UBER Technologies:overcharge a tourist:

Se Sep 28, 2019

FYI, I mr.mohamed a senior citizen of Canada came to Visit my mother(senior citizen) of USA after 4 years, I flew to tampa and ftayed at the ramada hotel 1200 north west shore blvd. tampa florida for 4 days, I I landed in tampa airport on Monday 16th. September 2019, i took the Ramada Shuttle to the Hotel. On the 17 t. Sept.19 i order the Uber tech: on the internet to pick up my self and wife to see my Mother at 5237 1ST. AVE North st.Peter'sburg Florida, i was told by the driver Matthew $30.00 us dollars to go to the above address. so i order about 4:30 Pm to return to hotel Ramada, In total i Made 4 trips On Tuesday @ trips and on Thursday 19th. 2 last trips. When i return to Canada and i check my online banking i saw On My Master Card Extra charges like tips$7.61 us dollars i did not give any tips according to the Receipt i receive from UBER TECH: it should read as follows $30.79 us dollars second $30.44 us dollars third 34.02 us dollars and Thursday Sept 2019 Should be, My last Trip at about 5:00 PM Leaving St.Peter'sburg to 1200 North West shore blvd Ramada hotel that trip was $ 34.47 this is the letter sent to me from UBER TECH:

UBER TRIP [protected] CA 7.61 USD @ 1.[protected] $10.38(TiPS)
Sep 17, 2019 UBER TRIP [protected] CA 34.02 USD @ 1.[protected] $46.31

This is the invoice that does not correspond with the receipt i received from Uber Tech:Sep 19, 2019 UBER * PENDING SAN FRANCISCO CA

Foreign Currency $40.36

BER TRIP [protected] CA 7.61 USD @ 1.[protected] $10.38
Sep 17, 2019 UBER TRIP [protected] CA 34.02 USD @ 1.[protected] $46.37
THESE ARE ALL THE CHARGES, I only had 4 rides from 1200 Royal Orchids(RAMADA Hotel) TAMPA to 5237... 1St. AVE NORTH St. Petersburg FL ...to Go and RETURN.. that's all, kindly refund asap on Master Card 6 Digits...541590 and 4 last digits 1965 Master Card expired on 03/23. I hope that you resolve this case as soon as possible. REFUND NOW..THANK YOU...M. MOHAMED

From: Uber Support
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2019 5:09:24 PM
To: [protected]@hotmail.com
Subject: I was charged more than once for this trip

/// Please enter your reply above this line. Replies below this line will not be received.

| Support

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

I was charged more than once for this trip
Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 8:41:12 PM · UberX
Happy to explain this charge, Mohamed.

I've confirmed that a tip of $7.61 was added to your trip on September 19th, 2019 11:42am EDT . When a trip is completed, a receipt for the final fare is sent. If you choose to add a tip, a new receipt with the updated total (including the tip) will be sent.

I can confirm you were not charged twice for this trip. Please keep in mind that when looking at your payment method statement, the tip will be processed as a separate transaction from the fare charge transaction.

Moreover, we have not been able to locate the other charges in our system with the information provided.

So that we can investigate further, please provide us with a photo of the charge as it appears within your bank statement.

We'll be happy to help from there.
Sent by Syed Y. on Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 9:09:23 PM
This is the Invoice Received from UBER TECH. Kindly see how we can resolved this case is not Fair to me and wife to be Scam by UBER TECH.I do have all documents to support my case if you need any Proof kindly email me, asap. M.Mohamed Hassan.or you can call me [protected] my cell phone during work hours, From 8:00 Am to 5:00PM Estern Time CANADA..Thank you..

Get help

| Support

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

I was charged more than once for this trip
Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 8:41:12 PM · UberX
Happy to explain this charge, Mohamed.

We'll be happy to help from there.
Sent by Syed Y. on Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 9:09:23 PM

Continue this conversation by replying to this email or going to help in your Uber app.

Get help