Theteacupchihuahua.comFraud and scam

K

I have been talking to this lady Donna Varner from Claysville Pennsylvania, which is supposedly a 25 year hobby breeder that breeds 'Micro'/'teacup' chihuahuas. She charges $4, 000.00 to $5, 000.00 for the puppies. I entered into a deal with her that she would sell me a 'MICRO' chihuahua, 2.0lbs-2.5lbs as mature adult weight, it wouldn't grow more than that. First he was 5ounces, then 8.4ounces when I gave the deposit at about 5 weeks. As soon as I gave the deposit she stopped telling me how much the puppy weighed, excuses like she didn't have a digital scale, had to go to the post-office, didn't want to take the puppy out, etc. Needless to say before the second deposit was due, she said she put him on a food scale at home which was between 9-11ounces. The day of last deposit I asked for more pictures and exact digital weight from vet, which she promised, her answer was she was not going to do that and if I didn't put the rest of the money I would lose the deposit and she would sell the puppy to someone else. Of course I paid didn't want to lose the puppy and gave her the benefit of the doubt. Day of shipping in the crate was suppose to be 1)AKC papers, 2)Health Guarantee; and 3) Written Size Guarantee. She emails after puppy is dropped off at airport that n/thing was included b/c she ran out of printer paper. I pick up puppy at airport and the dog is huge at 8 weeks already weighs 2.03lbs. I emailed her telling her she scammed me and ripped me off, she completely denied the incident and said I got what I paid for and that she didn't allow any returns or refund as stated on her website (even if I didn't get what she promised). Needless to say I have been talking to her since April through tons of emails and advised her that I was already ripped off by another breeder, etc., she always said don't worry I only breed small puppies not the 'runt of the litter'. She viciously lied, scammed and took my $2, 000.00 and gave me what will probably be a 5.0-6.0lbs dog which I could have gotten for $350.00 not $2, 000.00. I told her to please either return my money or send me a real 'Micro' and that I would send her the puppy back, and she said that she would not pick it up at the airport and that the they would eventually ship it back to me. I have contacted PayPal and American Express and will contact the Department of Agriculture and the Business Bureau so she does not rip anyone else off. She was a genuine LIAR, and I have over 80 emails to prove it. Please do not buy from this lady - DONNA VARNER FROM PENNSYLVANIA. SHE IS A RIP OFF ARTIST AND VICIOUS TOO AS SHE DIDN'T EVEN FEEL BAD AND THEN COMPLETELY LIED AFTER SHE SHIPPED THE PUPPY AND I RECEIVED NO PAPERWORK EITHER.

• Ca
    California Dreamer Mar 26, 2011

IM WONDERING IF THIS IS JUST BREEDER WARS GOING ON OR CYBER BULLYING
    UNLESS YOU HAVE PROOF OF A TRANSACTION DO NOT POST.
    I HAVE SINCE FOUND SEVERAL BREEDERS WITH WRITE UPS AND THE SAME POSTINGS
    WHICH MAKE THIS A BOGUS SITE WHERE ANYONE CAN POST ANYTHING AT ANYTIME
    WITH NO PROOF. VERY SAD.

• Pe
    Pet Person Dec 16, 2009

This lady wants a puppy ONLY if it is wee little but yet she picked it out???? Then unhappy and wants to return it yet again after a flight???? Sounds like a real puppy lover to me. This woman needs to buy herself a mouse and NOT a Chihuahua. What a shame that people as her buy puppies without any regard that the puppy is sweet and healthy. Shame on you!

• Be
    becky_illinios Sep 29, 2009

Sizes can only be projected not guaranteed. She should have been honest with you about the increased growth once it started happening but it does not change the fact that you picked this puppy out. Shame on you if you can only love this puppy if it is that small. Dishonest breeder for not telling you the truth and you are a horrible person for wanting to return the puppy because it is not small enough.

Cheryl Mayes Aug 25, 2009

I purchased two chihuahua babies from Donna Varner and both are tiny. I inquired about this lady's complaint and Ms. Varner emailed me various email correspondence that proves Ms. Varner told this lady that the puppy would be approx. 2.5 pounds when shipped. I would suggest anyone contact Ms. Varner and she will forward references to you just as she did me. Her website is very informative and it is very clear that she is a reputable person. I am pleased with the two Chihuahuas I and my husband purchased.

• De
    devilsadvocate4education Mar 13, 2009

Here too. Much more 'lively' discussion on [redacted] ...