Top Choice Localunauthorized credit card charge

I have an unauthorized charge for $199 on my Capital One Mastercard that comes back to this company. For some reason the phone number for them on my credit card statement is PayPals phone number. I've checked my PayPal account and no transactions for this amount or this company are on there. I filed a dispute with Capital One and they provided me with another telephone number for this company. When i called the number some guy answered the phone and i said why did you charge my credit card $199? This guy replys, "I told you to stop calling me, I have not charged your credit card". I said, i've never called you before, Capital One supplied this number for Top Choice Local. He say's "I work at Subway. I'm working right now. I have never heard of this company before and people are calling me with the same complaint". After filing a dispute with Capital One, they called me back today to say that there is nothing they can do because this company has my information. All the info on the card along with my information. I had told them that a couple of months before someone called me on the phone about doing some SEO on my website. I had given this person my information and the card information over the phone but shortly after giving the information I had searched online what this guy had told me and i found a whole lot of complaints. So i told this guy about it and his explanation was totally bogus. So i said that i had changed my mind, for him to tear up my information and that i was not interested. He became angry with me and kept trying to change my mind. I said i was not changing my mind. Over the next couple of weeks i received more calls from these guys. They kept trying to change my mind and i kept telling them NO, I'M NOT CHANGING MY MIND, PLEASE STOP CALLING. I do not remember the name Top Choice Local but i cannot find anything online about them. No BBB history, nothing. So i believe that this guy who took my information either took it to a new company and turned it in for a sale, or, they have changed their name and used it. Or maybe this is not even the company that i gave the information to. Regardless, TOP CHOICE LOCAL did not have my authorization to process this charge. I have called them at 4:15 eastern time and it was an answering service and all they can do is take a message. I am very angry at this point and i am going to fill out the contact form to have one of them contact me. I will report back on what happens. I am similarly angry with Capital One at this point and intend to file a complaint with the attorney general against Top Choice Local and whatever agency that regulates credit card companies. I will report back immediately when i get new information. Top Choice Local may be a legitimate company and were just defrauded by some crooked employee. We will see what they say about my complaint.

• To
    top choice local Dec 07, 2009

DON'T BELIEVE BRIAN TIBBETS he is a liar here is the proof read down below .../..

Hello Top Choice Local,

We are pleased to inform you that we have successfully disputed chargeback
    case #PP-[protected]. The buyer's card issuer has decided in your favor
    and within seven days you will receive reimbursement for $199.00 USD.

It is PayPal's standard practice to dispute wrongful chargebacks. One of
    the benefits of using PayPal is that our team of chargeback specialists
    will gather the necessary information from you and work with the credit
    card company until the chargeback is resolved.

We appreciate your prompt response to our request for information about
    this transaction.