Tim Hortonsemployer extortion and possible discrimination

Va Oct 28, 2019 Review updated:

My son Dominique Suggs was an employee at this location and had been for a few months. He worked on average 4 days a week. He was well past his probationary period and a hard worker who implemented the Mass Transportation Authority to get to work most days while attending school. He is only seventeen years old. He was told one day that the register was $45 dollars short and that he was expected to pay the money out of his pocket. I told him that this was not a procedure that legitimate businesses follow and I asked him how many people used that register on that evening and he said three, which was evidenced by them deciding to make each individual pay $15 each in a note that Melissa, the store manager posted on the bulletin board, along with the name of the three employees. I told my son to take a picture of it because it seemed as if she and possibly other individuals were committing extortion. I asked him if they had video surveillance and he said that they did. I also asked him if a legitimate investigation or audit was performed and he stated not to his knowledge. Then they went further and shorted his paycheck four hours and did this continually for two pay periods. I confronted them because after the first pay period they told him that they was taking him off the schedule until he payed his portion. I advised him not to because by doing so he would be agreeing to the accusation and also because if he allowed them to extort money from him they would do it again. I also made Melissa provide documentation of the incident in writing which she did. They ended up reimbursing him for the four hours on his final check in the third pay period and did not pay him for the last two days that he worked. So not only did they attempt to commit a crime they also illegally withheld wages from him that he worked for. I believe this was because he is young and a minority. And I'd they did it to him, they have or will attempt to do it to others. I called the corporate office to file a complaint and never received a response from him. But as in everyday actions, "evil is justifiable of its own". I have retained documents concerning this incident and can produce them on demand as I am submitting this complaint on my IPhone.

• Updated by Valencia Suggs · Oct 29, 2019

Ignorance is not becoming. Businesses don’t require employees to pay back discrepancies. This is why checks and balances are in place including internal and external audits. There are laws for a reason. Take the time to conduct proper investigations. Technology is implemented for a reason, including closed circuit surveillance. As I stated, evil will always justify its own. Look at the statistics for the group that is most likely to commit theft and the demographics associated with that group and see if your response is justified.

Comments

•   Oct 29, 2019

Playing the race card I see. And if the register is short, dividing the shortage is fair.

Oct 29, 2019

@SubSquirrel See my response above. “SubSquirrel”, seems appropriate.

Oct 30, 2019

@Valencia Suggs Let me also leave you with this, there are seven abominations unto the Lord, and take heed to what they are. Some commit them daily, including a heart that devises wicked imaginations.

•   Oct 31, 2019

@Valencia Suggs Not everyone believes in YOUR God.

What makes you believe YOUR God is THE ONLY God?

•   Nov 02, 2019

@Valencia Suggs Great "thou shalt not judge.

• Rf
      Nov 13, 2019

@Um is not an answer! well stated Thou shalt not judge

•   Oct 31, 2019

45 dollars short??? Yeah, I don't think your son knows thou shalt not steal.

Oct 31, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Who is your god, the devil. Sticks and stones, sticks and stones.

•   Oct 31, 2019

@Valencia Suggs What makes you think your God is THE God?

Your gud allows priests to either fondle little boys or kill nuns who speak out against priests raping hs girls.

He also allows his precious children to die of cancer and other bs.

Yeh. Great God you have.

Oct 31, 2019

@Um is not an answer! The fact that he has been murdered speaks volumes of the depth of evil involved. When that judge gave her that Bible that was preplanned, they can appeal on that situation alone. He was then murdered so that he would not be able to testify again. And that family whether intentional or not, aggravated the situation by allowing a foolish, scary, naive jury to give that lying demonic witch, mercy that she did not deserve. He should have been protected, not by the same government and white supremacists that are killing us everyday. So knowing that we can be a statistic at any time, when are we going to defend ourselves and our people against known enemies. I am spiritual and love Jesus so I will be real with you you.
    Esther 8: 11
    Wherein the king granted the Jews which were in every city to gather themselves together, and to stand for their life, to destroy, to slay, and to cause to perish, all the power of the people and province that would assault them, both little ones and women, and to take the spoil of them for a prey.
    Ecclesiastes 3: 1, 3
    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up.

Discern the time my people. The enemy comes to kill, steal, and destroy. Jesus came that we may live abundantly.
    Know who you are as a people and why you are so hated. We are not inferior by any means. We are the mothers and fathers of civilization. Black queens and kings chosen by the most High God as His people. Why do you think they have and continue to distort history. They have contributed little to nothing to civilization or humanity. These are brute beasts meant to be destroyed. This is why I advocate leaving a cursed land and a cursed people.
    Revelation 18:24
    And in her was found the blood of the prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
    These brute beasts with their love for beastiality, pedophilia, and homosexuality, are directly and indirectly responsible for all of the bloodshed on the entire earth.
    Do you think that God will not require their blood for this. He is calling His people out.
    Revelations 17 & 18
    Jeremiah 51
    Key verses Jeremiah 51: 45 and Revelations 18:4

•   Nov 01, 2019

@Valencia Suggs Here's another revelation for you. This is a public site and religious propaganda has no place here. So great "eye opening" response you put.

You know that men wrote the Bible, right? Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were long dead, right?

Oct 31, 2019

since several employees had access to that cash, your son is not legally responsible for missing funds. It is illegal to withhold his pay and unless he agrees or a court determines responsibility, your does not have t pay those funds. I would submit a written complant to the labour board. There is such a thing as workplace harassment and constructive dismissal. You can actually sue them for this, because they created an environment so miserable that your son was forced to quit. Good luck

•   Nov 01, 2019

@marcych That's actually not really true. Each cashier has to sign out a drawer at the beginning of their shift and are only allowed to leave that drawer intact when they go on 15 minute break. That is the only time where other people have access to the drawer. You start out with a certain amount of money in your drawer that the cashier attendant counts out beforehand. At the end of your shift you need to still have that amount in your drawer, minus the exchange of goods/services for the extra money in the drawer.