Turkish Airlines — flight to istanbul 19/09/19
My partner and I were due to travel to Tokyo from Dublin via Istanbul on the 19/09/19at 16.30. The flight was cancelled at 18.00 and we were brought to a nearby hotel. We were told Turkish airlines would be in contact. We received no contact from the airline, this is a breach of our rights.
After great difficulty, through ringing the Turkish airlines helpline, we managed to have our flights rerouted to fly out for Dublin on the 21/09/19. We had to make three phone calls to confirm.
We were flying to Tokyo to the World Cup rugby match. We have missed out on Ireland vs Scotland. We have also had to pay for two night accommodation.
There has been no correspondance from your company. All correspondance has been initiated by ourselves . We have received no apology from the airline.
We are entitled to €600 each in compensation.
The disruption in our travel itineraries has caused significant futhur costs that has been incurred by us; two night accommodation in Tokyo and two rugby World Cup match tickets.
This incident has been of great stress and disruption to us and we expect to be compensated in full. Please contact us via email: [protected]@gmail.com
Kevin McCarthy and Victoria Berber
More Turkish Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Turkish Airlines - compensation for lost baggage 
- Turkish Airlines - customer relations department 
- Turkish Airlines - missing luggage 
- Turkish Airlines - lost luggage 
- Turkish Airlines - baggage lost 
- Turkish Airlines - rescheduled flight without compensation
- Turkish Airlines - damaged luggage
- Turkish Airlines - broken luggage 
- Turkish Airlines - offload from boarding gate after issue a boarding pass. 
- Turkish Airlines - baggage delay