United Airlines/Air Canadaservice at ticket agent desks and on board.

P May 23, 2019

The booking number for my river cruise is/was 5058882. I am passenger #2, Patricia Edna McKaige. At the time of booking, May 2018, both passengers request that we fly on the same flights. We were informed that each passenger would be charged an additional $50.00 for this request. This was an accepted choice.
When we were sent our flight itinerary, obviously this request was ignored! Requests were made with air agents from Viking and I was informed that seats and flights could NOT be rearranged. If done, I would be charged an additional $350.00 for this service.
At the time of check in with Air Canada at CVG, I requested an up grade to primere economy. I was informed that nightingale could be accomplished at CVG; I would have to ask once arriving at the gate for flight #8621in Toronto. There I was informed not seats were available.
Once boarded on this flight, there was a captain announcement that the "toilet tanks" had not been emptied from the previous flight and we would remain at the gate until this was accomplished. Then the announcement came that air traffic controller had changed departure flight patters and thus this new information had to be entered into the plane's computer system before departure.
Dinner arrived at my seat and a tray was slide in front of me, a pasta dish, I asked for chicken and was told that the chicken dinners were gone.
Breakfast was a piece of "bread wrapped in cellophane".
When checking in for return flight #1689, Lurthansa from Prague, May 15, 2019, the desk agent indicated that my final destination was Toronto. I handed her my flight itinerary, and after much searching, this additional flight was found. Please see my flight itinerary for this flights of mine. How could this have happened?
Going through TSA, no signs indicated that all jewelry and shoes had to be removed. This occurred in Prague and Toronto. Passengers were informed of this as they placed their belongings on the belt for screening with "screaming" from agents of TSA to passengers with these instructions.
As for the remaining experience of my river cruise, it was a delightful, relaxing experience. All parts of the cruise were outstanding from service of all members of the crew, wait staff and stateroom staff. I am on a gluten free diet and the matre'de met me every morning to advise/assist me in food selection for the day.
Tours were informative and displayed knowledge by each guide.
I will consider another river cruise, however if I were schedule to fly Air Canada, I would cancel the cruise!
Thank you for your assist in this matter.
Patricia Edna McKaige