tide detergent vanilla and lavendersmell and rash

Our clothes smell like dog crap. At first we thought there was something in the washer but when we switched detergent they were fine. The smell disappeared. That was the problem with the tide vanilla and lavender. Tide HE made break out in a rash all over my body

• Do
    Dont like being duped Oct 01, 2009

Your post is funny! I don't think they would call their newest scent, "dog crap"-but they should. I know what you mean. Tide has a tendency to fix things that weren't broke in the first place. They have this new detergent that is supposed to be better for delicate clothes. I used it once and my clothes wreaked and gave me a headache. I was embarrassed about what the neighbors might think about the disgusting smell coming from my dryer vent! I usually stick with the old tried and true scents. I also have noticed the liquid fabric softeners with Febreze scents are awfully putrid smelling too!

• Co
    compl Dec 30, 2009

The current additives are ruining Tide ! The lavender smells like cat urine and mountain spring smells like acid. The Fabreze additive smells like soured milk.

The best lately is the one with Dawn, and it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Where is the original Tide ???

• Re
    restauranteur Jun 30, 2011

Please voice your complaints with Proctor and Gamble. The pollution in neighborhoods is making many of us sick. Please report all medical complaints also, including neurological like headache, dizziness, strange feeling, etc.. The problem is that these products have synthetic musks formulated to not leave your clothing. They are toxic, and not only for the wearer, but for those of us around you. Also, please contact the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission, and filed a complaint. Even if you don't have product information details, please fill out as much as you know and experience on their complaint form.
    If you know of a pending lawsuit regarding these problems, please let people know.

• Li
    Linda Bolash Jul 25, 2017

i just bought daybreak fresh and i first thought my sewer line had broken but no it is my new tide detergent may have to throw the jug out as i may not be able to stand the stench of my clothes