I do not know how they obtained my name and adress in the first place. I can only assume on the inernet. However, I was stupid enough to respond to a letter a couple of moths ago. It was for some prize report. I had to send a one time processing fee of $5 and they accepted cash. The report came a week or two later and was a sort of small newspaper repoting recent sweepstakes winners. It also named a few ongoing sweepstakes and the rules for NO PURCHASE NECESSARY ENRTY. Among these sweepstakes was the When I Grow Up, Goldfish sweepstakes, so I thought the report was legit. However the company that sent me the report did accept cash, and I have received a variety of random sweepstakes notices -that require reading between the lines- from different companies that all asks for processing fees. And now this letter from UBI that blatently states I have won money. I am afraid to respond even though all they ask is that I check a box to verify my name and adress and sign my name.

suspect scam & identity theft for request of passport of drivers license for $5000 sweepstakes prize

Received letter for payment of $5000 sweepstakes. Entry asked question 20 +5=? Small print on back requests upon payment, passport or drivers license copy. Read other complaints. Came from Singapore. Return envelope to Australia. I am taking to Post Office for investigation. I am not doing it. Sounds like potential for identity theft to me.

• Jr
    jreal404 Dec 21, 2008

I havent received any payment from ubi.

• Dj
    djvaughn Jan 04, 2010

I got the same letter! Have you heard anything else on this?

• Pa
    ParkO123 Mar 09, 2010

I jsut received the same exact letter in the mail. However, I didnt see anything regarding a copy of my rivers lic or Passport unless that has yet to come. Its asking me to mail the coupon back to the P.o. Box 4805 Robina Twon Centere QLD 4230 Australia. and there just seems to be a problem with this... Im very curious to hear what your out come was if you went to the post office yet? Please let me know if this real even though its wishful thinking and we all know no ones giving me $5k when I didnt even fill out a contest.;-) lol

This is crazy to think I actually won $5k, and I didnt even fill out a contest. Who could have such luck?

Contest winner letter

My husband recieved this letter in the mail stating that he was the reciepient of $5, 000 blah, blah, blah...I knew immediately it was a scam because a few days earlier we recieved another one from some Award Data Realease Div. saying that we won $1, 400, 000 and we would recieve the "check" if we sent them $19.99 which would be the "only fee" we had to pay within 10 days in order to claim the money. The letter was very official looking and assured us that we were guaranteed to 100% access to the money and prizes. These people obviously don't have anything better to do and evidently they have made some money other wise where would they get money for ink, paper, and these "official" looking seals that look real enough to fool anybody into thinking they are legit. I NEVER send any money to a company I have never heard of, especially when they're telling me I won millions of dollars yet I have to send THEM money to recieve the millions I won. Ask yourself some questions and do your research BEFORE you jump on these people's bandwagon. I ALWAYS google things like this and they ALWAYS turn out to be scams. Not only do these folks send scams through the postal service they also send emails, so watch out for that to. With the economy being in the shape it's in more people are going to scam and unfortunately even more people are going to fall for them becuase they are desperate. Jobs are scarce and folks are finding illegal ways to try and take other people's hard earned money.

Mail fraud

This Company sent my son a letter. Even though in my heart of hearts I already knew not to participate, he came into my room so excited and hopeful for we've had financial difficulties this year. My usual indicator was already explained away, because he knew the norm questions, what I've taught him...he said, "They're not even asking for a contribution nor for me to buy something". I've always been leary of this type of offer so we Googled it. Thank you for having compiled this site info. I hope the Fed Gov does something about this for they are using the U.S Postal Service to obtain signatures for fraudulent purposes no doubt. Best Regards

scam asking for passport and personal information

received a letter in a air mail envelope c/o TMF orchard post office po box 51 singapore 912302 stating if i answered the coorect answer for 25+1 correctly i ma guaranteed to win 5000.00 on the back in very light print it asks for passport and signature the retuen address to send this info is the address in australia i looked up UBI on internet and many complaints about co stating it is a scam .

anonyMiss Aug 07, 2009

Glad you looked into this Kathy! Thanks :)

• St
    Stanley Rowe Sep 28, 2009

I received this letter the other day saying I had won $ 5, 000.00 this make the third letter I have gotten in the month from different places saying I had won. I cannot believe there is no law being broken doing this with these Scams. I check your site like I had with the other ones and saw there were 3 other complaints about this company. Also the name Windsor- Morgan & Parker was on the letter

• Di
    Distant lover Jan 25, 2010

I recieved a check for the amount of 5.000.00 only if I chose the right number, circle the right number, 20 + 5= 25, 21, 23. I saw SCAM written all over that nonsense.

• Qu
    Queenlicious Apr 08, 2011

THIS IS VERY STRESSFUL RECIEVING LETTERS FROM THESE SCAMMERS AT THE UBI PAYMENT SERVICE, STATING THAT I'VE WON 5, 000 AND GIVING ME A FORM TO SIGN MY NAME AND SENT IT BACK IN TO THEM... PLEASE LOOK FUTHER INTO THIS BECAUSE I DONT NO HOW THEY GET MY ADDRESS.. THANK YOU

scam!!

This is definately a scam! I work for a bank and what this is called is phising (fishing) for information. What most likely will happen is you return the form showing some interest in the game. All who return the signature will recieve the "tie breaker" and you return that with more personal information and then 1 of these 2 things will happen; they send you that $5, 000 check which you will deposit in your bank acct and they will want you to return a portion of that back to them or they won't ask for any money but when they check goes through processing to come out of the fake acct they have established, your bank acct info will be in their possession and now they have your signature, information of your passport (name, address, ss#, etc), and you bank acct information... And with that they can set up fake payment to come out of your acct! This happens to more people then you would think. Your bank shouldn't be cashing these checks anyways!!!

• Jb
    JBROWN1989 Oct 17, 2009

i wish more people were accessible to the internet cause i have gottwn two fraudulent checks in one week from different companies, so people please be careful!!the other company is called: ARTIS GROUP INC, they are also fraud so if you receive a check from Penn Mutaul Life Insurance Company it is a fake!!!

• Cy
    [email protected] Feb 19, 2010

To: spoonsinc
    Hi! The information U provided to as IS very useful, thank you for that.
    But what if a person, who have the check will open a new account just for the particular payment and as soon the payment cleared withdraw the money and close the acc.?
    Or, cash out the check in CASH CASS?
    So, honest people will have opportunity to have some extra money, but at the same time will become the same as those... ;) ... But it will be a good chance to punish a bad people.

• La
    LADYB1999 Jan 17, 2011

I recevie a lettle on 12-30-2010 saying that I won 5, 000 but it is not real because I look UBI up an they are a scam they just want your signed but they want get mine

mail fraud

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: I received a letter TODAY, June 1, 2009, from UBI Payment Services, PO Box 4805...

winning contest letter dated 5-28-09

This is the first time I have fallen into stupid mistake
What can I do to get to stop this im scared I live on a fixed income now I whish I were dead cannot handle anymore please heip I am very sick

• rossg May 24, 2009

contact the Colorado Attorney General's Consumer Fraud Division

• Ba
    BARBARA. RIVERA Mar 07, 2010

2 12-2010

I received a letter stating that i had won a prize of 5, 000, and just to match the 20+5 =25 and to other numbers. I was requested to respond immediately. I mailed the request and then got a envelope with a locked bag 32 gold coast MC QLD 9726 Australia asking for money's to activate my prize. OOPS, what a big mistake I immediately new at that point that it was fraud...

Winners never pay out money for activation, only taxes. Do not fall for the scam. Saty alert AND
    ON YOUR TOES.

GOD Bless you and may you be guided by the truth...

From wappingersfalls, NY 12590

• Once One thinks they have you they all start sending you the scam!

• Le
    Letters from Australia Feb 10, 2011

On 2-10-11, I received a letter saying "It's official- You're a Winner. When I read on, I noticed that they wanted my charge card number to deduct a $10.00 fee. Immediately, I saw a red flag come up. If I had won a million dollars why would they ask for $10.00. Also, it is foolish to give your credit card number to someone you don't even know!!!

I would like to write these characters and tell them "SHAME ON YOU FOR TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANYONE!"
    I ALSO WOULD TELL THEM THAT THEY WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO GOD FOR EVERY PERSON THEY'VE SCAMMED!!!" Mrs. Sherill Johnson- Fort Wayne, Indiana

• Le
    Letters from Australia Feb 10, 2011

I was glad to go to my computer when I received this scam letter promising me a million dollars. After seeing the others comments, it just affirmed my feelings about this being a scam. I hope everyone will look on their computer for information when they receive these types of mail.

• La
    Ladyice Feb 22, 2011

i get scam mail all the time it sometimes says from Australia but the postage says SIM 60086 P.O. BOX 91-576 Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C. so why would it say Research Department Locked Bag 32 GOLD COAST MC WLD 9726 AUSTRALIA they askd me to send money ...i hope they get caught

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices