UBI Payment Servicesmail fraud

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

I received a letter TODAY, June 1, 2009, from UBI Payment Services, PO Box 4805, Robina Town Centre QLD 4230, AUSTRALIA.

The letter states: Guaranteed Delivery Statement, Approved by Accounting Department, Statement Value of $5, 000.00 Check. "This is a very important statement. You are guaranteed to receive $5, 000.000 if you return the release form as instructed and fulfill the contest requirements. The Accounting Department has retained the services of a reputable courier to deliver the check for $5, 000.00. This is a contest with additional tiebreakers to determine the winner. This contest of skill is not a lottery, game of chance or gambling. Please do not delay in responding. There is no purchase, payment or contribution necesary to enter or win. This document is to serve as your official certification that you are a rightful owner of the $5, 000.00 Payment Number UBI5. This is an official document confirming your status regarding the guaranteed payment whose distribution is now pending. Respectfully, Joe Ryan, Accounting Department."

At the bottom of the is a tear-off "Release Form". There is a simplistic "Puzzle" question and 2 boxes to check: 1. I wish to claim the $5, 000.00 check and 2. I, confirm and authorize you to deliver the $5, 000.00 check at my address. Please sign below to accept official contest rules listed over. There are official rules on the back, HOWEVER, they are written in an opaque ink that is illegible. This letter is requesting YOUR SIGNATURE. By signing, you are allowing your legal signature to be used in fraudulant manners of which you will not be aware!

Although the letter uses strong language such as "guaranteed", it is a Bona-Fide SCAM! DO NOT SIGN.

I am putting this complaint on this website for publication with hopes that someone reading it has the legal power to prosecute this company for sending out such lies, and using the postal system as its vehicle to do so! I am also turning this media into our local Post Master. I am hopeful to stop this type of misrepresentation from filtering into the household of an innocent, who does not have internet access and is a trusting soul! This type of media is cruel during this economy and promises superficial hope, where none exists.

• Fr
    Frank Nov 17, 2008

I have not receive my money from the UBI Payment services. How can I retrieve my pay

• C
    C. Nov 17, 2008

I really hope you didn't sign the UBI from and send it back. This is a scam!! I received a UBI letter. No way are they getting my signature. I will be sending my letter to the feds so they can investigate.

Mike Nov 19, 2008

Fraudulent Email

• Mo
    modesta Nov 28, 2008

i send it back by mistake wht i do now

• St
    star Dec 08, 2008

I recieved a letter saying if I circled the correct answer 20+5 =25 21 23 and then checked one of the boxes which one said, I wish to claim the 5, 000.oo check.and the second one said, I (my name), confirm and authorize you to deliver the $5, 000.00 check at (my address) after I check one it said, Please sign below to accept official contest rules listed over.I'm wanting to see if this is mail fraud or what!

• Na
    nanette davis Dec 08, 2008

why is this kind of mail allowed to be scent out all the time

• Jr
    JReece Dec 10, 2008

I received this letter yesterday, I almost fell for it. Something told me to check the company out if it was la gite, that's how I found this site. The Federal Government needs to do something about this. Well at least the US Postal Service needs to find a software that they can use to find out if a piece of mail is from a la gite company.

• Hu
    huttiehutt Dec 10, 2008

I understand this is probably a scam, for one how easy the stupid question is, but they are not asking to provide any personal information. Does anybody have any information on this, like someone who sent the letter back?

• Pa
    Pamela Habersham Dec 12, 2008

I really would like to know what the scam is. Why are they asking for signatures. I DONT GET IT

• Ki
    kim micks Dec 23, 2008

i recieved a letter asking to complete the 20 +5 puzzle ! come on i have never made 5000 dollars that easy all I can think is scam. If you were a company having a contest to win 5 grand wouldn't you come up with a harder puzzle

michael clare Dec 26, 2008

i received this ubi letter. ...after some other letters, ...makes me wonder how they
    compile their lists . One complainer says second answer tells you send $10
    ...another complainer says the company is outside America.
    So it must be a scam to get your Ten Dollars!...as the other complainer says, you will
    never get that ten dollars yourself with a company outside the US come on they're not
    even in your own country ...ten dollars which you must have wanted to keep.

• Wo
    wow Dec 30, 2008

Totally happened to me!

• Gr
    grantje Jan 05, 2009

I got the exact same letter. circle the correct answer 20+5= 25, 21, 23 and then put a checkmark in I wish to claim the check and put a checkmark in I authorize you to give me the check and then my signature. I didn't give them any money or anything so I am going to send it and see if it's real.I will definitely let everyone know!

• Me
    ME0000 Jan 29, 2009

I received this letter today, I also thought why such an easy puzzle. All they wanted was a signature but my question is what are they going to do with my signature. I decided to Google the company to see if it was a scam. I glad I did, I see so many people has received the same letter but never no check.

• Lm
    lmd Jan 30, 2009

I too received a letter offering me $5K - I was told I was the sole recipient! Not giving my signature. Is this linked to magazine sales? Thats all I have bought thru the mail lately. 'International Award Advisors' also told me I have won 2 million if I send them $20.

• Da
    Dara Jan 31, 2009

I got the same letter however, it wasn't to send ten dollars.. no money to send. My observation leads me to believe that they would like your official signature to do idenity theft. Beware.

• Na
    NAte Jan 31, 2009

They are really stupid! the envelope they provided requires you to fold the form two times to fit in. What a bum...

CHH Feb 11, 2009

MY QUESTION IS THIS, WHY IS THE UNITED STATES POST OFFICE LETTING THIS JUNK INTO OUR COUNTRY FROM SINGAPORE. THIS SCAM HAS GONE TO FAR. AND HOW DO THEY GET GET OUR ADDRESSES? I PLAN ON WRITING OUR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS TO ASK THESE QUESTIONS. I HAVE NO INTENTIONS ON GIVING ANYONE ANY MONEY AT THIS TIME IN OUR ECONOMY. OR ANY OTHER TIME, BUT ANYONE CAN READ AND SEE THIS IS FRAUD!!! I DO WORRY ABOUT OUR SENIORS BECAUSE OF THE HARD TIMES NOW.. BUT I WANT TO SAY THAT ANYONE RECIEVING THIS JUNK MAIL JUST BEWARE!!! AND THROW OUT THIS RIDICULOUS MAIL YOU RECIEVE...WHO KNOW WHO YOU BE HELPING INTO OUR COUNTRY!

• Ju
    judy Feb 12, 2009

I just got a letter in the mail for UBI Payment services. It says that i won $5, 000.00 and i am not doing nothing with it. I just want people to know it is a scam. They can email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Pr
    Prent Feb 20, 2009

To whom it may concern:
    My thought behind this, remember some time ago the phone calls people were getting wanting to open accounts in the US which they could not get to work too easy so they decided to try this. Sending this simple letter for your signature so you can win $5000. No doubt they would send the check which would probably be bogus. But when you deposit it into your bank they will have your bank information and in turn be able to rob you. This is my thought because nobody but nobody gives money away.

• Dj
    djfaulk Feb 21, 2009

I recieved the same letter saying I am guaranteed to receive 5, 000, 00 no money exchange by me so if they do not want money
    Are they like soliciting these Signatures Of course they're asking for My signature here. While My name is already on the enclosed form they send me.
    All it asks me to do is circle 20=5= 30 not 21 not 23 my
    ID Is said to be USMEX063 Q470620766
    The payment number: UBI5 Joe Ryan accounting Department.
    Well there are no legal rules or
    legal statenments
    or rights of the winner or even taxes.
    So can't Mr Ryan or whom obligee? on this form be responsible for
    The obligations or such consequences for false or lies if found to be hoax. Are there pending actions or people get away doing these to people? We'd like to know what our rights are? what we can do about possible SCAM guaranteeed moneys? please email us:
    [protected]@yahoo.com
    Deb Jerry Faulk

• Er
    erinia Feb 23, 2009

how do you mail it back in without an address.i dont have an address to the company

• Ho
    Hope D.Smith Feb 25, 2009

I signed it, now I am terrified! I have read all the bloggs about this so-called company and no one has received a check. so what now? I signed it, what happens now! I didn't give any bank info or pictures that are on my passport etc. I am really concerned now!

• St
    Steve Johnson Feb 25, 2009

I just want to add my 2 cents about this scam that has been delievered to my mailbox. ubi is nothing but a fraud & would like to see complaints board file charges against them for mail fraud, ect. some one who is in dire need of help in these times may fall victim to rhis scam.

Beware all: ubi is a scam/fraud!!!

• Dj
    djdebolt Mar 03, 2009

I received the exact same letter with the promise of check fro $5, 000 and immediately knew it was a hoax. the firm being based in australia probably makes it extremely difficult for the fed's to do anything about it.???

• Li
    lillady Mar 04, 2009

They sent me a contest/letter stating I had won $5000 and to send in a copy of some ID. I am very concerned as to how they even got my name and mailing address.

• Ve
    Veronica Mar 05, 2009

I also received a letter from them in Jan., saying I won 5, 000.
    The letter head and letter itself looks like it has been run through a copy machine. My puzzle question at the bottom was 20+5=. I gave the letter to my 6 year old to play school with. She answered it corrctly. Does she win 5, 000 too? What a joke...

mike brooklyn Mar 11, 2009

what the hell is going on here? people from third world conutry trying to scam us ...the US government need to do someting about this matter.

mike brooklyn Mar 11, 2009

the postal office should able to trace the scam... third word country trying to scam up

• Hk
    HKD Mar 18, 2009

How can anybody be so 'STUPID' as to respond to something so clearly a SCAM?

• Ti
    tiffany Mar 20, 2009

I have recieved a letter too, Its all JUNK MAIL!!!

• De
    DEBRA C. Mar 22, 2009

I too recieved this same letter. you do not ave to be stupid to answer it. it is very convincing and authentic looking. these scam artists are gettig better and better at what they do. just be careful of what you get in the mail. if it is too good to be true, it probbely is.

MIDIE Mar 25, 2009

I recieved a letter today but I knew something was wrong because I know that I didn't do anything to get a 5000 check; so I came on the internet and typed in the name on the envelope and this website came up I knew it was something though. ya'll can't fool me!!!

• La
    lakegirl Apr 07, 2009

How do you think you're being scamed? my letter doesn't ask for any money or personal info. just sign it and send it back in. martin r.

• Ce
    ceecee Apr 17, 2009

I must have been a fool for about 20 minutes until I search the web and found out that this is all bull sh.. I really do think that the feds should trace these people downd and make them pay all the money they was to pay to winners that will fixed them

• Suzanne Apr 18, 2009

hehehheh...I had filled out the form and signed it, but had not mailed it. I wanted to look it up first lol. Good thing I did! whew! That was close!

• Nd
    ndrenfro Apr 22, 2009

I just recieved the same mailing! I did the search on the web too and found it on BBB and found out that their is writing on the back of the letter! It is so light gray that I didn't even notice! It says that the winner of the $5, 000 which will be announced Dec. 30, 2010, will be required to send a copy of their passport or identification to the sponsor to confirm age and identity...can you say suspicious?!?! According to the BBB it is a scam and the BBB said one person did recieve a check and then was asked to send $3500 back to enter in to recieve $50, 000. So they did and never recieved anything else plus he didn't wait for the check to clear and the $5000 one was fake! So he paid $3500 of his own money! Here is the link to the BBB site http://www.bbb.org/centralohio/business-reviews/advance-fee-brokers/ubi-payment-services-in-columbus-oh-70051328

• Jb
    jbitt Apr 24, 2009

My Elderly grate aunt received this letter also.I, m glad she checked with me first, this letters bogus, and it just shows how vulnerable our countries become.The sad part is it, s more or less harrasment that we have to deal with.

• Mo
    monique Apr 25, 2009

I recieve the same letter today now all i want to no is what the is this miss talk about a puzzle that looks like a scam

• Ad
    adamant Apr 28, 2009

i just recived this this letter u got to take a skill quiz for a tie breaker the skill quiz is 20+5 mutiple choice answers was 25, 21, 23 um duh 25 contest rules on back so faint u cant read it how stupid they think we are i mail mine back without the form put some tolite paper in it told them u need this to whipe ur ### with WHY CANT PPL GET A REAL JOB AND STOP TAKING MONEY FROM HARD WORKING PPL