TSRPhone message - call

I have received about 5 calls every day from this company who "fudges" my name and leaves a message that i must call regarding a file#.
I called them at the number [protected] and spoke to a man idnetifying himself as Mr. Guardina. He wanted my name and I said before I would give him my name I wanted to know who he was and what his company did. He wouldn't tell me. the converstaion became heated and I told him to take my number off any list he may have. He transferred me to another man whom he claimed handled the lists. I went through the same nonsence with this 2nd man who said he was working for a client whom he couldn't reveal because that was confidential, so I asked him if he represented someone else who had a claim against me, I had a right to know who that individual or company is before I might reveal anything personal about myself. He hung up.
A 1/2 hour later the same company called me again to tell me it was urgent I contact them. This time it was a woman who wanted to know if I called her company. I said I had and she promptly hung up.

• Jj
    JJV007 Oct 02, 2013

I have also received calls from this number constantly. They never disclosed who they are. When they leave a message they never say who they are calling for. They expect a call back when they don't leave any info just a reference number. This is very unprofessional.

nonofyourbusiness Jul 24, 2014

They constantly call -- Always say that they cannot disclose who they are unless I provide them with my personal information. -- Why should I give them my information if they are calling me? Man is very rude, they leave a gazillian messages on my voicemail.

• Fe
    Fed up Canuck Jul 28, 2014

They've been calling me early in the morning for months at 8:30 or 9:00 and I never got to the phone. Today I answered the call and the gentleman asked if I was the person they'd "trying to get a hold of". He never identified himself or The Company he was working for or why he was calling. When I told him he had the wrong number, he tried saying my last name but kept on fudging it.
    When I first got these calls I went to www.800notes.com.
    They are a company called Total Credit Recovery Ltd which is a collection company. They CLAIM to work for "CIBC", TD Canada Trust and other Banks or Cards.
    I called the 800 number on my Credit Card and the Gentleman there told me he'd never heard of their number. He asked his
    Supervisor and they looked it up online. They came across this website, "The Complaints Board". Even though I already knew, he told me NOT to give out ANY information to these people because they are SCAMMERS. They will use any form of bullying to get someone to fork over money.
    Having also worked for an inbound call centre for years myself where the Customer called our number, I know a few facts I'd like to pass onto you guys. Even though I'm aware you know this information, I would like to post this so you can pass it on to other people.
    1: Unless YOU are calling a company to place an order, upgrade services, do NOT give out ANY information over the phone. An agent working for a company will identify him/herself and the company they are working for.
    2: These guys are calling early in the morning around 8:30 or 9:00. They're hoping to wake you from a deep sleep so you're NOT THINKING clearly and will hear the words "Someone has a claim against you, owe us money", etc and to scare you into giving out your information. They then HAVE you at their mercy.
    3: Obviously, if you do owe money on your credit card or are in debt, the name your bank will appear on your screen, the person calling will introduce him/herself. They will also work WITH you to discover the most economic way for YOU to pay off your debt. If the Agent uses any Bullying tactics, ask to speak to their Supervisor. They know they can NOT do this and will be lucky if they are only written up.
    4: If you have missed a payment on a card, you USUALLY will receive a notice by mail. If you do get a call the Agent will introduce him/herself, why they are calling. They will allow you to go online, pull up your Bank Statement and give you time to make the payment and a number to say it's been paid for. Although embarrassing, the experience will be pleasant.
    I read a post a couple of months ago. The Agents working for this company are so mean they bullied a man so much he wound up taking his life because of them.
    This is the kind of company they are.
    I apologize for the long and "Yes Mommy" sounding post, but I felt I needed to do so. Thank you for letting me post this long message.