TheDVDPlanet.orgFake Company

J

They charged me for the product then sent me an e-mail that they sent it to the wrong address but never sent me the product. There is no phone number on the website.

• Je
    Jeff Feb 16, 2008

I ordered DVD set of Muppet TV shows on 12/22/07. Credit card was billed a few days later. I received email confirming order immediately and was told a tracking number would follow when shipment was made ~12/30/07. Estimated delivery was 01/10/08. I did not receive any further emails with shipping info. I emailed in mid January and received a prompt response suggesting shipment must have been lost and they would reship for February 6 to 10th. When nothing arrived I sent another email that was not replied to. Web site www.thedvdplanet.org now shows temporarily inactive. Based on other "rip off" complaints here and at other consumer fraud sites things do not look good.

Richard Hils Feb 11, 2008

Hooray!

My $69.00 was refunded today and it was put back into my B of A account. But whewwww! What a run-around that was during the past 2 months. Last week I contacted Cyberbit on the internet and told them that B of A was advising me on how to get my money back. Cyberbit was the company that withdrew the funds for my "DVD???" purchase.

If you went through Cyberbit and still don't have your money back, try this: http://cyberbit.com/service/

• De
    Denise Snider Feb 10, 2008

I was also ripped off by this company. They seem to have a problem with mailing items to the wrong address. I ordered by DVD set on 12/5/07 and according to the US Postal Service it was delivered in Texas on 12/27/07. I emailed the Postal Service and they indicated that the orginal sender would have to contact them. I emailed DVDplanet.org and they said they were sorry and could either cancel my order or express mail it. I chose to give them another try as it seemed that they were legitimately attempting to right their wrong. It is now 2/10/08 and I have attempted to contact them 2 times to find out where my order is. Apparently they have left town and closed their site. I will chalk this experience up to live and learn. However, I wish I had known about all the other complaints before. I will defintely check out a website more thoroughly before I ever order something online again. Or I will stick to better known sites.

• Mr
    Mrs Lyndsay E Brown Feb 09, 2008

Hello,

I also wish to complain. On the 3rd December, 2007, I ordered a dvd box set bj and the bear for a Christmas Present for my son.
    I got in touch with so called company and they said they would send me a replacement. Heard nothing, had no replacement, they have my money. They then said they would send me a refund. Still waiting. Very dissapointed. I actually have relations in Canada would be quicker for them to send me the dvds. This company if really bad news. Puts me off ordering from Canada or America ever again.

Lyndsay Brown

• Ke
    Ken Boomgarden Feb 09, 2008

I ordered the complete Nash Bridges dvd series on Dec. 27th and was charged $129.99 on my credit card. As of Feb. 9th I haven't received the order. On Jan. 1st, 2008 I again visited the web site and noticed that they were no longer taking orders stating their main supplier closed its doors. It also stated that anyone not receiving their orders would receive a full refund. This, also, never happened. On Feb. 8th, 2008 I "googled" the site and found that numerous people have filed complaints about this company. Why doesn't this complaint site show up with the website link when searching the web for dvd products. Why did I have to "Google" it to find the problem? This dvd company e-mailed me on Jan. 4th stating that they were temporarily out of stock and would ship my order around Jan. 16th. It also stated that their data base had an address problem and wanted me to resend my address, which I did. Again no order received as of Feb. 9th. Now they don't respond at all to my e-mails. This site is a complete scam!

• Pa
    Patricia Jamieson Feb 05, 2008

I am another victim of TheDVDPlanet.org. I ordered Batman DVDs on 4 December 2007. When they did not arrive by the middle of January 2008, they said they would resend. I went to the link on their email and it now says they are no longer able to supply and all outstanding orders would get a full refund. I would think pigs might fly before I get a refund.

Richard Hils Feb 05, 2008

Alfred Hitchcock Hour dvd set was ordered by me on Dec 14, 2007. Delayed arrival was blamed on supplier running out of stock. I was asked to either request a refund (B of A debit card) or wait for reshipping of item by Jan. 31, 2008. Now it's Feb. 5, 2008 and still no delivery. I'm not going to get mad over this, but I feel for you that put your trust in these people. I know that we will all face our due judgment after we depart from this earth.

• Je
    jerry pierce Feb 04, 2008

Ordered dvd they never sent it or refunded my money!

• Do
    Donald Malton Wilson Feb 02, 2008

Like all the others I am being ripped off the same way. Ordered 11/30/07 with delivery guaranteed before Christmas. Credit Card charged on 12/4/07. Ordered from these people because they offered free shipping. I never received the order by christmas when promised, then finally was emailed that the product was reshipped and given a tracking number. I didn't receive by Christmas, so the day after Christmas checked and tracking number showed product delivered to wrong address. I emailed again and was told there was a problem with their database and product would be reshipped as they were having problem with supplier. On Jan. 9, 2008 was emailed and they told me my money would be credited in 4-7 business days. I emailed again on Jan 24 and again on Jan. 29 stating that my account hadn't been credited. Jan 9, 2008 was my last email from them. I went online today 2/2/08 and found out about everyone getting ripped off. I was a little suspicious when they didn't have a telephone number on the website. Since they had a secure ordering system, I felt safe. I know it is only $70, but they have STOLEN $70 from me and I will do all I can to see these people put in jail! Buy American in the future, ALWAYS!!

• Fr
    Fred Stevens Jan 30, 2008

The DVD Planet is out of business. I, too, had a problem. I documented every step of the way and was able to have my credit card charges back-charged so I got a credit. I got the same run around as the rest. They had nothing but excuses. The shows were pirated off regular TV so copyright problems exist. Contact your credit card company for a charge back and show documentation. You should get credit. Fortunately, no one can order from them anymore. But, probably hundreds have been the victim of a scam.

• Ji
    jim chalfant Jan 24, 2008

Me Too! I too ordered a dvd series and they shipped it to the CA address and then returned to themselves. Bottom line I never received the dvds, or a response from these thieves on rectification for my order. I contacted my credit card co. which at least helped in getting my money back.

I agree with you all... Stay Away from this group of thieves!!

Jim chalfant.

• Ro
    Robert W Lipka Jr Jan 23, 2008

I ordered 44 episodes of Young Indiana Jones and got nothing. The said they ran out and could not get anymore, but would refund my $59.00 to my credit card. Nada.

• La
    Larry Thayer Jan 22, 2008

Again same story....I ordered a set of movies for a Christmas gift and they never came.....when I complained I was told they were shipped to another address....still no product. Isn't this a case of "Theft by deception" ?????

Chad R WIldey Jan 19, 2008

I ordered the Transformers original series for $80. I ordered it mid December and can't get them to respond to my inquisitions. They told me it shipped before they went belly up but never received it. I've been getting ripped off on a regular basis with ordering over the internet. Could someone teach me how to rip off the public like everyone else? It seems so easy. I'm going to the dark side.

• Ca
    Catherine Jenkins Jan 12, 2008

I too ordered a boxed set for Xmas on 30 November, they instantly took $106 from my credit card and issued official sounding emails, since when nothing has arrived. I have just visited their website to follow up and lo and behold it says they are no longer able to supply goods, but will issue refunds. I have just looked at my credit card statement, and the payment appears to have been made to a company in Riga. Which is in Latvia, formerly USSR, now in the EU.

I am not holding my breath for a refund.

Janis Tupelo Jan 10, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I called my credit card company (AMEX) to file a dispute, and they removed the charge. They also recommended I close the credit card account and create a new one because this company now had my credit card information. I agreed and did just that.

Andrew Coward Jan 09, 2008

I ordered the Smurfs series from this company on 12/4/07, I received 2 emails I saying they charged my credit card and on saying it was sent with a tracking number. I still have not received the DVD's. When I checked the tracking number it said it was sent to Austin Texas. How they got Texas from New Jersey I will never know. I contacted the company and the apologized for the mix up and said they would express mail it to me well it has now been over a month since they charged my card and still nothing I have attempted to contact them 9 times and 1 single response.

• Le
    Leisl Brown Jan 09, 2008

I purchased a DVD box set for my husband Dec 3 '07 , by Dec 18th I was worried it had not arrived. I e-mailed them to find out what was wrong I did receive an e-mail telling me there was a problem at customs and the package should arrive by the 21st in time for Christmas. Today is the 9th Jan'08 I have sent several e-mails to this company indicating I did not receive my order. I also sent copies of the Canadapost and USPS tracking info via e-mail and get zero response from them. They have a notice on all pages of their web site saying they have had delivery problems and will issue full refund just contact them immediately and they are no longer taking orders. I have just today sent at least 10 e-mails again with no response from there 24-7 e-mail staff.

• Ke
    Ken Paine Jan 08, 2008

I got scammed by theDVDplanet.org. They won't answer my email and I can't find a phone number for them.

I'm disputing the amount with my credit card company.

• Ca
    Carla Hendricks Jan 07, 2008

I ordered on12 - 14 - 07 a dvd set "judging amy" never receiced a confirmation number, all i got was a e - mail telling me my order schedule, which by the way never happened. I'm not sure if they debited my charge card yet but i sent a e - mail about this situation they sent one back and said that they were sorry that i didn't get my dvds for christmas as they said it would be and that for that problem they were willing to express my order instead of tracking it and would send me a 50% off coupon on my next order. After that e - mail i sent them an e - mail accepting their offer and to date after several more e - mails i have yet to hear from them again, and no dvds!!! Oh by thr way the set is priced at $79. 99.

Jody Edmond Jan 06, 2008

I have experienced the identical situation. My order was placed December 16th with a promise of delivery by Christmas. I received the identical email from them. Never received the reshipment of the order. Now they have informed me that I should see a refund in 4 to 6 business days. Not feeling very confident that this will actually happen. I am afraid we have been scammed.

Jan Jan 05, 2008

I also ordered a Christmas Present from The DVDPlanet.org. It was the Perry Mason box set. I paid $159.99. I should have realized something was suspicious when it would not accept my Amex even though they show on their website that they accept Amex. At least with Amex, I could have disputed the charges. They have stopped responding to my emails. I see that their website promises full refunds......I won't hold my breath. I guess I have just been RIPPED OFF. Since this all orginates out of Canada, I am looking for some agency there to file a complaint with. These people should be prosecuted!!!!!

Jan Jan 05, 2008

Like everyone else, I was ripped off by TheDVDPlanet.org. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company, and they are investigating. I paid $159.99 for the Perry Mason box set. I ordered a month ago. They guaranteed receipt by Xmas. Of course, that didn't happen. They apologized, promised me they would expedite a new shipment via Express Mail, send me a coupon for 75% off on another purchase. Yeah right, I won't see any of that. They won't even answer my emails now. I see that their website now says that they are not accepting new orders, offers an apology and says we will all be receiving refunds. HA! I am going to turn Heaven & Earth until I find away to sick the authorities on these scammers. They have done a great job of giving the Canadians a bad name. Another good reason to make sure we BUY AMERICAN!!!! No more on-line orders if it comes from Canada!!!

• Ni
    Nicole C. Little Jan 04, 2008

I am in the same boat, only I did not find "theDVDPlanet.org". They found me via Amazon.com. I was perfectly fine with ordering my product from the website, but i was referred to "thedvdplanet.org" when trying to purchase the items I had on hold. They offered me the entire collection at a cheaper price, so of course I took advantage of what I thought was a great deal. Unless I get my money back, my child wont get that X-mas gift.

RICHARD LECRONE Jan 02, 2008

I ordered a boxed set Nov 28,2007. I received an E-MAIL ,Dec 15,stating a delay in their last two shipments due to new shipping policies. My order was to be reshipped via Expresspost with guaranteeded delivery of Dec 24 at the latest. My cewdit card was billed but I have yet to receive my box set as of Jan 2,2008.Also no more E-mails have been sent from DVDPlanet

• Lo
    Louise A Williams Jan 02, 2008

I ordered WKRP in Cincinnati dvds that were supposed to be here two days after Christmas, but have not arrived yet. Also, they have no contact phone numbers on their site, only email queries, and they will not answer my emails.
    However, my credit card has been charged for the amount, and I'm beginning to think I've been scammed. I would love some feed back if anyone gets any answers to the problem.

• Da
    David Jan 01, 2008

theDVDPlanet.org finally got shut down! Score one for the good guys!

• Do
    Donna Robinson Dec 30, 2007

I ordered a set of justice league dvds for a christmas present on the 8th of November costing $74.99 after three emails to the DVDPLANET.ORG i have still not received the goods. They have emailed me back every time stating there are problems with shipping and customs delays all i can say to that is what a complete load of nonsense!!! I have asked for a refund and all this company can say is sorry for the delay be patience. I urge anyone not to buy from this company as you will not receive the goods. I have also read the report from the so called manger of this company which really made me laugh!!! The only reason they have stayed in business for over 5 years is due to RIPPING off naive customers like myself who trusted them.

Charlene Atkinson Dec 29, 2007

Same thing here I ordered a box set (great price) my account was charged and no dvds They were suppose to be for Christmas when I contacted them they said they would send me another set. Nothing Hard lesson learned. Do not order from them bad news.

• Li
    Lindsay Peters Dec 27, 2007

The same thing happened to me except I did receive the product I ordered and found it was pirated. The quality was terrible and I think MTV would be interested to know that this scam company is pirating their product.

• Sc
    Scott Ehly Dec 27, 2007

I made the exact same order from DVDPlanet.org. As a matter of bizzare coincidence, mine entered the Canadian Post Office oblivion on the same day as yours (Dec 13). I received it yesterday (Dec 26) and, frankly, wish I hadn't. The product is a set of home-made DVDs that appear to be Video Recorder versions of a Nickelodeon marathon. They come nowhere near what was advertised in quality or completeness.

Honestly, this should come as no surprise. Decent quality DVDs can hold 2 hours. of video. The very idea that 280 or more full-hour episodes could exist, uncut, on 8 DVDs is beyond ludicrous. Chalk it up to a momentary lapse of reason.

If it sounds too good to be true, it is!

• Sh
    SHAWN MICHAEL Dec 27, 2007

WE ORDERED SOME DVD FOR CHRISTMAS THEY SAID THE WOULD BE HEAR BUT THE WERENT FINALLY AFTER A WHILE WE CHECKED THE TRACKING AND THEY SAID THAT THEY HAD ARRIVED. WHEN WE CALLED THE POST OFFICE THEY SAID THEY HAD SENT THEM TO SOMEONE IN AUSTIN, TEXAS AND WHEN WE CALLED THEM WE GOT THE USAL THIS NUMBER IDS NOT IN SURVICE OR DOES NOT EXIST. DONT EVER YOUS THESE PEOPLE NOW I AM AFRAID TO ORDER FROM ANY COMPANY I DONT KNOW.

• Me
    Megoddammit Dec 26, 2007

I got screwed as wellbut am getting even.

Contacted and filed complaints with Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Canadian Better Business Bureau, Trustwave and Geotrust - who helps them with their credit card payments, Cyberbit - their bank, and my own credit card company.

Also I think the true owners name is Alan Knight. I found a legal document which appears to be the same company in question as the crooks at thedvdplanet.org/aka universal Gift ventures.

Type in planet entertainment, inc - tvdplanet.com and read the complaint and decide for yourself.

Fight back, spread the word and lets get these creeps.

• Ra
    Randall Detwiler Dec 24, 2007

They did the same thing to me.

• Ho
    Holly C Dec 22, 2007

I was a victim of a fraudulent company by the so called name of "DVDcompilations.com" they are bogus! I did get my money back from my creditcard thank God. BEWARE of this company, dvddonkey.com and dvdplanet.org. They are are all bogus. If anyone has ANY information as how to track these places down and have them arrested, please notify me asap. They have ripped off many many people and they need to be STOPPED!!! If a dvd company listed on a web site is not through the BBB, or they do not have an address and phone number, DO not order from them.

• De
    Deborah Cashion Dec 22, 2007

I ordered a $79.99 dvd on December 7 and was billed but never received product and never even received an e-mail.

• Gr
    GREGORIO PERRI JR. Dec 21, 2007

Hi, I ordered a CAROL BURNETT DVD COLLECTION set online @ TheDVDPLANET.org for $69.99. Apparently, the DVDs were shipped and is sitting at a Canadian Post Office since Dec. 12: 2007/12/13 18:51 OAKVILLE, ON; Item accepted at the Post office. Tracking # CX229002003CA.

I checked with USPS and there is no info on the product being shipped to the United States. Where is it? Why doesn't the USPS have any info.??? This was a Christmas gift. I think the company is a rip off. There isn't a phone # available; I have e-mailed them (online) with no response.

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Dec 19, 2007

Contact your credit card company & report that you never received goods from company. They will try to contact company & if the company doesn't reply then your credit card company will remove charges from your card. I believe you have to do it within 30--60 days of the charge, so act fast!

Pablo.

• Bk
    bkpride Dec 19, 2007

I have tried to contact DVDPlanet several times concerning the Twilight Zone DVD collection. They advertise 157 season on 42 DVD's, but all other sources advertise 156 seasons on 28 DVD's. Also, the covers are different. So, I was concerned it was a "bootleg" with poor quality. I emailed several times to no avail with this inquiry. I had friends email to no avail. But I set up a password and they immediately replied. I guess if you ask probing questions, they are not going to be responsive. If the company is growing so much, they should be able to afford phones! I elected not to order from them and instead chose Amazon.

• Er
    Eric Wiseman Dec 19, 2007

I ordered $70 dollars of dvds "Carol Burnett show" and got emails stating item was mailed to wrong address. I found on google many other people who got the same emails with the same information and said it was a scam and to report it to you.