TVDVDMania.comPoor quality of dics in &BOY MEETS WORLD& Collection

T

I ordered a "Boy Meets World" DVD collection for Christmas-it arrived mid to late January. It came in a video sore type case, w/loose dvd's, numbered by pen. The quality of the discs is terrible-some completely unwatchable. I have emailed them 3 times( per their contact instructions) and have not heard back yet. There is no address or phone# listed on the packing list or the website. Had I known about all the complaints of this site, I never would have purchased anything from them [protected]@aol.com

More TVDVDMania.com Complaints & Reviews

johntheanimal Apr 29, 2011

Morbisch T Apr 26, 2011

Series - Murder She Wrote - Angela Lansbury

I bought the series and had the following issues. I have emailed them 5 times without any response.

Disc 1 Started with - It's A Dog's Life and went through to Death Takes a Curtain Call - the first four episodes are not included on any of the discs - in fact it should not be Disc 1.

Missing episodes are:-
    The Murder of Sherlock Holmes
    Deadly Lady
    Birds of a Feather
    Hooray For Homicide

Disc 17 - Very poor quality - has green squares flickering throughout menu and show - it is NOT viewable

Disc 22 - This is totally blank

Disc 28- Very poor quality - has green squares flickering throughout menu and show - it is NOT viewable

Disc 32 - Cannot select chapters

Disc 38 - Comes up as BAD DISC

Disc 42 - Comes up as Disc 8 and has the contents of Disc 8

Disc 46 - Southwest BY Southwest - very poor quality - NOT viewable

Disc 47- Is not from Murder She Wrote but in fact is "Murder She Purred" - A Mrs Murphy Mystery.

• We
    webrowser Jan 10, 2010

I agree. I ordered the complete Dark Shadows DVD set and after I received it 21 of the DVD set out of 105 didn't play at all. I paid $149 dollars for it . I emailed them several times and I was asked what kind of DVD player I was using and they said maybe it was the zone setting, but I emailed them sever times and told them the other DVD's were working fine. I also gave them a list of the DVD'S that needed to be replaced, because they said they would replace them free. I still haven't heard from them in weeks and I'm getting tired of this. I just want the replacements or to get my credit card credited. These people should be ashamed of themselves and they should be put out of Bussiness and be made to refund everyone's money.

• Ru
    runner Jan 08, 2010

I wish I had read all of these before I spent $130 on the complete series of Walker Texas Ranger for my son for Christmas. There seems to be nothing on the discs because when I put them in the DVD player they say check disc. My son got one of them to play on the computer but the quality is very poor. I have emailed them asking for a refund but after reading all of these complaints I doubt I will hear from them. Has anyone contacted the postal inspectors office? My sister in law works for them and I will check to see if there is anything that can be done since they are deliverd through the mail. If anyone has any suggestions or wants to join forces to see what can be done please email me at [email protected]

• Pi
    Pikachu Oct 10, 2009

On December 26, 2017 I ordered DVD's from TVDVDMania.com. Although I received a confirmation email, I have not yet received the DVD's. On December 27 (the very next day) they charged my credit card. I have called the number listed on my credit card ([protected]) but there is no answer. I have gone back to the website and emailed them three different times through the "contact us" option. They have not responded back to me. I have also been monitoring my spam folder but have not received any emails from them. I will be contacting my credit card company to see if they would be kind enough to reverse the charges and I will be asking them for a new credit card numer. I have googled the above phone number that was listed on my credit card bill and I found numerous emails complaining about the very same situations that others have recently experienced. I want to let major T. V. stations and Wesites aware of these scammers so that no one else orders from them. That you for your service!

• Lh
    lhwarren Jul 09, 2009

I purchased the Complete Gunsmoke 20 TV Series (153 discs) from tvdvdmania.com & the discs will not work in any DVD player regardless of age.
    After several e-mails I received one response saying they would resolve my issue ASAP & they requested information about the type of DVD players I am using. After I responded with the information I get no response. I am out $166.00 & have 153 cheaply copied discs that are worthless!!! These people need to be blocked from selling these Chinese pirated copies in the USA!!!

• Ol
    Oliver Jun 30, 2009

TVDVDMania.com is a ripoff web site. Poorly copied dvds from overseas. No traceability or recourse once they got your money.

• El
    Ellen Apr 02, 2009

I just commented to someone else's complaint as well. If you haven't received them then call your credit card company and get them to do something. My company is refunding the money and going after them. If TVDVDMania does not respond within 45 days showing proof of receipt with my signature on it then my refund will stand.

• El
    Ellen Apr 02, 2009

Call your credit card company if you haven't received them because they can reverse the charge and demand proof of purchase from TVDVDmania. I just got off the phone with my credit card company and that's what they will be doing but the Company has only 45 days to respond to the refund that will be deducted and if they don't then it will no longer be your problem. I ordered the same collection as well as 2 others and never received any of them.

Ellen

• Lh
    Lhaun1973 Feb 20, 2009

RE: TVDVDMania.com: I ordered one product and got another and have had no response as to how they will rectify the issue.

Basically I am now out the $58.99 I paid with no way to get satisfaction. No refund or replacement offered.

• Tt
    tttttttttttttttttt Feb 18, 2009

THIS GUY TOOK DOWN HIS WEB SITE, TURNED OFF HIS PHONE, AND HAS A NEW WEB STE DONT BUY FROM THEM !!!

• Ka
    kathleen staiger Feb 17, 2009

As a post-script to my previous complaints on "The Paper Chase" dvds we ordered from this company, the crowning frustration: the last dvd of the series which should have carried the series finale was found to be a repeat of a previous disc. So no ending to the story and no finding "how it all turned out". Someone else I believe had the same complaint about this company on another series--one could almost believe they do it on purpose!

mortswife97630 Feb 04, 2009

I see I got taken like a lot of others. So who can you trust.

mortswife97630 Feb 04, 2009

I ordered a set for $49.99. They came express from China-which the website says they don't do. They do not work. I e-mailed them 5 times and sent to every one in my address book not to buy from them.
    Cheryl St.Clair
    Lakeview OR

• Ji
    jimcb900f Feb 04, 2009

These guys suck!! I ordered the Dean Martin roasts as a gift and not one of them works. I tried to call and email and got no response. The numbers on the CD's were hand written like they were copied in someones basement. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!

• Lo
    lou davis Jan 29, 2009

i ordered a set of the rifleman tv shows on dvds. when i got them every other one could not be watched'or heard. i have e-mailed them many times and have even called them but no respond from them . all i want is the product i paid for ' which by the way was almost 100.00 dollars.the phone number is the same as above, thank you for me rant. i should have checked it out more than i did.thank you, lou davis

• Sh
    shearblade Jan 24, 2009

I had also ordered DVD sets from this company and received an email back that my credit card did not go thru so it was listed as a DECLINED order but my credit card still was charged $230.71. I have emailed them 6 times and still no responce. I went to my bank and received a phone number from the charge only to find that it went to a personal voice mail. This company is a real rip off and they need to have charges brought up against them. NEVER do buisness with TVDVDMania.com because you will be taken. I even had to cancel my credit card number so they wouldn't charge me again. What a hassle.

• Go
    Goulais River Jan 21, 2009

After receiving the Bonanza DVD Collection I was very disappointed to learn the not only are not all the episodes there but some are of the poorest quality or screwed up at the end. In the end I called them to get a refund.

I received a return address when I contacted TVDVDMANIA.com at the following phone number;
    TVSHOWMONSTER [protected]

Hao, Guangzhou,
    China 510400

• Jj
    jjj2404 Jan 20, 2009

I ordered a dvd set from them, was unhappy with the quality, and asked them for return instructions so I could get a refund. I've contacted them by email ([email protected] and [email protected]) and phone [protected]) but can't get anyone to answer me. Their website tvdvdmania.com promises 100% customer satisfaction or a full refund.

• Ba
    bajaskier Jan 20, 2009

Good thing you didn't get them. Cancel the order. The product they deliver (when they work at all) is bootleg, off-the-air crap.

Janie Alexander Jan 20, 2009

I have contacted the company by e-mail and have not received an answer or the merchandise. I ordered a Twilight Zone DVD Collection Jan. 3, 2017 to be shipped in 10-14 business days.

• Ni
    nick straw Jan 16, 2009

WHEN IS SOMONE GOING TO DO SOMTHING ABOUT THESE SORT OF CROOKS ! PAID FOR ITEM IN DECEMBER, ITEM NOT RECIEVED NO REPLY TO ALL MY E MAILS AS IT SAYS THEY WILL REPLY IN 24 HOURS, CRAP DO THEY!
    BE WARNED DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

• Pa
    Pam Jan 15, 2009

54 disc set of Little House on the Prairie.

a poor copy plus 2 discs missing.

no recourse. STAY AWAY.

mallku Jan 08, 2009

I purchase a set of DV's from my favor show Martin as a gift to a friend, I found out that this ones come from China, copys with no authorization made for a 3rd world, they dont give you warranty or no where to return. If you trying to save a few buck's like I did, big mistake and worst from this company, what they sell is garbage 100%. Order from Amazon were at list you have the option to return if you are not satify.

• Dg
    D. Gaynor Jan 05, 2009

Dvd's are inferior quality and are simply homemade copies in homemade packaging. Phone number on credit card receipt is temporairily unavailable and emails have not been responded to in an effort to return for credit of $101.78. This was a holiday gift and, as such, has caused me much embarassment. At the same time I ordered the Raven series from the Legenday Heroes site and received authenic, professional dvds. Never have I ever experienced such a fradulent product or have been unable to return for a refund or neglected to receive a response. However, it seems I am one of many in this particular instance. What recourse do we have?

Anne Jan 02, 2009

Hi, I have ordered the hope & faith dvds from TVDVDMania and cannot get any response looks like another scam, its terrible they get away with this, do not order from them.

• Ta
    Taken Nomore Dec 29, 2008

Ordered dvd set from these folks. Charged my card, yet no product, no return emails, no calls...nothing. Investigated their name further on web and...I am not alone. What a rip off.
    Called credit card company, stopped payment, and turned their butt in.

Stay clear of these @##&*%*^!

• Is
    issy Dec 23, 2008

hi i ordered the limited edition box set of little house on the prairie as a christmas gift, on november 22 they took my money on the 23november $115.95 i am disgusted as i havent received a reply to any of my emails other than the one to say they accepted my order.