Thermal Advantage, Inc.Lack of customer care

C

I bought new vinyl windows from Thermal Advantage in October 2006. They wanted a $1000 deposit so I wrote the check. Was told that I had 3 business days to cancel the contract but they deposited my check before those 3 days were up. That was okay since I had done my homework and was satisfied with the price and product.

There are 2 energy audits that are part of the package. One is done before the new windows are installed with the second being done after the installation.

When the windows came in, they were the wrong ones and they had to reorder them. That took another week and half. But they went ahead and charged the Visa that day the wrong ones came in. They also charged an additional 3% to use a credit card instead of paying cash or more importantly, financing through them (they tried pushing that aspect).

The first energy audit was done on November 03, 2006 but I didn't get the results of that audit until March 10, 2007. I called several times and either got their answering service or someone else in the office besides the general manager. No one bothered returning my calls.

So I put the credit card charge in dispute and called their answering service to leave the message that I done that. Surprise, surprise I got a call from Amanda (the GM) within 30 minutes of leaving that message. And the results of the first energy audit were in my mailbox the very next morning.

Also, in that conversation we scheduled the second energy audit for that following Tuesday, March 13, 2007.

The technician showed up on time and did what he needed to do.

The date that I am writing this is April 13, 2007 and I still don't have the results of my second energy audit.

I have spoken to Amanda twice and each time she gives me the line that the technician is behind in getting the results processed, that they haven't forgotten about me and that I'll get the results at some point in the future.

I paid this company over $4000 and they can't follow through w- what they originally promised. Just how hard is it to get the computer to spit out the results of my audit?

I have followed through w- the dispute on the Visa card and have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Denver. It is my hope that thousands of people in the Denver area see this and think twice about doing business with Thermal Advantage. They'll take your money in no time flat but will move at a snail's pace to provide you with decent customer service.

On a side note, the windows themselves are of high quality. The installation went smoothly and was done in professional manner. There were two windows that had either smudges or scratches on them and Alside (the manufacturer of the windows) replaced them no questions asked and did so within a couple of weeks. Have no complaints on that part.

My complaint is 100% with Thermal Advantage and their total lack of commitment to the customer.

• In
    Invisibella Oct 21, 2009

I purchased Atrium windows from this company back in April 2009 for $4600. The window rep, Tom, claimed that the windows he was selling me would drastically reduce the noise of the busy street behind my house more so than what I currently had. Once they installed the windows, the noise of the street was MUCH louder than my original windows! I called to complain, and Tom told me he would replace my sliding door window, guest bedroom window and master bedroom window with triple pane windows. He told me I would receive a call from Greg Gellart. Greg agreed to order triple pane windows at no cost to me even though I told him that I would be more than happy to pay. At any rate, we agreed that it would be done with no additional costs. I confirmed the serial numbers of the 3 windows that would be replaced. He told me they would be replaced within the next month.
    May rolled around, still no windows. June, according to Greg, someone forgot to order the windows! July, their window installer supposedly dropped the ONE window that had come in and they were still waiting on the other two windows. August, the dropped window arrived at Greg's location and the other two STILL had not come in! September, they set a date to install the windows. I get a call the day before from Greg telling me they took the windows to another job and they had to push my installation back a week. I had taken a day off work and purchased a plane ticket back to Denver JUST to be there for the installation! I get another call saying they ordered the wrong color. At this point I was livid and told them I would have my contractor pick up the windows from them and have him install it for me. I was given the runaround on how my windows were supposedly at another job. They were probably never ordered! Greg also told me he would have his installer paint the window to the proper color. October, the day finally comes for them to install the windows. They installed 2 of the 3 windows. Of the 3 windows, one was the wrong color and the installer said he was not told he had to paint it and the third was the WRONG window! I called Greg and told him. Greg then told me that they never agreed to paint the window and that he told me he would only help me find the right type of paint for the window and that I had to do it myself! Then he scoffed at me for being upset about not having the right sized window! I asked how this mistake could happen after I gave him the CORRECT serial number, and he said he didn't go off of what I gave him...he went off of the original order and selected the wrong window!! He said it was a simple fix and that he would order the right size and have it replaced within 8 business days. This was October 8th. I have placed over 5 phone calls to him and left 5 messages trying to inquire about the installation of the final window with no response! I keep getting put to his voice mail and told he is not in the office. THIS IS SO UNBELIEVABLY FRUSTRATING!! Why not replace the final window in the time that was stated and be done with this?!?!