Toyota of Brownsvillereturning a co-lease vehicle

D Dec 06, 2018

After divorcing my husband, we decided to return the vehicle we co-leased so he can have new vehicle in his name alone. Vehicle was turned in September 29, 2018 and payoff not made until November 27, 2018. (Brownsville of Toyota). Because bank had past due notices, it started affecting my credit because Toyota of Brownsville did not ground the vehicle or make the payoff on time (two months later). To dispute the credit issue, I need when the vehicle was returned and the payoff date to show I did not own the vehicle when payments were due. Toyota of Brownsville claims my exhusband (who returned vehicle without me) did not want me to have access to his new vehicle information. That's ok, I don't need that. I do, however, need when the vehicle I co-bought was returned (I legally am entitled to that information because I am on contract for that vehicle. Toyota of Brownsville is still denying me access to a vehicle I owned. My credit is affected and I need the dealer to document when they received the vehicle and when the payoff was made to dispute the credit error. Everyone at Toyota of Brownsville, general manager, managers, finance managers, finance consultants are extremely unprofessional and are not working with me to fix the issue. Is there anyone above the dealer I can talk to (and provide documentation) that can help me with this situation? Customer care says only the dealer can fix the problem (they are the problem) and that they only manufacture vehicle parts and only pass the word along. Someone please help.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices