Tv AddictsWrong dvd's received

I ordered a couple of dvd's from TV Addicts. My ordered was confirmed by them and the money deducted from my credit card.

I received my order via post. Two dvd's were not even on the order confirmation I received. Of the other 2, one was damaged.

I sent an email back to the ordering department to explain the situation of the damaged goods, but to date have not received a reply.

If I knew about the various complaints as posted on this site, I never would have used them.

What can I do now? As I am not residing in the US, it is very difficult to communicate with them in any other form other than email.

Louwrens de Kock ([protected]@gmail.com)
South Africa

Marni Aug 27, 2008

Had problems wtih TV Addicts too. When order was received the dvds were either blank or defective - very poor quality. You might file a complaint with your credit card company to help resolve this.

• Bi
    Bill Gray Aug 11, 2008

I had a similar issue. The DVD'S were mislabeled and poor quality. I ordered the Welcome Back Kotter complete DVD package and half were blank and 3 were the same disk. I plan on trying to get this taken off my credit card as well.

• Be
    Beth Buchanan May 06, 2008

Ordered DVD set 12-6-07. They charged from credit card $95.[protected]. Sent e-mail that it was on backorder. Tried several times to reach them. Last e-mail they sent me was 2-13-08 that it was still on backorder. But I could call them or e-mail them to cancel order. I did e-mail them to refund my money. Have not revceived any more e-mails and phone is disconnected when you call them.

• Mi
    mike daley Feb 14, 2008

Martin Hanks Feb 13, 2008

Never order from this site.

They got $95 out of me.

Same scam as I've unfortunately learned from others: fake tracking number, 800 and 877 numbers dead-end, no email response.

NEVER order from these frauds.

• Ba
    Barb Gillespie Feb 04, 2008

This place is a fraud. I ordered the Complete 3-Season set of "Alias Smith & Jones". It arrived 12 weeks later, was in a shoddy bag that was ripped, the DVD cases were cracked. I've not opened them thinking "wow, all I have to do is contact them and they'll honor their 100% return guarantee". WRONG! After reading some of these other complaints, I realize I'm lucky I'm out only $107, but in looking at the DVD cases I could have done a better job of printing the inserts. They're "mickey mouse" to the max. I've not opened them, but like everyone else on here, I've never spoken to a live person. Gotten on the chat a few times with promises of "we'll send you a replacement", "we'll send you a postage-paid packet to return them in" to finally an email with an address in Miami to mail them back to. Took them to UPS and the address doesn't exist. I've not broken the seal on the DVDs, but they told me on the chat that they are the "highest quality copies taped off the television". In other words, they did what I could've done for free...taped off the western channel. I've lost sleep over this and now wish I'd found this site before I started this mess. I give up. Now I'll break the seal on the boxes and see how awful they truly are. DO NOT EVER PURCHASE FROM THIS PLACE. THEY ARE A FRAUD. THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE ("oh we're open until 2:00 a.m. Eastern time"), sure. Never have spoken with anyone live. Just lots of emails from different people with very vague responses. What a joke!

• Bi
    Bill Pacek Jan 21, 2008

I ordered a box set of DVD's on November 24th of 2007. TV Addicts first claim they sent the DVD's then they state they they are on back order then they state that they sent the DVD's and to check on the delivery per a tracking number. I did not receive the DVD's and the tracking number shows up as invalid. I have made at least 20 phone calls and sent even more emails but I get no response.

• Sh
    Sherry Stotts Jan 08, 2008

I ordered a dvd as a christmas gift. I never received a confirmation letter. I called several times and my calls were not returned. I finally spoke to Denise and jen on live chat, and they kept giving me a run around then finally disengaged the chat. Is there anyone like a better business bureau or something to report this to...

• St
    Steve Jan 03, 2008

I too did place a order a week ago, Was it easy to get your money back?

• Na
    Nancy Lynn Brownlee Nov 12, 2007

Consumers contact the attorney general in your state and file a complaint aginst these creeps!

• Re
    Ren Pedersen Oct 27, 2007

I have very similar experiences to those stated. Does anyone have any advice on what can be done when this crowd continually ignores you? Regards, Ren.

Jonathan Rice Oct 20, 2007

E-mail, call, and fax them until the matter is resolved! If there was a contract you signed, try to get it. Threatened them if a court case if they do not reply within 48 hours. It's a scam so they're probably long gone! Ask fellow victims of the scam what they have done, and what worked!

Be cautious next time!

• Vi
    Vismaya Shankar Oct 20, 2007

I too have fallen prey to the Tv Addicts scam, neither will they give my dvd's nor will they return my money... What do I do?

• Jy
    Jyl Albertson Oct 16, 2007

I ordered seasons 1, 2 amd 3 of the Roswell series. They did send out the order, but the discs looked copied and 1 disc was defective. I e-mailed them within 2 weeks of receiving the discs and was told I would receive a replacement, that was 6 months ago. I just tried to e-mail them again for the 6th time and my e-mail got sent back, their address no longer exists. I am seriously pissed off! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!

• Ka
    Karin Stokes Oct 10, 2007

I ordered and paid for all 4 series of "Blakes 7" and received series one only. After seven months of exchanging complaints from me and email promises from them, I have still not received the goods. My research had them registered in Canada, but the Canadian Consumer Affairs people have never heard of them. It would be nice to hear that they've been put out of business - I only lost $100, others could lose more.

• Kr
    Kristle Finck Oct 04, 2007

I ordered the complete season of Scarecrow and Mrs. King in April of 2007. After six weeks of waiting and trying to track the package it finally arrived in the mail. The package was ripped in several places. I was told that an episode guide would be sent with the disks as well. In watching the DVD's I found that often times the end of the show would be missing or in the case of one episode I only had twenty minutes of the show before it was cut off. One of the disks was cracked and unable to play. I emailed me them and asked to have a replacement sent in which they told me that they couldn't unless I could tell them my order number. I found my order number and was told that they were going to forward one to me right away, well it has been three months and I have sent several emails to them with no response. I am telling every person I know not to use this website. It is horrible that they treat customers this way. I know if I treated people this way I would be fired. I think I should be able to get a full refund and be able to keep my disks.