The Irish LotteryLottery scam

L

I got an email about having won $750, 000.00 pound sterling, which I can claim by emailing my name, address & phone number to the Allied Irish Bank. I feel like an idiot, because I responded by emailing the requested information & my bank account number to AIB. Here's the contact information I was given:

ALLIED IRISH BANK (GB)
Transfer Department
Allied Irish Bank (GB)
Mr. Craig Ashton
Allied Irish Bank (GB)
Operations Department
London Drummonds
49 Charing Cross
GB - Admiralty Arch SW1A 2DX.
Tel: +[protected]
+[protected]
Fax: +44-[protected]
Official Email(AIB (GB)):transfer.aib.[protected]@btinternet.com

For the purposes of making the claim, here's the ticket details I was given:

ID: FWC/IRS/8971
Ref: UK/9420x2/68
Batch: 074/05/zy369

I now think I've been scammed & don't know what to do about the fact that I've given them my personal details.

Advice please.
Thanks.

• Ye
    yerramilli naresh Nov 30, 2007

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:46:43 -0800
    From: "News Center" <sr.[protected]@adelphia.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
    Subject: Confirm Your Winning Amount

The Irish Lottery P O Box 101011
    G Lower Dorset Street, Dublin 1,
    Ireland (Customer Services)

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash prize of
    £750,000(GBP) in cash credited to file KTU/[protected]/03. held on
    the 10th Nov.The selection process was carried out
    through random selection in our computerized email selection
    system(ess) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn
    from which you were selected.

The Irish National Lottery is approved by the Uk Gaming Board.
    In other to claim your won Amount contact the Customer Support Unit

Name Of Claims Agent:Mr Derek White
    Email:[protected]@hotmail.com
    Tel:+[protected]

Provide him with the information below:
    1.Full Name:

Yours faithfully,
    Sir. Edward Morton
    Online Coordinator .

Jorge Navarro Oct 13, 2008

Did you ever make the transaction? I am in the same situation and I am hessitant as to whether I should pursue this or not.

• St
    Stella Oct 30, 2008

Hello Everybody, the Allied Irish Bank is true and i have won before and recieved my Winnings through the Bank before.

You all should stop saying bad about the bank.

I LOVE THE BANK.

Ciao.

• Co
    corina Nov 10, 2008

Hello I'm from Romania.Am received a mail in which I say is that I won the 750 pounds, and I asked him to bancar.Din Fortunately we have not sent anything. there is a delicacy? not know how to make money ###.nobody takes any action in these cases? do something people.expect answers to [protected]@yahoo.com

• Al
    al Nov 24, 2008

i have recieved the same message with the same number dnt now what to do

• Li
    lina Jan 31, 2009

i have recieved the same message with the same number dnt now what to do
    [protected]@hotmail.com

malika Mar 03, 2009

i 've received the same message that I win a again of sum but I didn't know how I mudt do, please, idvise me.

[protected]@yahoo.fr

Ref Number: UK-BTL/4910XI/04
    Batch Number: 12/25/0304

IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS{(FWC/IRS/8971}

Attn: Winner,

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that your Verification and Fund Release form has passed through the proper legal verification processes and has sucessfully passed all standards in accordance with the Irish National Lottery Terms and Conditions.This is also to notify you that you have been officially cleared for payment by the verifications and fund release department at the Irish National Lottery Headquarters and your winnings has been approved for release to you.

I am in reciept of your mail and i must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of our winners in this years lucky dip sweepstakes. As you already know your email address was randomly selected along with others from over 100, 000 Unions on the internet. Each email address was attached to a ticket number. Your email address was selected as winner.Note that your winnings can be delivered in the next 24-48 hours upon your contacting the Societe Generale Bank, who is responsible for the swift bank transfer of your winning funds into your bank account.So you should contact them urgently to get your winnings.

It is our major priority as your fiduciary agent to make sure that your winning funds gets to you within the stipulated time for the claiming of winning, with that goal set in our mind in this office, we have deposited your winning funds with Societe Generale Bank and the sum of £1.350, 000 GBP (One million, three hundred and fifty thousand, pounds sterling) has been deposited in your name.

Now you are to contact the bank with the contact information below for futher instructions on how to transfer your winning funds into your norminate personal account in your local country.

You should contact the Societe Generale Bank immediately without any delays, for your winnings had already been deposited with them for onward transfer to your personal account.

Note that you are to provide the Bank with these details to identify you:

*Full Names :

Tel: +[protected]
    +[protected]
    Fax: +[protected]
    Official Email: [protected]@btinternet.com

Its is imperative that you add your IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS{FWC/IRS/8971} as the subject of any correspondence with the Societe Generale Bank and your Full name and Address to ensure that they respond in a timely manner.

I will require a concise update on proceedings with the Societe Generale Bank as soon as you are in contact with them. If you need any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Once more congratulations!!!

Yours Sincerely,
    Dr Henry McCartney.
    Fiduciary Agent.
    ReplyReply AllMove...192BLAK CRAPCRAPfishgenealogy.comgenigoogleIBRAHIM BLACK SOB ST...jobsmyspacenetvibesnokiaourmediaOVIslidespinexpresstribalpagesvirginvodpodWIKIPEDIAwordpressyahooyoutube

• Mo
    morgz Jun 19, 2009

...hi there, i am from australia and i to received this e-mail about wining the lottery, i took the next step and gave them my details, but before i did that i looked up the lottery website and the bank, they seemed to be legitimate. the sight said copyright (but who cant copy and paste).

i called the bank number that was given and spoke to a man who sounded brazilian and only said hello (if u worked at a bank you would say the banks name and ur name n how may i assist you, or something like that.) i was a lil worried because now they have my details.

my partner then rang him back and asked him what country he was in what the prime minister of the UK was. he couldn't answer n then just hung up.

We then realized that i had been scammed, SO PLEASE anyone who gets this delete it, NO report it so these ### mungrels will be put behind bars.

PLEASE i don't want anyone to become a victum of a scam or worse identity theft... oh and anyone who comments and says that they to received an e-mail and they have one, just STOP to think that it could just be the scammers writing this... thanks

• Ag
    agent_01 Nov 04, 2009

guys, FYI- it's so easy to check whether this is a scam or not but this is absolutely 200% SCAM!! FIRST, you may want to check if the email of the sender is legit or not by simply copy-pasting it to google. Intelligent google will then give you info about the legitimacy of the address right away.. SECOND, check the spelling of the website and the domain of the email address, normally there are some misspelled words or interchanged letters, you can really notice it if you are aware of it. Next, check the bottom right of the webpage if there is a lock icon on the status bar, the when you placed your mouse pointer will give you a message that says "Authenticated by Verisign Inc" or message of the same intention. . because if this is a secured site, surely there is one. Lastly, NO LEGITIMATE EMAIL WILL ASK YOU OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SPECIALLY YOUR SSN, CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND OTHER FINANCIAL INFORMATION, so PLEASEEE!!! Don't give it out! "REMEMBER: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS LOTTERY WINNINGS ON THE INTERNET. SO TO LEARN MORE, READ ABOUT THE 419 NIGERIAN SCAM". And i think that the person who then claimed to have won in the first few entries, that person is also "one of them" trying to create diversion and trying to convince poeple that this is a real thing. I hope i was able to give you guys if not the best, well at least a better information about these things...

• Te
    TERRY LEE Jan 11, 2010

I RECENTLY RECEIVED THE EMAIL STATING I HAVE WON AND THEY WANT BE TO SEND 513 POUNDS BEFORE RELEASING THE WINNINGS THROUGH WESTERN UNION...I WANT A LAWYER TO HANADLE THIS IS THIS A SCAM OR IS IT TRUE ONCE I SEND THE WESTERN UNION 48-72 HOURS I WOULD
    RECEIVE MY WINNINGS...PLEASE RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL...[protected]@GMAIL.COM

• Wi
    Winderberg Jan 14, 2010

The irish lottery is real. winners have always been transferred their winnings by the Allied Irish Bank. I worked there at the bank [protected]) and since the partnership between the lottery board and the bank, all won prizes have been transferred to winners except for rejectted winnings by winners.

• St
    steven hendra Apr 09, 2010

contact transfer department‏
    From: British National Lottery ([protected]@live.co.uk)
    Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 9: 11 PM

================================
    Ref Number: UK/9420X/05
    Batch Number: 074/05/ZY369
    Ticket number: [protected] 188
    Lucky Numbers: 05, 06, 17, 20, 28, 42 (Bonus 33)
    ================================

Claims Processed On Behalf Of Winner

Attn:Steven Hendra

Congratulations on emerging as one of our lucky award winners! BRITISH NATIONAL Lottery offers awards to Lucky owners of selected emails that came out in our Random Draws. You have therefore been approved to go ahead and claim your funds which amounts to 1, 000, 000 (One million pounds sterling). This sum is gathered from our Sponsors consisting of over 100, 000 websites and association.

To get your funds transfered to you, we have processed your claims and the winning amount has been transfered to our payment bank for immediate transfer to you .Your funds have been adequately insured by an Insurance Firm here in the UK. With the context of this insurance, your funds are RESTRICTED from been tampered with by any other person till they are remitted to you.

Please, contact our payment bank responsible for the transfer of your funds to you. To contact them, please make use of the following contact details:

Bank Name: ALLIED IRISH BANK
    Account Officer: THOMAS COX.
    Email:info.[protected]@btinternet.com

Hot Line-For Emergencies call:
    TEL: +[protected]
    FAX: +[protected]
    Mon-Sat 8am-6pm

NOTE: SEND ALONG SIDE YOUR EMAIL TO THE BANK YOUR VERIFICATION FORMS TO ENABLE THEM GET BACK TO YOU QUICKLY.

*Name of Beneficiary --------------
    *Next of Kin: --------------
    *Age: --------
    *AMOUNT WON:
    *In Figures: -----------

Thank You and once again, Congratulations!

Warm Regards...
    Mr. jack Taylor
    British National Lottery.

• Sm
    smad May 15, 2010

Hello I'm from iran.Am received a mail in which I say is that I won the [protected] pounds, and I asked him to bancar.Din Fortunately we have not sent anything. there is a delicacy? not know how to make money [censor].nobody takes any action in these cases? do something people.expect answers to [protected]@Gmail.com

• Sm
    smad May 15, 2010

Hello I'm from iran.Am received a mail in which I say is that I won the89193400 pounds, and I asked him to bancar.Din Fortunately we have not sent anything. there is a delicacy? not know how to make money [censor].nobody takes any action in these cases? do something people.expect answers to [protected]@Gmail.com

• Sy
    SYED ABUTHAKIR Jun 19, 2010

SIR, U HAVE RECEIVE ANY AMOUNT TRANSFER FROM (INTERNATIONAL REMITTANCE/FOREIGN OPERATION DEPARTMENT)

• Je
    Jenna S Aug 01, 2011

This really is just a common sense issue. I hate to say it but there you go. There is no lottery that will pay out sums of money without any form of purchase. A lottery works in a very simple way, you buy a ticket for a chance to win. If you haven't bought a ticket (or at the very least entered a competition) then its a scam!! There is no British National Lottery or a lottery that is based on email addresses. There is no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to the internet let alone a free MILLION pounds!! I wouldn't even bother opening these emails you can tell its a scam by the subject box. I know its tempting as everyone would love to win a large sum of cash without lifting a finger but once your contact details get into the hands of these nasty little fraudsters they get passed around to other nasty little fraudsters in the form of a 'suckers' list. So you will be bombarded by similar scams from all angles. Please whatever you do, DO NOT EMAIL YOUR BANK DETAILS!!! Think about what they are worth in the wrong hands. You wouldn't hand a stranger in the street your credit card or bank statement would you?!!! Its the same thing. These nasty, sweaty little men (probably with small d*cks) are getting away with it far too easily please don't make it even easier. The simple way to avoid all of this is to delete all unsolicited emails from addresses you don't recognise. Most web-based email has a junk mail filter now which you can add dodgy email addresses to, so the pesky things never make it to (clog up) your inbox in the first place!! Remember if it seems too good to be true then its boll*cks!

• Sh
    sheriff holmes Mar 13, 2018

Thanks to mastermindhackers. wordpress. com for helping me in transfering the sum of $5000 from my account in new york to my account in colombia.for more info on how to go about yours, kindly email [protected]@gmail.com

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices