Union Workers Credit ServicesScam on Credit Card Application

Second letter referring to a Pre-Approved For a Platinum Card.

Letter specifies as follows:
It's nice to inform you that you have been identified and Pre-Approved for a Platinum Card Membership from Union Workers Credit Services with a Guaranteed $10, 000.00 credit limit valid exclusively toward all credit purchases from credit provider!

You don't have to worry if you have been denied access to a Visa or MasterCard The UWCS Platinum Card Membership offers many benefits including a LOW, LOW interest rate of 5% APR all because you are Pre-Approved.

By viewing this the company is looking forward that we are stupid enough to send a check for $37.00 and when you receive their package there is no credit card as you were hoping. Only a way to purchase their products from some online store. When you go to their website and enter your approval number it makes it look like their is a web site error and everything else looks to the up and up. They are hoping you send your check so that you can be disappointed for this multi non-functional credit card.

• Valerie Jun 13, 2008

Glad I did some research! Here is what I did...I blacked out my name on the return form and wrote "you can pay for the postage you fraudulent ###" and sent USPS. With the economy the way it is, be on your toes for these types of offers. This company is playing on the desperation of consumers and members of unions as well as others (I am not a member of a union) and they sent this offer to me as well. I have noticed as of late that a lot of companies are sending these types of offers because they believe if you fall into this scam you feel you will need to get something for your $37.00 so you will end up ordering an item or two of their "junk". Be aware and do your research.

• El
    elwyn brooks Sep 04, 2008

Business reply envelopes...old garage roofing material...seal with water and mail.

• Pw
    Pwoods09 Sep 20, 2009

I Paul L. Woods received a letter stating that I was pre-approved for a $10, 000 credit limit. All I had to do was send in a $37 money order to 1327 Empire Central Suite 130 Dallas TX 75247. They never sent the card. Please help me.

• Fa
    FARO Oct 07, 2009

I TOO RECEIVED A PAPER CARD FROM UNION WORKERS CREDIT SERVICES, INC. TO MY SURPRISE I CANT USE IT BECAUSE I DID NOT GET THEIR CATALOG FOR 2009. THE ONLINE CATALOG IS DATED 2008 AND MOST OF THEIR PRODUCTS IS FROM THE 1970'S WHAT UP?

• Go
    Godzgrl Oct 08, 2009

WANTED A MONEYORDER FOR $37 foa 10k credit card limit

• Ra
    R. Allan Dec 20, 2009

received preapproved letter four times in mail. Heard about these scams before on tv. They take the money, send nothing, rack up big bucks, close and open somewhere else under another name to avoid legal detection. I am not a union worker, i am on disability and have very little income. heard about. Obviously I'm not a candidate for legitimate credit.

• Au
    AUNT POO Jan 03, 2010

FALSE ADVERTIZING...LEAD TO BELIEVE I WOULD BE RECEIVING CREDIT CARD WITH 10, 000 DOLLAR CREDIT LIMIT
    PAID MEMBERSHIP FEE OF 37.00 DOLLARS

• Ti
    Tiffany Chatman Jan 13, 2010

I gave them 37 dollars fee and they didnt seed me anything no cedit card no refund

Paxton04 Jun 29, 2010

I totally agree - I took a red marker and wrote "scam" all over it and mailed it back to them! Thank you so much!

marcus1122 Jun 30, 2010

is this for real or a scam, what should i do please help.need money but im not stupid.mark

• Mr
    Mrosuper Jul 06, 2010

I have just recieved the same letter and no phone number is a big RED signal and or emails like [email protected] of something like that.

Watch... if it is too good to be true, it usually is...

• Ju
    judi armbruster Oct 07, 2010

Credit service for 10, 000 5%apr if sent 37$ to address to receive catalog and credit card. The card was bogus a paper card stamped platimum and no catalog ( they implied you could use as a standard credit card not a catalog card. Unfortunately i should have web browsed this site so I am at lost what to do . After reading that BBB can be bought off with 45$ I'm beginning to think the crooks of this world. Been in the rats race for years the rats won...Judi

lisa sanders Oct 08, 2010

They have taken $149.95 out of my account and i had know clue what was happening it was a pop up, but i can tell you this, if i dont get a credit card soon, you can bet your [censor], i will call my lawyer i dont care how much it cost, and i will make this a big deal and show all comments that ive seen on here good or bad, if we stand together on this it wont happen too anyone else ~!!! thanks, Lisa sanders

madatu..... Oct 12, 2010

yeah i got a letter to...10/12/10 n i'm glad i didn't send them any money cause they would of got me thanks everybody for the 411!!!

• Mi
    MICHAEL HIMELRICK Dec 08, 2010

i sent a check for a credit card and never received it.

• Ms
    mspsky Dec 24, 2010

Scam, Union Workers Credit Services claim I have qualify for a $10K credit limit but they way a $37 annual membership fee upfront!

Pat Holtwick Jan 13, 2011

I too got one of those letters, in December. Really sounded good, but as they say, 'if it sounds so good to be true, then it isn't something to deal with'. And, especially when a credit card company asks for money up front...no credit card company asks for money like that - only when you get the card and are a member and get charged a 'yearly' amount.

Soooooooooo glad I didn't respond, as it sounded so darn tempting!

Pat (San Diego, CA)
    [email protected]

• Si
    Sicopria Jan 21, 2011

Got one yesterday, 1-21-11 also...With all the different scams nowadays, a smart person can ask Google about this Union Workers Credit Services. Even if it wasn't a scam I personally am not interested in obtaining a huge loan like that anyway. What I do like is the time that people have invested and shared online so that people are made aware, not fall into the trap of paying $37. To all of you who took the time to post this scam, I am very thankful. Thank you very much.

• Fe
    fell4it Jan 27, 2011

Fell 4 the scam and sent the union credit workers union the 37.00- promises of a pre-approved visa;should've known it was too good to be true w/o having given them a SS#, etc.. I can't get the $ back but hopefully enough complaints on this company will keep others from losing not only their money but their common sense too. In viewing the complaints on this scam, I see most are from over a year ago. I just received their letter a month ago and sent them the check which has long since been cashed. Can't the Department of Justice nail them for fraud and shut them down?

Lisa Miz Feb 04, 2011

Got mine yesterday 02/03/2011. ...I was delighted as I currently do not have a credit rating and really need one. I thought this was the answer.
    Thanks heavens for Google and all the people who have posted about this scam. Surely something can be done about these quite obvious scam merchants???

Pam K Waldon Mar 24, 2011

This is a scam the opt-out telephone number does not work

librarybug Mar 30, 2011

does anyone happen to know where to find the number to contact them ??? thanks

librarybug Mar 30, 2011

need phone number to contact this platinum card please

• Vi
    Vikhari Apr 01, 2011

Thank s a lot for all the comment poster regarding union workers credit service pre-approved letter. I got this letter today. My credit was not that much good. I was surprise when I see 10, 000 pre-approved letter. I went directly to website to research more about this. I knew it is a fraud . I am never going to send them money. Once again Thanks.

livingmagic2 Apr 16, 2011

I got my letter in the mail April 16 2011 at a time I am looking for more credit.

I didn’t like the fact that a credit union was charging a fee to open a credit line and I scratched my head when I read the credit union name. Both of these things were red flags to me. I’m glad I came on here and found other people see red flags too.

livingmagic2 Apr 16, 2011

it pays to check things out when you are in question. My desires could have caught me up in a scam. I am looking business credit.

www.goinggreenclean.webs.com

anthony ivery Apr 20, 2011

i mailed in my 37 dollars about 2 1/2 years ago until this day nothin

• Yo
    Yoakie Apr 23, 2011

THANK YOU so much for this website. I too received this offer today. I thought, great, I owe one credit card company, and its only a little over a thousand dollars, but I thought, hey, nice low interest, I could pay off the other. But I got fooled once by Blue Mountain Greeting Cards, another scam. Found out too late about their "free card"...and now I refuse to pay the $15.99 or so charged to Bill Me Later (which I never agreed to) now it's almost a hundred dollars with the interest. I found this out AFTER the fact. So now, I get this offer and I think, let me Google this credit union. So again, thank you for saving me $37. Unlike some others, I cannot afford to lose even that much.

• Mm
    mmufo Apr 25, 2011

I just got mine today, 4/24/2011, I hope they accept my check, I sent it to them, only problem is that I hand wrote mine, didn't have a real check on hand so I made my own, I hope it works and I get my credit card ASAP, I just hope they're stupid enough to try and cash it, This had scam all over it when I got the mail and thank God I checked online for the scam first. Thank you guys for writing your coments...

• Do
    Doria V.D. Apr 29, 2011

I got the letter today4/29/2011, I knew without a phone number it was a total scam plus the charging for the card was a dead give away too. I mean come on 10, 000.00 dollars credit limit and 5% APR too good to be true...scam artists. However not too bright I might add. I mailed it back and worte lovely big letters SCAM over the copied letter and drew a smiley with it's tongue sticking out and under it I wrote SUCKER. I hope they get the message soon. Thanks guys for the comments on this scam brightens my day to know I ain't alone on this boat.

• Ha
    Ha'lleBerry May 06, 2011

I got my letter 4/13/11, with me being so fast to pay things and get the best of some things, I am glad i found time to check with Google before. So to be funny I called the [protected] # to Union Workers Credit Services to see why they can't work like everyone else for a living, you can not speak to a live REP.

• Ho
    honeydip May 06, 2011

i got my letter yesterday and a bunch of ### it is thanks guys

• Tr
    trouble241 May 17, 2011

I got my letter yesterday May 16 2011, knew it was a scam since my credit is so low

• Go
    gorgeous21 May 18, 2011

hey people i always check the website according to the letter heading ...and I also check the address to get a phone number as well as complaints I have recieved 3 scandalous letters and I havent send my money away not once...So people please do your research and think logic...

• Ai
    Airforce87 Jun 04, 2011

I was deployed when my father got this pre-approval for $10, 000 in my name in the mail, he opened it and sent the money in for me and when i got home i got this piece of SH*T paper card, what am i supposed to do with this, thanks SCAM artists for preying on soldiers fighting for your freedom :) makes me proud to be an American.

• Sh
    Shahjeee Jun 04, 2011

Got one today June 3rd 2011. I looked at their website and it was clear that it was a scam.

• Be
    beachguy4242 Jun 16, 2011

SCAM. My 10 year old daughter received this in the mail. Although she is a smart kid, she is not in a Union, nor is she ready for a credit card. I knew it was a scam when I opened the letter. To have some fun, I called the number to play with them, but it was an endless phone tree. PEOPLE, do not fall for these scams. If you receive an unsolicited letter or email that requires you to pay a fee up front, please, grab a dose of reality, , , , no matter who professional it looks or what their website states. In most cases, these offers and companies are outside the USA and once you buy into it, there is nothing anyone can do. Although what they are doing is no illegal, since you are getting a service, the manner in which they are advertising themselves in questionable and misleading. Google any offers. And since I am in the profession of identifying crooks, one more piece of advise. You will never win the lotto, of any kind, through the mail or email. If anyone says you have to pay taxes before receiving your reward, , , , run away. The government will get their money at tax time, there is not need to pay anything up front. If anyone claims to work for a law enforcement agency and solicits your help in catching bad guys, confirm who they are and dont give them money or access to your accounts, , , , the government will steal your money the legal way. And, finally, your grandkid is not in a Mexican jail needing your money to post bail. Report these scams to IC3.gov. Have a nice day

• Ts
    tsaleh Jun 28, 2011

I signed up with this company thinking it was a credit card company and that I was approved for $10000 credit imit, then I found out that it is for a credit limit towards the purchase of products, I think it was a scam and missleading and I am not satisfied even with there prodcuts and I need my money back

• Bo
    Bolinda S B Jun 29, 2011

My fiance recieved the first letter back in March of this year and thought it was being offered to those people who had in some way was affiliated with union work.. I convinced him to wait to see if we could find out any information about the company but there was no contact information. Thank God for sending me on this search and finding proof that this card was bogus. It is sad that this scam involves the title of union workers...a lot of other folks probably have been or are gonna get scammed with this.

• Mu
    Mugzy Aug 18, 2011

Received my scam letter from Union Workers Credit Services, Inc yesterday, 17-Aug-11. Same story as the complaints above: Pre-approved for $10, 000 credit limit at 5% APR. Send $37 in advance to P.O. Box 569799 in Dallas, Texas [protected]. The real scam indicator is: "You have been approved for this Platinum Card offer based on among other things, information in your Credit Report. You were approved because you satisfied certain criteria, although this offer may be withdrawn subject to your continuing qualification." Hmmmm... I bet everyone's offer gets withdrawn after their $37 check clears the bank.