TVDVDStore.netHigh Chaparral DVD Set

I have also been scamed by this outfit, I ordered the High Chaparral DVD collection at a cost of 83 hard earned dollars which includes 25 unusable CDs in fact when I tried watching the 1st CD it locked up my Laptop and when I tried it in the DVD player it locked it up also, I can't even get the CD out. I will be attempting to deal with this outfit also wish me luck!

More TVDVDStore.net Complaints & Reviews

• He
    Heather Haist Jul 02, 2008

The t.v. show series that I ordered came from China, and in very poor condition. The cases were broken. When I tested them, only 1/4 of them would play, and the discs that did play were in extremely poor quality.

• Ab
    abaker Jul 21, 2008

I ordered a box set from tvdvdstore.net and received the show taped directly from TV in paper holders. They were very poor quality and I did not receive all of the discs advertised. My package arrived from China. Luckily, at this point, I have only been charged the original amount, and hope they are not able to take any more from my bank account at some later point. I have contacted the site via their "contact us" link, but have received no response back. I wish I had investigated this website before ordering from them.

• Ti
    Tina ELMS Jul 21, 2008

THE WORSE THING ABOUT THIS IS THAT THEY SHOW THIS COMPANY ON E-BAY, SO I SENT THEM THIS E-MAIL, MAYBE THEY CAN HELP!I ORDERED PERFECT STRANGERS, AND MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY DID NOT PAY IT, SO MIKE AS HE IS CALLED E-MAILED ME AND TOLD ME TO CALL MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND TO TELL THEM TO OK THIS TRANSACTION!I HOPE THEY DO NOT TRY TO USE MY CREDIT CARD.MY BOSSMAN ORDERED SOME DVDS OFF ANOTHER DVD SITE AND THEY TRIED TO USE HIS CREDIT CARD TO BUY A COMPUTER!

• Ti
    Tina ELMS Jul 21, 2008

ALSO THEY HAVE NO LISTED PHONE NUMBER, SO I E-MAILED THEM AND THEY SAID THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW, YEAH RIGHT!!!

• Ho
    Howard Jul 29, 2008

Beware Beware Beware, selling pirate copies made in China taken from video taped shows in the USA and transferred unprofessionally to DVD with dismal results, then mailed back into the USA. Video quality is fair to poor. In addition most discs will not play at all, or only play first one or two episodes on disc.

• Jk
    jkm Jul 31, 2008

Alas, I ordered 5 DVD sets totaling > $500.

Took much longer to arrive than promised and I had to ask for them twice. Cases broken, DVDs cheap and shoddy in appearance, labeling home-made. I have only tried three discs and 2 won't play. It is obvious that they are not 1st generation copies, they are fuzzy and the sound quality is poor. Made in China, shipped from China, another Chinese knock-off rip-off.

What a sucker I am! If only had done my homework first!

• Bi
    bigred Aug 03, 2008

My 14 year old son is a huge fan of the Young Indiana Jones TV Series. With the release of the newest movie, his interest was rekindled and he opted to buy the series online through the TVDVDstore.net. It took more than twice as long to receive the set as was stated on our invoice. My son happened to be away for two weeks when the package arrived from CHINA. The package was not opened until he returned home, only to find the DVDs were of poor quality--very fuzzy. We have tried three times to contact the website's 24 hours/day, 7 days/week customer service with NO RESPONSE. How can they live with stealing almost $80 from a teenager? WHAT A SCAM!!!

• Co
    corkeys pal Aug 05, 2008

I ordered from them Tvdvd.net and then found out about the poor quality and that they are pirated dvds . I am still trying to get the order credited on my credit card. If I have any trouble after a few days I will probably have to cancel this credit card to assure they don't use it for fraud. I think it should be criminal for these companies to operate off E-bay. Everyone please beware. the phone number I was given is 216-333-1391 if it has not been disconnected try it if you need to talk to them.

• Al
    alan shaw Aug 06, 2008

TV Addicts, DVD Donkey etc etc etc are all the same company ripping off thousands of decent people sucked in by their adds. You either dont get your order and they offer you a refund which you never recieve anyway, or you do get the DVDS and they are crap. The are total w*nkers who should be hunted down and locked up. I emailed Amazon about them and never got a reply.

• El
    elizabeth Aug 22, 2008

Thank You...I am glad I saw your complaint.I would have ordered from them also not knowing. Thank again...

Jimmy Aug 30, 2008

TV DVD Store is company operating out of China. They’re known for their poor quality art work, often just photocopied paper, scratched disks and very poor video/audio quality. Their DVDs are probably not made from the masters and rather from high generation VHS copies. Consumers should be wary of buying from this website, especially with regards to supplying credit card details.

The registrant of the website address however points to a company in Los Angeles, California.

Jimmy Aug 30, 2008

TV DVD Store is a company operating out of China. They’re known for their poor quality art work, often just photocopied paper, scratched disks and very poor video/audio quality. Their DVDs are probably not made from the masters and rather from high generation VHS copies. Consumers should be wary of buying from this website, especially with regards to supplying credit card details.

The registrant of the website address points to a company in Los Angeles, California.

• Ka
    Karolyn Verville Sep 21, 2008

I paid $89.95 but I never received the DYNASTY DVD, season 1 to 9 I have ordered.

BEWARE AS THEY ARE THIEVES !!!

• Le
    lesley Oct 27, 2008

I also purchased for friends two box sets. They arrived from china loose dvds in a made up Video Box they cost nearly $300, and they are copies. I feel responsible to my friends because I found the site and I order them on their behalf. Stay away from this site

• Ro
    Rose Nov 17, 2008

I ordered the tv series THE BIG VALLEY off of my visa and went to the grocery store and had no money in my account. They cleaned out my account.

• Ro
    Rose Nov 17, 2008

These people should be arrested and never get out of jail.

joy blanding Dec 05, 2008

I have never seen such poor quality merchandise that has been copied
    from television also some of my disc dont even have the right show
    which should be third watch .what does it take to shut this website down, how many compliants do we need to have something done about this

• Il
    I Luv Movies Mar 30, 2009

I too, was scammed. Don’t become the next victim!
    Today, March 30, 2009 a two-DVD box set of flimsy, "home-made" DVDs arrived from BEI JING, CHINA.
    Address on the international bill of lading reads: CHINA INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS CENTER.
    The DVDs are actually, DVD-Rs, and not professional "Replicated" or "pressed" DVDs.
    Also, these DVD-Rs bear cheap paper labels, and not professional “silk-screening” or “offset” press printed labels you would expect.
    I called my credit card company and disputed the charges, USD $69.54. I learned that I am not responsible for the charges. An investigation has been launched and I was told that my C/C Company would attempt to contact the seller, www.TVDVDMania.com. The investigation may take up to sixty days.
    The outfit where I ordered is: www.TVDVDMania.com Warning: Stay away, and purchase your DVD movies elsewhere. This is an overseas company that sells illegal DVD copies.
    I would venture to say, everything this outfit sells is probably "pirated". Do you want stolen content on your shelves? Not me baby!
    This China-based company hosts any other number of “very” similar websites, here are some examples: http://www.tvaddicts.tv and http://www.dvdmediastar.com and http://www.dvdavenue.tv without any means of direct contact: mailing address or telephone number.
    If you're looking for THE HIGH CHAPARRAL DVD COLLECTION, know that a "legitimate" DVD collection DOES NOT EXIST!
    We all will have to wait and hopefully soon, a genuine DVD collection will be released and made available to the public.

• Ar
    Arnold Jul 30, 2009

I ordered a dvd set from this company. The money was withdrawn from my account. The dvds arrived 3 weeks later from China and were copied from the tv. The company will not supply a return address or phone number so there is absolutely no way to get a refund.

• Sc
    scooter_cat Mar 30, 2011

DO I HAVE ANY HOPE AT ALL OF BUYING OR EVEN FINDING THE HIGH CHAPPAREL ON DVD, I WOUD PREFER THE ORIGINAL BOX SET. I HAVE BOUGHT COPIES AND THEY HAVE BEEN REALLY BAD COPIES.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices