The Salvation Army USA — manager named laura was rude and inconsiderate
I occasionally shop at the Salvation Army store #27 on Devon Avenue in Chicago. During my past three visits, I have requested to use a fitting room, for which you need an employee to retrieve a key from the manager and unlock. All three times the employees and manager have stated that both of their fitting rooms were not available (without explanation). I was simply told they were "out of order." Today, I again requested to use a fitting room, to which I was given a reply by a helpful employee named Josh, "Let me get the key." I was excited, since it seemed they had "fixed" the fitting rooms. Josh unlocked the door and I was about to enter - when the manager - Laura - intercepted my entry and said, "the rooms are out of order." I replied, why?" To which she said they needed to be repaired. I asked, "Why? what is wrong with them?" She did not answer me and rudely turned and walked away.
I continued shopping. When I came across another helpful employee, I asked, "What is wrong with the fitting rooms? They have been unavailable for over a month now." The employee responded, "we lost the key" to which I replied, "That is not what I was told." She then said I should speak to the manager - Laura. I did not feel comfortable asking Laura, since she was already rude to me once.
I have no problem being told a reason as to why I cannot use fitting rooms, but when I am lied to without reason and treated rudely, then something is wrong with the customer service! I will not go back to this store. With management like that - I am happy to spend my money elsewhere.
More The Salvation Army USA Complaints & Reviews
- The Salvation Army - donations spent on officers, not the needy 
- Salvation Army - discrimination 
- The Salvation Army - working for them is horrible 
- The Salvation Army Phoenix Arc - abusive director of rehab services 
- The Salvation Army - stealing from the salvation army 
- The Salvation Army USA - co worker and the back stabbing and lies 
- The Salvation Army USA - discrimination and harassment 
- Salvation Army - refuse to allow customer to test out used electronic devices 
- The Salvation Army USA - service 
- The Salvation Army - screw over and abuse their hardworking employees