Tigerairunethical and misleading behaviour by ground staff, missed our flight

F

Dear Sir/Madam

Re – Request Refund booking reference HF6YJR- Flight TT218 for three to Sydney, Saturday July 1, 2017

I like to lodge a complaint and request refund for the above flight purchased by me on June 30th 2017. I like to advise that your ground staff misused and mislead us by trying to waste time not checking us in, as they already had given our seats (row (15A, 15B & 15C) to other passengers. These people were arrived from an international flight earlier that morning and their last leg of their trip to Sydney was cancelled that morning.

I arrived with my daughters at 8:05am to the Tigerair check in point and had two suitcases to check in. The flight TT218 (our flight) was for 9:05am. When we logged our booking reference number we could not see our flight on the screen. So naturally with panic I went to the Tigerair customer enquiry/help desk. There were still people at the check in point getting help to load their suitcases and some in front of us getting help from the help desk to get suitcase tags, and other flight bookings.

The service desk staff not only didn’t take the urgency to help us but also took their time to ignore us. When the lady at the counter finally got around to answer our enquiry, she quietly said to her colleague and I heard that our seats seems to be allocated to another family pointing towards them processing the check in their luggage at the same time. She instructed us to wait and went to talk to another ground staff (male) who was assisting this family with their luggage check in.

So we waited for another15 minutes with stress and great deal of anxiety not wanting to miss our flights, while being ignored again by the Tigerair ground staff. At around 8:30am, another ground staff came and advised we have been late and missed our flight. She also added that there are no seats for the rest of the day to Sydney, and have to come back next day (Sunday July 2nd) and pay additional $85.00 per head to get on a flight to Sydney!

When I asked why? The lady responded, “well you were late and must pay late fee and next flight available is tomorrow, if you don’t want to accept it, you can call our customer service they will help you to get refund”. I was naturally very stressed and extremely upset with the lack of support, bad behavior and not to mention the amount of time wasted (over 25 minutes), so that they get away with re-allocating our seats to other people.

The male ground staff (who was helping passengers loading their baggage & check ins) came over due to our level of stress. He mentioned that, there was an international flight cancelled that morning with passengers unable to make it to Sydney. So they had to help them re-allocating or allocating seats from all flights going to Sydney that day (July 1st).

I did not have access to do web check in prior to coming to the airport and could not print the boarding pass either; hence I left it to do check in at the airport. This was my first time flying with Tigerair and I doubt if I ever fly again with your airline.

I have made a phone call to your customer service “1300 number” and they advised that the ground staff at the counter has put a note for us that, we were late and they offered the next day flight, but we did not accepted it, so customer service said “Tigerair cannot refund our money”! This was a scam and misleading of us by your ground staff and put a lie on your system too (perhaps to laugh at our expense!!!).

If I would have accepted your ground staff offer, it meant loosing $400.00 per night of our hotel booking, plus car rental of $100.00 and the extra charge of $255.00 for Tigerair! BUT the most important part was letting your ground staff getaway with their actions and deceiving us!

I am happy to take this matter to the Australian Aviation Authority and Consumer affairs if I have to, but like to request Tigerair to consider this situation and refund our money.

I am happy to discuss it further if it’s needed, and would like to request this matter to be investigated at your earliest convenient.

Kind regards,