9:30 AM - 9:30 PM

TJX / T.J. Maxx / an employee

An Mar 20, 2019 Review updated:

I'm writing a message because I had a horrible experience in the TJ Maxx on Sunday March 17, 2019 ( 3670 McKinley Pkwy, Buffalo NY) I walked over to the makeup section and I looked up and I saw this employee who I didn't get her name but she was an Asian lady who looked to be in her 30s-40s and she was watching me very sternly for some reason. I always check the product to see if it's damaged or broken before purchase if I like the product. I would NEVER buy something that is damaged nor would I even think about touching a makeup product because that's horrible. But I was making sure some items I was interested in weren't damaged and this lady comes up to me and very rudely was telling even raising her voice at me to stop and she was saying how I couldn't do that. She also said how they don't have testers and I can't test the makeup. I told her I wasn't testing anything and I had to make sure the product was not damaged. She still kept accusing me of testing when I wasn't; I had to walk away from her because of how humiliated she made me feel when I did nothing wrong. Most makeup items are damaged because careless people touch them but I do not and I would never do that. There were people around and she embarrassed me when I did nothing wrong. She was extremely rude to me and there were other people around that were doing the same exact thing! But she only came up to me. I am an 18 year old girl and I also have pink hair. I feel like She stereotyped me because I have colored hair thinking I was testing the makeup when I was only making sure nothing was damaged. The actions that were made towards me humiliated me and I'm am beyond upset that an employee would act this way towards a customer. A response to this horrible, humiliating, and disgusting experience would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• We
      21st of Mar, 2019

You can't open packages of makeup before purchasing them. By doing so, you have now damaged them for someone else who may have otherwise purchased. You can check your makeup at the checkout counter and if there is an issue, you can immediately exchange it on the spot.

• Um
      21st of Mar, 2019

You can't expect Estee Lauder treatment from tjmaxx.

Realism! Logic.

PS: r is right. Your parents didn't raise you to be responsible or respectful.

• Um
      21st of Mar, 2019

You just admitted that the clientele of tjmaxx are careless (I use inconsiderate and stupid) with the make up. Why would you even attempt to go make up shopping there???