Transforming Debt Into WealthMarketing/Selling Process

I heard an advertisement on the radio for TDIW and John Cummata.
Called an 800 number. Spoke with a representative. She never discussed the cost of the material but said I could receive the TDIW materials for a 30 day trial if I paid $4.95 for shipping. I agreed to let them charge my credit card for the shipping cost. I received the material, reviewed it but did not get it back within the 30 day trial period. Shortly thereafter, I was charged $89.95. I did not have a problem with this charge because I felt the material was worth this.
Then approximately 30 days later I started receiving phone calls and an initial letter stating that I owed $359.92!! I was astounded! Mainly due to the fact that during this whole process I was never told nor did I agree to purchase the material for $450.00. Had I known this up front, I never would have agreed to the 30 day trial period.
I have since tried to return the material but they will not accept it.
I contacted Nightingale-Conant via their website. They state that all their materials have a 12-month money back guarantee! To date they have not honored this guarantee. I'm sure there are many others out there who have experienced the same frustrations. Hopefully enough to form a class-action suit! I am extremely disappointed that Nighingale-Conant would allow these kind of marketing and sales tactics. They used to be one of best publishers of business and self-improvement books and tapes.

More Transforming Debt Into Wealth Complaints & Reviews

joeala Jun 25, 2012

They did the same with me as most of you experienced. I tried to return it. They convinced me otherwise. They milked me along with little tidbits of info telling me that they only picked certain people. Then the bombshell when they saif I would have to pay them 3500.00 for their further services and they knew I was broke and had no funds to pay this. They wanted me to use a combination of cash balances on my credit cards to pay them or finance it with them. Their financial counselor told me that I should use my available credit to invest with them and that their investment would provide a better return than the interest I am paying now. That was all I needed to hear, They said they truly wanted to help yet the finance rate was 17%. My debit card was renewed and the number changed so they are now harassing me for the final payment. I refuse to pay it because this is a scam. A well thought out, seemingly legal scam.

• Mi
    mike w m May 23, 2012

Attention to everyone who is considering ordering the John Commuta series "Transforming Debt into Wealth" -- I say DON'T DO IT!! It is a scam! I ordered, then quickly changed my mind. I returned the unopened box to UPS to send it back to them. As I only wanted to mark it "Return to Sender", so that I would not incur the freight charges UPS said that they cannot give me a tracking #. Well, I thought, "no problem" because it is being shipped back via the same route and UPS #'s that it was shipped to me [...big mistake!].
    However, then the big problem started when their nasty representatives start calling me and harrassing me because I did not purchase the program, and I canceled the initial $83 charge with my credit card. Now, they continue to harrass me and they are trying to claim that I owe them $332!! It is ABSOLUTELY ABSURD! The only way this works is that these people try to "transform YOUR debt into their wealth!"

I am warning everyone -- do NOT give these people your credit card #, ...or else the nightmare is only just beginning.

• Za
    zarina28 May 25, 2011

I received my package, quickly looked over but did not open their CD or listened/watched DVD. Then I got a call from their company trying to set me up wit some kind of lesson plan. So, after talking I decided it's probably not for me, and that 's what I said to the person on the phone. Later, I sent the stuff back, but it was rejected. I called customer service number, they very rude, telling me because the person who i talked to was not their customer service rep, i still owe them . I called several times, trying to get a different person, each one of them was rude, will not listen. I called my bank, cancel my debit card, but now after reading all these reviews, hoping they will not post it to my credit report. How could they do that, since I didn't sign anything, or agreed to? This needs to be stopped somehow...

• Al
    Albert Spagiarri May 25, 2011

Just talked to a rep at wealth to debt. Asked questions and wondered how they managed to get rid of secured debts like mortgages and school loans. She said it worked and I could be debt free in as little as 5 to 7 years. I told her that apart from interest. This time frame did not match the premium amount owed. I am debt free of credit cards and did it myself using the same methods these company use.
    Don't fall into their trap. They are not here to help you, they are scavengers, or maggots feeding on you injured finances. They on top of that put you in greater debt. If you want to know how I did it, I am thinking about putting it on a regular paper document and posting it on the internet. Is anyone interested?

• Mi
    MIKE1939 Jan 28, 2011

I talked to them yesterday and the lady lied straight up and said there would be no further action after the 4.95 shipping and that it was up to me if I wanted to buy program later. I had no CC with me to order so I called back today and this guy told me the truth. 30 day trial then auto bill. He said they had a A+ rating with BBB.

Thanks for the info everyone, I am saving my 4.95. I too, now believe its a scam.

Lets talk about the BBB. Thats the real scam. Someone here said that the program was owned by Robert Allen Media. That may also be true but the BBB says "New world media".

Either way get this, robert allen media has an F rating with 22 complaints and only 1 unresolved.

New World Media, transferring debt..., has an A+ rating with 288 compliants, 250 resolved and 38 "administratively closed" which means "The BBB determined that the complaint could not be satisfactorily settled using standard methods of voluntary dispute resolution".

Hows that for "unbiased". In my opinion, the BBB is, and always has been, one of the biggest scams in the country. I am no expert but they have always seemed like an advertising agency and it obviously seems that they can be bought.

Please understand that I am not supporting any of these companies because I think all 3 are scams.

I say put your faith in blogs and real people that are willing to take the time to tell their story for free. Gotta love the internet!

Check it out for yourself.

• Ta
    taxpayer8 Jan 12, 2011

"If it sounds too good to be true, it is."

I'm amazed at how many people fall for this stuff. If it really worked don't you think EVERYONE would be doing it? Same goes for diets, "miracle" health supplements and the like.

The ONLY way to make your situation better is through effort and hard work -- there is no "easy button" in real life.

• Ha
    hank Bollinger Dec 09, 2009

Okay, It's your own dam fault people...Your all a bunch of idiots, . I called and listened to the pitch and after all was said and done, I asked "are we being recored still?" he says YES, I then ask him what the hook was and he was like Huh-uh-what -uh do you meen? then I asked point blank--" Do I need to return this in a certain period to NOT be charged ". He starTed his sales ###. SO i said Nope! AND HUNG UP THE DAM PHONE. You gotta know nothing is free Man! there is ALWAYS a catch AL-WAYS. If you fell for this Garbage WAKE THE F$#@ up man! how can anyone fall for this?

• Le
    lessonlearned00 Jul 15, 2009

Hi,
    I had similar situation and I cancelled the order before 30 days trial. They gave me a Return number to return the package with. I read the return policy and it did say that the Return number will be cancelled if they don't receive the package back in 15 days. I didn't think much and by the time I got back from vacation, it was 3 days late. So I called the Return Dept and wanted to make sure the Return number was still valid. Surely the guy, Keith, said it was expired so I have to keep the program and they will charge me monthly payment. But he would be "nice" to offer me a one time payment with lower amount, I think he said 459 or something. There's no way I can afford that so I told him I'll send the package back no matter what, I'm not gonna pay for it. Long story short, I called my bank and cancelled my card right away so they can't charge me further. I'm sure they will send me bills and even turn it to a collection company. They also played the recording to prove that they gave me the payment plan over the phone. I don't remember anything about payment plan but I don't have great memory. However, there was no invoice in the package so I wonder if the phone recording will be sufficient.

I'm at the point of applying for refinance for my mortgage. I'm worried that this dispute will make great harm to my "hard-earned" credit score. Can anyone tell me what happens if the collection company calls in the future. Thanks!

• Se
    seanian85 Jun 25, 2009

Oh, and i also received a slip saying they would accept half payment and the debt would be considered paid in full. yeah, i still received a call from the collection agency.

• Se
    seanian85 Jun 25, 2009

I tried to send the tapes and books back still in their shrink wrap and they said that since i had them for a month i had every opportunity to use the product and they would therefore not refund me my money.

• Pi
    Pissed at John Commuta Jun 14, 2009

Can they send you to a collection agency without having your social security number?

• Pi
    Pissed at John Commuta Jun 14, 2009

The same ### happened to me, their customer service is a bunch of Nazi's. Their financial counselor told me that I should use my available credit to invest with them and that their investment would provide a better return than the interest I am paying now. That was all I needed to hear, John Commuta must be a crackhead to think that this would work (especially today where no investment is guaranteed). Their customer service supervisor doesn't return calls, they did tell me about the 30 day trial though, they played back the recorded conversation when I called the company (not sure that's legal to do). I thought that when I told the crackhead that I did not want to use my available credit to invest to possibly make a return, and use that to get out of debt, that that meant I wanted to cancel. $449.00 for that marketing junk they sent is a rip off.

mad in MINN Jun 04, 2009

I agree with the previous posters... I was NEVER told they would keep debiting my card - I have been unable to resolve this matter, and just received a collection notice... they can have the tapes back... I didn't even open them - BUT - I want the money refunded which was already charged.

A very unscrupulous company which out-right lied on the phone.

• Aa
    A & S May 02, 2009

We had just gotten married and had several expenses adding up on cards. My husband got the Transforming Debt to Wealth, hoping we could learn the secrets of new IN-come sources.

Soon we were paying hundreds of dollars for the whole package of Books, DVDs & online system to see what our worth was and how to pay of debt in a short time.

Then came the pitch with the very well psychological set up to get the 1 on 1 coaching. After having you agree you did want to be debt free and you are looking for the answers, etc….and they only pick those truly ready & committed to learning all the secrets… to the TUNE OF $10, 000.00. And the “LONG PAGE” warrantee agreement was never made available to us again. Just sign… I should have yelled “NO” right then & there!

We got in to the retirement & investment coaching and they wanted me to liquidate my guaranteed IRA s I could pay off all debt, INCLUDING the $10, 000.00 owed to prosper learning. It would cost me additional early withdrawal taxes also.

By the end of the year 2008 & the full blown recession staring at us, I said I was feeling very angry about having NO safety net.

Then we got into the e commerce coaching. Every Wed. night I hated the lesson because it was gonna cost me money to join, post, start up, upgrade & sell things on E bay, or get a web site or what ever. We never made a penny & we hardly knew what to do with out the coaches’ help. We were not even getting debt free. We picked up a few pointers but we had our record keeping going & plan in affect before they sold us the full time on line school. I did no want to spend the rest of my life sitting in front of the computer reading their prosper training guides.

Then a company hounded us to pay thousands more to become an LLC.

My suspicions were True! And Now I do not want to pay this bogus debt I want all our money back!!! Anyone have the insight on HOW to? I’d appreciate your experience on how to get the refund.

A & S

chris Apr 28, 2009

This could have been written by me. I got 'the letter' yesterday and was verbally assaulted by a 'customer service' person when I called. I had to cancel my debit card to no more payments could be deducted. I shoudl have researched before I requested information from this company. They are a SCAM!!!