The Grocery OutletFalsely accused of stealing

A

On 12-31-2010 at approx. 630pm I went to The Grocery Outlet on Wilson Way in Stockton, CA., owned by The Grocery Outlet Inc. in Berkeley, CA. I had a few minutes to spare before picked up a pizza so, I thought I would go in and check out the store. I looked at the 50% off holiday items, the pet items and then went to the hair care products. I took a few minutes to read the back of a few products and selected a few to purchase.

As I was walking to the register, two store employees hurried toward me and one said to me (as he grabbed my arm) you need to come with us so we can call the police. I replied, "No, I'm o.k. Whats going on?" The same employee responded, take the items out of your pocket. I pulled my pockets inside out showing only my keys. I took off my jacket and shook it, trying to hand it to the men. As store shoppers looked on as well as store employees, I was mortified. I have NEVER in my life stole anything! I work for the justice system.

I was then told to leave and never come back. I was in shock, for once in my life I had nothing to say. I have never been so embarrassed in all my life and never been treated with such disrespect.

I believe the men owed me an apology but instead I was told to leave and not to ever come back.