Transam AssociatesFraud and cheating company!

I actually found this job on yahoohotjobs.com which would make one think it is legitimate. Wrong-they emailed me repeatedly asking me to do a sample dictation for them which I did. Then they said all you have to do is read the agreement and then we will start your training today. In the agreement it says you have to purchase the software, which I know many transcriptions who have done that. So I started chatting with their so-called live help center. I asked for references from Doctors whom they transcribe for and testimonials from employees. The chat person said 'I'm sorry we cannot release info on our Doctors and if we had our employees say anything we would have to pay them and that would be tainted information but we can tell you how long we've been in business.' I'm sorry but just the way the whole thing goes down is shady. They told me that they do not under any circumstance refund the money and the training can be anywhere from one to several months, it all depends on you. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. I told live chat that they should be ashamed of themselves for ripping people off and they should get real jobs. Her response was 'good luck to you, thanks for chatting with me today, bye for now' yeah I don't think I will be back.

• Te
    Terry1957 Jul 14, 2011

I was looking for a job at home from my computer. I ran across a company called Transam Assoicates offering schooling as well as a job offer. I spoke with a lady named Sherryk in which she proceeded to help me get started. I had to take two tests in which this was to help them put me where I needed to be in the learning process. Sherryk assured me that I had great typing skills and could be looking at a position with their company. I was asked to pay $260 at the start and then the rest had to be paid before I could start the full courses in getting a job. After paying the full amount of $495 I then proceeded with Group audio's of 30-31 in each. Sherryk came to me in email and said it would be helpful if I would take the Grammar English course and I did. My grades were A's and B's. I then took the Terminology course in which Sherryk said would be a helpful course as well. In my booklet they give you, it said you would be awarded a certificate of completion for taking the classes. I went to Sherryk after finishing the courses and asked how I receive my certificates as all my grades were A's and B's. She told me I would not get the certificates until I started working for the company Transam Associates. I said well I worked hard to get the grades I did and therefore continued to be their sucker. I completed all their Groups of Audio's in which I would check my work with perfect ratings. I was told after you complete 2 groups of audios you begin taking your tests, 3 in a row with 100% accuracy. Each time I got to the tests I couldn't understand the gentleman speaking it was so blurbed. I went back to Sherryk and said this is not right, no way in passing these and this is the same man I listen to in the audio's. She told me well I had to listen carefully as these doctors are doing things as they are speaking in their recorders. I continued on with the work of audio's in trying to pass them so I could start live work as they call it. Each time I came to the testing audio it was the same thing, blurbed all over the place and was not able to be understood. I asked a friend of mine who has had 26 years in this same work to listen and she laughed and said no way can I understand him and if I were you I would just count this up as a loss as this doesn't seem correct, no way you can understand the man but no way of completing this testing with 100% accuracy. I continued to try as it ment alot to me to finish this and start live work. This is my career and I intended on getting it 100% correct as I need the money to help in supporting my family. I have come to the reality check as to this place should be looked into as I got to Groups 9-10 and the same thing continues. I not only spent out for the MT Professional software but also bought myself a $199.00 foot pedal and books from Amazon making me spend more money to do this then I had.
    I have now enrolled in a college to better my career and become a real Medical Transcriptionist as well as get a real certificate for my hard work. After I get my certificate for Medical Transcriptionist I will go for my RMT license.
    To anyone looking for a job at home, cut your costs and go to a real school (College) offering a real certificate for your honors that can also offer you a job afterwards.
    Transam Associates and their MT Professional software is nothing but bogus and totally takes from your time to become who you really want to become. Do not waste your time and energy as well as your money. Make yourself happy and find the true in yourself, , , , (College) that can make you who you want to be.
    Transam Associates I believe you should have to give every dime back you have taken from people and you should go to jail for your fake nonsense that takes people in the wrong direction. You Transam Associates should be forced to do the right thing. You are not legit and you are nothing but a joke. I am living proof.
    Now I am on my way to a real certificate and a real job. People don't be blinded by this company you will just lose your money and your time.

• Te
    Terry1957 Jul 14, 2011

Hi Matt,
    I was one of the foolish ones. I paid for the program, I took their Grammar English course, plus bought the book through Amazon. I took their Terminology Course also, which I bought a book for through Amazon. I have done so many Groups of 30-31 and then tested. I have passed my group files with flying colors but when it comes to the test, can't understand the same person that was on the audios that I could understand. They say you receive a certificate for your Grammar course and your Terminology course although, when I completed both with high A's and B's they told me NO, I don't get that until I start working for them. Disappointed here and fed up with this place, if there were some place I could go for my money back I would, although they do not give your money back, I have lost my money on the program of $500.00 plus all of my books plus almost a years worth of my time in which I have worked very hard daily to get this position. I have gone to some colleges now in order to get my certificate for Medical Terminology as well as my RMT and each college I have spoken to can not even find MT Professional or Transam Associates in their books as a good replicable Credited Schooling. Beware people in what you find on the internet. These people are out to take your money...

devnull Apr 28, 2011

Please pardon the triple-post, that was not my intent.

devnull Apr 27, 2011

Very entertaining chat session, tigerneva!
    I am adding the chunk below onto lots of Transam complaints so people can see how far the scammers have spread and some of the various names they use.

Be advised - every entity mentioned below in this post is a scam, view URLs at your own risk.

Transam Associates also does business (scams) with these web pages (spaces added on purpose):
    http://www. healthcare-employment .net/
    http://www. affiliated-healthcare .net/

Their sample.mp3 file also matches a sample from Transcription America over a year ago. Although the badly made web pages use different templates than http://www. transamassociates .com, their live chat links use the same site ID numbers, proving the connection.

The "software" sites ( http:// mtsoftware .org/ and http://www. mtprofessional .com/ ) are also badly made and feature the same chat link. The scammers in the live chat are unwilling (and do not even attempt) to explain why the support chat for a computer program links to a recruiting session/interview.

A sample of a chat I experienced is saved here:

Again, be advised - every entity mentioned in this report is a scam.

devnull Apr 27, 2011

Be advised - every entity mentioned in this post is a scam, view URLs at your own risk.

http://www. healthcare-employment .net/
    http://www. affiliated-healthcare .net/

Their sample.mp3 file also matches a sample from Transcription America over a year ago. Although the badly made web pages are made from different templates than http://www. transamassociates .com, their live chat links use the same site ID numbers, proving the connection.

The "software" site http:// mtsoftware .org/ is also badly made and features the same chat link. The scammers in the live chat are unwilling (and do not even attempt) to explain why the support chat for a computer program links to a recruiting session/interview.

A sample of a chat I experienced is saved here:

Again, be advised - every entity mentioned in this report is a scam.

• Eo
    EO'S Mar 26, 2011

Thank you all so much for this information. I am actually right in the moddle of the communication with this outfit, having just completed the transcription and with an interview timed for 10 am EST (in 10 mins.) Their communication to me immediately drew my suspcions claiming, as it did, that my resume content made me an ideal candidate for a position with the company. As my career history would certainly not suggest that and I had never mentioned my typing speed etc., one can see why suspicions would arise. I will now break off all contact with them and thanks to you, at no cost to me.

• Sm
    smkinwi Jan 01, 2011

As a person who teaches Med. Trans. at a local college as well as General English (grammar), and is an editor for another transcription company, I gave Transam Associates, Inc. a try. The main reason for giving Transam Associates a try was a referral from my MT certifcation school. Ya'd think it would be a safe bet as a legitimate business if the referral came from an MT school; however, after going through the intitial testing modules as well as multiple tears of training transcriptions and further testing modules, it became obvious to this teacher of grammar that the people/person that made the keys does NOT have a firm grasp on grammatical rules, and there was no chance for me to pass the tests to get to real work. Thankfully, there was some additional learning of rheumatoid arthritis terminology acquired through the training modules, so it was not a complete waste of money in my case, but if you are a new MT looking for a place to start, this is NOT IT!!!

• Th
    the Pat-Mann Dec 08, 2010

I don't know how I found out about Transam Associates. I'm thinking they more likely found out about ME. Anyway, I received an email from a Nancy Klune titled "Job interview" stating they were impressed with my resume and wanted to offer me the position of CSR (entry level Data Entry). If I was interested to write back to her. So I did. Following day i receive a dictation typing test. I' thought this was to see how well I can take dictation and type. I did a miserable job: in 30 seconds the best I did was 4 partial sentences (which I relied more on memory than actual dictation skills. btw, I HAVE NO dictation skills. My 86 year old aunt with Macular Degeneration can run circles around me when it comes to dictation and typing). Following day I get a email saying "Congratulations! You've been accepted..." and I could start training this week, etc.
    There was no mention of a person to person interview, submitting to a drug test, or where any call center was located. I wondered if they even bothered to look at my "test" to begin with. Alarms started going off. Well, I noticed the email I received was from verizon.net. I have friends employed by Verizon. I forwarded these emails to them. Just to see if this was legit. One of them sent this site back. This was all i needed. So I'll continue to seek employment elsewhere.

It also occurrred to me: Klune (more commonly spelled KLUN in Europe) is Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, and German for ------ CLOWN.

antlu65 Sep 13, 2010

Lol, I was reading the reviews on this site as I entered the live chat, here's how it went (for your amusement):

-----------------------------------

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Qualifying Operator'

Qualifying Operator: Hello! Thank you for contacting "Live Support" How may I help you today?
    Anthony Lu: Transcription America application?
    Qualifying Operator: I'd be happy to talk with you about the job interview with our company.
    Qualifying Operator: Where are you in the application process? Did you transcribe a sample for us yet? And if so, have you heard back from the company?
    Anthony Lu: Hello?
    Anthony Lu: Can you repeat that pls?
    Anthony Lu: Transcription America application?
    Qualifying Operator: Yes
    Qualifying Operator: Just hit your back button on the page you are on
    Anthony Lu: I'm contacting you regarding the job interview for Transcription America.
    Anthony Lu: I transcribed the sample and I heard back from the company.
    Qualifying Operator: Great
    Qualifying Operator: Let me help you with this...
    Qualifying Operator: This is your job interview. This is a guaranteed job!
    If you qualify, you work for and get paid by us.

This is hard work. Did you go to school for medical transcription?
    What working experience have you had?
    Tell me a little bit about your background.
    Anthony Lu: Can I ask you a few questions?
    Qualifying Operator: Yes in a moment
    Qualifying Operator: What is your background?
    Anthony Lu: Recent grad with bachelors in a science.
    Anthony Lu: No previous medical transcription experience.
    Qualifying Operator: Great
    Qualifying Operator: That helps a lot.
    Qualifying Operator: You may not need any training at all but if you do...It is all at your own pace in your own time. It usually takes a minimum of one month.
    Qualifying Operator: Have you read and submitted the work agreement before coming to this live chat interview?
    Qualifying Operator: http://www.transcription-america.com/application.htm
    Anthony Lu: I filled out the application already.
    Qualifying Operator: Great
    Qualifying Operator: We will train you and bring you up to speed to the way we transcribe. We assign you your own personal trainer to do that. The trainer designs a program specifically for you. Based on your background, experience, and previous training. That way you don't have to repeat what you already know. Here's the guarantee: as soon as you are accurate in your transcription we move you over to 'live' work and you start getting paid right away by us. We pick up all the cost for training, your only investment is in the software itself.
    Anthony Lu: What hospitals / healthcare companies do you provide service for?
    Anthony Lu: Ok.
    Qualifying Operator: You may not need any training at all.

Three exams are given in the beginning and if you pass, then you are put to work immediately and start getting paid right away. You only need to be accurate according to our standards.

I am sure you will do just fine.

Qualifying Operator: ok
    Qualifying Operator: Let me help you with this...
    Qualifying Operator: As you read in the work agreement, the Special Internet Component is the total communication link between you and us. That's how you receive your work. That's how you send your work back to us. And that's how you talk to your personal trainer 'live' right in the program.

The Special Internet Component utilizes state-of-the-art techniques to ensure patient confidentiality and to keep all of the transactions and operations in accordance with the HIPAA regulations and guidelines.

Let me briefly explain how this whole process works and then I will answer your questions.
    - The software is the Special Internet Component.
    - It's $495 and you will need that for both the training and for the actual 'paid live' work.
    - Are you in the position financially to purchase the software at this time?
    Anthony Lu: Ok.
    Anthony Lu: Yes I have the financial capacity to purchase the software if I choose to.
    Qualifying Operator: Great
    Qualifying Operator: You can take the exams today...right after you install the software. The software is required to place the templates on your computer..this makes your job a lot easier.

Also, as part of your software download you receive samples of what your work should look like. You just match your work with the samples.

It is very easy. I am sure you will do just fine.
    Anthony Lu: Ok.
    Qualifying Operator: Can you start this week?
    Anthony Lu: I could.
    Qualifying Operator: Welcome aboard
    Anthony Lu: Can I ask a few questions?
    Qualifying Operator: Yes
    Anthony Lu: What hospitals / healthcare companies do you currently provide service for?
    Qualifying Operator: We provide to hospitals, clinics and doctor offices
    Anthony Lu: Please be more specific?
    Qualifying Operator: I am just an operator
    Qualifying Operator: I don't have any information about that
    Qualifying Operator: What other questions do you have?
    Anthony Lu: Why is it necessary to purchase your company's proprietary software just to work for you?
    Qualifying Operator: The Special Internet Component is the total communication link between you and us.
    Timing is everything! When do you think you will be able to get the software?
    Qualifying Operator: Please call the Corporate office at [protected]. The hours are 9 to 5 Eastern time Monday through Friday.
    Qualifying Operator: They will help you.
    Anthony Lu: Lol, a copy-pasted response.
    Anthony Lu: I wasn't born yesterday, man. They better pay you well to help them scam people looking for honest work. What legitimate company asks its prospective employees to pay for their [censor]-ancient software just to work for them? What legitimate company throws up Google Adsense on its homepage? Jesus [censor]ing christ, get a better job. I wouldn't be surprised if you're actually the owner of this ridiculous operation.
    Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

-----------------------------------------

As you can see, I didn't take the job.

• Ke
    Kerrith Aug 15, 2010

I too passed their "sample" test online, next thing I know I am getting a contract and all of the associated information, first of all if they think for a second I would pay nearly $500 just for the digital response let alone medical terminology and software monies, well their crazy. I need to add to my income not take away from it.I am an LPN and prior that worked in many Physician's offices, my command of medical terminology is pretty darn good and I have transcription experience.
    These people should be reported and stopped (like so many).
    BTW Transcription America and Transam are the same .
    Good luck everyone, these jobs are very hard to find.

• Th
    Theresa Hackett Fuqua Jun 21, 2010

HA! I just told the recruiter, Kimberly Carton, that I just couldn't rationalize paying to earn pay. I gave her this website and cited my reasons.

She still invited me to their web-conferencing and said I had some really good questions. HA!

Audacious! They must be really confident in their ability to verbally persuade you into paying anyway.

Good luck to those who were conned. Thank you to all those who were able to read the signs, and the posts before they bought and posted here to let the rest of us suckers know not to be suckered.

Yes, we all want to believe its possible.

I did stumble upon a good one that is a legitamite site for at home jobs, but unless you have the specific skills, there is almost no way to get a job

Good Luck!

• Di
    DianeEhrman Jun 14, 2010

I did get suckered and hope this will help. I did buy their program; I completed three groups of 31 dictation files each; took the test and (surprise!) did not pass. (Just to mention, I completed the medical transcription course fron U.S. Career Institute and received a 93% - A). Then I completed two more groups of 31 dictation files, took the test and guess what - because I did not upload it in "rtf" format (I sent it in "word" by mistake), even if Ipassed - even if there were no errors in my transcription, I won't pass the test . I have to complete another two groups of 31 dictation files before I can take the test again (each group can only be downloaded after ten days from downloading the prior one - therefore, I couldn't take the test for another 20 days). The person that they have dictate the test is apparently a southern man, who talks so fast that you can hear the drool falling out his mouth! I never knew that anyone could talk that fast and without taking any breath, just stumbling over the words. They set you up to fail. I am unemployed and I worked very hard to try to get in which this company and get some work. Right now, I just don't believe there is any company.

• Ti
    tigerneva Jun 04, 2010

When questioned about their business practices, the Transam representative became flustered and accusatory of me for questioning them on their business practices.

See the following conversation that I had with them.

Recruiting Assistant: Hello! Thank you for contacting Transam's Live Support. How may I help you today?

Geneva: hello. I would like to reschedule my interview please.

Recruiting Assistant: Good afternoon

Recruiting Assistant: I'd be happy to talk with you about the job interview with our company.

Recruiting Assistant: Where are you in the application process? Did you transcribe a sample for us yet? And if so, have you heard back from the company?

Geneva: Yes. I have transcibed a sample and I have been accepted. I also heard back from the company and the company would like to move forward with an interview.

Recruiting Assistant: This is your job interview. This is a guaranteed job!
    If you qualify, you work for and get paid by us.

This is hard work. Did you go to school for medical transcription?
    What working experience have you had?
    Tell me a little bit about your background.

Geneva: I have worked as an adminstrative assistant for 3 years. I have also worked in the medical insurance field for 3 years as well. I also have several years of customer service. I have not done straight transcribing before, but feel that my work in the medical insurance field - explaining to customers about their conditions and making sure that they understand how they are covered may help with my understanding the process of transcribing.

Recruiting Assistant: We will train you and bring you up to speed to the way we transcribe. We assign you your own personal trainer to do that. The trainer designs a program specifically for you. Based on your background, experience, and previous training. That way you don't have to repeat what you already know. Here's the guarantee: as soon as you are accurate in your transcription we move you over to 'live' work and you start getting paid right away by us. We pick up all the cost for training, your only investment is in the software itself.

Geneva: How much is the software?

Geneva: hello? are you still there?

Recruiting Assistant: You may not need any training at all.

I am sure you will do just fine.

Recruiting Assistant: The MT Professional is the total communication link between you and us. That's how you receive your work. That's how you send your work back to us. And that's how you talk to your personal trainer 'live' right in the program.

MT Professional utilizes state-of-the-art techniques to ensure patient confidentiality and to keep all of the transactions and operations in accordance with the HIPAA regulations and guidelines.

- The special software is the MT Professional..
    - Are you in the position financially to purchase the software at this time?

Geneva: No, unfortunately, I am not in a position to pay $495 at this time.

Geneva: Do you have a company intranet that I could log onto in lieu of purchasing the software?

Geneva: Are you still there?

Recruiting Assistant: We DO NOT expect you to have ALL the money right now. We will work with you.

The good news is that you can start your training today.

Recruiting Assistant: You may be wondering if we are a credible organization. Is this for real?

We are with the Chamber -- .and we are not just members of the Chamber of Commerce --- we are on the board of directors too. You can email the Chamber of Commerce.
    Chamber Member
    Chamber Email: [email protected]
    You can also know that the state of Florida has 'certified' Transam Associates as a valid legitimate corporation.
    Go to the Secretary of State for reassurance at this web site:
    http://sunbiz.org/corinam.html and search for Transam Associates
    We are listed with the Better Business Bureau and we are celebrating our 11th year in business. You are in good hands with us. We have over 200 transcriptionists all over the country. From Hawaii, Alaska, Canada and sprinkled all across the USA.
    You are in good hands with us.

Geneva: It looks like Linda Loehr has been doing this for some time. So, how is it that you will be working with me on the price of this software?

Recruiting Assistant: We want you to start this month. This limited opportunity of tuition FREE training has been extended to 5:00 pm. EST on June 13, 2010...
    - I don't want you to miss out on this opportunity. If you take advantage of this and sign up this month you won't miss out...
    - We need you to start in the next week or so...
    - Let me see what I can do.
    - Hold on...

Recruiting Assistant: There are payment plans! You pay $260 and you can download the software and start today. The balance can be paid later ... at your convenience.

The balance can be paid in the next month or two..hopefully as soon as possible.
    We will send you a reminder!

Click on this link and take a look:

Geneva: I see that you have control over the discount on the software, however, I am not in a position to pay $260.00. I've also noticed that payments go to the pinecrest address that you list. Is there anything else you can do to help with this? I prefer to work dept free.

Recruiting Assistant: There is another option. We have a "Lay Away Plan" which means that you will have complete access to the training department in case you have any questions and we will set aside your own personal copy of the MT Professional on terms which permit periodic payments for the software. Delivery is deferred until you pay the first $260. For example, you could pay $130 this month and then $130 next month. The remaining balance of $255 will need to be paid during your training before you begin your Group 2 practice files. Please note there are no refunds.
    Please note: The minimum payment is $130.
    I don't want you to miss out on this opportunity.
    Click on this link and take a look: https://www.mtprofessional.com/layaway.asp

Geneva: I have been looking at the bbb site and how found numerous complaints against your company. What is your response to the complaints filed against you?

Recruiting Assistant: Rather than just relying on the ratings section that the BBB provides, we recommend that you scroll further down the page and read the details concerning the actual complaints. In reading this detail you will see that in almost all cases the BBB was satisfied with our response to the complaint.

Recruiting Assistant: There are always two sides and the BBB requires that a company address every complaint in detail. They then make their determination based on having both sides, hence they were satisfied that we provided a valid response and addressed all issues in the complaint. Just because a complaint is lodged does not mean it necessarily has merit.

Geneva: I also see that you are not accredited with the BBB. What is your response to this?

Geneva: Due to the number of complaints against you, your company has a C- rating. What is your response to this?

Recruiting Assistant: BBB accredited businesses PAY A FEE for accreditation to the Better Business Bureau.

BBB accreditation does not mean that the business’ products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by the BBB, or that the BBB has made a determination as to the business’ product quality or competency in performing services.

Recruiting Assistant: The information above answers that question. We have responded to each and every complaint with the BBB and to the satisfaction of the BBB. Just because a complaint is lodged does not mean it necessarily has merit.

Geneva: There is something to be said about being accredited with the BBB. To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards. With a C- rating, would it not improve the image of the company and my possible employment if you improved your own situation by meeting their accreditation standards instead?

Geneva: Regardless of your history as shown above. I think that this deserves an answer independent of that.

Geneva: To gain accreditation you must:

Geneva: 1. build trust - establish and maintain a positive rating in the market place.

Geneva: 2. Advertise Honestly

Geneva: 3. tell the truth - honestly represent products and give adequate disclosures upfront

Recruiting Assistant: Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not PAID A FEE to the BBB. We have chosen not to pay the BBB to get a higher rating.

Recruiting Assistant: It is certainly an admirable goal for an organization to give consumers insight into how a company does business, but at the same time, every company, no matter what industry they are part of, should be treated and rated by the same standards as any other company regardless of the industry. This is where the BBB fails. If you would like to see what other companies feel about this same issue you can visit the following websites: copy into your web browser, i, e, Internet Explorer.

/URL removed/

or /URL removed/

Geneva: I did search those already which is why I am asking the questions here.

Geneva: Which is also why I expect real answers; not canned ones.

Recruiting Assistant: Those sites will give you information on the BBB also. We as a company have made the decision not to pay for accreditation. As the BBB states accreditation does not mean the BBB endorses or is evaluating our company. You would need to look at more than just the rating to get an understanding that we have responded to all complaints and the BBB agree that we have complied with that.

Geneva: Let me quote you: "It is certainly an admirable goal for an organization to give consumers insight into how a company does business, but at the same time, every company, no matter what industry they are part of, should be treated and rated by the same standards as any other company regardless of the industry. This is where the BBB fails." and yet it applies the same standards to every company. Those were the standards that I began to list for you before you cut me off and got flustered. Why do you not feel obligated to align yourself with these standards that apply across the board to other companies? Because of a fee?

Geneva: and yet you ask me to pay a fee to be obligated to you?

Geneva: no obligation to be professional, be transparent, be honest, be upfront regarding the product costs, or to honor promises? all because of a fee?

Recruiting Assistant: We have given you all of the information regarding our company and any costs upfront.

Recruiting Assistant: You are taking the rating on the BBB and making it your sole decision on whether we are an upfront, honest, professional company without taking into consideration that we have responded to those complaints and to the satisfaction of the BBB.

Geneva: No, I am asking a question. Your perception of me making this personal is incorrect.

Recruiting Assistant: Please review all of the information we have provided you, only you can decide if this opportunity is right for you. We are not accreditated with the BBB and that is a choice that each company makes. It should not be a reflection on our company as even the BBB states that it is not endorsing or evaluating a company. It is merely providing the consumer with information.

Recruiting Assistant: I understand that this is a personal decision and you need to do what is best for you. We indeed welcome you with us if you decide to proceed. If your decision is not to proceed at this time, we wish for you success in the future.

Geneva: Being that your discussion with me has at times been accusatory and at other times flustered due to simple questioning about the company and its history of complaints, I choose to not be an employee of yours.

Geneva: Thank your for the heads up look into my future with your company. It is much appreciated.

• Ne
    NELSON556 May 14, 2010

where is this company located

• Ne
    NELSON556 May 14, 2010

WITH ALL THESE COMPLAINTS ABOUT TRANSAM ASSOCIATES
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED?

• Km
    kmdi Apr 15, 2010

My boyfriend got an e-mail from them from hotjobs on yahoo. He found a full time job as an operator so he forwarded me the e-mail and I went ahead and did the test and sent it to them. They said I did an outstanding job and so forth saying I got an interview with an online chat. I went there today and they said I had to buy software to use for training and for the "live job". My boyfriend thought it was legit so I believed him and sent them $100.00 as a down payment so I can start classes now because I really need a job. They said I could do payments each month and when training was done before I got to start the "live job" I would of had to pay the full amount of $495 for the software. Then my dad said to google them and I saw these complaints. Is there anyway I can get my $100 back cause it was hard enough getting the money to pay them and now they even have my credit card number!!! Any suggestions please??

• Ia
    IAmXToThe10 Mar 27, 2010

Well, shoot. I got the email and did the translation, but i still had that funny feeling that it was a scam and all they wanted to do is get your money out of you. So, I googled her name and her "so called company status" and sure enought Scam Scam Scam Do not go here and do this!! I thought I was going to be able to find a job, but I guess I am stuck going back to the drawing board as well!! Thank god I checked to see if it was a scam do I didnt get myself stuck in a hole.

• Sh
    shouldveknownbetter Mar 23, 2010

This "company" is horrible, I found this company through YahooJobs and I'm sorry I did, they ask for $595, and claim they have been in business for 11 years, though through the BBB they have only been around since 2005, they can't even get their lies straight! I was nice in my email to them saying I did research the company and wasn't happy with the findings, if they could please remove me from their records, I didn't expect an email from them but they did get back to me, stating "We are opting out, DON'T email us anymore unless you want to be a nuisance". Did my ears decieve me? What jerks, and to think I was trying to be kind to them with my request!!! They are known for taking your money and then not sending you work, always research everything!! Lucky I didn't get suckered, they need to be closed down for being dishonest people taking honest peoples money. Make sure not to let your wife, mother, daughter or anyone who wants a stay at home job doing Medical Trascription go through Transam.

• Sh
    shouldveknownbetter Mar 23, 2010

Transam is a fluke! They are so interested in you and want you on their team, and make you think that your are the perfect match for this stay at home job. They wanted money right away, now its $569 much higher than a couple of years ago, the economy is bad and there has not been comments on this company in a while but now we are losing our jobs and desperate to find a reasonable salary to get by. I asked for time to research the company, when I did and found they had way too many complaints, I sent a very curteous email saying I have researched the company and didnt like the findings, could they please remove me from their records, they emailed me back saying that THEY are opting out, that I don't need to contact them any more unless I want to be a nuisance!!! I couldn't believe I tried to be the kinder one about this and how I would reply to them letting them know I wasn't interested anymore in a decent manner!!! I'm blown away by this, Im happy that I listened to my gut and researched these people, I am not as desperate as them to scam good peoples money, and will never stoop to their level, BEWARE when you hear about Transam, I will let everyone I know what happened to me so they will not get sucked into this horrible "Dream Job"!!!

• Dd
    ddbead Mar 12, 2010

They are a complete scam. Don't waste your money. They wouldn't answer any of my e-mails when I asked them to provide accreditation certificates or references. In fact, they misspelled "applied" when they responded to me, spelling it "appliced". This from a professional transcription service?? What a joke! They want your money, not your expertise.

• Mj
    mjpo Feb 18, 2010

I am very glad that I decided to check this company out. I am already certified, but am finding it very hard to get hired with no experience so I thought this would be a great place to start. Obviously, I was very wrong. Thank you to all who complained!

• Sc
    scottl2001 Feb 03, 2010

After reading the numerous negative comments on this board, I have to ask a question. Beyond the issiue of having to pay for the books and software, has there ever been a complaint that they do not deliver on their promises? They say you get certified, waive the tuition, guarantee work from home, at your own pace. Is there any sense that they do not deliver on this? Or is the only complaint the cost of the software?

• Du
    Duaghter of THE KING Jan 29, 2010

OMG
    I just spent all this money buying a laptop and was just going to pay for this schooling. I went to their product purchase website and tried to pay for part of the schooling only half up front but I kept receiving a denial on the processing. i thought this was strange so I went online to look up the company and found these postings. I freaked out called my bank cancelled my debit card and now have to re-order a new one. Wow, thank you for posting these truths you just saved me a tone of money. Does anyone know a legitimate company that does the trainning?
    Signed,
    Blessed MOM

• Go
    goodluck guys Jan 26, 2010

there are great jobs out there that you can do from home. westathome.com is a great one. also liveops.com, now liveops does want a fee for a background check, but they are legit. I know a few ppl that actually work with them. there is also 1-800 Flowers. These company hire just as any other company would. You have to pass a background check and drug screen. as someone said earlier, avoid those emails that have exclamation points in them. as a matter of fact, maybe u shud just avoid the emails all together, unless it's a job u know u personally applied for. most of the jobs that come thru some of those site without me even applying, i really don't pay attention to. i mean wal-mart has never just called me up and asked if i wanted a job, without me even applying.

yeah there may be some legitimate ones that contact you without u contacting them, but i really think it's rare. as far as medical transcribing companies, i can't help you guys out with that, i wish i cud(for myself also). im still typing b/c im still thinking...oh, there's also convergy.com<<<hope i spelled it right, teletech.com. and also many of these big companies that we have all heard of offer at home opportunities. Some of the airline companies, cable, satellite. a great deal of them guys, just check them out.

• Oc
    ocean22 Jan 15, 2010

When they asked for $450 for software, I was skeptical. I think I could have typed anything for the dictation sample and they would have been "very impressed."

My philosophy is this: any legitimate company in their position would be making their profit by getting people jobs, and if any software is required for that they could buy a company license policy for the software to make it available to their employees for free, like every other company I've worked for in the past.

They need to stop ripping off the unemployed. Greed is ruining our society.

• Ca
    Cathrinlynn Jan 05, 2010

I got the email today about learning to be a Medical Transcriptionist. It said it was from Hotjobs so I thought it was legitimate. I did the sample dictation and sent an email back to the recruiter, Kim something. But of course, I didn't feel right about the whole deal and I pulled up the company name and found all this. I want to thank each of you for telling your story and I am so sorry that you had to go through what you did. I can't believe companies can do this to people! Again thank you for saving me from making a huge mistake I can't afford to make... GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

• Ki
    Kim H Jan 04, 2010

Don't just tell them no or "opt out" via the link in the solicitation email. Mark this as spam. This is the only way that Yahoo is going to recognize these offers and start treating them accordingly.

Maxant12307 Dec 29, 2009

As someone who took this companies "bait" I can assure those of you that have started training with this company that they are legit. I started their training program in May 2008 and passed my third consecutive test in May 2009. I have been working with them ever since. They don't send me a ton of work, but I do get work from them daily. They have never promised a ton of work as a New Professional. That will come when you are moved to Professional status. They have high standards and to call something a scam as soon as you don't meet those standards is silly, I think. I can see how people get discouraged. I did, but I also stuck with it. They send me work everyday and a Christmas gift this year. How many scam companies do that?

• These people advertise through Yahoo Jobs offering transcription jobs, but they are crooks and thieves. Around 2002, I applied thinking it was a real job, but it wasn't. It is a school and you have to buy a very expensive program. I file complaints with just about every complaint board, but they didn't do anything about it. I even filed a complaint with Yahoo, but Yahoo kept on letting TransAm rip people off. Shame on Yahoo also.

• Dl
    dlmvegas Dec 07, 2009

Thanks for everyone exposing this company. I too got an email from these clowns after responding to an ad on Yahoo Jobs. I'm beginning to wonder about Yahoo jobs as well. Are there any work at home jobs out there that aren't a scam????

Also be aware of Medium Group Inc. (Medium Group Svcs.) and a Mark Price who sends emails on their behalf. They are also a scam.

• Li
    Linette Maplewood, NJ Nov 09, 2009

Thank you all so much for the warning. I like everyone else here almost fell for this scam, I am glad I decided to research this first. They are sure not getting a penny of my money. Thank you all for taking the time to make us aware of this companies fraudulent behavior.

• Mi
    MILLER, P Oct 23, 2009

well, i am glad i did some leg work on this company, i almost went for the whole deal, this is outrageous, how can these companies do this and continue to get away with it!! I have been trying to find a home based job for months and it's been a nightmare. If anyone finds one let me know and if i do I will be sure to get the word out. thanks again everyone who posted comments to prevent even one more person from being scamed!! paula m.

• Ax
    axelsmischief Oct 13, 2009

OK, here's what I've experienced. I did the sample dictation. I checked with the BBB, not only in Florida but on the National level. All has seemed legit so far...

You do have to buy the software in order to do the transcription. BUT: remember that anyone who is a contractor or working from the 'convenience' of their own home must have the proper tools to succeed. Yes, I did buy the software. Yes, it was almost $500 for the program. I consider it an investment. The software will work for various other transcription programs/companies as well. Yes, I did buy a foot pedal: from another transcription equipment company for a lot less and it works great. I still need to purchase a good set of headphones, and I have bought the Stedman's Medical Spellchecker to assist in correctly spelling the more difficult medical terms and drugs. It's an investment. Even if this doesn't work out, I've gained valuable experience.

I am enrolled in an online medical billing/coding course, and have completed an Advanced Medical Terminology course. Helped tremendously. Transam has offered their medical classes and textbooks should I need them, but they have not demanded that I purchase their products with the exception of MT Pro. In fact, the program can be purchased by a 3rd party software company as well.

I am in the mentoring program, have the 2nd set of practice files, and am working away at them. No, I am not paid for the practice files. I don't expect to be paid for them, I expect to be paid for live work. I have not qualified for live work yet, but I can see that I am progressing toward passing their 3 required tests when I am proficient in the practice files.

I have talked to their mentors both through their live chat and through email. They have been very helpful and have always answered my questions. Yes, I was skeptical at first. However, the mentors and tech support have always been there to help me out. I've been training with them since this past March. They have monthly newsletters for their 'subscribers' that include a lot more information than you'd think. And the newsletters are fun, enjoyable and enlightening!

Maybe they won't have work for me when I complete all of their practice files and pass their tests. But I do believe they are a legitimate company, and I have no qualms about the money I spent for the software. I think the experience is going to be well worth the $495 that I paid for it. We all know that you can't get a job without the experience, and a lot of times, your prior experience is outdated by the time you finish schooling. It's very difficult to find an employer that will actually hire you in an entry-level position nowdays. This gives me the opportunity of schooling and experience all in one package...

Thorough research and 'gut-instinct' says a lot about any internet venture you look into. Please use your best judgment. Some opportunities may sound too good to be true, and probably are. Others have very distinct possibilities. I personally think I made a wise decision to start THIS venture.

Shelley

• Al
    AlisonM Sep 28, 2009

well.. i almost fell for that crap too!!! i say thank you to whoever started this!! i was already putting money aside to pay for the first payment... there was something fishy about this too good to be true sounding job!! the only thing that sucks is that i was really intersted in this type of job... it sounds great to be able to work from home and do this type of work, but who out there knows of any legitmate companies that do this?? if you could please please let me know, i am really interested in doing this type of work. and i know there has to be some out there somewhere!

• Ap
    Apagano1 Sep 24, 2009

I went on BBB and there are complaints about TransAm Assoc...they refunded the money to the transcriptionist, but they do business in such a gray area that it borderlines illegal.

• Da
    Dani2880 Sep 24, 2009

Unbelievable! This world is becoming nothing but scam after repeated scam. I mean seriously, when one is looking for a job, the last thing they want to be bothered with is some pseudo company trying to get one over on them. I believe these job sites should make sure they allow credible companies to post jobs. I am really thinking about taking my resume off of these sites because it is becoming a freaking hassle getting e-mail after e-mail from these ###ed ### companies!!!

• Ms
    Ms. Suga Sep 22, 2009

I too received this email. Took all the necessary steps. So when it came time for me to talk with an live chat operator, I posed some very tough questions, only to be disconnected in mid chat. Right away I feel like this company is taking advatage of people. I feel like if I am to invest $495 of my hard earned money into a company's software especially a company I know nothing about, then they should be able to answer a few questions, no matter how hard the question may or may not be. I would advise people to seriously consider other options before signong on with this company.

• Sc
    Schmellis Sep 21, 2009

So lucky I read this ... dreams don't come true, especially this. Being unemployed and following the rigid rules of claiming unemployment I've noticed a terrible trend. CareerBuilders on MSN and HotJobs on Yahoo. How is anyone to know those two aren't part of the SCAMS. They have lists of jobs that match your resume and a disclosure at the bottom. "Knitting" for the United States Post Office or "cherry pickers" or "mechanic" are NOT in anyway related to my "legal" field. I live in Dallas so I don't need endless e-mails about job fairs in California! My computer, my livelihood, was completely hijacked and shut down by a Google Work At Home ATM offer from CareerBuilders. I had to call my ex-husband to repair my computer. I had to cancel my debit card. I was on hold for over an hour with GEXA re-applying for Auto Pay lest they discontinue my service. I don't know who to trust. Go to the Dallas Morning News to look in the classified. Guess where you'll end up? Yahoo's HotJobs. Seems you can't apply for a job directly with a company anymore. Sure do miss the old days.

• Ka
    K A Humphrey Sep 21, 2009

I too rec'd the job offer from Beyond.com for Transam Associates, Inc. I did the live chat. I told them I could not afford the whole amount right now, nor even half. I could only afford around $45/mth. They said they had other payment plans and would work with me. They asked if I could send $100 now and then $25/mth after that. I asked who would I contact to do that. They told me to send a money order to their addresss and include the 1st page of the application with my email address and phone number so they could contact me. I could send payment today (thru UPS, FEDEX or US Post Office speedy overnight service) and start tomorrow.
    I agree with one person so far in the complaints I've found on this board. And that is that they are from those who've not actually gone thru with the program, just complaining about the money they have to pay. No one has said they went through their training. Also my two cents worth. Thanks

• Md
    MD888 Sep 15, 2009

I almost took their bait ...I got suspicious when at the end of the contract agreement, they required a purchase of their software. Then I checked with Google. Lo and behold, all these complaints! These scam artists should be prosecuted, jailed, and banned forever because they are preying on hapless victims-housewives, unemployed Moms like myself who are trying their best to make a decent living. Much thanks to this site and to well meaning people who took their time to warn would be victims like myself in making a huge mistake.