Thrive ExtremeGarcinia Cambogia

C

My teenage daughter made the huge error of signing up for a "free" trial of this product. We were unaware of any charges going through her account until her debit card number was then hijacked (at walmart.com, etc..), and her account overdrawn. While I can not prove that this company is responsible for the additional hijacked online fraud charges, I am suspicious of it because her account was fairly inactive and this occurred simultaneously. Because there were multiple unauthorized charges coming through we opened a single "fraud" investigation with her bank and shut down this account. In hindsight after much effort and time on this, I am aware that we should have opened a "fraud" investigation for the random hijacking charges and a "dispute" investigation for the Thrive Extreme charges. Thrive Extreme charged four different times on her account in the amount of $4.95, 5.87, 86.94 and 77.84 and they only shipped one bottle of garcinia cambogia (which arrived after I had shut down her account). My bank investigated and while she was protected against some of the fraud charges, due to the fact that she had put in a debit card initially, the Thrive Extreme charges were not considered fraud. Once a fraud investigation is opened it can not be transferred to a dispute investigation. Once my bank provided me with the company names and phone numbers I contacted the company directly (I had no idea how to do so or how to call to cancel this "free trial" as no invoice came in the single box of garcinia cambogia). Every charge is under a different company name and address. Here are the company names: gcl*garciniambogia [protected]; gwc*garcinawl [protected]; mmc*mangocleanse [protected]; tpc*mangoselect [protected]; gce*garcinextract. All of these companies are registered at either 1173 South 250th West, Suite 310 (no city), Utah 84770 or 1304 North Redwood Road (no city), Utah 84045. These phone numbers however are registered in Indiana and a customer representative told me that the "official" company is Garcinia Cambogia 600 Corporation Drive Pendleton, Indiana 46064 ("Thrive Extreme is only a merchant"). I have filed a complaint with the BBB in Indiana. Interestingly when I called the company directly to state that besides the initial single bottle of Garcinia Cambogia no product was ever received they gave me one illegitimate (or untrackable) tracking number and stated that the second shipment had "no tracking number on file." It seems that the only recourse I have is to file complaints with consumer advocacy groups and federal agencies and at this point it is the principle that these type of predatory business can take place with zero accountability. While I might not ever reclaim the funds that were taken from my daughter's account, I hope to inform others not to make the same mistake and add to the long list on consumers who have been taken advantage of by a disgraceful company.

John Stevens Dec 19, 2016

Once they get your info, they don't stop charging fees.

Chris Rose Feb 24, 2016

I just had the EXACT same thing happen as your daughter...initially bought ht e$4.95 single bottle plus shipping and 10 days later a charge of $86.94 showed up like yours above...I called my bank and they reversed the charges and canceled my card...I F'ing hate these liars and it's sad they try to scam people looking to make an honest purchase...I don't even think the crap I bought works either...probably a multi vitamin in disguise ...DO NOT BUY but if you're on this site it's probably too late.

Comment Guidelines