Top Choice Digitalscam

A

SCAM ! I ordered a camera online and 2 days later i was asked to confirm the purchase by phone. When I called they "gentleman" said they are going to ship the camera at higher price as this includes "standard insurance". I rejected and said that I am paying only the price that I had at check out. Same thing happened when I tried to buy similar camera form Broadway Photo and HD Camera World and the person at top choice digital new about it. So it same scammers behind several on line retailers who are nothing else but fraud and time wasters. I tried to post negative review at www.everyprice.com where some of them are "trusted sellers" and ofcourse my review was not posted. This is just few people who have several on line companies and probably "work" from home trying to cheat whoever they can. Stay away !

• Mi
    Mike Oct 06, 2008

Top Choice Digital or topchoicedigital.com is a scammer. I ordered a camera 2 weeks ago. Before placing my order, I called to confirm they had the camera in stock, and that it came with all the accessories they described on their site and was described on the camera's manufacturer's site. The salesperson I spoke with said the camera was in stock, but that his computer was currently down and if I could place the order online.
    I placed the order online, buying one camera. When I received their invoice (email) it said tow cameras. I called to ensure I would only be charged and sent one camera, which they were able to change on my order. The lady was very persistent that I "needed" to buy a replacement rechargeable battery as the one that came with the camera was only a one use battery. Their price on the battery was ridicolous ($39). So I bought the battery on ebay, even got 2 batteries and the charger for $15.
    The batteries arrive, but the camera still has not. I called and spoke to their manager who said that the camera was not in stock, and they would ship out that day. Here we are a week later and still no camera. Now I call and they transfer me to a message, they won't even tell me the status on my order.

• Ba
    Bait and Switch Oct 10, 2008

Bait and switch sceme

I ordered a projector, was sent a email asked to confirm, then told that projector did not include a bulb! After adding that the price was higher then every where else.

sam Skaff Oct 15, 2008

DO NOT BUY FORM THIS A*HOLES. IT HAS BEEN A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!

Brian B. Oct 20, 2008

I wish I had seen this site before placing my order.

These guys are scam artist. I purchased a projector bulb. They never shipped the bulb. They never returned my emails or calls. And…When I got my credit card statemen; they had charged me double the purchase price. I am currently in dispute with them thought my credit card company.

• Te
    T. E. Oct 28, 2008

I wish I had found this site too. Found them on froogle, lowest price by far on a digital flash camcorder. Placed the order online then received a confirmation email indicating that I needed to call them to confirm my order. Found this a little fishy but called. Then a rude customer service guy tells me I need to upgrade my battery because the camera only has a 15 minute Li-Ion battery. I finally received the product, but now question whether or not the product is new or refurbished. Would never order from them again. It's worth paying the difference to find a legitimate provider.

• Gi
    Gigi Nov 01, 2008

Indeed, they are scammers. I ordered a camcorder online (lowest price anywhere), got the email to call and confirm... rude guy told me I must buy the extended battery for it (very pricey and there isn't actually such an option listed anywhere on the manufacturer's site and it would be impossible to fit a larger battery). So I didn't agree to take the battery. Then he told me they don't have in stock right now, will arrive only in a week or so. I told him fine, I can wait. Then he changed the price.

I had very similar story with Broadway Photo. Same battery story. But after me not agreeing to buy the battery, I was told the camera is actually the Japan version, so all menus are in Japanese only, and it was going to come with Japan warranty (!?!)

• Pr
    Preston K. Yelvington Nov 12, 2008

I agree ! These people should not be allowed to stay in business. Buyer beware! I have learned my lesson the hard way. Check sites like this before making an on-line purchase.

I was jerked around beyond belief but in the end was only out shipping charges for both directions. They sold me a used MacBook Pro. It had been a floor model in a large retailer. They did not have the sense to go into the computer to delete the information. I contacted the person that the the computer was registered to. He confirmed that he had sold it a few months ago and that it was a floor model for the better part of a year in his store.
    If anyone buys from these people after reading these complaints, they deserve what they get.

• Di
    dirksutton Nov 26, 2008

I too have had a frustrating experience with Top Choice Digital. I attempted to purchase the Sony DBP-S350 Blu-ray Disc Player for a the checkout price of $200 on 11/06/08. About a week had gone by with no confirmation, so I contacted them to check status. I was informed that their was no problem, but that the unit did not come with HDMI cables and I may wish to consider purchasing them. I advised, no, just please ship the unit. I was informed that it would leave that same day. I still haven't received the order, nor a confirmation, nor a tracking number. I am on the phone again with them now and it has 11 minutes of recorded messages... thank you for holding, we appreciate your business, we will be back in a moment.

I am submitting this message on 11/26/08. This is 20 days after I ordered my product from Top Choice Digital. If you feel the slightes bit compelled to purchase anything from them in an attempt to save $20, DON'T BOTHER!!!

• St
    Stacie Dec 02, 2008

I have apparently, also been scammed by topchoicedigital.com after finding them through Froogle. Would it be beneficial to alert Google that they are promoting a scam operation?

A week after placing an order online for a GPS system, they sent me an email saying that I needed to call. I tried to call yesterday and today, each time the line has been busy (!). I tried to email their [protected]@ and [protected]@ emails and got an undeliverable in return.

Then I found this site - ug. Worst fears confirmed. They haven't charged me yet so, I have since called my bank and canceled my credit card.

What d-bags.

Brian B. Dec 04, 2008

Top Choice Digital scamed me as well. I ordered a projector bulb and they billed me for two. They never shipped the one. I have filed a complaint.

• Dr
    drewtag Dec 08, 2008

THIS COMPANY ARE A BUNCH OF SCAM ARTISTS LOCATED IN QUEENS, NY SOMEWHERE.THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS.I HAVE CONTACTS IN THE U.S INS BUREAU AND WE ARE GOING TO PUT A STOP TO THIS FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY.I PURCHASED A ITEM AS WELL, GOT THE RUR AORUND..NO ITEM, NO REFUND...MY BANK AND CREDIT AARE WORKING ON GETIING MY REFUND..THEY HAVE NO INTENT ON SENDING ANYTHING...HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A ITEM??????IF EVERYONE WORKS TOGETHER..BETER BUSINESS BUREAU, INTERNET FRAUD AND EVEN INS..PUT THEM OUT...ANYONE???

• Sh
    sherman Dec 10, 2008

You can follow up be checking out the NYS Div of Corps:

TOP CHOICE DIGITAL ENTERPRISE LLC
    337 EAST 89TH STREET
    BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, 11236

TOP CHOICE DIGITAL INC. (aka Cameratopia 2001)
    ADAM CHENEY
    1709 65TH STREET
    BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, 11204

also read more here:

Broadway Family: dBuys.com, iBuyDigital.com, iBuyPlasma.com, RealDealShop.com, DigitalMegaStore.com, and CentralDigital.com; Time2Envy.com, Quest 4 Cameras, Quest4Cameras.com
    2931 Avenue S, Marine Park 11229
    The first block of names are the former Central Digital family. After moving to Edison, NJ they went out of business and the domain names resurfaced here as part of Broadway Photo. This address is on all those web sites. The eBay stores Time 2 Envy, LLC (Time2Envy) and WikiDigital*com are now operating out of this location. The newest addition is Quest4Cameras. The domain was registered in May 2007 and for many months they successfully cloaked this address. The only clue was on DealTime/Shopping.com they are listed as Brooklyn with this 11229 zip code. Now the BBB has this as another name for this location. All located here are part of Broadway Photo with merchandise shipped out of Broadway Photo's warehousing/distribution system. An interesting sidenote is this storefront was used many years ago by a long defunct Top Choice Digital.

here's a photo:

Mary Dec 19, 2008

Everything mentioned here is the same story as mine. DONT BUY FROM THEM. Don't buy from anyone who calls you back after you have ordered and they try to sell you a line of goods. They will never send you an updated invoice and they will charge you more than they tell you over the phone. If they revealed their hidden costs NO ONE would do business with them. If you call to cancel they will tell you it has already been shipped. If you ask for a tracking number, they will tell you they don't have access to it for at least 3 or 4 hours. That is because it hasn't been shipped yet.

They will try to ship you a package without requiring a signature so that they can collect their money. I fortunately had a relative who is a UPS driver and was warned to refuse the package. You have to catch the driver so he doesn't leave the package. Even though the amount they had sent to the credit card company was huge... meaning the value of my package should have required a signature to protect me and them...they were not asking for a signature. I waited for the UPS man all day and refused the package so it was sent back to them. It is a total nightmare. They are SCAMMERS. I checked with Canon and they are NOT an authorized Canon dealer so anything Canon probably black market or second hand and is not backed by canon. If there is No US Canon warranty in the box you have no warranty. Buy a warranty from them and it is only as good as their word and as we know their word is DISHONEST.

These people honestly should NOT be allowed to do business. I think every seller should have a section on their site that links them to the manufacturer to verify that they are an authorized dealer. If not...don't buy. Unfortunately that is not the case. Buying on line?... PAY ATTENTION TO THE SELLER RATINGS. THEY ARE THERE TO WARN YOU and PROTECT YOU. DON'T BE ENTICED BY LOW PRICES!!! Pay more and buy from the top rated sellers. I was duped and I will fight back.

• Fa
    fashionscent Jan 02, 2009

This company is rediculous.
    It is a joke really. I bought a new camera for my daughter from this company 10 days before Christmas. We were on vacation. 2 days before Christmas they call me and say they have to ship it to our billing address because of credit card fraud. So Christmas morning, my daughter did not have her main gift to open. We got back about a week after Christmas, and the camera still isn't here 17 days later. We called the company and they said they had yet another glitch sending it to our billing address and were going to send it a week from today.
    We ordered her camera and we are expected to wait 24 days before we get it when we paid for quick shipping? I don't think so.
    This company is a joke and I have had nothing but problems from them.
    I definantly would NOT recommend buying ANYTHING from them, unless you enjoy feeling like a second class citizen.

Jacob Jan 07, 2009

Purchasing was easy and the item was delivered within the expected time range. Great service and the item was in great condition. Would be more than happy to buy more from this site.

• Jj
    J.J. Jan 29, 2009

SCAM. Top Choice Digital offers good prices on "available" merchandise. However, when they call to "confirm" your order, they try to sell you accessories and an extended warantee. When I declined, they waited 10 days and cancelled my order by email, saying the product was NOT available from the manufacturer. When I called the next day, they said they could not get the product from the manufacturer. I pointed out that the product was STILL advertised as "available" on their website, I was informed that they were "updating" the website. Five days later it was STILL "available" on their website.

• St
    stay youth Feb 10, 2009

AVOID!!! Total rip off, Horrible customer service, they try to scam you into buying things that will not even work with your purchase. I bought a camera from them and they sent me a dead camera. The made me pay to ship it back and charged a restocking fee. I waited nearly an hour waiting on the phone for them to answer. Please consider paying a little extra and get peace of mind I would have gladly paid much more for better service. AGAIN AVOID at all costs

• He
    helsid Mar 02, 2009

I had a similar experience when I ordered a refurbished Garmin 2720. First I got a call, then when I got no confirmation of the order, I sent emails to cancel the order. The emails were returned by the system as undeliverable, I persisted and finally got emails delivered to cancel the order. They then replied that my referenced order# was incorrect, although it was in their header and it was correct, then finally after 2 weeks they said that they got my email too late to stop the shipment!!!

I have reported them to the credit card company as fraudulent.

DO NOT TRY TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AKA BROADWAY PHOTO

• Do
    Dominic Mar 29, 2009

What do I do if I ordered something already and its due here on Tuesday? I want my money back and wont even open the package. If I send it back are they going to refund the money to my credit card?? I feel so stupid!

• Lo
    lochnar Aug 12, 2009

I purchased a Nikon D90 dslr kit on Ebay for 1299.99. They called next day, offered "upgraded kit" and extended warranty for another $380.00. The Nikon D90 was advertised as "new/ never opened" in the Ebay listing. I paid $50 for two day shipping, this was a birthday present. I received an opened gray market Nikon D90 with a photocopied manual. I called their customer service line repeatedly never got through, endless hold. Finally called the billing department and demanded service. The woman I spoke with, Tammy, said it was a big mistake. They never meant to send me the gray market item. She promised to send me a "brand new, never opened, sealed in the box Nikon D90", with expedited free shipping. I paid for return shipping for the gray market item. Then they sent me another opened gray market Nikon D90. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe I fell for it twice either.

These people are bad mojo and I had to open a paypal claim to get my money back. My penance for this moment of insanity is to write a review about this, everywhere. I don't want this to happen to anyone else. I also reported them to the BBB, local internet fraud authorities and the I3C.

• So
    SoundAdvisor Sep 23, 2009

If you or someone you know has had problems with the above mentioned companies residing in the State of New York, you may contact the State Attorny Generals Office. The authority to monitor, fine and revoke buisness license resides there. The Office has branches in Brooklyn where the alleged buisness practices are originating.

Makai Mar 19, 2010

What shocks me is how they are allowed to use eBay as a front for such bad business. First - doesn't eBay care how much business these ripoff companies are taking "outside" of eBay? I got frustrated looking at eBay and called with a question. From there, I was bullyragged into placing an order, upgrading, and was actually yelled at. Should've been my first clue.

Time2Envy - aka Broadway Photo - manager is Jim Buck. Their phone number is [protected] and his extension is 512. He'll try to pass you off to a customer service rep, or tell you that is his role. He's the boss.

I have both Jim and Regina on recording (they were told I was recording) lying, trying to cover their tracks like cats cover their tracks in sandboxes. Same stuff.

After Regina FINALLY giving me a cancellation code (because I insisted on one) I received a notification they'd shipped the nearly $2500 order anyway. I hit the roof!

Not understanding the lack of ethics on the part of eBay. These slimebags get "Top Seller" ratings because you cannot find a way to comment unless you've successfully completed a transaction.

eBay says there are 3 ways to contact them in case of a dispute. Since I ordered over the phone... there's no record of a transaction through eBay, therefore they are unreachable. So, I guess you have to go through the total ripoff process to be allowed to even comment. How fraudulent!

I have filed a complaint with the A/G's office, but feel much more needs to be done to stop the electronic mills in Brooklyn. Are there no internet business laws to protect citizens? Let's find out!

Most interesting is the exact kit they could not fulfill (they didn't even have the standard lens to accommodate the camera of my choosing) is back up for bid, stating they have more than 10 in stock. They do NOT have the product in stock, nor do they intend to fulfill the orders if placed. I contacted Sony to get the specs on the replacement lens they offered (saying it was "virtually the same thing") and it does not fit the camera, reduces the capabilities, and compromises the quality. Not even a close replacement for the 18-70 promised in the package.

Fortunately for me, and unfortunately for Time2Envy... I have lots of time to write, write, and write some more. And, I fully intend to do so.

• Kl
    klovato Jun 06, 2016

These guys are rude, incompetent and extremely secretive about the names of managers and supervisors. I wonder why. The gory details involve me placing an order several times and getting a constant stream of emails about why they couldn't verify the order, despite or continued confirmation of credit card details, phone numbers, etc. The agents like Will and Brian are rude. They don't listen, the interrupt and are generally not interested in helping the customers. Clearly, business must be so good for Top Choice Digital that they could not be bothered to help me spend $1000 . Lucky Top Choice. In this times of economic crisis, they don't seem to want to earn the respect and confidence of customers. By the way, they would also not reveal the name of the owner of the company. First there were two, then three, then too many to name, then just one, Steven Davis. Apparently he can not be reached and is too busy to be concerned with customers. Good strategy. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. They may show lower prices but you get exactly what you pay for. In my case, I got nothing but a headache and a good laugh at this schlock house.

• Ba
    B&H supporter Jun 06, 2016

First: Cancel your order with Top Choice Digital and order from B&H.

I tried to order something from them and was extremely happy with my purchase until I got an email requesting that I call them to answer some questions to finalize the purchase.

They needed me to approve the billing address was different than the shipping (and it was) and make my bank aware. Okay... never heard of that before but sure.

Oh and by the way, would you like $150 in extras???

He claimed the batteries that came with the camera would only last 30 minutes and I HAD to buy better ones. But he would discount them for me.

And on top of that there was a 6% insurance cost that I was unaware of. It never came up on any receipt. And it's barely mentioned on their "About" page.

I should have read all of the other complaints associated with this place.

Better yet I should have just given my business directly to B&H like I usually do. I won't make that mistake again.

• Me
    Mercury Jun 06, 2016

My son bought a Garmin Edge 305 for me from these crooks. The usual email requiring a phonecall arrived and he didn't know any better. They told him that the battery life on the Edge was short with the heart rate monitor and cadence monitor going (complete rubbish) and sold him a long life battery kit. Firstly, the Edge DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A USER REPLACEABLE BATTERY, but what they actually sent was a simple AA battery charger and 4 batteries and charged my son about 3 times what it is worth. Avoid these guys like the plague. They also operate under Broadway Photo which was evident when they sent someone else's invoice with the Edge by mistake.

• To
    TomBot Jun 06, 2016

Unbelievable. Placed an order Dec 1. Then 5 days later, the item had still not shipped! and I got an email saying they need to 'verify' my order. I read online (after I placed my order) that they do this to every order so that they may try one of several ways to get more money... wouldn't let them upsell me, so he just let me get off the phone (he was capital R rude by the way).

Another 5 days later and someone, now from billing, wanted me to confirm my phone number. I was irate as it had been 10 days, and they still hadn't shipped it and all they keep doing to stall is confirming phone numbers, clearly as a stall tactic. She said, don't worry, it will absolutely be there by christmas. (a bald lie, as she has no idea), and that they would ship it today and I'll get a tracking number in the email today (a bald lie as none of those things happened).

In fact, another 5 days have gone by (15 in total) and without waiting for yet another email, I called them to ask what's going on? And he said, the order hasn't shipped yet. (ouch... i imagined saying, "sorry honey, i have no xmas present for you this year"). but he was nicer than the other two people i talked to and offered not to charge me a cancellation fee.

He told me it was oversold, and they don't have any. He checked with their supplier and said he didn't know when they would get any in, but still promised I'd have it before christmas. When I asked how he could promise it when he doesn't know when or if they'll get them in? He offered to cancel it at no fee.

This guy was nicer than the other two. I really appreciated that. He also offered to send me a color I didn't want at no additional charge. That was nice, and I appreciated him waiving the extra charge for the color I didn't want, but instead I opted for the disappointed-customer having to cancel.

One last thing is when I told him the woman at billing told me it would ship last week he laughed and said, "yeah, like they're competent in billing"... That was not a good thing to hear from the customer service. That they're own billing staff is incompetent. These were their words, not mine. But I'm inclined to agree.

Bottom line: I'll be checking my amex receipts very closely. And writing as many reviews as I can to save the innocent people out there from these chaps.

Bruce Menges Jun 06, 2016

I am very disappointed in this company. I ordered a digital camera 8 days before Christmas,
    and after communication issues between the billing & shipping departments (which took about 3 days), I'm still awaiting my shipment three days AFTER Christmas. I paid an extra shipping fee to "guarantee" a three-day delivery (after the three-day company flail), which was a complete waste of money. Unless the company offers some form of compensation, I strongly do not recommend this company for online purchases.

• Jd
    J. D.uffy Jun 06, 2016

I ordered a gift from Top Choice Digital on December 12, 2008 and on the 16th it had not been shipped, so I called. The day I called I was told it was waiting to be shipped, after which I checked the status online again and it said it was in the warehouse waiting to be shipped. I am assuming the customer support staff changed the status to make me happy. I checked the status daily up until today, December 23, 2008 and it was STILL ready to ship. I called and after speaking with 4 different people I was able to cancel my order. The service was horrible and I located the product at QVC.com for a lower price and with the overnight shipping rate I still got a better price. My advice, skip the hassle and order whatever you are looking to purchase from ANYONE else. I think Amazon.com is great as well as many other online retailers. I have completed 90% of my Christmas shopping online and the ONLY company I have had a bad experience with has been Top Choice Digital/topchoicedigital.com.

Thanks

P.S. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH TOP CHOICE DIGITAL!!!

• Ho
    houstondude Jun 06, 2016

Oh my God. This company stinks of typical scam artistry. Domestic versus import models, manufacturers warranty
    versus the "Top Choice digital" warranty. I ordered a Sony digital camera and cancelled my order before it was even
    processed because when I called to expedite the order, the guy told me that my camera comes with a 30-minute battery
    and that they sell an extended warranty battery that would work with my camera. A bunch of poppycock and b***s**t.
    Do yourself a huge favor and DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. They can afford to sell stuff
    slightly cheaper than other places on the Web because they are making money on the back end by substituting crappy
    accessories and parts for factory equipment and then selling it at a lower price. I am glad I checked out the reviews on
    this site before my order was processed.