Tv AddictsDoes not honor orders, returns, ignores customer inquiries

C

I truly wish I had investigated this company before ordering the "Centennial" mini-series from them in mid August, 2017.
The dvds finally arrived nearly a month later and were faulty.
Also, they were taped off ti-vo, which immediately made me suspcious that this company was engaging in taping illegally and selling over the internet.
Since this past August, 2017 I have sent repeated e-mails to this company to have the dvds returned. I have been answered by women with no last name who politely assure me that a postage-paid envelope is coming with the authorization number. Since December, 2017 I believe this company is not being truthful and has no intention of processing my return, and is dishonorable.
I placed a complaint last week with the Better Business Bureau and have just receieved an e-mail from them that correspondence sent by the BBB to TV Addicts/DVD Avenue has come back to them as "undeliverable". The BBB provided information they received about this company that was full of complaints by consumers, mostly consumers being ignored/unanswered. Whenever I call the number, no matter what time of day or night, a recorded message plays to call back at another time. This company is a con. I will continue to pursue my return to my satisfaction and to look for a government agency to close them down. They are disreputable.

• Js
    JSU Feb 17, 2012

I wish I had read this in the first place then I wouldn't have been ripped off by this company.. re -recording programs and selling them - I thought that was against the law - shut this company down please

• Tr
    Troy May 16, 2008

We ordered the Chris Isaak Show on DVD in Dec 2017 and never got it...now they are tapping into our bank account and draining money from us. EVIL ###

• La
    Lawrence Mok Mar 30, 2008

I was about to order Seven days DVD from them but what made me change my mind was that the URL link was not https the s means it is secure! Also the DVD is unrated so they are most likely pirating it.

TY for reading and hope you don't get scammed!

• Li
    Lisa Baumgardner Mar 26, 2008

Did not receive complete order. When I called, it will take another 6 weeks for replacement. DVD's are of very poor quality. Looks to be taped from the tv and skips, and is fuzzy to watch. Very dissatisfied with this company. I will not order anything from them again.

• Da
    Dan Burke Mar 25, 2008

I was charged approximately $75 for a 2 box set of "Car 54 Where Are You" DVDs & have not received them in the promised time frame.

• Ri
    rick Mar 22, 2008

For those of you that have not purchased yet, don't!!! The big give-away that this site is up to no good is their improper use of English throughout. If you ordered already by credit card, contact your card company and get a refund from them.

• Je
    jerry hipps Jan 20, 2008

Ordered DVD's in December. Have been charged for them but have never received them. I have made several phone calls, but only get voice mail. No human response.

• Ka
    Kathryn Wojnicz Dec 28, 2007

I placed an order in November, 2017 for the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts. The product was charged to my credit card (more than my original receipt stated) and the DVD's were never received. I have made repeated attempts to contact them and was able to make contact through their on-line chat. They provided me with a tracking number through the Canada Post, but Canada Post tells me there is no such tracking number. I have contacted my credit card company to stop payment to this vendor. Just like the others I have read, it is impossible to reach them by phone. I did receive one e-mail response from them, but when I tried to reply, the e-mail kicked back and indicated the e-mail address was insufficient. Definitely a company to stay away from. I too, wish I would have known about this website before ordering. Good Luck to everyone who unfortunately placed an order with them!

mary pardo Dec 17, 2007

According to my order, I was suppose to get a complete 12 season order of Murder She wrote. Well, you should see them... Bad copies. And incomplete.

What a joke...

Samuel Rajah Nov 05, 2007

Tvaddcts.com just moved to a new site called ultimatedvdshop.com. This site is a clone of their old one. Don't let yourself be scammed again.

Samuel.

• Ha
    Harriet Cook Oct 05, 2007

December 13, 2017 received email confirmation of my order "WKRP in Cincinnati" complete set. Product was received in time for Christmas but emails confirming its mailing were quite delayed. Mid January I contacted them because one of the disks was bad. They said they would replace it, no charge.

I contacted them again and February 21, 2017 I got this response: "We are sorry for not responding to your earlier e-mails. Your request for replacement has been forwarded. We will send you the tracking number as soon as it is shipped. Thank you for your patience. "

March 15th I sent out another email requesting the replacement. I have not heard from them since and it is now Oct 07.

SO to Pia, Bunny and Carla... thank you for the blatant lying throughout the whole transaction.

• Ro
    Ronnie Richardson Sep 28, 2007

Never, ever buy from TV addicts. They are a fraud. I ordered the full seasons of the Johnny TV shows, and paid for them, I have nothing in return. Their e-mail address doesn't work, you can't track your order. I know I got ripped off. I am taking this up with some higher up.

• Al
    Alyson Ainscough Sep 27, 2007

I order the boxed set of the Chris Isaak Show on DVD. I received the boxed set but had one DVD with Judging Amy on it and another disc wouldn't play. I have been contacting them for 4 months and I just get emails saying they are very busy and to have patience!

• De
    Dennis Swan Jul 22, 2007

I ordered from this company and didn't receive the items ordered for 2 months which was The Man room Uncle Series, after e-mailing them every day, then when we did receive them to find out they were copied from tv! Which really made me mad after paying over 100 dollars for the set ! Then disk 4 is a is a season of Malcolm in the Middle copied from tv. I have e-mailed them again with no response , to find out they have changed their name to TV Avenue This was a Fathers Day gift that was all messed up. I hope something is done about them soon.