Travelzoo — poor communication
We recently booked a trip on the tenterden railway with an afternoon cream tea onboard, this was a day out for a friend visiting from Australia, I had booked this online through travelzoo a month before our intended trip, the time stated on the invoice was for 3-20 pm when we got to the station at 2-45, we were told the train had already left, we were late, and the next train was leaving at 4-15, but there would be no cream tea,
Unfortunately the spa valley railway had changed the timetable in July, but were still selling trips from the old timetable in June, at the last minute they managed to get a cream tea together .
A very poor service, , I did try to complain to virgin as I understand it is one of their events, but, was unable to get any help or information from them .
Be interesting to hear your opinion,
Maureen Field .
Travelzoo Customer Care's Response, Oct 10, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are disappointed to hear you had a less than perfect experience. We will be sure to share your feedback with our partner.
If you need further assistance with this purchase, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team directly at [protected], or email us at [protected]@travelzoo.com.
More Travelzoo Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Travelzoo - voucher fraud 
- [Resolved] Travelzoo - false advertising 
- [Resolved] Travelzoo.com - don't ever buy from travelzoo or you'll regret it 
- Travel Zoo Local Deals - service not rendered 
- Travelzoo Vouchers - vouchers not honored
- TravelZoo Local Deals - fraudulent sale of vouchers 
- Travelzoo - poor refund policy
- [Resolved] Travelzoo - unorganized poorly run company - disappointed travelzoo would offer a deal from them
- [Resolved] Travelzoo And Cruiseabout - travel agency scam
- Travelzoo - I am afraid it can be a scam