TWX Entertainments 800-828-6882 NYUnauthorized Withdrawal

I just received a letter from my bank notifying me that I had an overdraft charge of $31 and needed to bring my account to a positive balance. I was VERY confused as I am not using this account and was planning to close it this week. When I got online and looked, there is a $20 charge (when there was only $4.52 in my account) from TWX Entertainment. I have NO IDEA what this is from and plan to dispute these charges immediately. Has anyone gotten anywhere with this? If you have any suggestions that may help me fight this with my bank and the company can you please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com? Thanks!

• Th
    thewraithiscoming May 14, 2009

I got one of these as well. Apparently it is for a subscription to Entertainment Weekly magazine (of which I am not a subscriber.)

joyceee Aug 09, 2009

This same thing just happened to me.. It looks like there should be a bank permission form to fill out before these scam artist can take our money.
    I don't know how we can stop this or even if we will ever see our money that was stolen.

keep in touch, with me let me know if you get your money back, i will do the same

[protected]@ec.rr.com

just give back the money you know you should have not taken2

should give money back

• Sh
    shelly49 Sep 04, 2011

This just happened to me too! I got 6 free issues of EW & People when I bought something at Best Buy. I knew it was probably a bad idea, but said ok. I cancelled after the 6 issues. Shortly after, I was charged almost $57.00 for the 2 magazine subscriptions that I JUST CANCELLED. They reversed the charges so that was ok. Another few weeks go by, and suddenly I have $74.00 in overdraft fees on my checking account that has NEVER been overdrawn before. They took $24.98 out of my account again. I called and it was for EW. I was LIVID. I told them I got $74 in OD fees and what did they do? They refunded me $35.00 which doesn't even cover ONE charge. Now I have to get proof of the charges and fax it to them. NEVER again will I accept "free" subscriptions!