Union Workers Credit ServicesOnline scam

I appreciate your web site saving me $37. My excitement of a $10.000 credit card offer may have made me jump on it if I had not read these comments. This is the second time in a week that I have received a stupid offer in the mail and a google search has saved me.

Actually I am not as mad at this business, as I am happy that I did read about it before sending the money. You are doing a great service to people to be able to read about ripoffs before they get stuck.

I will surely look up the next offer I get.

CRK Dec 19, 2008

My Fiance received the same letter in the mail. I work for a bank, so when I read the letter I knew something didn't seem right. I then went to this sight and read about others who have received the same letter. Because of my banking and credit card business background I knew this was too good to be true and I am also very big on reading the fine print on documents. The letter states in fine print this sentence that led me to believe and know this was not an actual bank issued credit card: Credit amount referenced herein shall not be construed to function as any type of multi-purpose credit card and is exclusively applicable for credit purchases from UWCS.
    Reading that line let me know that you can only make purchases for items issued by Union Workers Credit Services. I hope this comment helps someone in the future.

• Ki
    kiakia85 Aug 21, 2009

Oh my, My Fiance also recieved this same letter, and we were all excited and such, and I also read the fine print "exclusively applicable for credit purchases from UWCS." That let me know right there that they would not get my 37.00

• Ap
    Applesun201 Feb 05, 2010

Hello everyone:
    So being a college student unemployed and receiving this letter I was more than ecstatic when I opened and read it. Then I got a little suspicious when I noticed that this organization didn't have a contact number. Nevertheless I was still contemplating, however I went ahead and googled "Union workers credit services" and to my surprise this is nothing but a SCAM! thank you from the bottom of my heart for saving my $37. It may not seem like a lot of money right now, but trust me when you don't have it from the beginning and considering these hard economic times, it makes all the difference in the world...

• De
    debra k. Feb 10, 2010

I received the same but I knew it was To good to be true when ever you receive one of these throw it away what look good is not always good

• Gl
    glasscollege313 Apr 15, 2010

I just received my letter this morning. I knew it was a scam. I can't get pre-approved 4 anything. I had life lock block pre-approvals. I googled it just so I could report this as a scam.

Crzyldy_k Jun 29, 2010

Thank you god for the web. I am now curious of all offers like this comming in the mail. I've been burned once but I check for complaints now, thanks for saving me and my family 37. times are too hard for the drama.

Crzyldy_k Jun 29, 2010

Thankful

• Fr
    frugal in ohio Jul 23, 2010

I received my letter today. I know I have great credit, so I was surprised that I would have to pay $37 to "apply". So I was suspecious right away. All of my current cards have not annual fee. Googled to see what the United Workers Credit was about. Totally bogus operation. Not worth even a $1 dollar annual fee. STAY AWAY!!!

• Mr
    mrs. kitty Aug 27, 2010

I just received the same letter in the mail and am glad that I looked into it and read all of your complaints. I thought it was too good to be true. Thanks to all of you I have saved $37.

• Gr
    greggl Sep 25, 2010

i just got the second letter from the fake [censor] cc comp. please if you get this letter trow it away, now... do not give ur money to these people its a fake cc, , omg do not, i repeat, , do not do this

• 13
    13311 Oct 08, 2010

Hi, I rec'd this yesterday and it looked good, but I had to google it first. And it's a scam, to good to be true. But they made the mistake of sending a SASE. So they will get a reply from me, how about as much paper as I can fit in the envelope as I can fit. It may sound malicious, but they wanted to steal from us... Any way thanks for posting your comments... Stuff your envelops and make them pay...

• 16
    1612 Nov 08, 2010

I too am thankful for this site. I received my letter promising the same as everyone else's, but I am not use to paying for a credit card -- all my credit cards have no annual fee (even though the banks ARE raising the per cent age rates because I have not been using the cards) and I also found the wording of the letter very suspect, and the missing contact phone number a red flag along with the fact that I have never belonged to a union. So I checked Bing. I agree with the others -- save your money. Use the back of the letter for scrap paper.

• Je
    jean savage Dec 29, 2010

I'm the dummy I allready sent them the money. But got a hold of them they said to send back all the paper work and they would refund me. Called them they said it would take a couple of weeks to get my money back in my checking what a big joke.

• Th
    theskiptracermann Dec 31, 2010

Public Information for everyone to see. Remember me when you start your lawsuit against this company. I do skiptracing and I too got this letter but my skiptracing knowledge told me to research this company. The first thing I saw was scan and that rose the flag. So I started skiptracing the name through Business search and bam got there information. I will continue the search to see if the owner RANDALL K WALLS living at 1327 EMPIRE CENTRAL DRIVE S DALLAS, TX 75247 has some good assets for my to a super good suit. Here is the website - https://ourcpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cpa.app.coa.CoaSearch

janetw65 Jul 06, 2011

I have just received such letter yesterday. My gut feeling tells me that it's too good to be true--issue a $10, 000 credit limit card to you without any application?! I'm glad that i searched it online and confirm that it's a fraud. The letter is in my trash can now, in pieces.

• La
    lashonda Oct 28, 2011

thank you for saving me. i am a single mom and live on a fixed income. your site was very helpful in my decision.

• La
    lashonda Oct 28, 2011

thank you so much, i am a single mother and live on a fixed income. your site was very helpful.

• De
    deadendassassin Jun 23, 2012

i agree this sucks i how people can do this i totally knew that it was a fake no # and 10, 000.00 for a loan yea right i hope these people get whats coming to them thanks alot andrew 2028 scorpion

• Fi
    fitness Jan 09, 2013

I just received this unbelievable letter four days ago and instantly I knew I had to google this so-called, to-good-to-be-true "Union Workers Credit Service" credit card. Thank you for warning me through all your comments.