Ultra Green LeanFraud charges to my c.c.

S

I order a free sample of the product. I used my credit card to pay for shipping and handling($4.87). I never recive the product(They did charge my card) and a few weeks later I get an other charge from the same company for $69.87. By this time I did not know who the company was so I started fraud process with my bank. When the charged cleared I was able to obtain a phone #. I contacted them and the person on the line stated that by ordering the free sample I had agreeded to future charges for the preoduct. ( This person was very rude to me). They suppose to refund the 69.87 but not the $4.87 because that is not refundble even I never received the product!

• Ha
    Halfpint Jul 16, 2008

I cant seem to contact this company to stop them from sending orders I dont want.

• Kr
    Krys Jul 28, 2008

I ordered what i thought was a free trial of this ultra green lean tea and all I had to pay was shipping. I have now paid $140 for something that was supposed to be free and when I called the number from my bank statement i felt like I was calling someone's house and whoever it was was very unfriendly and most importantly they have my money!

Janet Ramsey Jul 31, 2008

The same thing is happening to me. How do we get it stopped?

• Ni
    Nicole Aug 01, 2008

I had the same problem. i called the number that showed up on my visa statement. it took a lot but i was finally able to get my money back as long as i send everything back.. which of course will cost more money. i was charged the initial 6.95 then 34.95 fifteen days later (without having the product) i was charged 69.89 and then a week after getting the product another 69.89. i told them i had not gotten the product when they charged me more. but they said its a 14 days trial and 15 day they charge you and after i said i didn't even have the product yet he said well you should have called!! that was the manager. im sorry i tried to have faith? but if you have not gotten your product and been charged after trial. call them!! you may be able to fight with them

Anne Hill Aug 07, 2008

ultragreen lean offer an online trial of their green tea a weight loss product. Not only have I never received the produce but in reviewing my credit card there were 2 charges from this company. I gave my credit card number to cover shipping only.
    What a scam !!!

• Gi
    Gina Aug 08, 2008

THIS IS NOT FREE...DO NOT FALL FOR THIS LIKE I DID. I GOT CHARGED $75 TO "TRY" A PRODUCT!!! I LEARNED THE HARD WAY. HOPE NO ONE ELSE HAS TOO. DO NOT GET THIS BS PRODUCT!!!

Mel Sep 03, 2008

I thought I was signing up for a free 14 day trial. According the the company I did not read the conditions and after 14 days if you do not call an cancel they charge your card $69.87 and continue to do so every 30 days thereafter. This is not stated clearly on the website. I also ended up with $37 dollars worth of pills because they automatically check the order box and you are required to uncheck the box, when you order your so called free trial. Tricky!! After much discussion with them on the phone, I finally got them to refund the last shipment that I have not received yet and I have never opened the free trial so I am sending that back to them and they are refunding that charge also. I did explain to them that when you google them the first thing that comes up is complaints. I made it clear that their website is deceiving and that there are alot of others who are being misled also.

• El
    Ellen Sep 04, 2008

Same thing happened to me- do you have a number to contact them?

• Ds
    DS Sep 11, 2008

same as everyone else's complaint: they ask for your credit card number to charge $4.95 for shipping fees on the sample. Then they continually charge $69.87 every month.

Shirl Sep 14, 2008

I sent for a free sample of their green tea product and paid the shipping cost.
    Now they are pulling $70.00 from my account every month without authorization.

• Gl
    Glenn Drover Sep 17, 2008

This is a classic case of bait and switch. They claim that they are sending you a FREE trial (says FREE on the order page).

They also try to confuse you about the length of the trial: 30 days (supply being sent) is in huge letters, and 14 days (to cancel) is in much smaller print just below.

The fine print (like 5 point print) at the bottom of the order page does reveal that they wil charge your card $70 every month until you cancel. The order page is intentionally very busy so that you don't notice it.

Companies like these try to confuse the consumer with regard to the details of the offer and the execution, and rely on how busy most people are in their day to day lives. They assume that they can steal $70 from you multiple times before you stop them.

The product is about a $1.00 cost of goods for them to manufacture. No one in their right mind woiuld pay $70.00 for this stuff if they saw it in a store...nor would very many people pay $70.00 even on the internet if the price was clear.

In my case, I called them after they charged my credit card 3 times ($79.00 each time) but had only shipped me the original sample. They agreed that the second one was 'lost in the mail" and the 3rd was "on the way", so they refunded 2 of the charges, but not the original since I hadn't called them in the 14 days.

When will the lawmakers make these sleazy practices against the law and protect the consumer! This is fraud, these ### should be prosecuted!

• Gl
    Glenn Drover Sep 17, 2008

By the way, if anyone is interested in a class action lawsuit against these guys, please contact me at [protected]@tropical-games.com

I am getting my attorney to file one.

johna Sep 22, 2008

saw a charge on my statement that I didn't authorize, and called to get it handled, they assured me that the 69.87 would be credited to my account in 7 business days, that call was on the 10th of September. Still no credit, and I called today 9-22-08, and Eric, said that there was an error, I ask to speak to his manager, that person, could not be reached, I ask for the name of his supervisor, would not give that info, said he could not give out that infromation, ask where was the call center that I was calling, and he said he couldn't give out that info either. In both calls I was give a confirmation number, that means nothing. So, now I'll just have to wait and see if my credit will be put though...

• Su
    susan Aurinko Sep 25, 2008

The same thing is happening to me, and I have never even received any product!!!
    How do we go after these people??
    SA

• Mi
    Millie Sep 29, 2008

Beware after you order and are only supppose to pay the shipping and handling for trial, they charge your credit card and you cannot reach them as they do not have a phone number to contact them.

• Ca
    Casey Oct 07, 2008

This product was never ordered. It just showed up at my house. I hate green tea, so there would be no reason for me to order this product. I spoke with someone that said that as soon as they received the product back they will refund my money. I spoke with my bank to start dispute proceedings on the charge. I called Ultra Green Lean and spoke with Vanessa (234) and she said that no one told me that my money would be refunded immediately, that it will take 11-12 days. I told her that I was still going thru with the dispute proceedings and she started to get rude and said go ahead. They won't do anything because our records show that a refund is in progress. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ca
    Casey Oct 07, 2008

Call their number at [protected]. You might have to wait a while for an answer. You can also put in a charge dispute with your bank or credit card. I hope this helps.

• Da
    Dawn Biebl Oct 09, 2008

Has anyone been able to contact them? I have been charged twice in one month and have received only the initial introductory offer. What do I have to do to stop the charges?

jamie Oct 10, 2008

I have also been charged and have to contact DRI*UltraGreenLean they are obviously polling a scam. Once thy have your card number they view it as a authorized transaction the next people I will contact is the better business bureau, athough there isnt much to stop them from sharing your bank info with others all you can do is ty to cancell and be sure you contact your credit card company and dispute this charge, dont sign up for anything that is marked free.
    nothing is free if it was it wouldnt be worth anything and then these people would have to find real jobs.

• Am
    Amber Oct 16, 2008

I am going through the same thing. Only I never ordered a damn thing. I got this crap in the mail and will be sending it back. I have canceled bank account and check card. In a country in a time of crisis these ###s don't care that they are taking money from families who need it.

• Su
    sue Oct 16, 2008

they are tricky people. they got me too, but as soon as i told them that i went to their website and complaints was the first result when googled they quickly refunded my money and cancelled my "subsciption" thanks for the heads up and at least im not the only one. i just hope everyone will have as good as luck as i did with getting the refund back.

Maria Oct 18, 2008

I did get a reply from them stating that I would be refunded my money which should not have been taken in the first place.
    Its been over 2 weeks and I have not been credited through my visa.
    They told me that the reason I have not recieved my product is because its been held up at the border.

• Be
    belladonna Oct 20, 2008

I have ordered the FREE trial, which cost me $5.25 for shipping and handling. I thought no problem. I read the information and signed up. After I got it and it was awful, I thought thank godness I did not really order it but to my amazement the company thought I should pay $74.06 twice in a month period for their TRIAL package. When I called to complain, I was spoken to rudely and told there is nothing they can do, except credit me once when I return the product. I told them it was a free trial, they stated to return the additional product that they sent 3 weeks ago. I never got it but I won't be able to get a credit until I return the product - again I don't have the product. I will never order anything for the internet with checking their history. This company is horrible and I don't believe they know the meaning of customer service. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT OR SIGN UP FOR THE FREE TRIAL!!!

MELISSA Oct 24, 2008

ARE YOU ALL COMPLETELY ###ED? OR JUST SEE FREE AND JUMP ALL OVER IT? TRY AND READ THE TERMS. I DID. AND I LIKE THE PRODUCT.. FUNNY WHAT THIS WORLD IS COMING TOO! A BUNCH OF CHEAP SCATES!

• Ba
    Babs Siegel Oct 25, 2008

I rec'd sample of tea on a trial basis. I paid for shipping as was requested. Without ordering anything after that I have been receiving tea very month. I have been charged $69.87 each month. There is no telephone number for me to call and cancel and only a PO Box to return the package.

This is a scam and I need to receive some help concerning this matter.

Can you help me?

• Ka
    Karina Oct 27, 2008

I ordered the free 14 days trial, which said shipping would take from 2-5 days, and three weeks after i haven't received anything yet! There was no phone number to be found on their website, but i found phone number on my visa statement, which is [protected]. I spoke to someone who told me i was to receive the product within the next week and that there was an autoshipping activated to my account (which means that after i have made my 14 day trial order, the product is being automatically sent every month! I told him to cancel that and that i didn't wanted to see a charge to appear on my visa statement the next month! The person in question also gave me the reference numbersr concerning the crediting to my account. I thought this person was very nice to speek with, but i just hope that he really have cancelled the autoshipping! In the end, I am not very impressed with this company!

• Ju
    Judi Oct 28, 2008

I have one better; I was billed 3 times for my one free trial. Dispute in process... Lesson learned 10 times over, always check reviews on the internet before purchasing.

• Da
    Danny Oct 29, 2008

I ordered the tea myself (the trial) and I'll admit that it seemed kind of fishy to me. I was afraid, especially after coming across these comments, that I'd get stuck paying the regular price with no way out. I actually called today and was able to get a hold of somebody who cancelled my subscription before the 15 days. She did it in about less than a minute. I'll admit that it doesn't sound very professional though. I called and it didn't in any way sound like I was calling to a business. There was nothing but static and some thumping in the backround. You could also tell there was music trying to pull through but all the static prevented it from doing so. What bothers me the most about the tea was the actual price. The tea was good, and might even be a great weight-loss and health-aid, but $79.95 a month for the pixie packets? A little much for me. For anyone that has recieved any items and want a refund, the best thing to do is call and wait until they answer. Request a refund and return the bottle. If for some reason you can't get through you should really take it up with your bank or card company and tell them what's going on. The best advice I can give anyone: Feel free to take the trial, cancel before the 15 days, and if you like the tea, you're better off buying them on Ebay. Still pricey, but better than paying $80 a month.
    ** What me and my roommate did: I ordered a trial packet, then he ordered his own, then I cancelled mine. He's going to cancel his, and now we're probably going to get our other roommate to order one for him, then just cancel. Like that you get a few without having to pay the hefty price tag. :)

shanna Nov 01, 2008

Help the same thing has happened to me, They have taken money out of my acct twice 70.00 ea time.

joni Nov 11, 2008

I HAD CANCELED THIS PRODUCT AND THEY TURNED AROUND AND SENT ME THE PRODUCT ANYWAY. I WROTE REFUSED ON THE BOX AND SENT IT BACK, AND HAVE YET TO GET A REFUND. THIS WAS OCTOBER 14TH. WHAT A RIP OFF!!!

• Ki
    kim Nov 12, 2008

This happened to me also and have been fighting it for two months. AMEX is fighting it for me... This company is a scam.

• Ki
    kim Nov 12, 2008

have american express fight it for you. I have had the same exact problem and have been in contact with AMEX. They will put a stop on your acct. for that merchant. It was charged again in Nov. and I just got off the phone with AMEX and they adjusted it again. It takes about 30 days for the inquiry to go through.

• Li
    Lisa Knight Nov 16, 2008

Was anyone able to stop the shipments as well as the charges to their credit cards? Please advise how you were able to stop these. I'm very angry that a company would trick a customer in this way!!!

• Se
    Serenella Migliore Nov 17, 2008

Go through your credit card company, at least they can stop any future charges (as Amex told me) and then THEY go to the merchant to dispute the charges.

Cha Nov 24, 2008

Hi
    I had the exact same problems as you guys. After I saw the had taken $69.87 from my account without getting anything else but the "free trial", I read the policy and it turns out that to get the free trial, you sign up for a membership, which will charge you $69.87 every month. So I wrote them and said I didn't want to be a member and asked them to give me back my money. At the same time I closed my account, to make sure they didn't take any more money. So far they havn't taken any more money, but I don't know if that's because I closed my account. I still don't know if I will ever get the $69.87 back

Melanie James Nov 24, 2008

I am having the same problem!

• Ev
    Evetta Dec 08, 2008

I have to agree with everyone that has made a accomplaint. This company charged my credit card and never sent me the product. I finally did get to speak with someone that was rude and stated that I did received my product. After all was said and done the representative hung up on me. I will never give my information out over the phone again.

• Jw
    J Wong Dec 18, 2008

My daughter ordered the "free" 14-day trial pack. We were charged $69.87, fifteen days later and another $69.87, fifteen days after that! We never even received any product other than the first 14 day supply. I disputed these charges with my credit card company, Citibank, but they won't do anything about it! What can I do to get my money back?

• Ta
    Talia Donenberg Jan 06, 2009

As I see from numerous complaints. This company is running a scam. They claim to send you a sample with cost of $4.95, but then they start charging you immediately. I received two charges of $69.87 in the same month. The first charge of 69.87 is for the sample that they made you believe was only $4.95. It is almost impossible to cancel this order. I have called repeatedly. Conveniently the call gets disconnected even though I gave my phone number and asked to be called back. I spent two hours fighting with the rep on the phone. There is no recourse. This company is a complete scam. An absolute scam and it is unfortunate that there are so many complaints and no one can do anything about them. They continue to steal money from people

Shannon Jan 11, 2009

I was totally scammed by the "free trial" that I ordered. I don't know what to do, or how to go about returning the product and getting the money back that they keep taking every month.
    I signed up for a free trial, and yes, I read all the fine print. I saw the 14 day period to return the product, HOWEVER, what they don't tell you is that it will take at least that long for the product to be shipped to you, that you will be billed the day that it arrives, that there isn't ever anyone to answer the phones unless you get really lucky, that it's really really hard to return the product.
    The day I ordered, I was online, and was from my computer talking to the rep. I told the person right then and there, I only wanted the free trial and didnt care to pay the shipping. I told her that I wasn't interested in signing up for anything else, or being part of any kind of auto product shipping, since I didn't know how the product would work for me. She told me that it was ok, because I had a 14 day period to cancel. She didnt tell me that that period started right then. It took 13 days for me to get the product, but getting home late, the company was already closed when I called, so I left a message for them to return my call. In the mean time, I went ahead and tried the product. It turns out that I for some reason, cant drink this stuff. It turns my stomach, and makes me physically ill. After about a week, I gave up trying, and waiting for a return call, and again called them. I was on hold for almost 49 minutes when I got mad enough to hang up. Again I called after business hours to leave a message, and again got no return phone call.
    Now it's been almost 4 months. I call during regular business hours and wait and wait. I leave messages, that get no response, and I continue to get a product that makes me sick while every month, I get billed for it. This is becoming reduculous in a really big way. What do I do now?
    If anyone has any advice for me, I'd so appreciate it. Please contact me at s.[protected]@hotmail.com Thankyou, Shannon

Oh, I did get 2 different phone numbers for the company, and an address. It's not doing me any good, but maybe it will be helpful to someone else.
    [protected] or [protected]
    Ultra Lean Green
    16192 Coastal Hwy.
    Lewes, DE. 19958

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices