Tom Wood FordWorst car dealer in Indianapolis

I bought a $32 replacement key for my F150 truck at Tom Wood Ford. Approximately 18 months later the top of the plastic key broke, preventing me from keeping it on my key ring.

I took it to Tom Wood Ford, acknowledged it is a petty little thing, expecting a replacement key.

I was told I could have one for $32 since this one is out of warranty.

I agree that it is out of warranty but some things just don't and shouldn't break. I have similar Toyota keys that are 8 years old now and going strong.

Some businesses don't realize that trivial little, inexpensive things can make or break long term customer service. Had this key been replaced I would have thought Tom Wood goes above and beyond. Now I look at this as indicative of the service I can expect when something important comes up.

There are lots of other car dealers in Indianapolis. I will spend my money at one of them.

• Fe
    FED UP 24 Apr 09, 2015

The previous post was upset about a 32 dollar key, if you make the worst decision about buying a used car and go to Ed Martin Nissan on Shadeland, you will really have something to cry about. By far my WORST experience trying to buy a car EVER and I have purchased many vehicles. Long story short, the finance department will rape you . Have you ever heard of a rebate for a used car ?They will try that one on you, then ask you to just sign a green piece of paper. Look carefully at that paper there are two boxes that could be checked however neither of them are checked, If you just sign as they ask you to after you sign all the other papers they will go back and check the box that says the rebate should go to the DEALER !!! They just stole your rebate.They will also say that you HAVE TO USE NISSAN CREDIT TO GET THIS PHONY REBATE. They will then sign you up for a 72 month term and at a higher interest rate than you can probably get on your own. BUYER BEWARE ACCOUNT FOR EVERY DOLLAR BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING. BETTER YET DO NOT EVER GO TO THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE .If you know anyone who has bought a vehicle from them tell to go over their agreement VERY CAREFULLY . Scoot Haymeyer sales, Mark Clouse finance, Todd Reiselman general manager THEY WILL ROB YOU WITHOUT EVEN USING A GUN, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!