Too Lazy Text AlertsCell Phone Charges

H Review updated:

Every month since April we have been getting charges from Too Lazy Text on our ATT bill. We never asked for these alerts. We have sent stop text messages to them and emails and they have never replied to anything...and still we are being charged. We tried to call them, but there is no person...just a recording telling us to text or email them. Go figure! ATT put a purchase block on our phones but due to my husband having an iPhone, they said they cannot put a purchase block on my phone so I will have to continue to spend my time on the phone with them to get credits every month. I have spent at least 4 hours a month on the phone with ATT since April and this last month, I have already spent 6 hours on the phone with them arguing with reps that said they wouldn't turn my phone back on if I didn't pay all the charges even though they saw a credit that was approved, just not applied yet. This has been such a headache! How can these crooks get away with this?

• S
      Jun 01, 2009
    Too Lazy Text Alerts - charged without permisson
    Crestwood
    Kentucky
    toolazy.net

I think that if you do the IQ Quiz it should have to tell you in order to get your score it charges a 9.99 monthly charge and that it is a subscription. This is just a way to ripoff and that advantage of people by not giving and fun facts is also attached to this somehow and also rips you off for another 9.99 this should be illegal.

Sheryl Steele

• N
      Jun 02, 2009

call your phone carrier and they will cancel, block and may reemburse you they can also tell you if your number was sent to any other sites that may have already charged and textd you.

• C
      Jun 06, 2009
    Too Lazy Text Alerts
    Texas

This company has been billing my mobile phone monthly. I did not subscribe and have not even been getting any texts from them. Who are they??

• M
      Jun 07, 2009

Keep getting charged for this garbage that i never signed up for or agreed too.

Jun 10, 2009

Unfortunately I've also subscribed for this ### before I knew that they will charge me $ 9.99 monthly. I just entered my info to get IQ score and then I got shocked with the deduction in my credit. Therefore, I sent them a message to unsubscribe and they replyed that I hev been disconnected from this service and I'm not going to be charged again. Then, just few days later, I found that they charged me agin and I do not know what to do. please let me know ([protected]@hotmail.com) if you have a solution. Thanks

• T
      Jul 23, 2009

To Lazy Text has also been charging me and I have never received anyhting from them. I think this is a big rip off and I requested my money back.

Jul 25, 2009

I completely agree I had no idea I was being charged for taking a stupid quiz, I guess it tells me what kind of IQ I really have. Pam

• R
      Jul 27, 2009

I have also been getting charged for this and did the STOP thing but still being charged. I have notified ATT and also doen another stop. Hopefully this will stop!

• B
      Jul 30, 2009

They sent me an email saying that my friend had taken the I Q test and wanted me to take it. I found out later that she never took the I Q test and that they SPAMED me. I told my space about the scam and they said it was out of there hands if so why dos my space let them put there adds all over the place the only thing you can do is tell your cell provider that your not paying the charge they will take it off your bill and back charge Too Lazy LLC

• J
      Aug 05, 2009

i was charged, i sent the stop text, then this month i was charged twice 1998 for some service i don't remember signing up for

Aug 26, 2009
    PO Box 384
    Waverly
    West Virginia

I accidentally clicked something and received an 9.99 charge for ringtones. I immediately texted stop to number provided. Not only was I charged for 0ne month I am STILL being charged.

Sep 15, 2009
    Too Lazy Text Alerts - wont stop
    too lazy text alerts

I have repeatedly text STOP to these people and they quite sending the messages but still billing me for it. I use one of my sister in laws cell phones and neither of us can afford to pay this and now its caused a conflict with my family in law she won't even baby sit my kids now when i'm working so i need this taken care of promtly please ASAP.

Sep 15, 2009

Too lazy alerts is a scam and i didn't even sign up for it and continue to text stop to them and they still keep billing me for it. There a real piece of work and I will tell everyone about how there dishonest and a joke.

• L
      Oct 22, 2009
    Too Lazy Text Alerts - Charges
    Too Lazy
    toolazy.net

We got our cell bill for the month and noticed a too lazy text alert for 9.99 that no one in our house hold could explain. Read up on it on the internet and found if you take certain quizes or other junk that could be popular to myspace, face book, and others, they can sign you up for a service that you may not even recieve such as in our case. Never got any "fun texts" and never signed up for this period. Oh well. They got their money anyways. America for you. Oh and to top it all off, who's not to say someone that's mad could use your number to sign you up for things on the internet? Raises an eyebrow huh?

• K
      Dec 15, 2009
    Too Lazy Text Alerts - Fraudulent Charges
    Too Lazy Text Alerts
    California

I think someone entered my cell number into some kind of online scam and now I've been receiving $9.99 charges on my cell phone for over a year. I went through the instructions to stop the texts (by texting STOP to their "code" as it states on my AT&T bill) and figured that had resolved the issue. When I checked it again (months later, my mistake) I noticed they were STILL charging me! I would have let it go if they had stopped it when I originally texted "STOP" but since I didn't sign up for this in the first place, now I am REALLY angry and I want all of my money back. These people are slime. I have the proof, but I'm not so stupid to put a cell phone bill with my account information out on the internet.

• L
      Jan 12, 2010
    Too Lazy Text Alerts - Unwanted subscription
    Too Lazy
    Neptune City
    New Jersey

My daughter inattentively subscribed to too lazy text alerts by replying to an ad text. We have been billed $10 every month for that. I have attempted to unsubscribe multiple times by following its instructions on replying via a text message, but until now I still am being billed every month. I have complained to AT&T about this matter but they cannot do anything since "this is not part of their company" even though its using its systems and are being allowed by them to send these subsciptions to "AT&T costumers".

• R
      Jan 12, 2010

change phone numbers on ur mobile

Mar 21, 2010

I have this problem too! I check their domain registration:

Domain Name: TOOLAZY.NET
    Registrar: MONIKER

Registrant [594742]:

Administrative Contact [594742]:

Billing Contact [594742]:

Technical Contact [594742]:
    Phone: +1.[protected]

I plan to start bombarding them with emails and phone calls.

Mar 22, 2010

The scammer's contact details:

(Cyrus)

Mar 29, 2010

I received 3 months of charges back by my wireless carrier who also block too lazy text alert from any future problems. Everything is fine now! Someone REALLY needs to get these scammers!! I am still working on it.

• J
      Jan 13, 2011
    Too Lazy Texts
    Roseville
    California

Too Lazy Text alerts started charging my daughters cell phone. She did not sign up for this (nor had authorization to do so). She has repeatedly replied STOP and they keep charging. We did not sign up nor can we stop them for charging. How is this legal? Anyone can charge our phones and we have no recourse. The mobile service says it's a third party company and they have no control. This is ridiculous. How can we stop this?

• T
      Sep 10, 2011

I just filed a complaint with the FCC. This company has been charging us for 3 years and we just realized the $9.99 charge that snuck in our bill. AT&T was not helpful, nor did they provide us with any information on this company that has been charging us via AT&T. How can AT&T provide a random company with their customer's money and not know who they are? How does AT&T know they are not financing something illegal- which I'm pretty sure this "Too Lazy" company is. I would suggest filing a complant. Most likely your phone company will tell you they can only refund you the amount that has been charged in the past 90 days. Fot us that doesn't cut it since we've been charged over $300 so far by this company. Some criminal is getting rich off of sneaking these charges in our phone bills and AT&T is just as guilty if they are allowing it and not questioning it. If I were doing business with a company, especially one I was providing access to my customer's through, I would certainly know who they are and what they do. BTW- I looked up complaints from this company and they date back to early 2009. How could this have gone on SO long and it is still happening?!