UL SERVICES ONLINESCAM ARTIST

S

A few weeks ago I recieve this email from an employee at AFS UNSECURED ONLINE. A company associated with UL Services Online: We are happy to inform you that based on the information you provided to us, your request for an unsecured loan in the amount of $10, 000 has been approved through our system. Please fill out the following form so that we may begin to process your loan, the entire process takes between 9-13 days from start to finish.

I know that almost all the information being requested was already provided when you filled out the application on our website, however we need it in the format below as it’s a sacannable form for electronic submission.

The loan is a line of credit, meaning you only pay on what you actually use and the rest is available credit to be used whenever in case you need it; so if you withdraw the maximum of $10, 000 your monthly payment would be $300, if you only use $5000 your monthly payment would be $150 and you will have $5, 000 available credit should you need it in the future. It is very similar to the way a credit card works in that way, whatever your loan amount is your payment will be 3% of the balance (i.e. $30 for $1000, etc.)

This approval is locked in until the August 7th but the sooner we get started the sooner you will receive your funds. If you have to get started after the 7th please check in with me first so I can confirm that guidelines have not changed and that we can still approve you for this amount.

There is no need to print/fax the “paperwork”, simply hit reply and fill out the information in the body of the email.

Please feel free to contact me by phone or email if you have any questions or to get more details regarding your loan, If we don’t pick up please leave a message.

Robert Alanis
Finance Specialist
[protected] office
[protected] fax

The guy in the email asked for a consulting fee of $249.50 that I paid since he guranteed my loan had been approved and I would be funded in 9-13 days. After I paid the fee, my phone calls stopped being returned and I never got the loan. It turned out to be a scam. One of the managers (MIKE) at UL Services thought it would be nice if he got involved and offered me a refund. Here is the email he sent to me:

My name is Mike and I'm the manager at UL Services LLC. I was alerted to the report you filed with the [redacted].com regarding ROBERT SARKIS and AFSUnsecured.com. I can assure you this is an isolated insulted and would like to speak with you first thing in the morning to A) Refund you any monies paid during the course of this process and B) Discuss this matter in detail. I again can assure you that this is not the way our company on top of the goggle rankings conducts itself. Please except my apologies in advance and I will speak to you on Monday morning. Thank you and my sincere apologies for the action of one of our employees.

Mike Tuttle
[protected] Direct

I talked with Mike on the phone and email a few times and just like the first scam, he adopted a new scam. Saying I was going to get a refund so I would hold off on letting the world know his company is nothing but a scam. It's been over a week since I heard from Mike and I still haven't received my refund yet. I would not recommend doing any type of business with this company. They do nothing but collect your hard earned money and disappear in the wind.

More UL SERVICES ONLINE Complaints & Reviews

• Le
    Lee Kaufman Sep 15, 2009

I've had a similar expeience. UL is a scammer; not a loan consultant.

• Ig
    igotscrewed Sep 17, 2009

Same situation. UL online services and AFS are a HUGE scam. DO NOT give them your 249.50 or you will never see it again. There generated reply was ridiculous and totally phony. I reported them to the BBB and I will be pursuing any and all means necessary in order to put a stop to their shenanigans.

• Sh
    Shannon Elaine Sep 21, 2009

They got me too. Luckily I used a credit card to pay them so I have filed a claim to dispute the charges. I should get my money back.

Sarkisalanisscam Sep 29, 2009

I have spent alot of time investigating this company(s) and negotiated with them in having them charge $149.50 and then another $100 when loan closes. I knew this wasn't going to happen and I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK. However, Robert Sarkis Alanis is almost caught. Go to his other website called Unsecuredfinancial.net. The phone number is 1800sarkissme. Sound familiar? That's his direct line18005366403. The so-called Processing Department's fax number is HIS fax number. HE is in big trouble my friends. Just give it a little more time. The BBB should be aware of this Big Time Scam!!! To you Mr. Sarkis Alanis Robert whatever your name is...it's only a matter of time before your caught!!!

• Ap
    apologiestorobertalanis Oct 08, 2009

I would like to apologize to Robert Sarkis Alanis as apparently I was misguided in what I was being told by several people in the past and should have trusted this individual from the start. Mr. Robert Sarkis Alanis no longer works for ULServicesOnline and hasn't been working for them since the end of July. I originally applied with ULServicesOnline in early July, however, by the time everything got rolling, Mr. Robert Alanis started a new company called UnsecuredFinancial.net which I wasn't aware of until recently. This gentleman did charge me $149.50 and apparently had me approved until Mike Suttle from ULServicesOnline reported to Mr. Robert Alanis that I originally applied with his company and could sue him. Mr. Robert Alanis refunded my $149.50 last Friday. Mr. Robert Alanis' new company is NOT AFFLIATED with ULServicesOnline in any capacity. I know I can't change what I've said in the past because at the time I was frustrated and felt like I would never see my hard earned money again I need to let everyone know that he is ACTUALLY LEGITMATE!!! The process did take awhile and even though I will not get that loan(although it would have REALLY helped) I would have gotten the line of credit like he said. I understand there's alot of skeptism in this world, most of it understandable, however, I cannot say enough about Mr. Robert Alanis and his company UnsecuredFinancial.net!!! Once again, I apologize...

• Am
    amber Proffitt Oct 14, 2009

i received the same thing but it asked for me to send $149.50 which I did now I have my attorneys making contact with both UL Services and Robert Alanis.

• Km
    kmalcom Oct 22, 2009

BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE GOOGLE ALGORITHM IS ULSERVICESONLINE FOR UNSECURED LOANS* HAS BEEN MIXED UP WITH OTHER NAMES OF OTHER COMPANIES. THEY ARE OKAY AND TRUSTED TO DO BUSINESS WITH. THEY WILL HONOR ANY PROBLEMS, ISSUE ANY REFUNDS AND WORK WITH THERE CLIENTS TO FIND A SOLUTION TO THERE LENDING NEEDS.

THE INTERNET AS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW IS CONTENT DRIVEN AND OFTEN MIXES WEBSITES SUCH AS ULSERVICESONLINE AND COMPANIES UP BASED ON THE CONTENT THATS ON THE WEBSITE ITSELF. IF YOU HAVE ONE WEBSITE THAT TALKS ABOUT UNSECURED LOANS* AND YOU HAVE ANOTHER THAT TALKS ABOUT THE SAME TYPE LOAN YET FROM ANOTHER COMPANY, THE ALGORITHM OF THESE COMPLAINTS SITES AND OTHER MADE UP SEARCH ENGINE LOOK ALIKES. I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT UL SERVICES ONLINE DOES NOT HAVE ANY RELATION WITH ROBERT SARKIS ATLANTIS, WESTON LENDING GROUP, ASF OR ANYONE CLAIMING TO BE AN AFFILATE WITH ULSERVICESONLINE UL SERVICES, LLC L.L.C., YOUR TRUSTED #1 ONLINE SOURCE FOR UNSECURED LOANS* AND FINANCE!

Christi R Nov 05, 2009

I find it difficult to believe they're legit when they refuse to return my calls or emails. Mike Manning is who I worked with, not Mike Tuttle, but the number was the exact same!! I called the police department, who went to the address I sent my money order in. No one answered, but it was occupied. He went to the office there, but could get no information released. All I want is my money back at this point. I don't know who to talk to or where to go. The money order was cashed yesterday. Money gram can't refund it. The Police there can't help until I prove something illegal is going on. They got much more out of me. Almost $800!! I spent my bill money on the "collateral payment" thinking I'd have the loan and could then pay my bills. I'm not sure where to go or how to get this back. I am filing complaints everywhere I can!

• As
    asking for answers Nov 16, 2009

I have been approved for a 5000 loan. They are asking me to send 299 but reading what everyone else has been saying, I don't want too. Has anyone gotten any money from them????

Sarkisalanisscam Nov 16, 2009

Robert Alanis does not work for ULservices online anymore and hasn't since July. He now works at Unsecuredfinancial.net. I have spoken to Mike Tuttle from ULServicesonline and I did not get a good vibe from him however.

Sarkisalanisscam Nov 16, 2009

Robert Alanis DID refund my money back. As I mentioned previously, I would have gotten the loan money but because Robert was working for ULServicesonline at the time of my application, Robert could not work with me since he changed companies.. Go figure.

• Ar
    Arrakis Nov 17, 2009

This company said they would give me a 5000 loan that would cost 149 a month to pay back but that i have to give them a 641 collateral payment first. I decided that before I send them any money I wanted to know more about them so started pulling up info on the computer and LO and BEHOLD!! All these complaints on Complaints Board. I emailed company and ask them to send me ALL documents and can you believe they said... "There is no more long contracts these days" and said it wasnt necessarry for them to send me documents or for me to sign documents to get a loan. Can you say"Red Alert!!!" ? Come on people...lets bring justice to these pieces of crap.

• Su
    Suetycat Nov 21, 2009

I just received an email from Ul Services. I'll glad I read your comments before I did the wrong thing.

• In response to kmalcom...if what you say is true...then tell me how to get someone from this "trusted" business to call me back. They have my money and I have nothing but empty pockets.

• I'm glad someone got money back, but why would Robert Alanis refund money that someone else received?

• I tracked the address that I stupidly sent my money order to: 7378 W. Atlantic Blvd., Dept. #145, Margate, Fl [protected]...it's a Mailboxes Etc. I also got Robert Alanis to call me back. He says he no longer works for UL Services because of their business practices. He might be lying but he did tell me that the "owner" of ULServices is Mike Tuttle.

• Sm
    SMYLEY1 Nov 24, 2009

HELLO EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY"KMALCOM" THIS IS SMYLEY THE CREATOR OF THE FIRST COMPLAINT. I BELIEVE KMALCOM IS AN EMPLOYEE OF THE SCAM COMPANY. AS A MATTER OF FACT HE SENT ME ALL THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT I SENT ROBERT SARKIS ALANIS WHICH INCLUDED MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER (WHICH HAS SINCE BEEN CANCELLED, PHONE NUMBERS, ADDRESS, EVERYTHING) SO IT IS VERY HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THIS CHARACTER IS SOMEONE THAT CAN BE TRUSTED. I SEE THEY HAVE ADOPTED A NEW SCAM BECAUSE WHEN I APPLIED THEY HAD ME PAY WITH MY VISA AND I AM HAPPY I DID BECAUSE WHEN I FOUND OUT IT WAS A SCAM I CALLED MY BACK TO HAVE THEM REVERSE THE CHARGES AND LAUNCH AN INVESTIGATION. I HAD PLENTY OF EMAILS TO BACK UP WHAT I WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT. SO NOW THEY WANT YOU TO SEND IN A MONEY ORDER?? THAT'S SO THEY CAN GET AROUND THE INVESTIGATION FROM A MAJOR CREDIT CARD COMPANY THAT WILL STOMP THEIR ### RIGHT INTO THE GROUND WHERE THEY BELONG! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE ROBBING PEOPLE WHEN IT'S HARD ENOUGH TO KEEP MONEY IN YOUR POCKETS. I HOPE THAT VISA PUTS AN END TO THIS WHOLE LITTLE OPERATION THAT THEY HAVE GOING. IF THEY ASK FOR MONEY ORDERS DON'T SEND THEM. IF YOU TRUST THEM AND WHAT TO DO BUSINESS ENSURE THAT THEY SEND YOU EMAILS STATING YOU ARE APPROVED FOR THE LOAN, THE TERMS OF THE LOAN, WHAT HAPPENS IF THE LOAN IS NOT FUNDED WILL THEY RETURN THE MONEY AND FINALLY PAY WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD SO WHEN THEY DISAPPEAR IN THE WIND (WHICH THEY WILL) YOU CAN DISPUTE IT WITH THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK. IF THEY CAN'T/WON'T ACCEPT PAYMENT WITH A CREDIT CARD DON'T TRUST THEM!!! BESIDES WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS SENDS OUT AN EMAIL WITH ALL TYPES OF SPELLING ERRORS??? THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MAJOR HINT FOR ME, BUT HARD TIMES WOULDN'T LET ME SEE THE LIGHT. BEFORE I GO, CHECK OUT [redacted]S.COM AND TYPE IN UL SERVICES IN THE SEARCH. I INCLUDED ALL OF THE EMAILS I RECEIVED FOR THIS SHADY COMPANY.

• Bi
    bigguy123 Nov 30, 2009

yes, your so right i to was taken and it was a scam from the start, early on i contacted FBI, fla state att gen local police will do nothing, website is still up and scaming people

• Be
    BeantownBoy Dec 01, 2009

I was approved for $25, 000 through ULServicesOnline.com and they want me to send in almost $2, 000 as collateral. This made me a little weary so I started looking around and found this page. I'm obviously not going to be sending them anything based on all the feedback but now I'm concerned about possible identity theft as I had to provide them my SS#, etc? Has anyone had any issue with this?

• Mi
    mickharold Dec 04, 2009

I have recently been in contact with Robert Alanis in regards to the building of Shelf Corporations. He says he works for Credit Solutions Corp and Sarkis Padres is the President of the company. Any input is appreciated.

Mike [email protected]

• So
    southamptoner Dec 15, 2009

Same problem as the other consumer on the site. I received two offers. One for $20, 000 and one for $10, 000. Communication was fantastic for the first three days. Documentation was sent. Closing costs were paid. Confirmation received on December 4th that the loan was going to be funded in 4-5 business days. Have not heard from them since. I have referred the matter to my attorney.

Christi RR Dec 28, 2009

What has your lawyer said? I am still behind on my bills, etc for believing this stupid hoax. I don't know how to proceed!! I have filed every kind of complaint that I can think of, but I don't know that I will ever get my money back.

JAYNEH Jan 15, 2010

I ALSO WAS SUCKERD IN BY THIS NASTY ### SUCKING COMPANY!!! THIS IS AN OUT RAGE THAT, THEY CAN DO THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN TO PEOPLE... I WAS SUCKERED IN BY FILLING OUT THEIR ONLINE LOAN APPLACTION, AND SOMEHOW AT THE BOTTOM OF THE APP. WHERE THEY ASK YOU TO CHECK THAT YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THEIR LOAN, YOU DONT REALISE IT UNTIL AFTER YOU CHECK, BUT THEY WITHDRAW MONEY FROM YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT . I HOWEVER WILL GET MY MONEY BACK BECAUSE AS SOON AS I FOUND OUT THEY HAD DONE THAT I STOPPED PAYMENT ON THE CHECK AND CLOSED THE ACCOUNT, TRUE THAT COST ME MONEY BUT AT LEAST THOOSE FRUDLANT, ### SUCKERS DIDNT GET IT, AND TO ME THAT WAS SWEET!!!

• Bs
    BSH Feb 06, 2010

I accidently went through the same application process all the above comments are referring to as well. One additional step I took when I realized this was a scam was to contact USPS for a copy of the cleared money order I forwarded to UL Services ($1, 126.41); had to fill out Money Order Inquiry PS Form 6401 for each separate money order. On the back of the money order is a Bank of America account number which I presume had the funds deposited into: account #[protected] E1864 94 P05 (deposited 12/23/09). Obviously BOA could not help me for confidentiality purposes. I forwarded this information onto the Margate Police Department, West Palm Beach Better Business Bureau, the FTC and a couple others.

I also suggest filing complaints with the following: