UBI Payment Servicesmail fraud

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

I received a letter TODAY, June 1, 2009, from UBI Payment Services, PO Box 4805, Robina Town Centre QLD 4230, AUSTRALIA.

The letter states: Guaranteed Delivery Statement, Approved by Accounting Department, Statement Value of $5, 000.00 Check. "This is a very important statement. You are guaranteed to receive $5, 000.000 if you return the release form as instructed and fulfill the contest requirements. The Accounting Department has retained the services of a reputable courier to deliver the check for $5, 000.00. This is a contest with additional tiebreakers to determine the winner. This contest of skill is not a lottery, game of chance or gambling. Please do not delay in responding. There is no purchase, payment or contribution necesary to enter or win. This document is to serve as your official certification that you are a rightful owner of the $5, 000.00 Payment Number UBI5. This is an official document confirming your status regarding the guaranteed payment whose distribution is now pending. Respectfully, Joe Ryan, Accounting Department."

At the bottom of the is a tear-off "Release Form". There is a simplistic "Puzzle" question and 2 boxes to check: 1. I wish to claim the $5, 000.00 check and 2. I, confirm and authorize you to deliver the $5, 000.00 check at my address. Please sign below to accept official contest rules listed over. There are official rules on the back, HOWEVER, they are written in an opaque ink that is illegible. This letter is requesting YOUR SIGNATURE. By signing, you are allowing your legal signature to be used in fraudulant manners of which you will not be aware!

Although the letter uses strong language such as "guaranteed", it is a Bona-Fide SCAM! DO NOT SIGN.

I am putting this complaint on this website for publication with hopes that someone reading it has the legal power to prosecute this company for sending out such lies, and using the postal system as its vehicle to do so! I am also turning this media into our local Post Master. I am hopeful to stop this type of misrepresentation from filtering into the household of an innocent, who does not have internet access and is a trusting soul! This type of media is cruel during this economy and promises superficial hope, where none exists.

• Ai
    Aida D. Oct 24, 2012

I just received one of these letter too and I am from PA. I wonder if the states of PA would do anything to these people. The sad part of these is that this is not the only letter that I have had received, I have received numerous of these letters one of them saying that I had won 1, 000, 000.00 which I tough it was too good to be true. What do I need to do for those people to stop sending me those kind of letters.

• Dd
    ddd213 Jun 14, 2011

yes i almost sent it out been fighting for my disiblity something wrong here people like joe ryan should not
    be messing with peoples head s whats wrong with him well that i am talking about the whole world anymore the world is going crazy anymore

• Da
    Daynason Jun 07, 2011

You would think that after a couple of years that surely someone would have done something about this. But . . . I got my letter in the mail last week ! ! ! ! I want to thank all of you for posting your comments - Now I know what to do with my letter

• De
    debbydh50 Mar 09, 2011

Girlfriend i'm also glad that my son bought me a pc for my birthday . Because it keeps me well informed and on the lookout for desperate evil scammers like these idiots are. I pray that you guys or girls get caught. You should be ashamed of yourselves trying to beat people out of their hard earned money. kissoff signed Debbie/peace

• El
    Elizabeth v Jan 14, 2011

I just recevied one of these letters from UBI with a return address of Joe Ryan POB 4805 Robina Town Ctr Qld Australia 4230. And thank god i looked this up because i was going to send it but thanks to this web site now im not now i know it was fake or maybe even fraud.

• De
    devasia85 Oct 15, 2010

i just got the same letter in the mail and came to find out it was straight b.s.and i thank myself for not sending in the letter to them before i did my little research.

michael d varney Oct 14, 2010

i wish then wound go to hell.

michael d varney Oct 14, 2010

pleaes help. i an on disabilicy waiting for my ssi.

please help.

michael d varney Oct 14, 2010

i think they shoud go to jail for life...people who needs money dream of this get very hurt like me .please help. mv bowing green, ky 42101 detour rd

• La
    Larryrl May 19, 2010

My Mom sent them 5.00 cash. We will see what happens when.

• Ro
    rock master May 10, 2010

do you know they sent it to my 12 year old child like wow trying to scam a little girl how low could they go ?:( how do they live with themselves i told her to look it up before she sends a buck and im glad i did:):):):):):)

... I love Pie... I am spending my dollar on a apple pie i could use one :)

• Ro
    rock master May 10, 2010

i completly agree

• Jt
    jtdamhernandez May 10, 2010

I recieved a piece of mail from them saying that I have won $5000 but it is not real.

• Fa
    FaT Air Apr 07, 2010

It appears that the authorities are powerless to go after the ### that produce this [censored]. First the Nigerian letters, now these, which appear to be originating in China. But then again, they could have been bulk forwarded there. I bet that box in Australia is just a forwarding address. I guess the Postal authorities have no international mutual cooperation agreements concerning mail fraud.

• Pl
    PLH Apr 02, 2010

I think this scam should be checked out by the proper athorities and something be done with the people who is pulling this scam. Remember you can't beleive everything you read!!!

• Dr
    DRAMA QUEEN Mar 30, 2010

I AGREE YALL.. CUZ I HAVE A LETTER AND I BELIVED IT LIE TOO THATS WHY I THROW IT AWAY AND THEY CANT HAVE IT ANYWAY.. THATS DAMN CROOK MONEY/... THEY SHOULD GO TO JAIL 4 THAT... THEY CANT FOOL WITH ME!!!

cosmo_red_dragon Mar 27, 2010

anybody actually get a check from these guys

cosmo_red_dragon Mar 27, 2010

has any body received a check from ubi

• Yv
    yvanne66 Mar 06, 2010

I ust received their check in the mail. It was dated Feb. 1oth. on the postal stamp. Today is March 6th!!! It came from Taipei and the return envelope is supposed to go to Australia! I am also glad to have a PC so I can check out companies immediately when I receive something in the mail. I am ripping this up and throw it in the trash!

The letter looks very official. I won't sign anything either. This is a no-brainer! WOW! They are really betting on people needing money bad!

In order to protect oneself it is really important to always research and to get informed. Thank you for sharing this information on the internet with all of us.

Y.

• Yv
    yvanne66 Mar 06, 2010

I just received their check in the mail. It was dated Feb. 1oth. on the postal stamp. Today is March 6th!!! It came from Taipei and the return envelope is supposed to go to Australia! I am also glad to have a PC so I can check out companies immediately when I receive something in the mail. I am ripping this up and throw it in the trash!

Y.

• Lo
    lois curle Mar 04, 2010

I received a letter asking for my signature and comply with the 'requirements".and they would send me a check for 5, 000 .

• Wi
    william harmon Feb 28, 2010

I just recieved this letter today and I believe that this is a fraud and that this will only mess our economy up even more. Also especially to those that have families and children and that have been laid off the job. i believe that the government needs to do something about this and penalize the places for this that are frauding americans and other countries around the world for this obvious scam

• Wi
    william harmon Feb 28, 2010

I believe that the goverment needs to do something about this. Because the way the economy is that this is all bad. These people need to realize that some of the people they are sending it to have families and have been laid off their jobs do to the economy. I truly believe all this is a scam and the government needs to do something about this. Cause if not the economy will be worse do to these scams

• Cy
    [email protected] Feb 19, 2010

To: lillady
    "...how they even got my name and mailing address."
    This is very simple: 1) U have submitted some form online, 2) your comp had (or have) fishing virus, 3) your privet info was sold to some third party by some trusted company such as magazine store (mostly from them), if you bought from eBay sellers... so develop it by your self...

• Gp
    GPH Feb 10, 2010

RUN RUN FAST This is a scam big time. Do you really think that just out of the blue you are going to win ?? You will lose even BIGGER. I do not know how I got on these mailers list. In just one month i've got about five different letters if I had sent each one the twenty dollars fee I would be out ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. That don't sound or feel like a Win to me.

• Sf
    sfclerk Dec 02, 2009

The manual operation in San Francisco P&DC (1300 Evans Street, S.F., Ca. 94188) is processing these letters which comes in a small plastic sleeve. This is a ongoing year-round scam and the cost to process the millions of pieces is enormous to USPS. Send your complaint along with the original letter to:
    International (Mail) Services Center Manager
    2650 Bayshore Blvd.
    Daly City, Ca. 94013

• Bi
    Bill Mud Dec 01, 2009

My Aunt in Prescott Arizona just recevied one of these letters from UBI with a return address of Joe Ryan POB 4805 Robina Town Ctr Qld Australia 4230. However the post mark was Singapore. I advised her to forwared the letter to the Arizona State Attorney General

• Ga
    Gatorway Nov 22, 2009

WHY DO YOU MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT TO GET A WRITTEN COMPLAINT
    LODGED????????????????????????
    By the time I have stumbled through your "registration" process, with the
    "pass word" requirements, etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum, I've forgotten what
    my complaint was!!!

• Ga
    Gatorway Nov 22, 2009

I'm receiving dozens of these "things" every week, so much so that I 've taken to automatically "deleting" EVERYTHING coming in from Nigeria. The only way to protect yourself from getting this "business" is to do the same thing. It is a total waste of time to try to report these attempts to extort to either the Postal Inspectors, (for Mail Fraud), or the FBI, (for eMail scam). All you will get from the FBI is "we get so many thousand of those every day", (if you are "lucky" enough to get that!!!). Thank God for this Site on the Internet. Now I check this site BEFORE I respond IN ANY MANNER to anything that comes in over the Internet.

• Mo
    MOMMASBOY8 Nov 21, 2009

NOV, 20, 2009 I WAS RECENTLY CAUGHT UP IN THE IDEA OF REPLYING TO THIS MESS...I ASK MY DAD ABOUT IT AND HE WAS UNSURE...SO I IMMEDIATELY LOOKED IT UP THE NET!! LMAO... A SCAM!!!...THE THOUGHT OF IT ...DID I MENTION IM ONLY 19YR OLD SO TO THINK THE WOULD TRY A CHILD IF HE COULD...ALL THE SIGNS WERE THERE. WHOM EVER MISSED SPELLED MY NAME, NO NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I NEVER HEARD OF A SINGAPORE???????WHAT A CRAZY WORLD...PLEASE BEWARE!!!

• Li
    lisa ard Nov 04, 2009

i also received this unbelievably stupid letter saying i won $5, 000 if I could answer a question a 5 year old could answer, which was 20 +5=25 21 23, circle the right answer, sign and return in envelope provided. I am not stupid and I am mad about this!!! These people need to be caught and put behind bars!!! I also got another letter from a different fraud company just last week. This one said I was guaranteed to win $5, 000, 000 if I sent them a check for $10.00 to ensure prompt payment of my check. I am so sick of these mail order scams. I enter alot of sweepstakes, and I happen to know, you can't just win a prize unless you actually enter the contest or sweepstakes, and anybody who asks you to have to pay for a prize, is not la gite!!

• Lo
    lori sumner Oct 20, 2009

Received a letter to answer the 1st grade "puzzle" sign and send back and i would receive 5000.00 dollars. That right there told me it was a scam

• Gr
    grandma047 Oct 17, 2009

i got a letter also today i think im going to do what this other person did n put toilet paper in it n tell them to wipe there a double ss with it n come clean, stay the F out of our county...

• Em
    emma sims Sep 29, 2009

you ###ing ### if i find out who you you are i will have you arrested and buried at the same time

Connie Humphrey Sep 24, 2009

This is a FRAUD! Do NOT respond. I have my letter promising me $5000 in my hand right now. Thankfully I had enough sense to try to locate them on the Web for information and found these wonderful warnings from others who have been thoughtful enough to leave feedback. Must agree with the idea of how did they get my information and pick on me? And thank you for the warning that this is their way of getting banking information for future use.

I've been receiving several mailings that I'm entered in "sweepstakes" I never entered. My name and address has become public knowledge somehow and I'm made to look gulible.

If this were a contest of skill, surely they would make it much more difficult. This is a no brainer!

I know a family that received their $5000 from this company or one like it and deposited the check. Two weeks later the check bounced and left them devestated and in deep debt as they had been writing checks on it.

Connie H. Mesa, AZ

• Dr
    Dr. Joebaby Sep 19, 2009

I have to thank my Son for getting me a P>C> Now I can check up on all the scams being sent out. This last one from UBI was hilarious. Nuff said.

• Tr
    trivera Sep 02, 2009

My question is how do these people even get our name and address? That right there I think is to much. I feel so sorry for those elderly people who don't understand whats going on and don't have internet This is sick something should be done about this quick

• Da
    darlene mcnulty Aug 28, 2009

i have recieved the very same letter and i live on a very fixed income struggling daily to survive.and the letter really made my day. now it is a fraud? how can i get my $10 back and remove my name from their list.thankyou sadie1 in cleveland.

• Ci
    citygirl35 Aug 27, 2009

I recieved one yesterday. I have a great need for me and my kids so to get a letter like this that is not true really hurts. They dont understand that they are doing really bad in the eyes of God. Or shall I say that they just dont care. I believe that when some real help comes our way from God we will knw right away and it wont look stupid like this.