TherapyGoodTherapy.org

They are the worst online mental health care directory to work with. They did the worst biography for me on there site and they double charged my credit card every month. There is no customer service. And when i trid to contact them they never responded. I had five therapists at my practice on their site and I got double charged for every one of them . They try to pass themselves off as a ".org" or organization which should be reserved for only charities and non- for profits. But they try to make it look like they don't feed off money from therapists. Who are trying to help people. These people should never be used again. Their are plenty of free ways to have people find you. Don't let them steal you banking information they will charge you and never help you when there is a problem. DO NOT USE WWW.GOODTHERAPY.org They are a for profit business.

SarahT91 Oct 05, 2009

Well, I'm a loyal member of good therapy.org and I find their service to be better than any directory. I've never been dbl charged and I receive a ton a referrals through them. Your comment about GT passing themselves off as a .org is silly. Everyone knows that any kind of company can own a .org and although they are not a non-profit organization, as are none of their competitors, they do more for the well being of the general public than any other mental health advocacy group and directory. If you're actually a therapist and not someone paid to give them a bad review, as I suspect, than I suggest you use your professional communication skills and actually contact their support dept. I see the offer live chat during business hours as well as email and phone support for members. One time, there was an error on my profile that they caused by accident and they refunded me for the month... DO you really think a website with over 4000 members would try to steal your money? That would be ridiculous and not the motivation of the founder, who I met at a conference and is a really decent big-hearted guy.

• Cy
    cynthiasnow Dec 05, 2009

I have to chime in here. SarahT91 your profile says you are from Seattle. There is no "Sarah" listed on Goodtherapy's seattle page.

I believe in doing homework on any organization I may consider joining and putting my reputation on. Now Sarah is just not being honest here. Goodtherapy is a frequent job poster on www.scriptlance.com which they use to outsource a lot of their tech issues. Here is one of their jobs http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/[protected].shtml (and I quote)
    "Problems :
    There are a couple problems that need to be fixed

1. Currently, when customers who have already paid the current month's dues update their payment information, First Data, our merchant credit card system is charging the member an additional monthly fee. Thus, some members are being billed two times monthly. "

So it looks like by Goodtherapy's own admission the original complaint was correct. They WERE double billing people.

Second...Sarah accuses the person in the original complaint of being paid to post a smear. Well...maybe that is true, I don't know the original poster. But I do know that Goodtherapy hires people from Pakistan and India to post anonymous postings on their blogs using different names. I'm attaching screenshots in case they try to remove their jobs from scriptlance. Now why on earth would anyone want to hire people to make fake postings on their blogs?? Very strange...yet totally true. And lastly, in case "Sarah" tries to say that the source I am citing on Scriptlance is not goodtherapy, well I beg to differ.

A little research goes a long way. They may have 2000 members...but that doesn't mean they are the most transparent of organizations. And marching around the internet trying to silence and rebuff anyone who posts a complaint about a business is...well...bad business practice. Complaints come with the territory Sarah. If you are a goodtherapy employee (which I suspect you are)...you need to deal with complaints and just live it down, rather than try to personally attack the customer. Launching personal attacks to silence people that may have a legitimate gripe (ie. you WERE billing people twice!) will only get you into trouble.

• Cy
    cynthiasnow Dec 05, 2009

well it looks like this site shrunk my screenshots making them hard to read...we'll see if "sarah" or another imposter tries to rebuff me and attack me...if you do, i'll be sure to put those screenshots on an image sharing site so everyone can see them blown up a little bigger. I read the original complaint...I read sarahs response..."Sarah" felt fake to me, so I did some research...a lil' digging...if you will...and its not a pretty site.

• Er
    Erin322 Dec 14, 2009

I am the Director of Marketing at GT.org and when I saw this conversation string I thought it might be helpful to provide some background information about this topic and our company. During the first week of November we did have an issue with our "update payment feature" - an error occurred for under a dozen members who updated their payment information and they were double charged. This was absolutely unacceptable to us as we are dedicated to diligently supporting our members and we refunded each of the erroneous charges.

As someone who has worked in the internet service industry for over a decade it's been my experience that sometimes technical errors do occur and the true test of a company's integrity is a) the speed with which they respond and resolve the issue b) how well they ensure the issue will never be duplicated and c) most importantly, how well they make amends with customers. We regret the hassle this caused to the few members this affected and we stand behind our commitment to provide excellent service.

Our success has been based largely upon the service we provide - we offer live support representatives (in-house) available from 8-4pm PST Monday - Friday providing phone, email and chat support. If you are considering listing with a directory service I would encourage you to try out our service, we are here to help you build your practice and you can contact us directly with any questions you may have. We also openly welcome any feedback to help us improve our service. Thanks.

• Pa
    Passionate Therapist Feb 02, 2011

I have a listing on Goodtherapy, and because they just raised their rates, I wanted to re evaluate if it was worth it. There statistic calculator for hits lists many more outclicks to my website than does google analytics by a factor of two and a half. When i questioned this they said there calculator was right google analytics is wrong. My question is, if google analytics misses visits to my sight from goodtherapy, why does it show some? If the link is identical, wouldn't it either alway work or never work? They have been very aggressive in SEO lately. Their customer service reply was rather terse given the gravity of my concern
    Of course, the double credit card charge had to be unintentional since clearly people would not let it go by.

• Er
    Erin322 Apr 01, 2011

Hello,
    Erin322 here, I’m a Director at GoodTherapy.org and wanted to respond to the comment from Passionate Therapist. To learn more about the significant differences between the statistics collection systems of GoodTherapy.org and Google Analytics please click the following link to see a detailed explanation.

James Streak Jun 19, 2012

i read the explanation GT offers, and i think its weak. marketing sites have motive to "puff" up statistics so that you can renew. maybe a few misses is logical, but 2 and a half times? Someone here is lying, and I would say its not Google. This is easily testable. You can check server logs. anyone clicking to your site can be fully logged on your server, and no matter what GT says, your logs are all the proof you will ever need. If Google says one thing, and GT says something else...are you really going to question who to believe?

• Ka
    KathleenGT12 Dec 04, 2012

Hi James. We here at GoodTherapy.org agree that marketing sites certainly have reason to “puff” up their statistics to draw in more members. However, since our start in 2007, we have grown steadily in membership, visibility, and readership—growth that would not happen if we weren't regularly generating genuine referrals to our members. We can understand that these numbers might cause confusion regarding the mismatch between Google Analytics statistics and the internal GoodTherapy.org dashboard. It is important to recognize that GoodTherapy.org has a network of partner sites that includes larger sites (some with millions of traffic hits). Since our members are listed on these partner sites as well, it is entirely possible that neither server log files nor Google Analytics data will show certain referrals coming from GoodTherapy.org if a user clicks through to your website from one of these larger sites. However, our own internal dashboard is able to count and track that data. It’s similar to how Google Adwords has a network of partners and the Adwords dashboard shows visits coming from the entire network, even if it doesn’t come from the Google.com domain. The data discrepancy is written about on StumbleUpon (in the context of their advertisers seeing different stats on StumbleUpon internal dashboard vs Google Analytics): http://www.stumbleupon.com/ads/help/faq/#analytics

• WOT Lies Nov 15, 2013

Perhaps the discrepancy in traffic is related to these other "directories"
    http://www.marriage-counseling-guide.com/ (are there others?)
    i find it odd that those directories are exact replicas of Goodtherapy.org, contain the exact same therapists in the exact same locations. and yet no mention that they are affiliated with GT. Also, GT "advertises" those directories all over its own GT.org site. So GT is clearly promoting them, and yet they do not show they have anything to do with GT, but contain all of their therapists. Can't figure this one out, but it seems far less than transparent.