Timeshare Division GMACFalse Promise, etc

H

This guy named Mr. Martin was calling me for months, saying that they sell timeshares face to face, the way I bought mine. I told him I listed my properties with two other timeshare resellers with not even a call back. He swore up and down that he GMAC Timeshare was different because they had buyers from companies coming in and that he could get rentals done if not the sales done almost ASAP. Of course, he and his manager stopped answering phones and Mr. Martin said he was sick and out of the office after I called so many times.
Don't waste money listing with any of these timeshare resellers. I've tried three of them and they haven't presented ANY offers. If they want money up front to LIST, tell them screw themselves.
By the way, after listing with Timeshare GMAC, I received two phone calls from other resellers. THIS IS A SCAM IN FLORIDA.

• Hc
    H.Cook Dec 10, 2012

I too was called by this Mr. Martin several years ago. Same old story... he had a buyer, closing would be in about 45 days. I would get all monies that I gave them at closing. Since I was gullible and believed him I gave GMAC $1, 875.00 then the fun began. I would call, he would say things are moving along good. Then 45 days later nothing, always an excuse why deal fell through. This went on for months and months talking to many guys. Then couldn't get anyone to return my calls. Finally I gave up.
    Now I am with a company who says they will help me recoup my money. We'll see. I am so disillusioned with all these timeshare companies. Do not ever give anyone money up front.

• Mr
    Mr. Belvidere Nov 28, 2011

Ha! Tara West is also my "Marketer". Nothing. I was told it should be done within a few weeks, and here we are almost 5 months later and nothing. This is ridiculous. What a scam...

theyam May 13, 2011

GMAC time share division is a big scam and fraud.

• Si
    Silvertip Apr 14, 2011

I agree that GMAC timeshare division is a major rip off. Unfortunately, we signed up in July of 2009 for them to rent our two weeks. We have not received one phone call in return. If you leave a message they simply ignore it. My advice is don't be taken like we were. You would have better success listing it in your local paper.

April 14, 2011 Silvertip

Matthew Thomas Dec 19, 2010

Pissed off employees are complaining about GMAC. I don't see any type of scam with this company I have 5 time shares that rents through this company and I love it when they send my a check each month for 1500.00... If you people think GMAC is a scam then go else where and let them beat you for your monies, we are happy with the checks we are getting thanks GMAC

• So
    South Texan Dec 04, 2010

We (very stupidly) paid Timeshare Division GMAC in Orlando $1, 000 to "market" our timeshare for rentals. We paid in April and still no action by November. Perhaps I'm the only complainant who placed any value on "name recognition." GMAC -- General Motors Acceptance Corporation -- has been in business for decades, and we thought that Orlando's Timeshare Division GMAC was associated with GMAC. Even the logo is similar. NO dice. It's all a fraud. Our money has been refunded, thanks to Visa, but these people really should have to shut their doors. The real name of the company, by the way, is CHL Marketing, Inc.

• Ti
    TIRED LADY Sep 01, 2010

ON OCT.2008, MR. EDGAR CARRASQUILLO CONTACTED ME, AND FOR A WHOLE MONTH HE PRAISED THE ADVANTAGES I WOULD HAVE IF I LET GMACTD HANDLE THE RENT OR SALE OF MY TIMESHARE:
    1-THERE WOULD ALWAYS BE A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY ON THE SITE.
    2-I WOULD NOT HAVE TO BOTHER WITH ANY OF THE DETAILS OF THE SALE.
    3- HE GAVE ME A HUGE RATE AT WHICH THE PROPERTY WOULD BE SOLD.
    4-HE BRAGGED THAT THEY ALWAYS SOLD THEM IN 3 TO 6 MONTHS.
    5-HE EVENN TOLD ME THAT THEIR INTEREST IN THE SALE WAS LENDING THE MONEY TO THE BUYERS.
    ON NOV 7TH 2008, HE PRESSED ME TO PAY $998.00 BECAUSE THEY WERE HAVING A CONVENTION AND HE WAS SURE HE COULD SALE MY VILLAGE THAT SAME DAY.
    ALL THESE WERE TELEPHONE CONVERSATIONS, AND WHEN I ASKED FOR A RECEIPT THE NEXT DAY, HE SENT ME SOME PAPERS TO SIGN, BUT NOT A TRACE OF WHAT HE HAD OFFERED ME WERE IN THEM.
    I NEVER SIGNED THERE DISCLAIM SO I WAS NOT BOUND BY THERE CLAUSE SAYING THAT I HAD TO ASK FOR A REFUND IN 7 DAYS OR THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY. THE 7 DAYS AND MORE PASSED, AND HE NEVER ANSWERED MY CLAIM OF NOT SEEING ANY OF THE THINGS HE HAD OFFERED IN HIS PAPERS. HE STOPED ANSWERING MY LETTERS AND MR. FRANK MARTINEZ SAID HE WOULD HANDLE MY AFFAIRS BUT THAT I HAD TO SIGN THEIR "TERMS AND CONDITIONS" WHICH WERE THE COMPLETE OPOSITE OF WHAT I HAD AGREED WITH MR. CARRASQUILLO, WHO SINCE THEN HAS VANISHED. FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN SENDING LETTERS ASKING FOR A REFUND, AND ALL THEY SAY IS THAT I HAVE TO SIGN THEIR CONTRACT IN ORDER FOR THEM TO SELL MY PROPERTY.
    NOW I KNOW THAT I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS FOOLED BY THAT COMPANY.I THINK WE SHOULD ALL SEND A LETTER TO WWW. MYFLORIDALEGAL.COM TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL MR. BILL McCOLLUM ASKING FOR HIS AID IN THE REFUND OF OUR MONEY IN COMPLAYANCE WITH THE NATIONAL CONSUMER PROTECTION.

mexicanwhite Apr 24, 2010

would just like to inform you that my bank BofA just confirmed that my case is now resolved and my credit for the amount of $945 usd is now permanent. Well done to them and me as I really did provide them with a plethora of evidence and am glad to see that sanity has finally prevailed. Good luck to all and remember if you are conned and there is a credit/debit card involved then take it up with the issuing bank and pressure them and support them and you should like me have your monies refunded.

mexicanwhite Apr 17, 2010

how did you pay ? if by credit/debit card then take it up with your bank and put thge pressure on them and advise them of all the issues regarding these companies including pointing them to this website. Good luck !

• Jw
    jwp Apr 17, 2010

I have been ripped off too by Premier Market Solutions. After several attempts, I was finally convinced to pay them money upfront to sell my timeshare in Orlando. They did contact me, but only to try to get me to sign their contract, which I never did. After having fallen victim to many other timeshare selling scams, I have decided to try to get my money back from some of them, particulary Premier Market Solutions since I have never signed their contract. It has been difficult with them, but I do not intend to give up. If need be, I will take them to court to try to get my money back. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get our money back from those thieves?

• Aw
    Awakened Apr 12, 2010

I feel stupid, too, and at least am relieved that I'm not alone. Don't give up. Maybe there's still hope, if the state of Florida is in the process of investigating them. Positive thinking can't hurt. Right?

• Sl
    sloqlts Apr 09, 2010

Here is more to add to your list. Tom Galati @ GMAC was my contact. they got 499.00 Timeshares Only Gabrial 598.00 US Time Management Jennifer Meyers 300.00 Buy A Timeshare Debbie Elliott 649.00 Premier Market Solutions 695.00 Richard Young, Michael Scott, Timothy Williams Sales Manager = Total 2741 of SCAM . These were done all at different times. Yes they all have the same line and will say the others are frauds but they are not. They give you numbers to call to check with BBB yes they are all in Florida. I consider the money lost due to stupidity. I have never heard from any of these places again. I have called GMAC since that was the last one but I signed a contract. I'm moving on. I wish I could get the money back. I still get calls and I like to harass them for a change.

• Aw
    Awakened Apr 09, 2010

I had the same experience, and share your feelings. There are some suggested websites for possible help that others have posted. One website has to do with Florida fraud. Apparently, the state of Fla is investigating GMAC time share division. I'm hoping we can get our money back. Hang in there. This is very maddening and frustrating!

• Ku
    kudomax Apr 08, 2010

I got ripped off too. My wife and I separated a year and a half ago and I ended up with our timeshare. I was and still am having a hard time making ends meet, paying child support and starting to build a life all over again. I got a phone call from GMAC making me all these promises about selling my property. It sounded like a great idea, I had no money to even go on a vacation, so why not sell the thing and have some money to try to get myself set up with a few things that would make it more comfortable for my children to come and stay with me. It cost me $900 USD (which I had to borrow) and I hadn't heard from them again until I got a phone call from them about a month ago asking me if I would be interested in selling some of my unused points. When I told him they had my timeshare listed for sale there was silence, then I was told I was being transferred to another agent, then all I got was a dial tone, the weasel disconnected me. I still have my timeshare, can't afford to use it, I've had points expire that I didn't use, meanwhile these crooks have my $900 that I could desperately use. If anyone has any info on how to get my money back, or of a legitimate company that can indeed sell my property (Summer Bay Orlando) please let me know ([email protected])

• Gr
    Greg from Ohio Apr 07, 2010

I was not as fortunate as you Bart, I paid GMAC a $1000.00 and never heard back from them.

• Ba
    Bart in Kennesaw, GA Apr 01, 2010

A lady at GMAC called three times before we made contact (I was not homw the first tow times). I heard all the same 'pitch' that is recorded in the statements by others here. Thank you ... thank you ... thank you! I was actually considering doing this, but now that I have been educated and enlightened by the comments of those who have been scammed, I will not do anything with GMAC. The upfront $798 was a gigantic turnoff so I told this lady that I wanted to think about it, and, to talk to my wife before making a decision. I went searching and found this site, very fortunately for me. I saved $798 and a load of headache over being stupid. I am thoroughly convinced, by all that the rest of you have written, that this is nothing more than a ripoff and a scam. Again, thanks!

• I worked for GMAC also, it is a scam

mexicanwhite Mar 24, 2010

frankie Martinez and GMAC are shysters. I received a call from this guy badgering me to use them i told him several times to send me the contract to look over and the next thing is they've charged my card which i had asked them to send me the contract first for review. I rang to complain but he kept saying i was at fault he was doing what i had agreed even though i expressed myself more than once for them to send me a contract. When i reviewed my bank a/c they had taken the $950 charge/fee. I followed up with a complaint and even asked them where the contract was ? I received one after this request to which i cancelled it the same day and sent it back to them. I have tried several times since dec 09 to get this resolved but have no genuine response from these guys until today. 3 months after i initially cancelled their scam. they even put in their argument that i had only just cancelled my agreement in march which was a lie and i had all mail's proving this. This company and whomever runs it and this particular office are not to be trusted to make a cup of coffee let alone anything else. Whenever you call over you never get the right answers. one person says that he's in charge (frankie martinez) then you speak with him and he passes the buck. Not to be trusted and should be shut down and fined and made to pay back all monies collected out of deception.

GMAC is a scam Mar 24, 2010

I worked for GMAC Timeshare Division, they have 9 or more offices that strictly call lead sheets that were stolen by employees that work for the resorts, and they are calling timeshare owners saying that GMAC Timeshare Division actually rent or sell points and or weeks, it is a lie. GMAC Timeshare Division does not rent or sell any timeshares, they are the definition of a listing company, they have 9-10 offices that are signing people up, they do not have a set fee of how much they charge, every agent charges a different price, most of the people that work for GMAC are drug addicts, convicted felons, drug dealers and can not get a real job, so they have to scam to make a living, GMAC does not rent or sell any timeshares, If you pay them, you have lost that money unless your credit card company will help you

• Ge
    GENERAL OF FLORIDA Mar 20, 2010

IF YOU WANT YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY BACK FROM GMAC TIMESHARE DIVISION, GO TO THIS LINK ASAP http://csapp.800helpfla.com/CSPublicApp/Complaints/FileComplaint.aspx

• Ho
    how is this legal? Mar 17, 2010

Kirsten Feinberg stole a thousand dollars from my family in December 2009

Marge42665 Mar 15, 2010

I Thought i got a great deal. I was contacted by a tara west about renting out my timeshare for the superbowl and i was so happy when she said she could get me 4600 for my 2 bedroom. Besides the fact that she was a little pushy and vry mean i thought that was alot of money, i payed her 1000.00 and never heard from her again. If you are contacted by a tara west i suggest you hang up. This is such a scam!!!

• In
    inspect what you expect Mar 11, 2010

i worked at gmac for a small period of time, the general manager angie trains new employees to go online and act like a satisfied customer and to say that gmac did a good job renting and selling, when truthfully the other gangster employees that have worked for gmac for a long time make jokes how they scam people and how gmac doesnt advertise or market anywhere it was so scary working at the office they would yell at the employees and say to get as many credit cards as possible i am sad i worked for such a company

• In
    inspect what you expect Mar 11, 2010

think of gmac timeshare division as a mcdonalds franchise, one person owns the company, and then each office is owned by another company, and they pay the owner of gmac a percentage to use the name they go to the resorts and persuade employees that work at the resorts to steal and sell them your info, name and number

• Bo
    boyfromOz Mar 11, 2010

Am I glad that I came across this web page when the GMAC TimeShare Div Rep is on the phone to get me to sign up ! I was almost on the hook and ready to sign up before the $1, 800 upfront one-time cost came up - that will take care of the rental income as well as any potential sale of my Timeshare in Orlando. So thanks to everyone for warning people off this. I have a few questions:

- how do they get hold of all my details on Timeshare Ownership, contact phone numbers and email addresses ?
    - I don't even live in the US, but have a Timeshare in Orlando
    - GMAC Timeshare or Real Estate, I assume have nothing to do with General Motors ?

The rep sent the email from yahoo.com (I should have guessed something is not right !) / then point me to the link to http://www.gmacrealestate.com that has his name as a licensed rep etc with a gmactd.com email address and quote his direct dialling extn number etc
    LTA - Licensed Travel Agent
    LCTS - Licensed Commercial Telephone Salesperson

It all sounded very believable until the $1, 800 upfront amount required.

Aussie

Anonymous Ex Employee Mar 09, 2010

I worked for the company for several months and what they tell the customer is a lie. They tell the customer that they have a 97% rental rate when actually it is closer to 7%. They encourage employees to twist the truth. I would be willing to guess that none of the deals closed were actually rented. I received constant calls from people from before I even started saying it had been 6 months or more and no rental. In addition to this, they rip off their own employees by taking money out of their check just in case some of the deals fall through. I can't even get my last paycheck from them. It's one thing after another. Don't fall for their tactics.

then contact

• Uneducated? Visit this link

And then call [protected] Fraud Hotline of Attorney General of Florida, They will educate you

ts421 from the above post obviously works for this GMAC Timeshare Division scam, they post a link above to ttp://www.arda.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=GMAC, I contacted Jeff Owings the Managing Director of GMAC Refinance, he said, and I quote "I have never heard of GMAC Timeshare Division" call him yourself and ask him

Jeff Ownings
    602.224.7740 phone
    602.224.7760 fax
    [email protected]
    www.gmac-rfc.com

Do not be a victim of CHL Marketing, You have better odds of winning the lottery then getting your timeshare sold or rented through GMAC Timeshare Division.
    Put your property on www.redweek.com, www.ebay.com, at least you will have a chance!

ts421 since you obviously work for the company, next time give me your REAL name and REAL office address and REAL cell phone number so we can chat.

• Ts
    ts421 Mar 05, 2010

I find it interesting that most of the complaints here sound scripted and uneducated. Possibly a competitor, rouge previous employee? A simple keyword search will tell you in GMAC is in the timeshare finance business:

They got me also Mar 04, 2010

I paid GMAC Timeshare Division $999.00 in April of 2009, they promised they would rent my property within 30 days, it has been almost a year and I have not heard a peep from them, I have been taken like a fool, I called GMAC headquarters and they said they do not finance Timeshare, GMAC Timeshare Division claims that they finance timeshare, "thats how we make our money" they said, but then I called GM and GMAC Financial Services and spoke to several higher authority figures for GM and GMAC and they said they have never heard of GMAC Timeshare Division or that GMAC even finances buyers of timeshares, I am very upset that I payed GMAC a thousand dollars, Can anyone get me the names of those who own and operate GMAC Timeshare Division, I am looking for information about those behind this obvious scam, I am looking for details such as who owns the company, who trains these people to lie, where the offices are located? or any information? If you have any answering machine recordings of GMAC leaving messages saying "they need inventory or properties" please call [protected] Fraud Hotline of Attorney General of Florida. They are currently investigating GMAC Timeshare Division, DO NOT LET THEM SCAM ANYONE ELSE.

They are Twisted Mar 03, 2010

I had a man call me yesterday about this. I was skeptical since it sounded too good to be true. I am not going to do business with them. The message before mine mentioning the BBB rating and them wanting money up front was enough for me to say no thank you.
    I told them I didn't have $1000 laying around to spend on whatever I wanted, so he began the sales process of handling my objection. As a former salesman of the toughest product to sell, enlistment in the Army, I quickly recognized his tactic and I knew he was going to put me on hold for 60 seconds and come back with a counter offer. This is exactly what happened. Pay $800 now, or $600 now and $400 after the first rental. He sounded really anxious saying he needed to bolster his inventory for some convention in Orlando this weekend, Orange County, Florida specifically. I told him I needed to talk it over with my wife, and he made a cardinal mistake. He allowed me to hang up. Sorry, bro. No deal.
    It was after I hung up that I discovered this site, checked the BBB and did more research, like checking the Orange County Convention Centers schedule of events to see what was so important that he needed space available now. Some volleyball camp, a boat show and "Time Out for Women." Hmm, I don't see a huge influx of people willing to shell out $3-4K for my timeshare. Plus these events were 2 or 3 days long. Not a week.
    The only way I'd consider this is if he took the entire $1000 out of the first rental, but even then I am not going to do business mostly based on the BBB rating of "F". The history of the President of the company also not being very good kills it for me.
    DO A LOT OF RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING AND DON'T LET THEM TURN YOUR OBJECTION AGAINST YOU. THEY WILL MAKE IT SOUND ILLOGICAL AND BASICALLY PUNK YOU OUT INTO THINKING IT'S A GOOD DEAL. I know this because I did it as an Army Recruiter.
    See if this sounds familiar? "What you are telling me is that Reason A is why you are skeptical of doing business with us? What if I told you I could work on Reason A would you buy into it then?" They may give you some jibberish like, "I know how you feel, many people have felt the same way; however, what they later found was..." And your objection no longer makes sense. Or they will put you on hold with a counter offer, which they did to me.
    I think time shares in general are a bad deal, and I can't believe I fell into it. But now that I am in it, I am not going to waste more money with the "promise" of earning money. Show me that you are going to earn me money, don't tell me. By the way, he sent me a link to a website that told me very little about what they were going to do for me. Also a website that he said could "verify" his credentials. I can pay a high school kid to make a site with my name on it saying I am Jehovah, but we all know that I am not. My beard isn't long enough.

GMAC SCAMMED ME Feb 17, 2010

I paid GMAC Timeshare Division $1000.00 to Henry Cordts. I never got a returned phone call. At www.BBB.org : GMAC Timeshare Division has the worst possible rating an "F". They will never provide any proof that they have ever rented or sold a single property. GMAC Timeshare Division cannot n provide you even 2 or 3 clients that have had a good experience with GMAC. They are a scam and the only way to get your money back is to start a class action lawsuit and call your credit card company and dispute the charge and then take them to litigation. DO NOT PAY GMAC any money, THEY ARE A SCAM.

GMACTD Feb 10, 2010

Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is a Marketing Company.. Not a Listing/Advertising Company. They do not advertise or list any of their customers inventory on a website. Advertising a property on a website means ( based from what several consumers have blogged about and personally from what I know of the industry) it's just going to sit on a website waiting for someone to scroll across it one day. There is a huge difference between an "Advertising Company and a "Marketing Company". Let me explain.. You will often find that many people confuse marketing with advertising or vise versa. While both components are important they are very different:

Advertising: The paid, public, non-personal announcement of a persuasive message by an identified sponsor; the non-personal presentation or promotion by a firm of its products to its existing and potential customers.

Marketing: The systematic planning, implementation and control of a mix of business activities intended to bring together buyers for the mutually advantageous exchange or transfer of products.

The best way to distinguish between advertising and marketing is to think of marketing as a pie, inside that pie you have slices of advertising, market research, media planning, public relations, product pricing, distribution, customer support, sales strategy, and community involvement. Advertising only equals one piece of the pie in the strategy. All of these elements must not only work independently but they also must work together towards the bigger goal, the consumer. Marketing is a process that takes time and can involve hours of research for a marketing plan to be effective. Think of marketing as everything that an organisation does to facilitate an exchange between company and consumer.

Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate provides the most comprehensive vacation property marketing program in the industry. With their affiliations, memberships, resources, and know how, they aggressively market each property through several different avenues but not by letting it just sit on a website. Infact, www.gmactd.com is strictly their resort directory. It allows the consumers to take virtual tours of each resort. They ask that customers not only create an account on the website to post positive comments and experiences of their resort but to also send in pictures to ad to the website www.gmactd.com, this gives any interested party a better perspective of ownership from the owners views of their ownership at each resort. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate mostly markets inventory by going to several different types of events. For example major conventions in the industry that target the appropriate audience, a monthly showcase at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center located in a major tourist spot in Orlando, FL., different types of leads groups, all kinds of business to business events, and daily networking events. To stay up to date on Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate's events, visit: http://www.gmactd.com/blog/corporate-events. If any of the events are in the area you reside in, please feel free to attend! Plus, Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate's recent partnership with Travelocity Partner Network gives us a powerful suite of travel products and are able to harness the resources and product lines of Travelocity Partner Network to help them establish their brand as a trusted travel provider. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is now a full travel agency offering everything from accommodations through our owners inventory, flights, cruises, tickets & attractions, car rentals. Travelocity Partner Network is the leading provider of consumer-direct travel services for the leisure and business traveler. Through Travelocity Partner Network, Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate's customers are also able to access offerings, pricing, and travel information about airlines, car rentals, cruise lines, tickets & attractions, and other travel related services.

The recent economic downturn has had an impact on our industry and we understand every clients frustration when the turnover period is not exactly what they had anticipated but please be assured that we are continuing to maintain a positive scope and take every aggressive avenue to create the best marketing routes for each client. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate looks forward to continuing a positive business relationship with each Customer and assures you we are constantly working with the vacation industry for more exposure and marketing opportunities. If you have any discomfort with your service from Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service Department immediately Toll Free [protected]-GMAC ext. 4 between the hours of 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Mon-Thurs & 9:00 -5:00 pm on Friday or simply email Customer Service: [email protected] Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate takes pride in our name and stand by our motto Service You Deserve, People You Trust!

• Jl
    jlecljz Jan 16, 2010

I have been called by a GMACTD associate named Liz Rodan saying they were affiliated with GMAC finance and that’s how she knew about my timeshares, even my extra week I was given. She told me that I could make $4200 if I let her use the weeks for the super bowl weekends. She told me she would send me an email. I gave her 2 email accounts and never got the email. Not even in my spam folders. She called 3 times during the week and told my wife the emails were sent. She never gave us her email address or direct phone number.

I called the number on my phone [protected] and selected the operator. I got a quick response when a man answered with in a minute. I said I wanted to talk to Liz Rodan and he told me she already left for home. It was 3pm Florida time, I asked for her email address and he tells me to just send the email to [email protected] I sent an email and put Liz Rodan in the subject. I asked her to give me her direct phone number since the operator wouldn't and asked her to call me back with her information. No reply yet from a week ago. I see on the gmactd website, that this phone number is not listed.

Does this company have any ties with GMAC?

• Sh
    sharon2579 Jan 11, 2010

Gmac real estate handle all 4 of my properties and they rent them out every other year...

• Mo
    Monsterair Jan 07, 2010

I listed two properties with GMAC two years ago. Not a single offer or even inquiry. This was an absolute waste of money. I had listed with another company in the past that turned out to be a scam. I was assured by GMAC TD that they were different, citing their relationship with GMAC finance, and ability to finance offers if needed. After the fee was paid I never heard another word, offers or otherwise.

MaYAN Jan 02, 2010

GMAC Timeshare division rented my property out in 28 days. These people must be thinking of another company because they got the job done.

MaYAN Jan 02, 2010

gmac timeshare division rented out my mayan property in 30 days, i think you guys must be thinking of another company

• Le
    lenyrog Dec 30, 2009

I signed my contract on February 25, 2009. Ten months later not an offer, nibble on either the rental or sale. As my sale price stands right now at "any offer considered" and in 2 month not a single offer. GMAC has done nothing for me that I would consider valuable.

• Kn
    knightowl Dec 21, 2009

NEVER PAY UP FRONT FRONT FOR ANYONE TO RENT YOUR PROPERTY! No matter how good the sales scam is - you don't need to!

A legit rental company or a legit Realtor will take a commission or a fee on what they sell at the time of sell or signing, based upon the legal contract that you sign that enables them to transfer the property for the period agreed.

Contrary to to the fast talking GMAC sales hawks, THERE IS NO FLORIDA LAW that makes it illegal for them to conduct business in a normal legitimate manner. If you pay them up front and they have your money, there is no incentive for them to do anything for you - even answer your phone calls!

If and when you pay, for any timeshare services like these, always pay on a Credit Card (not Debit Card) so you can dispute the charge within the 30 or 60 days if the service promised does not meet your expectations.

If the State Florida didn't make so much money out of the huge timeshare scam that largely finances the State, the legislators there might actually pass a law to regulate the industry! Till then, just hang up on the corruption!