TicketSpot.comFraudulent charges

S

I bought two hockey tickets worth $150. I paid $324. They charged $262 for the two tickets, $48 for 'connection fee.' I clicked on standard shipping, but somehow got overnight shipping. They charged a 7.5% State sales tax, and the state I live in is 6.8%. The vendor where the tickets came from were cheaper and I could have picked them up myself, but of course they didn't tell me where they came from until after I bought them. This company is just a middleman that you can get around.

DO NOT GO THROUGH TICKETSPOT!!!

• Co
    ConcernedBuyer Mar 04, 2010

I did the same thing. I bought tix in March for a concert in August so did not ask for Fedex and was surprised when they arrived. Also a connection fee, etc. I will not use them again either. Not ethical and will fight the extra charges with my credit card company.

• Va
    vanity22 Aug 09, 2010

but is it still not fake and can present to the venue???because i just bought 2 tickets for a concert and i want to know if it's fake or not...pls. answer this..i really need help..

• Ti
    TicketSpot Aug 29, 2012

Hello Samuel! Thank you for your comments. We're sorry to hear about the problems and confusions in regards to your ticket order through us. We at TS are a marketplace through which independent ticket-selling companies and trusted individuals resell tickets to popular sporting, concert, and theater events. This means that the tickets on our site are all being resold and thus re-priced by their respective sellers based on what they think the tickets are worth. The event tickets on our website are therefore going to be priced above or below the face value of the tickets concerned. Some 40% of tickets on the secondary ticket market actually sell for below face value - so you can get some great deals online!

That being said, we understand that many customers are frustrated by paying above face value for their tickets. Please nevertheless note that the mark-up in ticket prices on the resale market is often designed to cover the numerous expenses incurred by sellers to obtain hard-to-get tickets. The sellers pay face value plus additional fees and/or have fee-paying memberships in special fan clubs and/or sometimes even pay their own mark-up fee by buying tickets from other resellers. The major point of the resale market is both to keep tickets on the market long after primary sources (eg: the venue) are otherwise sold out and also to allow early access to ticket guarantees before the general onsale of tickets for an event.

In this case, too, it's worth pointing out that we are more than just a middleman... We help to facilitate your ticket transaction by connecting you with your seller and we also monitor the transaction after-the-fact to make sure that things go well for you. You likely would not have been able to access tickets from the seller concerned if the seller hadn't been able to list them on our website. We also have additional guarantees on our site (like our 125% guarantee!) that give you an extra layer of protection for your ticket purchase.