TWXFraudulent Credit Card Charges

C

I received a mailing as a "Harbor Frieght customer." As a gift/reward I was invited to use so many points towards gifts and magazines. I selected a variety of items listed up to my point amount. Nothing was said about any charge and a credit card was not requested. I received the gifts, which turned out to be dollar store type items and the magazines started coming. I then noticed charges for these items on my credit card. This was amazing since I authorized no charges. I assume Harbor Freight must have provided my CC number. This is a scam operation and everyone getting this mailing for a Harbor Frieght rewards redemption should toss it.

• Ri
    Rita Q. Mehio May 09, 2008

I have ben charge on my Debit for 13.95 each month and don't know what theses charges are. I do not subscribe to 0408 TWX*AOL. Ned fed back at [protected]@prodigy.net.
    Thank You.

• De
    Debbie Nov 08, 2008

I am sick and tired of TWX Magazine using my credit card to purchase magazines that I did not purchase or authorize. I want it to stop...I want to know How they get permission to do this. Someone at TWX Magazines had better STOP This SCAM. I want a refund for all the magazines that was charged to my card and if I see anymore on my bill as of November 10th, I will take it to a Lawyer.

• Ed
    EDWARD JASCHKE Jun 28, 2009

UNAUTHORIZED MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS

• Th
    thevic20 Nov 15, 2009

I was just charged as well, $197!!! I will call tomorrow to see if they will give me money back or not.

• Ta
    tan0042 Nov 16, 2009

I was charged 192 dollars on my credit card without my permission.

• Mu
    musicthriller Dec 26, 2009

I have also been charged without knowing!!! I never even heard of this company, and the next thing I know, my credit card statement listed this transaction- completely false!!! And the credit card company had the nerve to say that this is a legitimate company. SO ANGRY

• La
    LaJRocha Jan 11, 2010

Great! Now I get sucked into the scam as well. I took over paying for my mother's cable with Time Warner in El Paso, TX. I received the same "you've earned a voucher for 198.00" please selecte from the following free gifts...On 1/7/10 I see the charge of 185.82 to my American Express and I did not give them my cc info for them to charge nor do I know how they got it as I don't have a cc on file with Time Warner.

I contacted AMEXX and disputed the charge and let them know TWX is on the SCAM ALERT. If anyone can tell me which BBB to file a complaint I will, , , as well as the National Consumer Affairs Division here in Washington, DC.

Please contact me and let me know which BBB to file if you have taken this route..
    [protected]@comcast.net

• Na
    nanogab Feb 23, 2010

I am being billed for magazines I did not order.

• Gr
    grconrad Jul 09, 2010

Same thing happened to me:

I would also like to know which BBB is the appropriate one to complain to. Based on the number of similar complaints a simple Google search has turned up, I think there could be grounds for a class-action lawsuit. It is purely deceptive marketing designed to prey on people who aren't aware of the scam. It's a monumental waste of time and anyone who receives the items then has to pay out-of-pocket to ship the items back.

Businesses that do this kind of crap need to be held liable for their actions. It is simply unethical.

• Vi
    village21 Jul 27, 2010

Total rip off. I got the voucher too and read it twice. It eludes to being free items with the voucher if you renew your subscription. I called and was informed that the items were discounted and you were able to order up to the amount of the voucher.

The crap I ordered sure wasn't worth $93.95 but for free it was worth it. Well free it was not. I was informed I could send the items back just pay shipping and handling with the return information in the boxes. Yeah right, I threw that away.

Tricky, tricky, tricky rip off.

Where can this scam be reported?

• Pa
    Paulette123 Sep 06, 2012

checking my statement, I found 2 charges for magazines that I had not ordered. What can I do??

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices