the loan modification groupam unsure if is scam or not

M

I am in foreclosure and saw this ad in my local Penny-save <back cover full page>..I am supposed to fill out forms including a 'specific power of attorney one transaction only' along with my last $1650. This is supposed to get a lawyer down in Florida named Daniel H Fox-2875 ne 191st st adventura, Florida 33180. There is a lawyer there by that name <Http:www.yellowpages.com/info-BS320245434/fox-daniel-h/reviews> but I cannot find this business in the BBB, the Hicksville, NY Chamber of Commerce, etc. I need to save my house for myself and my senior handi-capped mother and I do need a response and.or a company you can reccomand is reliable. thank you very much for your time. sincerely mark luftig

• Bc
    BCPalmer Sep 17, 2008

So which is it - scam or not? I wanted to find out more about this company and after reading this article, I'm right back where I started...No helpful information was given.

• Ge
    George Nemi Sep 17, 2008

I can help you. I'm based on Florida and I work with very reputable lawyers. Please call me at [protected]. I'm looking forward to speaking with you.

• Da
    Daniel Fox Sep 18, 2008

My advice to you is to contact your lender directly. If you are patient and persistent your lender should work with you. There are factors that lenders will consider; such as rate adjustments and hardships. As long as you can show your lender that you can sustain an agreed upon payment (certain financial documents will be required) they can assist. Household income must be sufficient to cover all monthly expenses. If you do not make enough money or unemployed, your chances are slim.

As far as back payments, late fees etc., Lenders usually will take a relatively small down payment and place the rest in the rear of the loan. Sometimes lenders will require them to be paid back in a determined amount of time, (have 6-24 months)
    Some provide signature loans at low interest, separate from the mortgage that can be paid back over time.

Lenders have frequently been resetting interest rates that have adjusted to their start rates and fixing them thereon. In some situations lenders have even lowered high fixed rate loans; however, not nearly as often.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, foreclosure situations can be tricky. At this point the lender has incurred 3rd party expenses that they will pay (i.e. unpaid property taxes, insurance, attorneys, and court costs). When much accrues you can rest assure that the down payment to get you out of it will be much greater.

There are many other scenarios that are available for all types of qualifying people.

If you have any questions you may call me directly. This is a legitimate service; however not all can qualify. Furthermore we are a service of convenience only. This task can be completed on your own- but it is quite difficult, time consuming and frustrating. Many customer slip through the cracks when dealing with large banks and/or servicing companies that are in disarray. Our job is to see that if assistance can be had- we make sure it is provided.

Good luck to you.

FYI- regarding the fee, I am not affiliated with the company whatsoever. I am one of several attorneys who do back end processing work. Rests assure both my self and the Loan Solution Company is legitimate. It is always up to the consumer as to what is in their best interests and then determine the next course of action they should take.

Some provide signature loans at low interest, seperate from the mortgage that can be paid back over time.

Nothwithstanding the foregoing, foreclosure situations can be tricky. At this point the lender has incurred 3rd party expenses that they will pay (i.e. unpaid property taxes, insurance, attorneys, and court costs). When much accrues you can rest assure that the downpayment to get you out of it will be much greater.

There are many other scenarios that are avilabale for all types of qualifying people.

If you have any questions you may call me directly. This is a legitimate service; however not all can qualify. Furthermore we are a service of convienence only. This task can be completeld on the your own- but it is quite difficult, time consuming and frustrating. Many customer slip through the cracks when dealing with large banks and/or servicing companies that are in disarray. Our job is to see that if assistance can be had- we make sure it is provided.

Good luck to you.

FYI- regarding the fee, I am not affiliated with the company whatsoever. I am one of several attroneys who do back end processing work. Rest assure both my self and the loan solution company are legitimate. It is always up to the consumer as to what is in thir best interests and then dwetermine the next course of action they should take.

• Dp
    D. Palmer Oct 01, 2008

So, Hicksville New York, did you ever do anything with The Loan Modification Group? I got the exact same phone call (from a guy named Bruce Wayne...thought that was almost too stupid to be made up) and went through the spiel. The same Daniel Fox wants $1450 to reduce my mortgage rate. I'm not in trouble with my mortgage, but have a house that's worth much less that I owe thanks to the one-state recession that is Michigan. According to them, I'm "guaranteed" to have my sub-prime mortgage reduced to a 6% rate. Something just smells fishy.

• Mo
    mocho oro Oct 05, 2008

i worked with maximondo modification consultant corporation ran by a lawyers in chicago (tel.[protected]), and the loan modificaiton takes 60-90 days processing. Sometimes the lender or staff takes too long until the congress thru the bailout bill should pass a law mandatory for the lenders to act for modification within 30 days. I encouraged all homeowners to write your mayors, governors, city council, senators and representative as well as attorney general of each state to draft a law making mandatory for the lender to negotiate and must act within 30 days. i did that and I pleads for everybody to do it to avoid so many forclosures. Some borrowers are so slow in giving the reuqired documents and as well as the lenders. we ar ehandling 20 files every month and it is frustrating that lenders takes so long. However, we were able to help some people especialy that foreclousre and bidding had been set up. You must remember foreclosure laywers are always in connivance with lawyers staff that is why they take too long to amend or negotiate with us. The law should also coverd the foreclosure lawyer, credit rating and foreclosure must be suspened for a year. I am not in favor of bailout because this is for big banks and rich people. I suggest that each us citizen who are 21 years must be given $100, 000 and this costs $30 billions only and i am sure this will stimulate our economy also.

Loan modification is a long process and we as well as borrowers to be patience. SOme modificaiton company charges checp but beware of that and some charged over $3, 500.00. I am also a real estate and mortgage licensed broker in Chicago.

• It
    Ithaca, NY Oct 15, 2008

I'm in the process with working with the Loan Modification group. The agreement on the cost was $1695. However, they took $1950 from my checking account. I notified them right away and they are suppose to refund me the $255 difference. I have yet to see that money, it has been 2 weeks.

I still haven't heard anything about the process and we started in on 9/25/08. I will update you either way. They did tell me it could take up tp 45 days.

• Em
    Emma Thompson Oct 15, 2008

I worked with the Modification group 6 months ago...My lender was Saxton..They werent helping me so When I got the call From Dedra I sent the payment in, I was at 10.5 and am now down to 6.35, and Im able to pay my bills on time. and I couldnt be happier

Emma

• Tt
    TTG Oct 15, 2008

I fell behind on our mortgage. I worked directly with our lender's Loss Mitigation department. I had to be deligent, organized and persistant. It took 6 months, but if you turn in your documents as requested and follow up right away to make sure it get to the right people, and check in every 2 weeks, it is worth it. You will not need to pay anyone to do this for you. I will admit, that it took 5 times to fax our documents, because it would get (lost). Once all of your documents have been recieved, you then need to follow up with the loss mitigation department to make sure you documents were forwarded timely. Our lender placed our past due balance to the end of the loan and lowered our interest rate from 10% to 6.25%. You can do it yourself!

Hand in there... :-)

michele Oct 15, 2008

I too was contacted on my cell phone by someone from Ameribank, affiliated with the Loan Modification Group. He was very cordial but could not tell me much about how he had gotten my number. He asked for my name and number partway through the conversation. He gave me a website and physical address for the company that he represents.

I asked if this had anything to do with the bailout bill, and he said no, but then added later that the bailout bill had made it "easier for attorneys to negotiate mortgage modification, for a small fee." He claimed a 100% or 90% success rate and told me there was a fee for the service but no closing costs or anything else, since this is not a refinance service but rather a renegotiation.

I am not behind on my house payments, nor am I anywhere near foreclosure, but of course I would love to have a lower interest rate and lower payment.

I am still wondering how exactly this guy (Joseph Nese, phone # [protected]) got my cell phone number, which is not a listed number, but did not even know my name when he called.

I checked out the website for his company (mortgagemodtoday.com) and wrote down the address he gave:
    25 Newridge Road
    Hicksville, NY 11801

I have also checked with snopes.com (the urban legends website) and Wikipedia to see if there is any initial information out about this group.

I found nothing listed with the Better Business Bureau.

I do not know what t think about this, so I am going to check with some lawyer friends and see what they say.

• Ry
    Ryan Oct 20, 2008

I am in total satisfaction with the loan modification group out of NY, the helped me save my house. I worked with John Lambert. Daniel Fox who is the attorney on my case did an amazing job...Thanks Loan Modification Group

John Pontz Oct 20, 2008

I was contacted by a very nice young man by the name of Todd Marsi. Mr Marsi contacted me about 2 weeks ago telling me he could help me get out of the adjustable rate I was paying. He was very knowledgeable and was able to make things much more clear for me. Although I was skeptical at first, mr Marsi did a conference call with Mr fox which made me feel much more at ease doing business with him. I have had nothing but good experinences with Mr Marsi and everyone at Mr Fox s office has been Great. If you are going to lose your home or just need to lower your rate I recommend you call Mr Marsi [protected]

• It
    Ithaca, NY Oct 21, 2008

I have received a check for the difference they accidentally cherged me for. I'm still waiting to hear what type of fixed rate I was able to get.

Joan Mcdowell Oct 28, 2008

I have just gotten my loan modification approved by Countrywide! I was a little skeptical about the loan modification group, but I must say im very very happy with the deal they got me. They knocked 4% off my adj rate and made it fixed for the rest of my mortgage! I also was able to get out from behind, and now my monthly payment is $800 less then it was before! The person I dealt with there is Daniel Swirnoff, and his number is [protected]. They are located in hicksville NY and you can even pay by credit card.

Erika Nov 12, 2008

Maximondo MOdificatin Consultant Corp. of Chicago, Il 60618, Tel. [protected] does wholesale loan modificaiton outsouricng processing services.
    We also do consulting for those who want to set loan modificaiton company. This is a business opportnity.

Ideal for mortgge broker or real estate broker.

Laon modification is good and it prevents foreclsoure, short sale and bankruptcy.

If anybody intersted call our marketing director.

Erika Nov 12, 2008

Maximondo Modification Consultant Corp. of Chicago, Il 60618, Tel. [protected] located at 3745 w. montrose, chichicago does wholesale loan modification outsouricng processing services.
    We also do consulting for those who want to set loan modificaiton company. This is a very good business opportunity.

Ideal for mortgage broker or real estate broker.

Laon modification is good and it prevents foreclosure, short sale and bankruptcy.

If anybody interested call our marketing director.

• Br
    Brian B Dec 01, 2008

If you need a mortgage expert and help with a modification, I can help you. I am registered with 6 state banking departments. If you like help please email or call [protected] ext 216 Free 100% no cost consultation

• Mc
    mc1978 Jan 13, 2009

My wife and I were contacted by Martin at The Loan Modification Group. He promised us that they would lower our monthly mortgage payments by $500. We have a fixed rate mortgage and we are not anywhere near forclosure, but we were interested in lowering our mortgage payments. He requested $2750, which we paid by credit card. When he emailed us the paperwork to sign, I was reading it and I found 2 "minor" punctuation errors. This seemed out of place, especially since legal paperwork such as this should not have any errors whatsoever. I immediately called my credit card company and alerted them, and they said that the charge was posted as "School and Education, " probably to make this charge seem like it was from a student loan payment. I called Martin at The Loan Modification Group and he told me that "we owe it to ourselves to finish with the process, since we already charged your credit card." I told him that we signed nothing, and that we had contacted Visa to place a fraud alert on this activity. He said he had a "meeting, " but would call me back in 30 minutes. He did call back, and said that he was refunding the amount onto the card. Needless to say, The Loan Modification Group is conducting some extremely shady business, and I would recommend steering clear of them at all costs.
    FYI...Daniel Fox posted on this thread earlier. If he is in fact an attorney, you can read his post for yourself to see that punctuation and spelling are not his strong suits. Personally, I don't believe that he is an actual attorney.

• Pa
    PaulMolinaroEsq Jan 16, 2009

Words from a Very Outspoken and Opinionated California Litigation Attorney

Here in California, our Department of Real Estate website (dub dub dub dot dre dot gov) lists the companies that have DRE "permission" to modify loans... add to this list any licensed California attorney, and that is where you should begin your due diligence search when you seek help in California. Other states probably have similar laws, so check with your own state DRE and state bar.

My law firm has been getting more and more calls recently from homeowners that were victims of predatory lenders who put them into an unaffordable loan and now fell into the hands of those same people who sold the toxic loans but profess to be saviors... DON’T BE A VICTIM TWICE! What’s that they say, “Fool me once, shame on you, but fool me twice, and I’ll sue your butt!”

Do your homework and THOROUGHLY investigate any firm before hiring them to save your biggest asset and the place you call “home.” Scammers are popping up like dandelions on a freshly mowed lawn in April. They advertise on the Internet, freeway billboards, radio, television, and print media everywhere, not to mention spamming your email box with those third-world widows needing someone to receive three million dollars for them. Make no mistake, in many cases, these “loan modification experts” are the exact same loan officers and mortgage brokers who fleeced homeowners the first time around. After losing their jobs with the crash of the mortgage industry, they have found a new way to make ill-gotten profits from hard-working homeowners through loan modifications.

In California, with very few exceptions (and attorneys are one exception… no coincidence there… attorneys make the laws), it is against the law for anyone to take money up front for helping a homeowner who is in default. Don’t trust a company that begins its relationship with you by breaking the law.

HERE’S THE BOTTOM LINE!

Hire an attorney – and not just any attorney either - one with experience in mortgage law, not just one with real estate law experience but one with experience in both FEDERAL and STATE litigation against mortgage companies, one who doesn’t also do family law, criminal law, admiralty law, and immigration law as well, one who limits the practice to mortgage law (or at least a great majority of it), one who has the experienced staff, training, and know how to take on the big lenders and their top notch lawyers (lenders have attorneys – and darn good ones – check out their counsel on the web – big names top schools, shouldn’t you have a lawyer too?).

We are not talking about a refund on your broken television here, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars and your HOME – if you don’t think this is the time to hire a highly educated and experienced professional instead of a weekend schooled, almost out of work, broker slash loan officer slash “expensive water in a wine bottle with alleged magical curative powers” salesperson, I don’t know what would make you take things seriously.

Of course, this is one obnoxious lawyer's totally biased opinion, but one based on many many distressing calls to my office every day. And, yes, my firm loves taking cases against loan modification companies who have violated laws. This field is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing sections for our mortgage law firm.

- Paul J. Molinaro, Esq.

• Ri
    RichV12 Feb 05, 2009

Litigation – Fraud Representation

Have you paid to receive a Loan Modification previously to a firm that is not a Law Firm? If so, you may be eligible to receive all of your money back plus damages.

As you have seen all over the news, there are many so called “Loan Modification Shops” are out there stating that they can help you with your mortgage and save you from foreclosure. The sad fact is that most of these shops are out there to defraud you and take your money. These are some of the very Mortgage Brokers that preyed on poor victims putting them into loans they could not afford, and now they are back, preying on them to take their money again, taking advantage of them in their situation. In many states, operating as a Loan Modification shop and taking fees up front without being an attorney is illegal.

If you have fallen victim to one of these shops and have given money “up front” before the Loan Modification was completed, you may be eligible for all of your money back, plus damages, regardless of the outcome of the modification.

Need a loan modification? Then you need an attorney.

Are you one of the millions of Americans that are affected by today’s financial markets?

If you have fallen behind on your mortgage, are upside down and facing foreclosure, we can help.
    In situations like this, the banks and creditors have their attorneys working around the clock to make sure their best interests are watched out for. Don’t you deserve the same?

US Advocate Law Group’s sole focus is to look out for Your best interests and protect you from the legal and financial problems that occur when you are behind on your Mortgage or Consumer Credit.

Don’t fall victim to the predatory lenders tactics convincing you that you can do this alone. You need legal counsel on Your side, to help and protect you through this process and get you the help you deserve!

And do not fall victim to other so-called Loan Modification companies, most of whom are working outside the law and cannot be trusted. Your Lender will not work with them to get you what you need. Trust US Advocate Law Group to support and fight for you!
    WE FIGHT BANKS

We are an advocate group, not a service group. We fight predatory lending and represent homeowners and consumers who need our help to work out deals with their banks.
    Our sole focus is on Loan Modifications and in addition to our Attorneys, we employ more than 50 full time Mortgage Professionals including mortgage underwriters, loan processors, loan auditors, and mortgage negotiators. We make sure your file is prepared properly and fast-tracked through the Lender.

We are the Solution You Need. With our focus on Loan Modification and Consumer Debt, you can rest assured knowing that we are focused on your needs.

Links to modifications completed by our firm.

Rich Vaux
    Loss Mitigation Professional

US Advocate Law Group, P.C.
    28202 Cabot Rd #650
    Laguna Niguel, Ca 92677
    [protected] fax

www.USAdvocateLawGroup.com

Michael Meaney Feb 25, 2009

Mr. Molinaro is right on the money with his assessment. I have been in the mortgage/banking industry for the past 25 years. The companies I worked for lost business to the "WAMUs 1.99%/OPTION ARM PRODUCTS (negative am loans), etc." over the past 10 years. You hit it right on the money, the same people that were on "negative am" side of the business are now "working the modification" side of the business.

My wife and I have never been late on our mortgage. We clearly needed help with our mortgage payments though and after our lender showed no interest in discussing a modification (over a period of 5 months), we finally decided to work with an attorney that could guide us through the modification process. Thinking we had adequately completed our research/due diligence regarding this attorney, we made our selection. Over a 2 week period we provided all documention requested (tax returns, paystubs, hardship letter, everything). We were communicating with the attorneys office/modification company on a daily basis for 2 weeks. They concluded that our paper work was in excellent order and we should expect a modification of 25% - 45%. Their representative indicated 35% reduction on both mortgages would not be a problem. The process would take 45 - 60 days and our 1st and 2nd mortgages would be modified. Additionally, two of the modification companys representatives were "extremely" familiar with our 1st mortgage lender (1 of the employees had worked for the lender). Needless to say my wife and I were convinced this attorney's office were professional, knew their way around this process and would greatly assist us in our time of need. Oh, but they stated that they could not proceed without the fee. But once they got the fee it was virtually a done deal (their words).

The real laugh out loud part of this story comes now. We paid this US ADVOCATE LAW GROUP a $4, 500 fee for the modification of our loans. 2 days later we were informed we did not qualify for the modification. That was it. This company will provide no additional information, will return no phone calls and hasn't returned my money. We now realize, after calling at various times during the day from multiple telephones (our calls go directly to voicemail and clearly caller ID is working overtime at this place) that the people we were working with were all mortgage people. Although US ADVOCATE LAW GROUP (located in California) may have attorneys, our experience was clearly with a mortgage operation and we were taken for a $4, 500 ride.

Mr. Molinaro - We are currently working with the OTS and our Senator regarding several problems we have with our 1st lien holder (CW). We now seem to have the attention of our lien holder and are starting to see some positive results. Unfortunately they can not help us in California with this "situation". Would you please direct me to the state agency(s) in California that can provide assistance regarding this fiasco. Needless to say, we are extremely disappointed.

Sincerely,

Michael Meaney

Michael Meaney Feb 26, 2009

As a follow up to yesterdays comments, I have attached additional information. This operation is run by the mortgage/mortgage sales people looking to make big money (see the ad below). The initial comments of the sales staff are that their company is a legal firm (US Advocate Law Group) and their attorneys will battle the mortgage company/banks on your behalf. This was not case for us and the Careerbuilder advertisement validates my comments of yesterday. This advertisement was placed 1/27/09. I only wish I had seen the advertisement at the time, I wouldn't have been scammed out of $4, 500 (which I intend to get back). Please read advertisement below from Careerbuilder and learn from my mistake.

Sales
    Apply Now >>
    Save it | Email It Sending..This job was successfully e-mailed.
    An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later.E-mail this job to a friend... Or yourself!
    Error. Please check that the e-mails are valid.
    From (your e-mail) To (recipient's e-mail) Your name Notes

| Print it Report It
    Job Snapshot Location: Laguna Hills, CA 92653 ( Map it ) Employee Type: Full-Time EmployeeIndustry: Sales - MarketingManages Others: NoJob Type: SalesExperience: At least 3 year(s)Posted: 1/27/2009Contact Information Contact: James ShapardRef ID: BHJOB2308_5953
    Description
    SALES/LAW GROUP/LOAN MODIFICATION

SUPERSTARS ONLY $50K TO $150K

Don't even call unless you are an overachiever and can prove it. Come build an empire within our professional and progressive company. We are in the Loss Mitigation/Loan Modification industry, but we don't hire backgrounds. We hire top producers. If you're average, you can earn $50K with us. If you are a star, you can earn $150K plus. Young or old, if you have the talent, we will know.

EXPERTS PREDICT THAT AMERICA WILL SEE CLOSE TO 9 MILLION FORECLOSURES WITHIN THE NEXT 5 YEARS

The Foreclosure Loss Mitigation Industry NEEDS your help!

The foreclosure problem is spiraling out of control across America due to interest rate increases that are causing Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) payments to rise by 30%, 40% and as high as 50%. The other major causes are Predatory Lending and that American jobs are still continuously being outsourced to other countries. National mortgage defaults and Foreclosures statistics are at 30-year highs and rising rapidly.

You can EASILY earn 6 figures in the Loss Mitigation Industry

There has never been a better opportunity to get into the field of Loan Modification. With mortgage defaults at an all time high, and millions more to come over the next few years, this is only the tip of the ice berg.

Apply through CareerBuilder and someone will contact you for an interview

Key words: Business development, , Sales, Mortgage Broker, Loan officer, Loan Specialist, Real Estate, Real Estate Broker, Real Estate Agent, Account Rep, Account Executive, sales, inbound calls, call center, Mortgage
    Loss Mitigation, loan modification, sales

• Pa
    PaulMolinaroEsq Mar 03, 2009

THE FOLLOWING RAMBLING POST BY ME IS JUST GOOD OLD GENERAL ADVICE POST. IT SHOULD NOT BE APPLIED TO ANY OF THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD. I AM NOT SAYING WHAT ANYONE SHOULD DO IN ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION. YA DIG?

The first place to start with a complaint against an attorney is the State Bar. That is also the first place to look when selecting an attorney. Most of the state bar websites will provide information about an attorney such as date of joining that state's bar, law school name, and a brief disciplinary record.

The State Bar of California takes complaints against lawyers very seriously. Now that loan mod scams are all over the news and a very hot political item, the State Bar has gotten very involved in oversight. The Department of Real Estate would be another place to seek help, although it seems they have gotten overrun with complaints (not their fault, for if they hired the right amount of people for the massive job, one out of every two Californians would be a fraud investigator for the California DRE).

Next, hire a lawyer to get money back. Though it's only $4, 500.00 (I know, I know, it is a lot in actuality), many statutes provide for attorney's fees. So it may be worth seeing exactly what laws if any were broken, if any.

Finally, the least expensive, though it's do-it-yerself, way to get $4500 bucks back is small claims court.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, Esq.

• Lo
    LoanFraudRecovery Mar 03, 2009

This industry must come under control but until then people must become aware of this growing problem. Fight back against loan mod scams visit loanmodlegalhelp.com.

• Lo
    loanmodfromhome Mar 03, 2009

Hello all...

After reading the majority of your complaints I truly feel your pain and concerns.

I am with LoanModFromHome.com, we are the provider of the nation's premier do it yourself loan modification software. Our software is online and accessible from any internet connection; home, work, coffee shop, etc...

Our software takes the information you input and compiles it against federal and lender guidelines to ensure your modification is accepted. In fact, if you receive a denial letter from your lender within 90 days of your purchase, we will refund you $500 of the $595 purchasing price for the software.

We are currently doing online demos of our product Monday through Friday so you can see how it works before you purchase. If you'd like to schedule a demo please contact me at [protected] or via email at [protected]@loanmodfromhome.com

Thank you for your time. Good luck!

Michael Meaney Mar 06, 2009

I do DIG and thanks for your comments Paul.

When an individual is in the business for years, it comes as a great surprise when something of this magnitude actually happens (to my wife and I). I must say, the absolute shock of this ugly experience has now passed and we will pursue every avenue necessary. This US Advocate Law Group operation is quite sophisticated. Speaking with these people, you actually think you are working with an attorney but you're not.

PEOPLE - GET A REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY EXPERIENCED IN THIS LINE OF WORK. THIS THREAD PROVIDES THE STEPS YOU NEED TAKE TO MOVE FORWARD IF YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR MORTGAGE LENDER.

Jacob Mar 11, 2009

Friendly Financial services has helped numerous clients facing the prospect of foreclosure. Please call [protected] for a free consultation to see if we can help you. Please visit our website as well http://www.friendlyfinancialservices.com

ericmorris Mar 25, 2009

LOAN MODIFICATION SCAMS AND RIPOFFS CLASS ACTION

Have you been ripped off by a loan modification company? Were you scammed, lied to or defrauded by a loan modification company? Our law firm is fighting illegal and non-compliant loan modification companies and seeking injunctions to stop them from continuing their illegal activities and also seek money damages to make you whole. Call us for a free initial consultation.

Here are some of the loan modification scams we are seeing. If you have been a victim of any of these activities please contact us for a free consultation. We will look up the loan modification company and see if they are properly licensed to engage in the loan modification business. In addition, we will scrutinize their activities to see if they were negligent in performing loan modification services.

(1) Non-compliant company loan modification scam: In order to perform loan modifications in California a Broker is required. The California Department of Real Estate ("DRE") has declared loan modifications to be a licensed activity. As such, a Broker's license is required and any salesperson working under the Broker must also be licensed. In addition, loan modification marketing, solicitation, processing and negotiation has also been determined to be licensed activity by the DRE. We will investigate your company to see if they are properly licensed. If not, we will seem an injunction preventing them from engaging in the loan modification business and seek to prevent future loan mod scams by the unlicensed or non-compliant entity. Note: If the Broker accepts an advance fee (charges you a fee for the service) they are required to have a loan modification contract that has received a letter of non-objection from the DRE. There are only a limited number of companies with an approved advance fee agreement (we will investigate this).

(2) Attorney-backed / Attorney-based loan modification scam: This is the new flavor of the day in loan modification scams. Attorneys are lending their names and credentials to a loan modification company (which may either be properly licensed or not). The Client thinks they are hiring a lawyer and that they have put their foreclosure issue in the hands of a qualified attorney. In many cases, the Attorney either does not exist, or merely lended the broker the use of the name, address, and merchant credit card account so that the broker can bring in loan modification business by holding itself our as a legal entity of sorts. Both the California State Bar and the DRE have tried to warn both brokers and attorneys about this very questionable conduct that raises issues over attorney fee splitting, partnerships with non-attorneys, circumvention of the California Foreclosure law, and violation of the Attorney-Client relationship. Be very careful when thinking about going with an "attorney based" or "attorney backed" firm. Ask yourself why you wouldn't just go straight to an attorney.

(3) Take the money and run loan modification scam: With the Internet any scam artist can hold itself out as a real company. We are seeing more and more loan modification companies that appear to be operating covertly, in violation of State licensing requirements, and these companies may even be offshore. Do not contract with any company if you cannot verify their physical address and telephone number. Once you give them your money you may not see or hear from them again. Even if you receive a mailer piece from a company that looks to be a legitimate loan modification company, proceed with caution and prudence. If you have been scammed or ripped off by such a company please contact us immediately.

(4) False promises loan modification scam: Did your broker or attorney-backed/attorney-based company promise you something they did not deliver (ex. principal loan reduction, guaranteed loan modification, 100% money-back-guarantee, etc.) and fail to deliver? If so, they may have either ripped you off (fraud, deceit) and/or failed to properly process your loan modification (professional negligence). Many loan modification companies will hold themselves out as "loan modification experts" or "loan modification specialists" even though this business is fairly new and even though the loan modification company may have had no special sill, training or experience in this field.

(5) The loan audit that never happened loan modification: Many brokers and attorney-backed companies are representing that they will get your loan modification processed faster and more efficiently and get you a better loan modification because they will have a "loan audit specialist" or attorney or law firm conduct a forensic loan audit. We have seen many cases where either no loan audit is performed or a lousy one paragraph summary is provided that makes it questionable whether or not the loan audit was ever performed. Especially in regard to Option ARM loans and NEGAM loans we would expect a more thorough loan analysis.

This is just a short list of the types of loan modification scams, frauds, rippoffs and negligence we are investigating on behalf of our homeowner clients. If you feel you have been lied to, cheated, ripped-off, abused or neglected by your loan modification company, please contact us.

We are a law firm licensed to practice law in California. We will provide you a free initial consultation, and if your case qualifies (most do) then we will take your case on contingency and seek money damages and attorney fees caused by the loan mod scam artist.

This is an advertisement and communication pursuant to State bar rules. We only seek to represent California homeowners with this service. This article is not legal advice or intended to serve as legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by sending us an email or phone call.

Contact Us:
    [protected] Fax
    www.lawsclg.com
    [protected]@lawsclg.com

madona Mar 30, 2009

Loan modification services is done by Law and Acounting office of Shaun Kim in Chicago, Illinoi (tel.[protected], and the loan modificatin takes 60-120 days processing. Sometimes the lender or staff takes too long until the congress thru the bailout bill should pass a law mandatory for the lenders to act for modification within 30 days. I encouraged all homeowners to write your mayors, governors, city council, senators and representative as well as attorney general of each state to draft a law making mandatory for the lender to negotiate and must act within 30 days. i did that and I pleads for everybody to do it to avoid so many forclosures. Some borrowers are so slow in giving the reuqired documents and as well as the lenders. we are handling 20 files every month and it is frustrating that lenders takes so long. However, we were able to help some people especialy that foreclosure and bidding had been set up. You must remember foreclosure lawyers are always in connivance with lawyer's
    staff that is why they take too long to amend or negotiate with us. The law should also covered the foreclosure lawyer, credit rating and foreclosure must be suspened for a year. I am not in favor of bailout because this is for big banks and rich people. I suggest that each us citizen who are 21 years must be given $100, 000 and this costs $30 billions only and i am sure this will stimulate our economy also.

Loan modification is a long process and the borrowers must be patience. Some
    modification company charges but beware those illegal companies and some charged over $3, 500.00. We charged $1800 per file. We do also wholesale loan modification
    back-end processing services.
    We do also bankruptcy, immigration, short, foreclosure, tax matters.

Contact our marketing coordinators, email [protected]@yahoo.com
    Tel. [protected]

• Si
    sietha Apr 04, 2009

I am going to do my loan modification through daniel Fox attorney. anybody knows he is real. i am mailing to somebody my papers . so i am not sure .so please comment on .thanks
    sietha

• Li
    Lifetime Broker Apr 07, 2009

No one needs to pay for a modification. contact your lender directly and send them the paperwork they ask for. It takes about 30 days. If you don't like the first response ask to speak with the manager. The most important thing you have to do is provide a family budget showing how you can afford the house after the modification. And most are forms provided by the lender. One of the things most overlooked is the fact that most credit cards companies are also modifying their rates. Most of my cards have been dropped to as low as 6% and it really helps. Most of these loan modification companies are ex-subprime loan reps who have nothing to sell anymore. They are just chasing a buck. I've been a government loan officer for 25 years and i get emails daily asking me to signup with these companies. Do not pay them a dime.

• We
    wendy May 04, 2009

This company is a SCAM. Do not give them your money. We gave them $1950 and now they are no longer returning our calls and we are struggling to keep our home. Do not give them your money. You are welcome to email me at [protected]@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

• Va
    Valea F May 22, 2009

My family and I are experiencing the same problem with this Loan Modification Group. We were contacted by Dexter Bostick advertising his company, Loan Modificaiton Group, that will help me modify my loan with my bank. They asked me to pay $1995.00. We were promised that they will negotiate with our bank and will do a much better job than us, if we tried by ourselves. They expressed how impossible it would be for us to try to speak and fight with our bank by ourselves. So we agreed.

At first, they were helpful and kept calling us in need of more information. However, we became frustrated when they kept asking us for the same things over and over again, lengthening the time we had to receive a good result. They suggested that we don't pay several months. It makes me angry that they did not inform us of the things we needed to show and how the process works. pretty soon, we tried calling them and they would not respond or would ask for messages and our number, and then not calling us back.

We knew we were not going to get anywhere with these people, and started to call the banks ourselves. We got farther with the process by ourselves than these lawyers promised us they would. Our advice is to START THE PROCESS YOURSEL[censored] DON'T WAIT FOR THEM TO DO ANYTHING!! When we told our bank about us having a lawyer on our part, they did not even have their contact information!! These lawyers promised us that the bank would contact them, and they did not even give the bank their contact information! It makes me angry!! ALL I WANT IS MY MONEY BACK!!

I DON' T WANT THEIR SO-CALLED HELP ANYMORE!!

BY: An Angry Mother who wants her money back!

markk661 May 29, 2009

i came across us advocate law group 12 weeks ago i have had the worst time getting any information regarding my loan mod.nobody returns my calls or calls me every week with an update, i submitted all my info and they sat on it till now and i am still not sure if they have done anything.I am not comfortable with the decision i made to use us advocate law group iam worried it is a scam and i am now in forclosure. mark

Ericka garcia Jun 16, 2009

Maximondo modification is a marketing company and ceased operation since 2008.

They are no longer in business since 2008.

Ideal for mortgage broker or real estate broker.

If anybody interested call our marketing director.

• Ke
    Kevin Legg Jun 24, 2009

Does a gentleman named Don Williams work for your company?

• Ap
    A.Person2 Jul 27, 2009

The Statement that was made about TLP Financial Services being linked to anyone of those companies is not true. I have done substantial research on TLP and have found no links to these companies. I have done business with them and as far as I can see, they have been on top of my process and have given me nothing but great service. I have even refered family to them.

• Ap
    APerson Aug 04, 2009

A.Person2 is a liar. Too bad he/she doesn't know how to conduct any research, let alone "substantial research." Apparently A.Person2 is so stupid (he/she can't even come up with an original nic), that he couldn't find TLP Financials Web Site at:

Of course, A.Person2 could have also called his buddy, Nick, at TLP Financial Services at:

[protected] ext 416
    or
    [protected]

Just be careful though - when TLP Financial Services doesn't answer their phones, you might get connected to Samantha at US Financial Products (another one of the scam companies) who will then tell you to "f-off." Tell us, did you refer your mother to TLP Financial Services? Did Samantha tell her to f-off too?

BTW, the California Department of Corporations is now investigating at least one of the companies listed in my previous post. Maybe A.Person2 should call them the next time he/she wants to conduct "substantial research."

• Pe
    PERSAUD1334 Jun 03, 2010

DO NOT DEAL WITH GO JAY ENTERPRISES OR GO JAY LOAN MODIFICATION IN HICKSVILLE. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAMMERS IN THE AREA AND THEY NOW SWITCHED TO A WIRELESS COMPANY, GJ WIRELESS, THAT WILL MOST LIKELY RIP PEOPLE OFF. THEY TOOK MONEY FROM HUNDREDS OF HOMEOWNERS AND DID NO WORK. THEY COULDN'T EVEN AFFORD TO KEEP THEIR PHONE LINES UP. THE CEO NICK SINGH AND HIS FATHER JAY "JASBIR" SINGH HAVE BEEN SCAMMING PEOPLE IN LONG ISLAND FOR YEARS THREW VARIOUS COMPANIES. WHEN I WENT IN TO COMPLAIN THEIR OWN EMPLOYEES COMPLAINED OF CHECKS BOUNCING AND BREAKING LABOR LAWS BY HAVING HIGH SCHOOL KIDS DO THEIR COLD CALLING. I WENT TO CHECK MY FILE AND SAW FORGED SIGNATURES FROM MYSELF STATING MY INCOME. WHEN I ASKED WHO PUT THESE FILES TOGETHER THEY TOLD ME MIKIE SINGH SO I'M ASSUMING ITS A FAMILY OWNED COMPANY. REGARDLESS LEAVE THIS COMPANY AND FAMILY ALONE. GO JAY ENTERPRISES AND THE SINGH FAMILY ARE CON-ARTISTS.

• Ge
    Genemo May 03, 2013

My name is Genemo Gebeyessa Wariyo, I live in Portland Oregon. I was trying to apply for Making home Affordable Program. some group using your name sent me a notice HUD Relief paper I call the number on the notice they told me the work with HUD. they asked me proof of my income I sent to them then they sent me Making Home Affordable Program application form and said also congratulation you have approved you monthly payment is $ 794.87 you will be required to pay three trial payments for May, June and July 2013. They asked me to fax the document to Fax number [protected] and sent $5871.00 to payable to Trustee Service address I sent to the address 3183 Wilshire Blvd 196-L, Los Angeles, CA, 90010. Finally I sent the money and they disappeared, i try to contact them numerous times by the phone number they provided for me but they never replied, or answered the phone.
    Therefore is there please if there is anyway that i can get some help with this situation,
    my phone number is # [protected]
    my e-mail [protected]@gmail.com
    -- please contact me at anytime

Sincerely