UK Travel and ToursA collecting agency assigned by mr barry atirson

C

i saw the job vacancy in the net this mr. barry atirson looking for a nanny in london and after applying thru email he assigned me to the london travel agency address was 5-11 lavington st london se1 0nz and want me to pay gbp550 that's for the application, visa etc. i searched the google and look for the company but unfortunately there was no travel agency matched. i think it's a scam like the paldin medico.

• Li
    lilfeeb Jan 19, 2009

i saw that job posting too! when i checked google, there's no such company as Uk Travels and Tours. I did a reverse phone lookup of the mobile number Mr Barry Atirson provided, and guess what I found? there were other ads with the exact same words, only that the names of the employer were altered.
    This travel agency wanted me to wire them 550Gbp in about 3days after i received all the visa and working permit application form.. I might wanna call The British Embassy to check on them.

jaida Feb 01, 2009

hi i saw again adds rearding that and they want me to pay also to uk travel and tours, and i can find also that agency, what is the phone number that Mr. Barry Atirson Give it to you? can you pos it here so that this man stop geting money from others, thanks

• Do
    Dourine Feb 02, 2009

Hi guy'.
    I too searched for the job and i found out that the same job "Nanny/ house keeper " was advertised and i was required to pay the workpermit through Uk Travels and Tours and the street adress is below, so i'm worndering weather this could be a trick for these guys to cheat us!!!
    the "-11 Lavington Street.
    London. SE1 0NZ"

jaida Feb 02, 2009

hi guys,

Wher do you saw the post regarding that, yould you give me the name of the person that you gona send the money? manny thanks

• Jm
    jmm Feb 27, 2009

I have applied to an employer named Shirley Smith as a House Chef. I had been accepted and she sent me a contract via e-mail through his Bar. Thomas Jefferson or Thomas Chambers. All went well, except for the agency, UK Travels and Tours Agency, 5-11 Lavington Street, London. The worst thing was he didn't want me to pay it personally but through western union. He insisted that i wire the money with this Federick Macpherson 30 Leicester Square. City, London, the he said was the agent of the said agency. It is clear, a big scam.

• Jh
    jheng Mar 06, 2009

jmm

We have the same employer. i had been accepted as a nanny.And his lawyer Barr.Thomas Jefferson sent me the contract.And he advise me to send a copy of contract to the said agency.Please advice me if im going to pursue this job.Did you advise mr shirley about the problem with the agency? Please help me to decide thanks

• Fi
    Fil Mar 12, 2009

fil

same thing here, i was accepted as driver of mr smith shirley with same lawyer with the same agency. i don't know what to do so please help me this matter. are they exist?

vera Mar 12, 2009

this agency thing is a scam, the agency does not exist and the intrenet if full of this agency posting adverts on websites all over the world, i got an email from this agency from a guy called barrister moore even though I told them i live in the uk and i do not require a visa they still wanted me to pay for visa fee which i didnt need

THIS IS A SCAM, DO NOT PAY THEES PEOPLE A PENNY, THEY GIVE THEMSELVES VERY ENGLISH NAMES AND WHEN YOU TALK ON THE PHONE TO THEM THEY HAVE FOREIGN INDIAN ACCENTS, THJIS IS A SCAM, THE SALARY THEY OFFER IS TOO HIGH FOR LONDON, NO REAL EMPLOYERS WOUL DOFFFER THAT MUCH TO PEOPLE THEY HAVE NOT EVEN INTERVIEWED THIS IS CRAZY

vera Mar 12, 2009

the person who tells that you have to deal with this travel agency so you pay the travel agency the money for the visa calls himself

Mr. / Mrs. Michael Lawn

+44 702 406 4870

this is a fake name but a guy with a really bad english answers the phone

i would suggest everyone calls this phobne number day and night swearing and screaming at him, during the night as well, so we taech him a lesson about scamming other people

LETS STRESS HIM OUT GUYS, HE IS THE ONE AFTER YOUR MONEY THROUGH FRAUD

vera Mar 12, 2009

THIS IS A BIG SCAM AND THE AD POSTED BY THIS GUY I SAW ON HALLOLONDON.CO.UK IN THE NANNY SECTION

LETS STRESS HIM OUT GUYS

Good Day,

I have received your Message Regarding the Nanny Job you requested. so we have considered hiring you for your services(...NANNY...).

However, as regards to your flight ticket that we will be handling, and also other relevant documents you will need to process before you can traveling into the UK will be sent to you through our lawyer, but you have to know you will have to acquire a working permit which will enable you work in England.

So if you agree with these terms and conditions of services, please let us know so that we can have our lawyer issue you contract/invitation letter and also all the necessary details on how to obtain your traveling papers. You can call us anytime for your interview. You can get our mobile number below.

Mr. / Mrs. Michael Lawn

+44 702 406 4870

Hello,
    How are you doing?After talking with my client, he has authorized me to send you this email.I am attaching herewith a Contract/Invitation Letter from Engr JONES MARTINS, for you to go through. If you accept, you would have to sign and date at the bottom and send a scanned copy to me as e mail attachment.

Information For Travel.

Your employer went to the UK Immigrations Office here in London to inform them about his decision to employ you and to also seek their approval/permit as they are the legal authorities vested with the power to permit/approve foreign workers.
    You have to contact them immediately you sign the contract letter. Send a copy to them and also request them to furnish you with details of how you can get your work permit and travel documents.Also you should know that your employer, would share travel costs with you, he will pay them for your Flight Ticket and some other relevant documents, and the little you would spend is the cost of obtaining your Work Permit
    okay. Here are their contact details:

Send them an e mail with a copy of the signed contract letter and
    they would get in touch with you so that you can travel down
    soonest to resume duties.

• Sh
    sha_weh Mar 14, 2009

This is a copy of emails i got today.same style and same Address oh how this person collects money from all of us...

From:
    "Barrister Solicitor" <[email protected]

Hello,
    How are you doing? After talking with my client, she has authorized me to send you this email.I am attaching herewith a Contract/Invitation Letter from Mr & Mrs Henshaw, for you to go through. If you accept, you would have to sign and date at the bottom and send a scanned copy to me as e mail attachment.

Information For Travel.
    You have to contact them immediately you sign the contract letter. Send a copy to them and also request them to furnish you with details of how you can get your work permit and travel documents.Also you should know that your employer, would share travel costs with you, he will pay them for your Flight Ticket and some other releva nt documents, and the little you would spend is the cost of obtaining your Work Permit okay.

Here are their contact details:
    Email: [email protected]

Send them an e mail with a copy of the signed contract letter and they would get in touch with you so that you can travel down soonest to resume duties.
    Barrister Allan Heffingham

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When will this gonna end?

From:
    "Travel Ways" <[email protected]>

Attn:
    I received correspondence of contract agreement documents .Find herewith attached information's required for the procurement of your traveling documents.Applicants to whom we have confirmed contract agreement letter of invitation from individual employee his/her permitted to go through the required Visa/Work Permit Documents carefully and you are required to complete the requirements to enable us finish the processing and send it to you, and also to the British Embassy in your country for your Schedule date of interview. Please note that the cost of Visa and Prepaid Flight Tickets has been undertaken by your employer.

This will enable us commence and finalize all your necessary work permit/Visa registration of documents as we need to reach out to our contact for immediate procurement of your visa and other supporting documents in record time.

All documents should be completed and scan to us within three (3) working days for immediate confirmation. You will be required to scan and send immediately. Thereafter, we shall inform you on how you can make payments for work permits registration as required.

Best Regard
    BRUNO ARANTIS...

I just got this Today!!?..so be careful guys...

• We
    well...well Mar 22, 2009

its good that i have browse this page.because i am in the same situation now.mr smith send the same letter that was sent to u guys...and he even added me on his ym list. as i read the email that he sent to me, i have a doubt about it because its unusual that i will get hired with just a click of a mouse and doesnt even know me well since i havent send my resume to mr smith yet..so i added him and got curious about this..we chatted on line to get the details..he asked me to send 299 pounds within 2 days for my work permit i just said yes for me to get more info about the scam.i tried to ask if i can pay it through salary deductions, but he refused since i havent work there yet...ok i said..but it has to go through the poea processing since this a new law..i told him..he refused again...now i came into the conclusion that this definitely a scam...dont believe on him...or else just waste ur money...remember...we are looking for a job because we need money...not that we are giving away money to this kind of people with no soul...may god have mercy on them.

• Ne
    Netsanet Kushayo Mar 23, 2009

HELLO I am Netsanet from ethiopia, I recived job opprtunity from Mrs. Barrister Jerry southerland, how could you help me to start my process

• El
    ELECTRA Mar 28, 2009

HI ALL,

YES, I WAS FANTASIZING ABOUT GOING TO LONDON...THINKING OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF RECIPES...ONLY TO REALISE THAT IS ALL A SCAM...WELL, WHO EVER IS INVOLVED LIFE WILL NOT BE THE SAME...THERE IS SUCH A THING AS KARMA...AND BOY OH BOY THEY ARE GOING TO GET IT. SO TO ALL THOSE, LIKE ME, ALSO WANTING THIS OPPERTUNITY SO MUCH, KEEP IT UP. DON'T STOP TRYING AND LET THIS BE A WARNING SIGN THAT THERE ARE NUMEROUS WEIR PEOPLE WITH BAD HABITS. WE ALL LEARNT FROM THIS. O AND SO BY THE WAY, I'M AN EX COP. THE WRONG PERSON TO CROSS. LET'S ALL UNITE TO IN THE ENERGY WORLD AND SEND THESE PEOPLE BACK WHAT THEY DONE TO US.

KEEP UP THE GOOD SPIRITS

BERNICE SALMON
    SOUTH AFRICA

• Je
    jeck Apr 14, 2009

These are the emails I got. Thank God i have browsed this page.
    To hell with these people!

SHERATON TOWER HOTEL
    169 coleshire
    London SW1X 7RN
    United Kingdom
    BAYS WATER, LONDON.
    www.sheraton66.webs.com

Dear Applicant,

We have received your Message Regarding the Job you requested.We have considered hiring you for your services.

However, We are going to be responsible for your flight ticket and other relevant documents you will need to proceed into England will be sent to you through our Employment Manager.

You have to pay for your work permit papers so that you can work here in the UK without any embarrassment from the British Authorities.

If you are okay with these terms and conditions of services, please let us know so that we can have our Employment Manager issue you contract/invitation letter and also all the necessary details on how to obtain your traveling papers.

You can call the Employment Manager anytime you wish to take the interview. You can call his mobile number below OR send an email to [email protected] for your interview.

Note: you can also hook up with our agent for your interview at [email protected]

Appointment Manager : GYLES FOSTER
    +447045753952, +447024074896

Best Regards,
    Management.

Dear Applicant

We are sending you this message to acknowledge you as our latest worker., You have shown us now that you have agreed to the terms and conditions of this hotel management. We presume that you will do your job absolutely perfect to our taste

In order for you to commence with this application. You have to contact our lawyer inorder for him to furnish you with the contract/invitation letter. You are to fill this brief form below and forward to him immediately .

Name:
    Mobile Phone Number:
    Country:
    Address:
    Job Granted:
    Intended Salary to be earned:

Note: Our lawyers details is stated below

Barrister John Kennedy

Attn: Client,

How are you doing? After talking with my
    client (SHERATON TOWER HOTEL), he has authorized me to send you this email. I am attaching
    herewith a Contract/Invitation Letter from Engr. Harry Jones, for you to
    go through. If you accept, you would have to sign and date at the
    bottom and send a scanned copy to me as e mail attachment.

Information for Travel.

approval/permit as they are the legal authorities vested with the
    power to permit/approve foreign workers.

also request them to furnish you with details of how you can get
    your work permit and travel documents. Also you should know that
    your employer, would share travel costs with you, he will pay them
    for your Flight Ticket and some other relevant documents, and the
    little you would spend is the cost of obtaining your Work Permit
    okay. Here are their contact details:

Send them an e mail with a copy of the signed contract letter and
    they would get in touch with you so that you can travel down
    soonest to resume duties.

Barr. John kennedy

• Ga
    Gaga Hamaro Doyamo May 08, 2009

ulation of Enzyme Activity

There are many ways to regulate enzyme activity at different levels:
    1) regulation of rate of synthesis or degradation
    • Is fairly slow (several hours), so is really too slow to be effective in eucaryotic cells.
    • Need something that can occur in seconds or less.
    • Usually done through regulatory enzymes and occur in metabolic pathways early or at first committed step:

• Ga

3) speed up reactions from 1000 - 1017, with a mean increase in rate of 00, 000
    4) exhibit stereospecificity --> act on a single stereoisomer of a substrate
    5) exhibit reaction specificity --> no waste or side reactions

Nomenclature

Typically add “-ase” to name of substrate
    e.g. lactase breaks down lactose (dissacharide of glucose and galactose)

IUBMB classifies enzymes based upon the class of organic chemical reaction catalyzed:
    1) oxidoreductase - catalyze redox reactions
    dehydrogenases, oxidases, peroxidases, reductases
    2) transferases - catalyze group transfer reactions; often require coenzymes
    3) hydrolases - catalyze hydrolysis reactions
    4) lyases - lysis of substrate; produce contains double bond
    5) isomerases - catalyze structural changes; isomerization
    6) ligases - ligation or joining of two substrates with input of energy, usually from ATP hydrolysis; often called synthetases or synthases

Enzyme kinetics:

A mathematical and graphical study of the rates of enzyme-catalyzed reactions.
    k
    S -----------> P
    k
    A + B ---> C

The velocity of this reaction can be summarized by the following equation:

v = k[S] or v = k[A][B]

This reaction is considered a first order reaction, determined by the sum of the exponents in the rate equation --> number of molecules reacting.

There are also bimolecular reactions, which involve two substrates; good example of group transfer reactions.

S1 + S2 ---> P1 + P2

v = k[S1][S2] first order for each reactant; but second order overall

For enzyme-catalyzed reactions:

E + S -----> ES -----> E + P

The rate or velocity is dependent upon both [enzyme] and [substrate].

In reality, enzyme-catalysed reactions are not that simple:
    k1 kcat
    k-1

k1 and k-1 govern the rates of association and dissociation of ES
    kcat is the turnover number or catalytic constant

VES = k1[E][S]
    VE+S = k-1[ES]
    VE+P = kcat[ES]

Usually an enzyme’s velocity is measured under initial conditions of [S] and [P].

These same reactions can be described graphically:

velocity

[S]

• At low [S], vo increases as [S] increases.
    • At high [S], enzymes become saturated with substrates, and the reaction is independent of [S] --> display saturation kinetics.

Vmax = kcat[ES]

or because the [S] is irrelevant at high [S]

Vmax = kcat [E]

The graph is a graph of a hyperbola, and the equation for a hyperbola is

y = ax
    b + x where a is the asymptote
    b is value at a/2
    Substituting our equation parameters,

Vo = Vmax[S]
    Km + [S] Michaelis-Menten equation

Different enzymes reach Vmax at different [S] because enzymes differ in their affinity for the substrate or Km.
    1) The greater the tendency for an enzyme and substrate to form an ES, the higher the enzyme’s affinity for the substrate ---> lower Km.
    2) At a given [S], the more enzyme will be in ES for an enzyme with a higher affinity
    i.e. the greater the affinity, the lower the [S] needed to saturate the enzyme or to reach Vmax.

Enzyme-substrate affinity and reaction kinetics are closely associated
    [S] at which vo=1/2Vmax = Km

Km is a measure of enzyme affinity

Km = k-1
    k1 reflection of association and dissociation of ES

• a small Km (high affinity) favors E + S ----> ES
    • a large Km (low affinity) favors ES -----> E + S
    • meaning that the lower the Km, the less substrate is needed to saturate the enzyme.

We would like numbers of Vmax and Km for a means of comparison among enzymes.

It is difficult to estimate Vmax and Km from a typical graph of [substrate] vs. velocity.

These two parameters are used to describe the efficiency of enzymes; must be an easier method for measuring these parameters.

Done by transformation of the date by taking the reciprocal of both sides of the equation ---> double reciprocal plot or Lineweaver-Burke plot.

Vo = Vmax[S]
    Km + [S]

1 Km 1 1
    Vo = Vmax [S] + Vmax y=mx+b

Alterations in enzyme activity:

Enzyme inhibition
    • Molecule that binds to enzyme and interferes with its activity to prevent either:
    1) formation of ES complex E + I ---> EI
    2) breakdown of ES --> E + P ES + I ---> ESI
    • Used to regulate metabolism.
    • Many drugs act by enzyme inhibition.
    • These molecules can be
    1) irreversible - bind to enzymes by covalent means and modify enzyme
    2) reversible - noncovalent binding to enzyme

There are three types of reversible inhibition:
    1) competitive
    • Competes with substrate for active site of enzyme.
    • Both substrate and competitive inhibitor bind to active site.
    • These inhibitors are often substrate analogs (similar in structure substrate), but still no product is formed.
    • Can be overcome by addition of more substrate (overwhelm inhibitor; a numbers game).
    e.g. malonate inhibition of succinate dehydrogenase

succinate ----------------------> fumarate

FAD FADH2

succinate malonate

e.g. AZT inhibition of HIV reverse transcriptase
    actual substrate is dTTP (deoxythymidine triphosphate)
    • Can be represented by the following equation:

I

EI

• Graphical representation of competitive inhibitors:

• affects Km (increases Km --> decreases affinity; need more substrate to reach half-saturation of enzyme)
    • Vmax unaffected

2) uncompetitive inhibitor
    • Typically seen in multisubstrate reactions (here, there is a decrease in product formation because the second substrate cannot bind).
    • Inhibitor binds to ES, but not enzyme.

I

ESI
    Graphical representation of uncompetitive inhibitors:

Lineweaver-Burke plot:
    • both Km and Vmax are lowered, usually the same amount
    • ratio Km/Vmax unchanged --> no change in slope

3) pure noncompetitive inhibitor
    • Can bind to enzyme and ES complex equally.
    • Does not bind to same site as substrate and is not a substrate analog.
    • Cannot be overcome by increases in [substrate].
    e.g. lead, mercury, silver, heavy metals

Lineweaver-Burke plot:
    • No effect on Km, because those enzyme molecules unaffected have normal affinity.
    • Vmax is lowered.

ulation of Enzyme Activity

There are many ways to regulate enzyme activity at different levels:
    1) regulation of rate of synthesis or degradation
    • Need something that can occur in seconds or less.

Reg

E1
    A + B ---> C ---> D ---> E --->F ---> P feedback inhibition

G ---> H

• Result is to conserve material and energy by preventing accumulation of intermediates.

2) allosteric regulation
    • Done through allosteric sites or regulatory sites on enzymes - site other than active site where inhibitor or activator can bind.
    • Properties of allosteric enzymes:
    1) sensitive to metabolic inhibitors and activators
    2) binding is noncovalent; not chemically altered by enzyme
    3) regulatory enzymes possess quaternary structure - individual polypeptide chains may or may not be identical
    4) enzyme has at least one substrate that gives sigmoidal curve due to positive cooperativity because of multiple substrate binding sites.
    • Theories of allosteric regulation:
    1) concerted theory or symmetry-driven theory
    Assumes 1 binding site/subunit for each ligand.
    Enzyme can assume either R or T conformation.
    Assumes that all subunits are in R or T state, and all switch at same time when the first substrate is bound.

2) sequential theory
    Ligand introduces a change in the tertiary structure of a subunit.
    Only that subunit is converted to R conformation.

3) covalent modification
    • Usually requires one enzyme to activate enzyme and another to inactivate.
    • Most common modification is phosphorylation of serine residues on interconvertible enzyme (the one that does the activating).
    e.g. pyruvate dehydrogenase

Chapter 16 - Lipid Metabolism

Fatty acids have four major physiologic roles in the cell:
    • Building blocks of phospholipids and glycolipids
    • Added onto proteins to create lipoproteins, which targets them to membrane locations
    • Fuel molecules - source of ATP
    • Fatty acid derivatives serve as hormones and intracellular messengers

Absorption and Mobilization of Fatty Acids
    • Most lipids are triacylglycerols, some are phospholipids and cholesterol.
    • Digestion occurs primarily in the small intestine.
    • Fat particles are coated with bile salts (amphipathic) from gall bladder.
    • Degraded by pancreatic lipase (hydrolyzes C-1 and C-3 ---> 2 fatty acids and 2-monoacylglycerol).
    • Can then be absorbed by intestinal epithelial cells; bile salts are recirculated after being absorbed by the intestinal epithelial cells.
    • In the cells, fatty acids are converted by fatty acyl CoA molecules.
    • Phospholipids are hydrolyzed by pancreatic phospholipases, primarily phospholipase A2.
    • Cholesterol esters are hydrolyzed by esterases to form free cholesterol, which is solubilized by bile salts and absorbed by the cells.
    • Lipids are transported throughout the body as lipoproteins.

Lipoproteins

• Both transported in form of lipoprotein particles, which solubilize hydrophobic lipids and contain cell-targeting signals.
    • Lipoproteins classified according to their densities:
    o chylomicrons - contain dietary triacylglycerols
    o chylomicron remnants - contain dietary cholesterol esters
    o very low density lipoproteins (VLDLs) - transport endogenous triacylglycerols, which are hydrolyzed by lipoprotein lipase at capillary surface
    o intermediate-density lipoproteins (IDL) - contain endogenous cholesterol esters, which are taken up by liver cells via receptor-mediated endocytosis and converted to LDLs
    o low-density lipoproteins (LDL) - contain endogenous cholesterol esters, which are taken up by liver cells via receptor-mediated endocytosis; major carrier of cholesterol in blood; regulates de novo cholesterol synthesis at level of target cell
    o high-density lipoproteins - contain endogenous cholesterol esters released from dying cells and membranes undergoing turnover
    Storage of Fatty Acids
    • Triacylglycerols are transported as chylomicrons and VLDLs to adipose tissue; there, they are hydrolyzed to fatty acids, which enter adipocytes and are esterified for storage.
    • Mobilization is controlled by hormones, particularly epinephrine, which binds to -adrenergic receptors on adipocyte membrane --> protein kinase A activated --> phosphorylates hormone-sensitive lipase --> converts triacylglycerols to free fatty acids and monoacylglycerols.
    • Insulin inhibits lipid mobilization (example of reciprocal regulation).
    • Monoacylglycerols formed are phosphorylated and oxidized to DHAP (intermediate of glycolysis and gluconeogenesis).

ATP ADP NAD+ NADH + H+

glycerol glycerol 3-phosphate dihydroxyacetone phosphate
    glycerol kinase glycerol phosphate
    dehydrogenase

Can be converted to glucose (gluconeogenesis) or pyruvate (glycolysis) in the liver.

Fatty Acid Oxidation (-oxidation)
    • Fatty acids are degraded by oxidation of the carbon by-oxidation.
    • Pathway that removes 2-C units at a time --> acetyl CoA --> citric acid cycle --> ATP
    • There are three stages in -oxidation:
    o Activation of fatty acids in cytosol catalyzed by acyl CoA synthetase; two high energy bonds are broken to produce AMP
    o 2) Transport of fatty acyl CoA into mitochondria via carnitine shuttle
    o 3) -oxidation - cyclic pathway in which many of the same enzymes are used repeatedly (see pathway sheet)

-oxidation of odd chain and unsaturated fatty acids

• Odd chain fatty acids undergo -oxidation until propionyl CoA is formed.
    • Propionyl CoA is then converted to succinyl CoA, which then enters the Krebs cycle.
    • See pathway sheet for details

• Unsaturated fatty acids need two additional enzymes besides those of-oxidation.
    o enoyl-CoA isomerase
    o 2, 4-dienoyl-CoA reductase
    • How the pathway looks depends upon the location of the double bond, but there are two possibilities.
    • See pathway sheets for details.

ATP generation from Fatty Acid Oxidation:

• Can be estimated from the amount of acetyl CoA, QH2, and NADH produced.
    • See pathway sheet.

Regulation of Fatty Acid Oxidation

• Already talked about fatty acid mobilization via epinephrine.
    • Net result is high concentrations of acetyl CoA and NADH via -oxidation.
    • Both molecules allosterically inhibit pyruvate dehydrogenase complex.
    • Most of acetyl CoA produced goes to Krebs cycle; during periods of fasting, excess acetyl CoA is produced, too much for Krebs cycle.
    • Also in diabetes, oxaloacetate is used to form glucose by gluconeogenesis --> concentration of oxaloacetate is lowered.
    • Result is the diversion of acetyl CoA to form acetoacetate and 3-hydroxybutyrate; these two molecules plus acetone are known as ketone bodies.
    • Acetoacetate is formed via the following reactions:

acetyl
    CoA CoA acetyl CoA
    2 acetyl CoA 3-hydroxy- acetoacetate HMG-CoA lyase
    3-methylglutaryl CoA

NADH + H+ -hydroxy H+ NAD+ butyrate CO2
    Dehydrogenase

3-hydroxybutyrate acetone

• The major site of ketone body synthesis is the liver, within the mitochondrial matrix ---> transported to the bloodstream.
    • Acetoacetate and 3-hydroxybutyrate are used in respiration and are important sources of energy.
    • Cardiac muscle and the renal cortex perferentially use acetoacetate over glucose.
    • Glucose is used by brain and RBCs; in brain, ketone bodies substitute for glucose as fuel because the brain cannot undergo gluconeogenesis.
    • Acetoacetate can be converted to acetyl CoA and oxidized in citric acid cycle only in nonhepatic tissues.

Diabetes (insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; IDDM)
    Decreased insulin secretion by beta cells of pancreas; could be caused by viruses (?)
    Juvenile onset
    Patients are thin, hyperglycemic, dehydrated, polyuric (pee a lot), hungry, thirsty
    In these patients, glycogen mobilization, gluconeogenesis, fatty acid oxidation occurs --- > massive ketone body production; also, some of the glucose is in urine (tends to pull water out of body) ----> diabetic ketoacidosis

FATTY ACID SYNTHESIS

Important features of this pathway:
    1) Synthesis takes place in cytosol; -oxidation takes place in mitochondrial matrix.
    2) Intermediates are bound to sulfhydral groups of acyl carrier protein (ACP); intermediates of-oxidation are bonded to CoA
    3) Growing fatty acid chain is elongated by sequential addition of two-carbon units derived from acetyl CoA
    4) Reducing power comes from NADPH; oxidants in -oxidation are NAD+ and FAD
    5) Elongation of fatty acid stops when palmitate (C16) is formed; further elongation and insertion of double bonds carried out later by other enzymes

Fatty acid synthesis takes place in three stages:
    1) Mitochondrial acetyl CoA is transported into cytosol via citrate transport system
    Acetyl CoA is condensed with oxaloacetate to form citrate ---> antiported out with inward movement of anion
    Citrate cleaved by cytosolic citrate lyase --> oxaloacetate + acetyl CoA
    2) Formation of malonyl CoA
    Acetyl CoA carboxylase is key regulatory enzyme
    Influenced by glucagon --> inactivates enzyme in liver
    Epinephrine inactivates enzyme in adipocytes
    Citrate allosterically activates enzyme
    Fatty acyl CoA allosterically inhibits enzyme
    3) Assembly of fatty acid chain via fatty acid synthase
    Consists of five separate stages:
    1) Loading - acetyl CoA and malonyl CoA are attached to acyl carrier protein
    2) Condensation - both are condensed by fatty acid synthase to from acetoacetyl-ACP
    3) Reduction - NADPH is oxidized to form hydroxybutyryl ACP
    4) Dehydration - formation of double bond
    5) Reduction - NADPH is source of e- and H+ to form butyryl-ACP

Last four steps are repeated, each time with malonyl-ACP to elongate chain, until palmitate is produced.

Overall reaction:

acetyl CoA + 7 malonyl CoA + 14 NADPH + 20 H+ ---> palmitate + 7CO2 + 14 NADP+ + 8 HS-CoA + 6 H2O

Regulation of Fatty Acid Synthesis

• Metabolism of fatty acids is under hormonal regulation by glucagons, epinephrine, and insulin.
    • Fatty acid synthesis is maximal when carbohydrate and energy are plentiful.
    • Important points of control are release of fatty acids from adipocytes and regulation of carnitine acyltransferase I in the liver.
    • High insulin levels also stimulate formation of malonyl CoA, which allosterically inhibits carnitine acyltransferase I  fatty acids remain in cytosol and are not transported to mitochondria for oxidation.
    • Key regulatory enzyme is acetyl-CoA carboxylase (catalyzes first committed step in fatty acid synthesis).
    • Insulin stimulates fatty acid synthesis and inhibits hydrolysis of stored triacylglycerols.
    • Glucagon and epinephrine inhibit fatty acid synthesis (enzyme is phosphorylated by protein kinase A; removal of phosphate group catalyzed by protein phosphatase 2A).
    • Citrate is an allosteric activator, but its biological relevance has not been established.
    • Fatty acyl CoA acts as an inhibitor.
    • Palmitoyl CoA and AMP are allosteric inhibitors.

Synthesis of Eicosanoids

• Precursors for eicosanoids are 20-carbon polyunsaturated fatty acids such as arachidonate.
    • Part of inner leaflet of cell membrane.
    • There are two classes of eicosanoids:
    1) prostaglandins and thromboxanes
    Synthesized by enzyme cyclooxygenase
    Localized molecules such as thromboxane A2, prostaglandins, prostacyclin ae produced.
    Thromboxane A2 leads to platelet aggregation and blood clots  reduced blood flow in tissues.
    Aspirin binds irreversibly to COX enzymes and prevents prostaglandin synthesis.
    2) leukotrienes
    Produced by lipoxygenases.
    Products were once called “slow-acting substances of anaphylaxis”, responsible for fatal effects of some immunizations.
    Synthesis of Triacylglycerols and Glycerophospholipids

Most fatty acids are esterified as triacylglycerols or glycerophospholipids.
    Intermediate molecule in synthesis of these two molecules is phosphatidic acid or phosphatidate.

There are two pathways:
    1) de novo – “from scratch”
    2) salvage pathway - uses “old” pieces and parts to make new molecules

Synthesis of phosphatidate:
    • Common intermediate in synthesis of phosphoglycerides and triacylglycerols
    • Formed from glycerol 3-phosphate and 2 acetyl CoA molecules
    • Enzyme is glycerol phosphate acyltransferase

Synthesis of triacylglycerols and neutral phospholipids:
    • Uses phosphatidate, which is dephosphorylated to produce 1, 2-diacylglycerol
    If acetylated ---> triacylglyerol
    If reacted with nucleotide derivative --> phosphatidylcholine or phosphatidylethanolamine

Synthesis of acidic phospholipids:
    • Uses phosphatidate and reacts it with CTP ---> CDP-diacylglycerol
    • Addition of serine --> phosphatidylserine
    • Addition of inositol ---> phosphatidylinositol
    • In mammals, phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylethanolamine can be interconverted - base-exchange occurs in ER.
    • Decarboxylation occurs in mitochondria and procaryotes

Synthesis of Sphingolipids

• All have C18 unsaturated alcohol (sphingosine) as structural backbone, rather than glycerol
    • Palmitoyl CoA and serine condense ---> dehydrosphinganine ---> sphingosine
    • Acetylation of amino group of sphingosine ---> ceramide
    • Substitution of terminal hydroxyl group gives:
    • sphingomyelin -- addition of phosphatidylcholine
    • cerebroside -- substitute UDP-glucose or UDP-galactose
    • gangliosides -- substitute oligosaccharide

Tay-Sachs disease = inherited disorder of ganglioside breakdown.
    • Deficient or missing enzyme is -N-acetylhexosaminidase, which removes the terminal N-acetylgalactosamine residue from its ganglioside.
    • One in 30 Jewish Americans of eastern European descent are carriers of a defective allele.
    • Can be diagnosed during fetal development by assaying amniotic fluid for enzyme activity.
    • Causes weakness, ###ed psychomotor development, blindness by age two, and death around age three.

Synthesis of Cholesterol

• Precursor of steroid hormones and bile salts.
    • Most cholesterol is synthesized in liver cells, although most animal cells can synthesize it.
    • Starts with 3 molecules of acetyl CoA to form 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl CoA, which is reduced to mevalonate (C6) by HMG-CoA reductase (first committed step of cholesterol synthesis)
    • Amount of cholesterol formation by liver and intestine is highly responsive to cellular levels of cholesterol.
    • Enzyme HMG-CoA reductase is controlled in multiple ways:
    1) Rate of enzyme synthesis is controlled by sterol regulatory element (SRE); SRE inhibits mRNA production
    2) Translation of reductase mRNA is inhibited by nonsterol metabolites derived from mevalonate
    3) Degradation of the enzyme occurs at high enzyme levels
    4) Phosphorylation of enzyme
    If enzyme is phosphorylated via glucagon pathway --> decreased activity--> cholesterol synthesis ceases when ATP levels are low
    If enzyme is dephosphorylated via insulin pathway --> increased activity

• Cells outside liver and intestine obtain cholesterol from blood instead of synthesizing it de novo.
    • Steps in the uptake of cholesterol by LDL pathway:
    1) apolipoprotein on surface of LDL particle binds to receptor on membrane of nonhepatic cells
    2) LDL-receptor complex internalized by endocytosis
    3) vesicles formed fuse with lysosomes, which breaks apart protein part of lipoprotein to amino acids and hydrolyzes cholesterol esters
    4) released unesterified cholesterol can be used for membrane biosynthesis or be reesterified for storage

• Defects in LDL receptor lead to familial hypercholesterolemia (FH), in which cholesterol and LDL levels are markedly elevated.
    • Result is deposition of cholesterol in tissues because of high levels of LDL-cholesterol in blood
    • Heterozygotes suffer from atherosclerosis and increased risk of stroke
    • Homozygotes usually die in childhood from coronary artery disease
    • Disease is the result of an absence (homozygotes) or reduction (heterozygotes) in number of LDL receptors.
    • LDL entry into liver and other cells is impaired.
    • Drug therapy can help heterozygotes
    1) can inhibit intestinal absorption of bile salts (which promote absorption of dietary cholesterol)
    2) lovastatin - competitive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase ---> blocks cholesterol synthesis

• Je
    jerome Jun 04, 2009

A scam!!muntik na ako!!
    By:jerome of Philippines
    Attn:
    I received correspondence of the contract agreement between you and The family of Engr Lucas Moore.
    Find the attached information's required for the procurement of your traveling documents, Applicants to whom we have confirmed contract agreement letter of invitation from individual employee his/her permitted to go through the required Work Permit Documents carefully and you are required to complete the requirements to enable us finish the processing and send it to you. Please note that the cost of other documents and Prepaid Flight Tickets has been undertaken by your employer.

This will enable us commence and finalize all your necessary work permit, registration of documents as we need to reach out to our contact for immediate procurement of your other supporting documents in record time.
    All documents should be completed and scan to us within 24hours for immediate confirmation. You are required to scan and send along with the payment confirmation slip from western union for the work permit.

Best Regard

• Pe
    periboi Jun 04, 2009

that FU__n' guy just called earlier and told me that he sent me the contract in my email for hiring me as a project manager with 20000 GBP salary and I should send him and that travel agency a signed copy for them to apply for my work permit. Im glad that I background check that agency and I stumbled upon these blogs/ comments and I learned the truth behind this scam. but i will not tell them that I already know. I WILL LET THEM CALL ME OFTEN SO THEY WILL SPEND MONEY ON THE PHONECALLS!!! ITS PAYBACK TIME HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

---PERIBOI

• Ky
    kykka Aug 07, 2009

ATTN:-
    Goodday to you madam, We are awaiting your document and payment for the Uk work permit and Visa, Because MR Donald Houghton called our office this morning that he will be making his own payment on your behalf today.

kindly act fast because we have already forward your name to the UK VISA DEPARTMENT...

Hope to read from you ..

Mrs Carson.
    Emirate Travels & Tour

London. SE1 0NZ

I got it as everyone here from a family registered at aupairoptions.
    He wrote me confirming :

Here is my family Id: 100398 on aupair-options.com. You can logon and check about my family.
    I got your e-mail, Regarding the question you asked me, The traveling agency are in UK and they secure the working permit and visa for foreigners coming into the country. My family is real and when you pay visit to the Au-pair site my family image will be displayed boldly.

Dear Francisa,
    I got your emails and am really worried about the name you mentioned to me . The agency is a private body and which their fee is cheap for people to pass thru them. I never knew what scam is. My family all depend on God.

And he keeps ond sending messages...
    But I cant understand... registered as VIP and with an agency like this .. a SCAM.

• Gi
    girl philippnes Sep 09, 2009

e have received correspondence of signed contract agreement/invitation letter to further prompt processing of your traveling Documents. Find herewith attached information's required for the procurement of your traveling documents. Applicants to whom we have confirmed contract agreement letter of invitation from individual employee his/her permitted to go through the required Visa/Work Permit Documents carefully and you are required to complete the requirements to enable us finish the processing and send it to you, and also to the British Embassy in your country for your Schedule date of interview.

Please note that the cost of Visa and Prepaid Flight Tickets has been undertaken by your employer Mr. David Jones and we have received payment for DER quota approval in relevant categories. This will enable us commence and finalize all your necessary traveling documents as we need to expedite on immediate procurement of your visa and other supporting documents in record time.

YOU ARE TO GO TO ANY WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER OUTLET CLOSE TO YOU AND MAKE THE PAYMENT OF £210 (GBP) TO OUR ACCOUNT OFFICE AND GET BACK TO US WITH THE SCAN RECEIPT.

NOTE: THIS FEE IS FOR YOUR WORK PERMIT PROCESSING.

Account Name: Mr. Ralf Richard
    (Account Management Department UK Travel/Tours)
    Payout Address Location: 5-11 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ, United Kingdom

All documents should be filled completely and scan to us in the next 24 hours for immediate verification and confirmation. Get back to us with the payment and the filled documents.

LONDON TRAVELS & TOURS

Please Note: You are asked Name and Address of Employer, you are to use this informations below.

98 George Street, CV1 4HD, coventry, West Midlands, UK
    Phone: +447024083510

• Ye
    yellorebbon Oct 23, 2009

i have olready this...

• Be
    beauty_bohol20 Nov 18, 2009

Hello,
    How are you doing? After talking with my client, he has authorized me to send you this email.
    I am attaching herewith a Contract/Invitation Letter from Scott Chima, for you to

approval/permit as they are the legal authorities vested with the
    power to permit and approve foreign workers.

Uktravels & Tours Agency
    5 -11 Lavington Street...
    Phone: +447011172739
    Email:[email protected]

Barr.Sydney Mitchell
    Barr.Sydney Mitchell Barr.Sydney Mitchell" <[email protected]

HELLO TO ALL,

THE MESSAGE ABOVE WAS SENT ME BY MR. Barr.Sydney Mitchell, SAID TO BE THE ATTY. OF MY EMPLOYER NAMED SCOTT CHIMA SAID TO BE A BRITISH NATIONALITY. HE OFFER ME 1500 POUNDS/MONTH AND 400 WEEKLY ALLOWANCE. IT'S REALLY A BIG MONEY. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO PUSH IT THRU. IN THE OTHERHAND I WAS CONFUSED, IF ITS TRUE.?.SO I TRY TO SEARCH THE TRAVEL AGENCY AND FOUND NOTHING..AND I FOUND THIS COMPLAINTS AND YOUR POST..THANKS TO ALL I WAS DELIGHTENED...

lynstder Dec 10, 2009

Hello all au pairs from the world!
    I'm mexican looking for an au pair job and i felt something weird about this, you know feelings ...and i did google and guess what i found, that i was part of a future scam by this people instead of doing that they should start working as us, do stuff legally...
    be careful girls and boys and thank you very much for the alert messages...
    lyn:)
    this is how they work and then they they ask for money and hide...

Hello,
    How are you doing? After talking with my client Scott Strool, he has authorized me to send you this email.
    I am attaching herewith a Contract/Invitation Letter from scott Strool, for you to

approval/permit as they are the legal authorities vested with the
    power to permit and approve foreign workers.

Uktravels & Tours Agency
    5 -11 Lavington Street...
    Phone: +447011172739
    Email:[email protected]

Barr.Sydney Mitchell

lynstder Dec 10, 2009

Hello lyn again, i'm not sure if this one is a scam or not but i google this email address '[email protected]' i saw a page with a lady who received a very similar ones and the way they write the use of the exactly the same phrases seems very weird...so just be careful like me i leave all this Strool and Harrison Family in peace and continue looking somewhere else for a job as an au pair...thanks..

The user has provided '[email protected]' as his/her email address.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
    My name is Dr Tommy and my wife's name is Mrs Victoria Harrison. I'm a American but married to an English woman. We are a happily married couple blessed with two lovely and wonderful son and daughter. David and Hannah. David is 6 years old while Hannah is 4 years old. I am a medical Microbiologist and i work with the World Health Organization(WHO) and have been working with them here in London for over 9 years now but I will be resuming my official duties in Asia by this January but will want my family to remain in London. My wife works in a bank in the city of London and by the nature of her work she spends more time at work. I do spend more time with the kids since my work allows me to do that. But by February I will not be in the UK any longer rather I will be posted to the World Health Organization(Asia region) where i will now be working. And as a result of this, our Children will need someone to take good care of them and their needs since their mother spends most of the time at work during weekdays and always only have weekends to give them good attention. We came across your profile on Great aupair and we were convinced that you possess the qualities capable of taking good care of our daughters in the absence of both us.

Your duties are always linked to childcare and light housework. This include taking the children to / from school; helping them get ready in the morning; amusing and supervising them until the parents come home; tidying the toys away; preparing their meals and clearing up after the mealtimes. You will have your Private Room which will have bathroom, toilet, television, air-Conditioner/heater. You will have access to the internet and a telephone at home should in case you want to get in touch with your family or friends . And very importantly, we have both decided to treat you as a family member and not as an employee. Your weekdays working hours will be 5 hours maximum per day. You will have Saturdays and Sundays as your off days since their mother does not go to work weekends and this should enable you have enough time for yourself and enroll for special program if you wish to. As for your salary, we intend to pay you 1, 500 Pounds every 4 weeks and a pocket fee of 200 Pounds weekly so as to enable you engage yourself in any program that can add more values to your life while you stay with us.
    I look forward to hearing from you and more so coming over to the UK and live as a member of our family as soon as possible.I, on behalf of my wife and my wonderful children wish you the best in your present endeavours over there in your country and we are also waiting to embrace you with the warmth, love and most importantly the peace that your heart always desires. Dr Tommy and Victoria Harrison

Home Address
    115 Gloucester Road
    South Kensington
    London
    SW7 4TH

Telephone number, +44 (0)8717942389

and then they send you to the family agent...
    [email protected] royal travel limited or something like this and then they start asking for money 850 pounds for the working visa...

lynelli santander Dec 11, 2009

I'm kind of doubting if this strool and Harrison family is involved in a scam or not but i ask both families my apologies ...i saw in another web page some more complains about this agency and this Barr mitchel, so sorry i'm skeptical but i don't want to put myself in trouble or talk bad about the families which are for real...about the agency i have no idea...
    Lynelli santander

VitorSA Jan 12, 2010

Hey guys! Thanks a lot for these comments! I am trying to communicate with a family to be an aupair but it seems that the most difficult thing around here is to find a REAL family :/ The e-mails you posted here were almost the same I received from 3 different "families" (only the names change). We must be very careful with internet negotiation!

VitorSA Jan 12, 2010

Here, some of the mails:

Hello,

Compliments of the day, i saw your profile on eaupair.com. as a prospective Au-pair/nanny. We are a British family living in London, UK. My wife and I are working professionals. I'm a medical Doctor and my wife is a psychologist.
    We have two kids, Jane and David(jr) aged 4 & 2 years old respectively, we're looking for an Au Pair with no special emphasis on country, tribe, race, etc that is willing to stay with us for a minimum of 6/12 month(s) and the contract is renewable accordingly.
    We are a professional couple, living here in the UK .Our kids are fairly easy going and relaxed, they would enjoy someone with lots of enthusiasm.We seek an Au pair/Nanny for basic child care and light housework. If you accept to take a position with us, you would be paid the sum of £1800(One thousand eight hundred GBP) monthly with a weekly allowance of £150. Hence we are doing anything that would motivate the intending Au pair to put in her best in taking care of our children.
    You shall have a private accommodation with furnished sitting room and bedroom and also a private bathroom. A Fixed land phone and an Internet ready computer.Do well to send us your references/resume or c.v & also an update picture of yourself, and we would get in touch with you. Should the outcome be positive, we would send you a Contract Letter. We shall discuss travel arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous assistance to you. You can reach me on my personal mobile to indicate your interest +447024084551.
    We sincerely look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,
    Dr.David Cole
    For the family

___________________________________________________________

So my family and i have considered hiring you for your services. However as regards your flight tickets that will be handled by me and also some other relevant documents you might be needing to proceed into the UK, but you have to take care of your work permit fees nothing much I presume.So if you agree with these terms please let me know so that I can have my lawyer issue you your contract/invitation letter and also all the necessary details on how to obtain your traveling papers.
    But first let me tell you a little bit about my family,

we are down to earth people not arrogant, we respect our employees opinion very much, our kids are the most adorable things on the face of the earth we love them so much and so will you I hope.We are also easy going people.
    The family does a lot of outings, we go hiking sometimes my wife and I, also go to the beach together with the whole family.we also attend services every Wednesdays & Sundays.I have also attached herewith family pictures for you to see.

Dr.David Cole
    For the family

_________________________________________________________________

Hello,
    Compliments of the season, after discussing with my client, he has authorized me to send you this email. I am attaching here with a new Contract offer Letter from Dr. David Cole for you to go through. If you accept, you would have to sign and date at the bottom and send a scanned copy to me as e-mail attachment.

Information For Travel.

You have to contact the travel agency immediately you sign the contract letter. Send a copy to them and also request them to furnish you with details of how you can get your work permit and travel documents. Also you should know that your employer, would share travel costs with you, he will pay them for your Flight Ticket and some other relevant documents, and the little you would spend is the cost of obtaining your Work Permit.

Here are their contact details:

Speed Link Travel and Tours.1 Inverness mews e162sp London United Kingdom.
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Send them an e- mail with a copy of the signed contract letter and they will get in touch with you so that all procedures will be accomplished in due time so you can travel down and resume duties.

Barr.Justice

============================================================

Hello,
    I am Dr.Andy Ray 38 Years Old, From United kingdom. I work in an hospital in United Kingdom and i don't usually stay at home unless during weekends. My contact address is : 28 gunner lane. Woolworth London. I will like you to know that i have just two kids which names are whinney and kate they are both Girls they are just 3 and 5 years old. I want an Aupair or nanny for them because they are the only one left at home after there Mum was late.I have an apartment room for who will be taking care of them in my house.So i will like you to know that i will be paying you 2000 POUND for every four weeks and a pocket money of 500 POUND per week for the buying of some things for your self and i will also be responsible for some of the money for your traveling documents but you have to agree that you are the one to pay for your flight ticket to the traveling ticket agent.And the working hour is just 4 hours per day and your responsibility in my house is just to take care of my kids, cooking, taking them for shopping, taking them to where the school bus will pick them up from which is just 2 km ahead from home.And also you have a private room bathroom toilet and also if you wish to be having free period from 5 pm to 6 pm is acceptable.So i will like you to get back to me if you are interested being my aupair nanny for my Kids. So i hope to hear from you soonest.

____________________________________________________________

GTI Management wishes to inform you that your host family Dr Andy Ray contacted us regarding the arrangement of your Traveling Documents to the United Kingdom. We promise to Offer you the best which you will be Glad you did. It was Indicated in his E-mail that you have been told by your Host Family who contacted us. We promise never to disappoint you as we have never disappointed him either. We would request that you provide us with the following so that the documentation will start immediately. We would get your visa within 2 weeks as soon as we receive the information from you .

- Full Name

-Mailing Address

-Phone Number

-Nationality

-Passport Photo page

-Consulate of the United Kingdom (British Embassy) Address In your Location (If available)

-A Total of £850.00 to enable us process the necessary Documents for the visa for you to Travel down here to U.K, Flight ticket and all other neccesarry documents as well.

All Documents will be processed and arranged here in our Office after which will be forwarded to the British Embassy along with your Flight Ticket. Also, some Copies of this Document(s) will also be sent to you. We will like you to find with this E-mail a Copy of the U.K Visa Form which you are going to fill and get it back to us with a scanned copy of your recent Passport Photo.

We will begin in earnest once we receive all necessary Details.

In anticipation of your response

Yours Faithfully,

Global Travels International

============================================================

Hello,
    My name is Dr David and my wife's name is Mrs Victoria Ray. I'm a American but married to an English woman. We are a happily married couple blessed with two lovely and wonderful son and daughter. David and Hannah. David is 6 years old while Hannah is 4 years old. I am a medical Microbiologist and i work with the World Health Organisation(WHO) and have been working with them here in London for over 9 years now but I will be resuming my official duties in Asia by this January but will want my family to remain in London. My wife works in a bank in the city of London and by the nature of her work she spends more time at work. I do spend more time with the kids since my work allows me to do that. But by Febuary I will not be in the UK any longer rather I will be posted to the World Health Organization(Asia region) where i will now be working. And as a result of this, our Children will need someone to take good care of them and their needs since their mother spends most of the time at work during weekdays and always only have weekends to give them good attention. We came across your profile on E- aupair and we were convinced that you possess the qualities capable of taking good care of our daughters in the absence of both us.

Your duties are always linked to childcare and light housework. This include taking the children to / from school; helping them get ready in the morning; amusing and supervising them until the parents come home; tidying the toys away; preparing their meals and clearing up after the mealtimes. You will have your Private Room which will have bathroom, toilet, television, air-Conditioner/heater. You will have access to the internet and a telephone at home should in case you want to get in touch with your family or friends . And very importantly, we have both decided to treat you as a family member and not as an employee. Your weekdays working hours will be 5 hours maximum per day. You will have Saturdays and Sundays as your off days since their mother does not go to work weekends and this should enable you have enough time for yourself and enrol for special programmes if you wish to. As for your salary, we intend to pay you 1, 500 Pounds every 4 weeks and a pocket fee of 200 Pounds weekly so as to enable you engage yourself in any programmes that can add more values to your life while you stay with us.
    I look forward to hearing from you and more so coming over to the UK and live as a member of our family as soon as possible.I, on behalf of my wife and my wonderful children wish you the best in your present endeavors over there in your country and we are also waiting to embrace you with the warmth, love and most importantly the peace that your heart always desires. Dr David and Victoria Ray

Home Address
    115 Gloucester Road
    South Kensington
    London
    SW7 4TH

Telephone number, +44 (0)8717942389

___________________________________________________________________

Welcome as our new nanny
    We have to work together with you to ensure that you are happy with the duties you are carrying out, and that you are comfortable using and enjoying the facilities our home provides.. If ever you are in doubt, please ask! You will find that we are reasonably well organized and try to keep things tidy as we go.
    Household Duties
    Tidying Our kid's playroom and bedroom as required
    Changing Our kid's bed sheets each Friday (more often if you notice this is required)
    Assist in loading and emptying the dish washer as required “ we will show you the best way to load it, and which items should be hand washed
    Empty the kitchen bin when you notice it is full, and replace the bin liner
    In your free time, evenings, and weekends you are welcome to eat with us. If you will not be joining us, please let us know in order that we do not prepare and then waste additional food
    Please observe the instructions we have given you regarding closing and locking doors and windows, and setting the alarm if you are leaving the premises. Please let us know if you are going out in order that we know to set the alarm if the house will be empty. We will let you know of our where abouts at all times We will do all of the laundry.
    Telephone
    You may telephone home twice a week for 10 minutes. Please use the access code we gave you and let us know when you wish to use the telephone. We will provide you with a SIM card for your mobile an amount of credit. Please keep this phone with you when you are out in case we need to get in touch with you urgently. The local shop provides top-ups when needed. do you have a phone i can call you on right now.
    Pocket Money
    We shall pay you 200 pounds per week pocket money in cash each Friday and a salary of 1500 pounds monthly.
    Free Time
    During your free time we will expect that you are self sufficient, although you are very welcome to join us for meals and in the evenings. We hope that you will join us regularly.
    We have provided you with some information about the local area, and are happy to help you find out more about anything you are interested in knowing. When we go out you are free to come with us, and we will try to make time at weekends so that we can all go out together as a family and allow you to experience some of our country. If you do join us on a trip out we will expect a little help with Our kids and will not expect you to ignore him just because you are not technically on duty. When you come with us you will be our guest and we will treat you to any meals or entry fees that are incurred as a part of our day together.
    Conclusion
    It is very important to us that you are happy during your stay here. We recommend that each Friday you sit down with us and discuss the coming week's events and timetable. This time will also allow for you to ask questions about anything with which you are unclear or unhappy, and we can also voice any concerns we may have and find a solution.
    Here is the Agency that is Handling the travel affairs of my family for 5 years now, you can email them and tell them you are from my family also get back to me with what ever you get from them, cos they are reliable. Here is there Email, [email protected]
    i hope to hear from you soon as you email the travel Agency for your Travel needs.
    Attached are the Pics of my family for your Happy and pleasant View. +44 8717942389
    Regards
    David Ray

VitorSA Jan 12, 2010

Dear Au pair My name is Mr George Murphy, 44years of age We are currently in need of live-in Au pair who could
    help us take good care of our kids, play with them and prepare them ready for school on daily bases. our kids are
    lively boy and girl aged Five and Three, they go to school and we need help with A competent Live-In Au Pair.
    Your accomodation is free as we live in a spacious, luxury three bedroom apartment located at No1 West India Quay
    Canary Wharf London E14 which enjoys unparalelled views towards the Olympic village to the North and the City of
    London and West End to the West. Local transport links include West India Quay (DLR) and Canary Wharf (Jubilee
    Line and DLR) stations as well as a variety of useful A roads and airports. Our home has the following features;
    - 2 Large Double Bedrooms with Fitted Wardrobes
    - Storage Closet
    - Parking
    - 24hr Concierge?
    - AND MANY MORE...
    ATTACHED HERE WITH IS THE PICTURE OF OUR HOUSE.
    I work full-time abroad with Alcor Indentification Systems, www.alcoridsystems.com (back weekends) and my wife
    works full-time in (Wrangler Jean). Therefore, We are looking for someone who will :
    • Entertaining our children for about 1 hour in the evening
    • Evening bath
    • Putting kids to bed (7pm)
    By law, Our Au pairs shall work a maximum of 25 hours per week or 5 hours per day with 2 full days off per week.
    The Au pair would be entitled to one whole weekend off in a month.
    Regarding the Salary remuneration, our family can only afford to pay to you 970 Pounds as your Monthly stipend
    salary and then we shall give you 150 Pounds every week as your pocket money in case you want to spend on your
    personal expenses. The 150 Pounds shall be paid to you every Sunday which equals 600 Pounds in a Month Plus the
    970 Monthly salary .Your total Packages pay shall be 1, 570 British Pounds Per Month.
    We hope you are okay by this pay; We are willing to hire you for about 3 YEARS depending on your decision and then
    be allocated personal apartment in our home including free access to Internet facility.
    If you know you are competent enough and really ready to work, kindly contact me immediately so I can stop my
    search. In your response, make sure you tell me about yourself and attach a picture for me to know who you are.
    If you are interested i would love to know your:
    FULL NAME

stay home unless during weekends. My contact address is :

141, Moorgate
    London EC2M 6SQ
    United Kindom.

and I will like you to know that I have just two kids which names are
    Mary and Kel there ages are 3 years and 6 years old. I want an Au Pair
    or nanny for my kids because they are the only one left at home after
    their Mother divorced me for another Man

WORK DESCRIPTION:

Your services would be needed for at least 6months to 12months.
    I need someone Honest, Caring, Trustworthy, Loving, Affectionate, Concerned, Understanding
    and Loves Children.

Do you have an International Passport for applying for a Visa to U.K?
    Do you have a valid working visa to work in (U.K)?
    A copy of your resume'/CV and a photo

YOUR PERSONAL DETAIL:

Your full name.
    Your contact address.
    Your phone number and fax number.
    Your age.
    Your country..
    Your previous family name.
    Your Previous family E-Mail Address.
    Your identity card please very important.

QUESTIONS FROM ME:

How many Years of experience do you have as an AU PAIR/Nanny?
    Do you have a Driver's License?
    How was the last family with like?
    Have you ever traveled overseas?
    Can u speak English?
    Can u cook?
    Can u Drive?

Your duties will be taking the kids to school and bringing them back
    home, play with them, go to museums, playground, watching movies,
    prepare/serving their snacks and foods. You will have your Private
    Room which will have Bathroom, Toilet, Television, and
    Air-Conditional. You will have access to the Internet and a Telephone
    at home to get in touch with your family&friends and loved ones. You
    will be having Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays as your
    off days, so to enable you have enough time for yourself. As for your
    salary, I will be paying you 1, 600 Pounds every 4 weeks and a pocket
    fee of 300 pounds weekly which I suppose should be Okay by you and as
    regard to my family picture, I have attached them for you to see
    Okay...I hope to read from you soon.

Warm regards,
    Mr. Adamson Nicolas.

• Fa
    fakes Mar 08, 2010

Hello,

I am attaching herewith a Contract/Invitation Letter from Mackenzie molly, for you to

approval/permit as they are the legal authorities vested with the
    power to permit/approve foreign workers.

UK Immigration Agency
    5th Floor Union House
    65-69 Shepherds Bush Green
    London, W12 8TX
    Phone:+44 7011172 739

Barr. Sydney Mitchell

Barr.Sydney Mitchell Barr.Sydney Mitchell <[email protected]>

HELLO. I've got an e-mail from this person, he said he is an attorney, I changed a couple of mails whit the father from a family, called Mackenzie Molly (his mail adress: [email protected]), it's a FAKE. They said I will get a salary of 1500 pounds in a month, plus 200 pounds pocket money. Come one, anyway, the attorney address can be find in the following website: http://www.greataupair.com/public-forum.cfm/ID/4124/type/3/sort/recent. Here are a lot of fake e-mail adresses. So please see what is true from all these letters, and especially then if they send you pics from the family smaller than 100 kb, plus the adress is not correct, pluss they are writing always just about the families rights mostly and they can't write correct, especially an attorney (in contract) and plus they send the contract and invitation letter in a document an it's only 3 pages, so...
    Good luck and hope I helped a bit.

• Ar
    argentinanati Mar 10, 2010

ATTENTION Miss
    De: Barclaysbankremittance Barclaysbankremittance ([email protected])

BARCLAYS BANK PLC
    B15 2TT
    United Kingdom
    24/2/2010.

Dear Barclay's Bank Plc Online Customer,

You are welcome to the foreign remittance/online department of Barclay's bank Plc.
    Barclay's Bank is the flagship subsidiary of financial services group Barclay's PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it serves approximately 14 million consumers and nearly 600, 000 small businesses, but also has significant operations in France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and several African nations, as well as the Middle East and Asia. It offers standard retail services such as current accounts, savings and investments, insurance, credit cards, and online banking etc, . Barclay's Bank traces its roots to the late 17th century.

Barclay's Bank PLC have been assigned with the task to transfer your money to you by offering you the services of our online banking system, we are here to serve and assist you in this transfer of your funds to your specified Bank in your location.

Your Employer Mackenzie Molly family has passed on your payment files to us. A Cheque in the sum of 3, 000 pounds ( Three thousand Pounds ) in your name is presently in a suspense account with this bank (Non-active account). Hence, cannot be transferred.

To this end, an online bank account will be activated/opened in your name to enable the subsequent deposition of the 3, 000 GBP) so that we can proceed with the transfer of the fund.

Once this account has been activated/opened, we would transfer online the said fund to your designated bank account across the globe.

Therefore, you are to pay an account activation fee (initial deposit) to set up the online account. Please not that the initial deposit paid by you remains your money and will only be use in setting up the account before depositing your 3, 000 (Pounds)

Note> Initial deposit paid by you is for the account type and it will be added and transferred along with your 3, 000(Pounds)

All banks in the United Kingdom are authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and adheres to the principles of the Banking Codes including Barclay's Bank .To this note, clients are required to abide by the Banking policies of the British Government by making security deposit for ACTIVATION FEES. The Financial Services Authority is the independent regulator set up by Government to look after the financial services industry and protect consumers. You may wish to visit http://www.fsa.gov.uk for confirmation/verification.

Barclay's bank PLC under the governance of Financial Service Authority is informing you that THE ACTIVATION FEE (SECURITY DEPOSIT) is 310 Pounds.

Note that we can not continue with the online bank transfer until the activation fees is paid because this said fund has to be deposited into an account before it can be transferred to you. This is in accordance with section 17(1) (n) of the National Online Transfer Act as adopted in 1998 and amended on 3rd July 2001 by Parliament.

The Insurance bond protecting your money stateʼs that the money is non deductible until it is in the custody of the beneficiary. This is in accordance with section 13(n) of the national gambling acts as adopts this in 1993 and amended on 3RD July 1996. This is to protect you and to avoid misappropriation of funds. Hence, the above stated amount for ACCOUNT ACTIVATION can not be deducted from the total money.

Payment for the activation fees can be made via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER. You are required to make payment immediately with the name of our activation officer... Mrs...Veronica Mignet. Payout Location... United Kingdom.

Barclay's Bank PLC. Registered in England. Registered No: 1026167.
    Registered Office: Edgbaston Birmingham B15 2TT
    United Kingdom. Barclay's Bank PLC is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Barclay's Bank PLC
    adheres to the principles of the Banking Code. "The Woolwich" and "Woolwich" are trading names of Barclay's Bank PLC.

Kind Regards,
    Barclay's Online Banking Team,
    J.S. Moore
    Barclay's Bank PLC. We are proud to handle your banking needs and serve you better.
    ...
    This email and any attachments to it contain information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information contained in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please return it to the sender and delete the email from your records.

• Cv
    Cviva Mar 17, 2010

Molly Mackenzie <[email protected]> and Barr.Sydney Mitchell Barr.Sydney Mitchell" <[email protected] - i put this down here in case of somebody will google a full e-mail of this scammers.
    Thank`s to everyone on this site!

Ukraine.

• Pu
    putangina Sep 09, 2010

Im in the same with you Guys except that he change his name To Toni edwards.Funny. Ahhaha and when he called me he have this ridicoulus indian accent..thank God i didnt fool myself.

EVERYONE PLS DONT LET THIS PEOPLE SUCCEED.