The Law Offices of Sidney MickellCOLLECTION

J

received harrassing computer phone calls from collection agency who claims their an attorney. talked to somebody about resovling my account, but said that if I didn't pay in full I was possibly going to court.

• Ge
    getalife101 Nov 18, 2009

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU SHOULD PAY YOUR BILLS AND QUIT RUNNING.

• Mm
    m moi Sep 24, 2009

A "Mr. Cutts" called here and left a message on v.m. for me to return his call, even though I know this has to be a collection call about my partner, who has let a LOT of debts go bad. "Cutts" said he didn't know if this was the best number, or if he should just call me at work. (There are no messages at my work number...) He also called my brother's house (in a different state!) and my mother, within about 20 minutes, trying to find me. He really upset my sister-in-law when she answered the phone because she was at home with the flu. She and I had both Googled the number, and they seem to be really slimy collections. The folks are away, but I found a message from "Cutts" using my mother's first name on their answering machine. From what I read on-line, they have bought bad debt from CareCredit/GE Financing, which is one of my partner's big bad debts... Really annoying.

• Ro
    rosie Apr 16, 2009

I totally agree. I just received a phone call from a friend who got a call from their friend (who is in another city)who said that some one from Mickell Law Offices([protected], was trying to locate me due to urgent business and how could they do that ? They claim to have called my home (but I have no messages) and they would like to know how they could reach me! I don't know the people who received the call very well and how this Law Office (?) could get their name or number I have no idea.
    I also have no idea why they want to speak to me either.

• Bu
    Bud Hibbs disciple Apr 13, 2009

These guys violate FDCPA constantly, immediately put them on notice, request validation of debt and you can hear their knees shake. They are basically a group of undereducated underachievers and are a franchise of collect america. their owners are out of state, let them take you to court and watch them scramble to settle for 30-40% of what you owe, remember they purchased the debt for about 5-10 cents on the dollar, classic telephone tough guys.

Jane Nov 21, 2008

Mike Martinez from this law office keep calling me at work, not only harassing me but my employers as well. Where can I file a formal complaint about this? They are in violation of the law.