TightboardsFraud

D

I found a 2008 snowboard on there website advertised for 336.oo. I placed my order and my Visa was charged . They e mailed me my receipt and it said backordered. 5 days later I called to see the status and they said, " We left you a message that this board is not available, but for another 125.00 they could upgrade me to the 2009 model. I check my missed calls and voicemails and there was nothing. They never answer the 1.888.760.4236 or 336.299.6444 since my original conversation. After leaving numerous messages and e mails stating I want a refund, tightboards finally called back, left me a message saying again "when can get you the 2009 model for 125.00 more. After one week I am still in the dark with tightboards.

• Ph
    phil fitzsimmons Feb 27, 2008

They advertise products on their website that they know they don't have in inventory. After they charge your credit card they tell you the product is out of inventory and you can only have a store credit. Call Carol at the North Carolina Attorney Generals office of consumer protectionism if you have complaints.[protected].

• Ph
    phil fitzsimmons Feb 28, 2008

Most retailers will not charge your card until the product ships. I had read bad things about them so I called them and they told me they had the board in inventory, they were lying. Once the 48 hours passed for my credit card to clear they called me with a telemarketing script saying the manufacturer failed to have more product! What is that. They told me three times over the phone they had the board in North Carolina in their warehouse. Then they wanted to not refund me for 30 days after which they claimed to not know about my order and tried to make me take store credit. Do what I did, call Susan at the north Carolina Attorney Generals Office of Consumer Protection [protected] she is very nice. Or go on line to http://www.ncdoj.com/DocumentStreamerClient?directory=Forms/&file=stancom.pdf and fill out the very simple complaint form in writing and mail it in. They need more of these written forms sent in, alot of people have compalined to them about Tightboards.

Jason Rexing Oct 18, 2008

Call your credit card company and have them cancel or refund the order. Don't both working with tightboards. You won't get your money back through them. The credit card company has more power.

-Jason

• Sc
    schleeb Oct 20, 2008

Same scam here... Not in stock but they will only refund your money by store credit. Yeah right!! Just call the CC company and tell them to dispute the charge. Then log onto the North Carolina BBB site and file a complaint of their sales practices. This is called Bait and Switch... pure and simple.

Then send Tightboards an e-mail to [protected]@boardparadise.com and tell them to kiss your ###... Thats how I handled it.