Union University Germantown TNEducation

I was an adult student looking for a good, sound, accredited college/university to complete my college education at. I was familiar with Union University and as a christian I always wanted to attend a Christ based school. To make a long story short, I enrolled in Union's accelerated degree program which promised that I could complete my degree in 18 months. This was a joke. It took me two years to complete the program due to the advisor's constant review of my previous credits. Each semester I was told I needed to take an additional class in order to graduate. And, to make matters worse the accelerated classes which are geared towards adult learners are called coharts and it was the worse learning concept that I have ever experienced. Were were broken up into groups each term. Which meant your hardwork and effort went towards a group score. The only individual work completed was an exam and one written paper. The bulk of the assignments were group projects such as powerpoints and group research papers. There were some pretty stupid people passing on the coat tail of a group grade. Most of the adult students that I encountered at Union could not have survived a traditional college course of studies working on their own merit. Union pairs up the idoits with the intelligent students and that way when the group makes an A, even the dummies in the group get the same A.<br />
<br />
Do not attend this school. Their program needs to be over hauled immediately. The school is expensive, I paid approximately 20, 000 for the two years I spent there. Also beware of their evaluation pitch. I was classified as a junior at my state college only a few hours from being a senior. After they refused to take a lot of my credits, I had no choice but to retake the same classes from Union that I had already paid for and passed at another school.<br />
<br />
Please beware, they are pushing dummies through their accelerated program and it's not fair to the ones that actually have the aptitude to do their own work.