Complaints & Reviews

Resolved who are they

Yes it sounds to good to be true. I didn't go far enough to get scammed... Thank God... but because there are alot of 'scams' going on in today's time, I make a point to go to the "whois" website to see who it is I am about to do business with. After several attempt trying to enter their web address in< transamassociates.com>, it could not verify the site. So I decided to Google for scams... and here I am...What a small world. Any way, good luck you all.

Resolved Possible Fraud

I contect this place from a legitimate job listing but because the information supplied was so vague I...

Resolved scam

I got an e-mail from Transam Associates about doing sample dictation. I am going to show you how i responded... "Thios story is about a woman with osteoporosis. She is on therapy for this problem and i need a job!!! So give me one and help this woman too!! I am a hick from hickville." That is how i sent my sample dictation went that i sent in to them. Funny huh? Not at all what i heard in the dictation!! Now, look at the response they had to that e-mail i sent... RE: sample dictation
From: Hot Jobs Recruiter <[protected]@transamassociates.com>
[protected]@transamassociates.com To: [protected]@aol.com
Date: Mon, Sep 14, 2009 8:22 am

Your sample has been accepted!

Hi!!

WHERE ON THE INTERNET DID YOU HEAR ABOUT US?

We have received your sample and it has been accepted as a true
representation of your work and worthy of moving forward.

You transcribed a digital voice file. Actual physician dictation may be
more difficult to understand.

If you need training, we provide tuition FREE training.

~~ If you have already been trained then you DO NOT need to go through our
training. You are ready to work for Transam in a real job. The only
requirement is that you transcribe accurately.

This is for an entry level individual.

We would like to see if you can train and work with us. You have the
FREEDOM to choose. You can transcribe any time during the day as long as it
is back to us by the next day. The only other decision is to choose which
days you are available. Special books and software are required.

All of your questions will be answered in the agreement.

Please reply to this email to review the application agreement.

We are looking forward to working with you.

Thank you.

Kimberly Carton
Regional Recruiter
Transam Associates, Inc.
3433 Lithia Pinecrest Road #303
Valrico, FL 33594

So funny, right? I made up the dictation and sent it to them, just to prove a point. Point proven!!! They are a scam. Why would they accept that dictation?? It was hideous...lol

Resolved SCAM

I too received the e-mail described by others. I am an unemployed accountant so I spend the vast majority of my time each day on line job searching.

After spending countless hours applying for jobs 100 miles from my home I began taking a closer look at all these "Great" Work From Home Opportunities. The first thing I did was google, for example : "What is Transam Associates" for every on line job opportunity I received. Advice I strongly encourage everyone to follow.

Guess what I have found! That I have yet to receive even "One" legit on-line or Work From Home job opportunity e-mail. Every google search reveals in some cases one to several "Positive Reviews" which I noticed are posted by the Company, or are associated with the company's, web address. Then there are the countless "Negitive Reviews" written by those that have unfortunately fallen victim to these "Low Life, Blood Sucking, Creeps" taking advantage of our vulneralbility in these tough economic times.

Keep in mind for every one person that takes the time to try to Prevent You from making the same mistake, there are hundreds that are to embarrassed to post it.

It is important to "Do Your Due Diligence" research before purchasing anything on line! Use this site it will point out obvious details that should raise an eyebrow for example:
when I was reading the previous posts regarding Transam Associates, I noticed that the So-Called Recruiter, on one of the posted sample e-mails, was "Kimberely Carton" well on my e-mail it's "Kimberely Carson" could it be a typo from a Medical Transcription Training Facility?? I think not! This one detail told me that this is clearly FRAUDULENT!!!

Remember, if it seems to good to be true "IT IS". If you have to send $ to get a job it is a "SCAM".

I would like to personally Thank this site and more importantly Thank Everyone that has taken the time to post their experiences. You have all saved me and I appreciate all of you for that.

• Ca
    CA job searcher Sep 23, 2009

Thank you for this post! I just rec'd this e-mail today, also from "Kimberly Carson." I saw all the 2007 postings of those who got hit by this...looks like this co. is at it again! Thank God for Google, and for all the other job searchers pi$$ed off enough to report this!
    Here is the link I rec'd in my e-mail: http://www.transamassociates.com/beyond2/default.asp
    Thanks everyone & good luck out there!

• Ka
    katbaby57 Oct 29, 2009

Thanks for the information, I too have recieved an email from Transamassociates.com to do transcriptions online. I did the test, yet I have not heard anything from these people.

Best regards
    Kathryn Jones

antares2434 Nov 12, 2009

All true and all so sad. I have not gone as far as to pay money. I never do. Just like with modeling etc. If they want you and you will be providing a service tht will ultimately bring THEM money while to are making it, you should not have to pay. What caught me was that the link that was in my email was highlighted in blue, like most are, but I could not click on it to take me to listen to whatever to transcribe whatever. I pasted the link on google and the complaint links was all the 1st two that appreared and looks like the only. I would love to work from home, but I have an awesome job already, I was actually looking for my sisters who are at risk of death if they don't change their jobs which is contributing to one's bad habit (weight).Seriously. If you guys live in the southern cali area and you might want to check if they have other locations, but my sis works for Aetna, the insurance company in the dental department and after 3 or 6 months, they give you an option of working from home. Pay is pretty good, benefits, time off etc and they provide you the computer, come to your house install everything you need, and pay for your internet service. She was in Thousand Oaks, but works at home in Los Angeles which is about an hour away. Good luck to you all.

• Qu
    queenduhart2010 Jan 25, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your complaint. I have been receiving e-mails from a woman named Kimberly "Carton" with transam Associates asking me to complete a sample dictation which I did, and today I have received an e-mail asking me to join a live chat tonigt at 8 p.m. I have been unemployed for about two years now and just decided to try working from home and since this so-called job opportunity came through yahoo hotjobs I thought it was legit but still something in the back of my mind bothered me about it so I decided that before I went any further I would research the company and I was led to this website. Thank god for people like you to warn everyone about these scam artists.

Resolved Fraud and abuse

I was sent an email from Transam Associates through hotjobs.com. I thought it was legit at first. Just do the sample dictation and they will pay for you to be trained and get you a job and you make slots of money. Right? Well, I am in sort of a desperate spot so I thought, wow, at least I can do somethin and from my home to make some money. Weel I started thinking that this sounded too good to be true. I typed in Transam Associates and found this site wwith all sorts of good information. Like they say, "If it sounds too good to be true, then it is!!!". No company I have ever worked required my to purchase software to work for them. I smell a dead rat here. Thankyou for providing this information and for protecting us from these scammers. They are taking advantage of people who are really need a job and are wasting thier time with this nonsense. There should be a law against people doing this. I am sure everything they are is legal, just not ethical.

• Ca
    Cathrinlynn Jan 05, 2010

I got the email today about learning to be a Medical Transcriptionist. It said it was from Hotjobs so I thought it was legitimate. I did the sample dictation and sent an email back to the recruiter, Kim something. But of course, I didn't feel right about the whole deal and I pulled up the company name and found all this. I want to thank each of you for telling your story and I am so sorry that you had to go through what you did. I can't believe companies can do this to people! Again thank you for saving me from making a huge mistake I can't afford to make... GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Resolved Work at Home - Med Transcrption Scam

I almost got scammed by this company just this week. I received an email earlier this week about Medical...

Resolved Scammers and cheaters

Attention all recession clobbered, out work, just trying to make the bills get paid people out there, I got ripped off, and it could yhappen to you. I made the mistake of signing up to be trained to become a Medical Transcriptionist with these people, if you can call them that. the people running Transan Associates are, surprise surprise, SCAM ARTISTS!

Like many others out there, I was searching for a way to make an honest living at home through the use of my computer and was contacted by Transam Associates via a Yahoo Hot Jobs Alert. These sub-human blood suckers offered me free training to become a Medical Transcriptionist, provided I pay for their software (MtProfessional) kit. I am not exactly internet savvy, but am also not stupid, and was just looking for legitimate work at home. I fell victim to their prey at first and put their software kit on 'layaway' and sent them $100 bucks. I didnt get an instant receipt right away like you should with any internet purchase, so I immeadiately got sick to my stomach knowing that I had probably just made a huge stupid mistake. I investigated, and sure enough I was right, and found out through blogs and the BBB that they are not legit. I tried calling these people and they wouldn't even acknowledge that they were who they claimed to be on the net, and told me that I kept dialing the wrong number, even though the number was clearly listed on my phone, and I had gotten their MtProfessional voicemail a few times before a live person finally picked up. She was unwilling to admit it was them and tried to tell me I was dialing wrong. I was given the ol blow off run around. I was ripped off and am writing a report to help any other individuals from having the same thing happen to them by these SCAMMERS.

• Ta
    tanya336 Sep 17, 2009

I want to thank you for this post because I almost fell for it. My sister had done it and just texted me and told me to stay away from this company. Thank God for her and you because I would have been ripped off. Again I can not thank you enough for this post. The one thing I always try to do before signing up with company is research it and this is one time I am glad I did.

Jane Gallagher Jan 14, 2010

I want to thank you along with the other complaints I have found about Transam Associates.
    I had hoped to get my certificate to become a medical transcriber only to find out that they are not legit.
    Now I can sign up at a local school and try and get my certificate on my own.

Jane

• De
    devnull Apr 28, 2011

Be advised - every entity mentioned in this post is a scam, view URLs at your own risk.

Transam Associates also does business (scams) with these web pages (spaces added on purpose):
    http://www. healthcare-employment .net/
    http://www. affiliated-healthcare .net/

Their sample.mp3 file also matches a sample from Transcription America over a year ago. Although the badly made web pages use different templates than http://www. transamassociates .com, their live chat links use the same site ID numbers, proving the connection.

The "software" sites ( http:// mtsoftware .org/ and http://www. mtprofessional .com/ ) are also badly made and feature the same chat link. The scammers in the live chat are unwilling (and do not even attempt) to explain why the support chat for a computer program links to a recruiting session/interview.

A sample of a chat I experienced is saved here:

Again, be advised - every entity mentioned in this report is a scam.

Resolved Fraud and lies

I got an email to be a medical transcriber from Transam. They are willing to give you free training and then guarantee you work once you finish their 'free' training. But of course, you need to purchase software for $495 in order to do the training and get your eventual work from them. Talked with an 'on-line representative' where you are able to ask questions about the training and jobs. The only answers I could get out of them was that the training is free, needed to purchase the software to enable me to train and eventually get jobs. Each time I asked how did I get the jobs once the training was over, I would get the same answer, 'this is a hard job, training is needed and we will guarantee you work'. Never was my quested answered on how I would get this work, or how much money you are paid. 'Do you want to purchase the software now? We could give it to you for only $260 down and the rest within a month. I hope people do not fall for this scam. It is really a shame that at this time when so many people are out of work and hoping to find something, that there are companies like Transam trying to take advantage of you. This is a scam.

Resolved Scam for buying their software - promise of a job

I almost fell for this, but I did not and I am so pissed at them for preying on desperate unemployed people...

Resolved Transam Associates on Beyond.com

The complaints are true! I found Transam Assoc on Beyond.com which is supposed to help you find job...

MALICIOUS LIERS

The poor reputation of Transam associates is now everywhere on the web. Not only do the cheat and rip people...

Resolved Fraud and cheating company!

I actually found this job on yahoohotjobs.com which would make one think it is legitimate. Wrong-they emailed...