The Grant UniversityFraudulent Charges

I like the rest or at least most of you ordered a grant CD from The Grant University and also Grant Dollars Now. While the cost of the CD's was not very much, the final cost of doing business with these scammers was to high for me. After ordering these two CD's I was charged $69.95 from grant univ. and $58.61 from Grant dollars now, I was also somehow signed up for accounts with SBA Connections for $13.42 per mo., IWB Club at $29.95 mo., Grantforyoutoday at $58.61 per mo., My grant for you at $13.42 per mo., Thats a total of 243.96 which I did not order, signup for or even know about until I received my credit card statement which like most you had OVERLIMIT FEES that added up. I was able to get the credit card company to dispute one of the carges and I was able to get the IWB Club to issue a refund of $29.95 there is still alot of outstanding fraudulant charges on my account. Since this all started in December or2008 and it is now May 5th 2017 the credit card company tells me it is too late to do anything about it, even though I filed disputes with them about these fees well within the time limit. I filed disputes for all of these charges on-line at the credit card companies website, to which they replied that they never got the disputes. So now who do I turn to? Well I am turning to all of you - I want to file a Lawsuit against the Fraudulant Grant Companies and any Bank or Credit Card company that is or was not willing to help stop these charges and thier overlimit fees from adding up. The banks that hold these credit card accounts have been ripping off the public for to long now, They have lined the pockets of Our Government Officials to pass laws and look the other way so that they can raise interest rates which until not long ago (I will have to find out exactly when) could not be more than acertain cap, which I think was like 19.99%, in any case now they ar raising rates on consumers faster than the price of gas, sme rats as high as 39.99%, Thats nearly 40% yrly. or 3.333% per month. The Government back when they took care ofits citizens would not let these banks charge so high an interest rate, you can get bette rates from a loan shark. I have a credit score of 783, thats pretty good, but I still get credit card rates as high as 28.99% and as low as 12.15%. What I am trying to say here is that your credit card company has an incentive to let these fraudulnt companies charge our accounts because they are raking in the dough and to be quite frank most consumers do not even look at thier statement much less file a dispute if they have charges that don't belong to them. So the banks make out even with what few accounts they have to put a credit on.

If you are interested in joining me in filing a class action Lawsuit to stop this abuse and to shut down a buch of fraudulant scamming websites then please e-mail me at [protected]@yahoo.com
I hope that there are some of you who want to put a stop to this type of fraud and will join me, And please anywhere you can, warn people about these scammer companies, if we don't look out for each other no one else will either. It is not right for peopleto get rich off of the people who need help the most. We have to take back our country and rid it of this new breed of thieves.

Sincely, Jeffrey Rogers

madashellatiwb Aug 13, 2010

this so called company IWB has ripped me off twice now to the tune of 1600.00, after agreeing with them the first time for a one time charge of 805.00 i sent the money over the phone and recieved almost nothing in return for my hard earned money, six months later they billed me another 799.00 without my knowledge until the credit co. e-mailed me of a large purchase being posted to my account. i am trying to resolve this with them but keep getting the runaround, they do not return calls. they are lucky they are in florida and not in ohio or they would be getting a very unpleasent visit by myself, these [censor] should be lined up and shot...

• Fe
    FerRonda May 12, 2009

I never signed up for this and I have asked for them to put the money back into my account and they haven't yet and I have also asked for them to reimburse me for the 3 months prior to me figuring out what was going on with my account and finding out who the heck IWB is. They are suppose to send a form to me to fill out asking for the 3 months 90.00 dollars total reimbursement via email and haven't seen it either.

Joseph Paul Lanngton May 05, 2009

I am researching the possibility of filing a class action suit regarding banks and credit card companies who allow fraudulent charges on customer credit cards. If you've been duped into paying a "small fee", the found unauthorized charges on your credit card, contact me with details. Your name will remain CONFIDNTIAL.

Send details to [email protected]

Thanks...Joseph Paul Langton

• Pa
    Paul Jump Apr 23, 2009

Have a $30.00 charge on my checking account. Need to remove it ASAP

• Jd
    jdykstra Apr 22, 2009

Grant Funding Search ripped me off on the $1.98 CD! I called the number the day after I paid for the CD on 3/3 but on 3/9 was charged $69.95! When it showed on my account on 3/11 I called and got an India Indian who didn't speak English very well. I told him I had cancelled on 3/3 after my order on 3/2 by calling the number. He said hold on, after about 30 seconds he's back online and says he can't find any trace of what I'm talking about! He says he'll cancel my membership now and I won't be able to log into the members area anymore (like I ever did!). I said OK so when would I receive a refund? He says they don't do refunds and Hung UP on ME!

I was going to just chalk it up to experience, since I did think there was anything I could do about it (they did have my debit card # though). And now it's been almost 60 days and I find another $30 charge by IWB Club! I cancelled thru Grant Funding Search in March but It looks like they sold my personal info to IWB (which wasn't even mentioned when I sent for the CD). And if you go to their website: http://www.iwbclub.com/ it is only a log in page!

Tommorow my checks will bounce and my money won't be in there til the next day!

Another thing... Their privacy terms are [email protected]: now I am on about 100 spam lists!

• Yo
    youshie03 Apr 21, 2009

I want my money put back on my card immediently! I never authorized this charge of $30.00 to be charged to my card! I will call them tomorrow and get my money back on my card!!!

• Ju
    JUDY FARRELL Apr 20, 2009

UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE OF $30.00 ON MY CARD.

• Dm
    DMD Apr 04, 2009

they have charged me 29.95 on my credit card and i have no idea who they are have tried to cancel and was on hold for an hour please stop these people from stealing my money.

• Bo
    Bonny Apr 02, 2009

I do not know where this came from, I just know it was on my account. I never ordered it and they took $29.95 from me.

Angela Peck Mar 28, 2009

Who the heck is IWB Club and why are they taking money off my credit card ?? They took out $29.00. For what?

• Ni
    NightOwl Dec 13, 2008

After I ordered the 1.98 "free" CD, i was emailed a user name and password to view their website while they mail me the CD. The user name and password did not work. Thinking I wrote down the wrong password, I emailed for it and got no reply. At that point, I knew something was seriously wrong. I googled and found this message board. Based on what you guys wrote, I went to the website again and found the terms and conditions which were hidden in a link near the bottom of the web page. The terms and conditions says by ordering the "free" CD, you will be charged this and that if you do not cancel within a certain number of days. So, to say that the CD is free is clearly misleading to say the least. I have sent them a email to cancel my service and have got a email confirmation that it has been cancelled. I will monitor my credit card to make sure i am not charged. I also called this other place mentioned on the terms and condition page to cancel a service i supposedly agree to when i ordered the 1.98 CD. To sum up, if someting appears to be too good to be true, be extra, extra careful. I wish there are more regulations around transparency on hidden charges and fees. This kind of website is just not acceptable.

• Re
    regina cimino Dec 08, 2008

just paid $1.98 for cd information on how to obtain a grant. they gave me my username and login code and said i can use the site immediately, when i tried to use the site it stated that my username and login code are not valid. and now i have come to this site and found so many others have made the same mistake i just made in trusting this site on government grants. i hope i can put a stop to them trying to take 69 dollars from me which was not advertised in there literature.

• 25
    2547 Nov 30, 2008

I agree this is a scam How are they allowed to keep operating like this

• Valerie Nov 26, 2008

I ordered a Cd from the grant university which advertised Free cd, just pay 1.98 shipping and handling and they will send information to get Free money from grants on 10/21/08. The cd arrived on 10/25/08 and did not even work. Now I find out that I was charged 69.95 today 10/29 for membership. I did not authorize any membership. I called the toll free number and was told I did not cancel within the 7 days trial. How could I, the cd did not arrive until 10-25. They do not tell you that a 7 day trial membership starts when they MAIL the cd. Now I have a charge that put my credit card over the limit and have extra charges for over the limit and the still cannot use the CD, the grant professor!!! This company is a ripoff. DO not order anything from them.

• Ju
    jule Nov 12, 2008

I had to cancel my debit card, and have new one issued with a new account number. My bank at first refunded the $$. But then went into dispute with GU and they sent them paperwork that said I had agreed with the stipulations of the program ( I did not click on agree) so they had to debit the amount back out. My bank said I could contact the legal part of this company and that they would provide me with a number and password to cancel. This has yet to happen. But do cancel your debit or credit card and get a new one with a new number or they can debit each month.

• Ni
    Nik Nov 11, 2008

Did you ever get it fixed? I'm in the same situation. With Christmas right around the corner, my newborn and 3 year old are going to suffer because of this immoral and down right wrong company. I want to do something to get my money back but I don't know what to do.

• Ri
    Richard R Fisher Nov 01, 2008

This 'company' has failed to give full disclosure of their intent to collect $69.95/month from our checking account. They led us to believe that there was a one-time fee of $1.98 for shipping and handling of a CD on how to obtain a government grant. They then conned my wife on a later date by telephone into buying the same CD without providing her with the additional terms of $69.95/month. They then, WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION, withdrew 139.90 from our checking account in the month of October!!! This caused our checking account to go negative and our bank then charged us $87.00 for NSF!!! We want our money back as well as the NSF fees that they costed us!!!

• Pi
    Pissed Off Oct 09, 2008

I inquired about the grants online last week. They gave me a phone call on 10/8/08. I spoke with a guy and at first it seemed legit. I was told that there was only $1.98 charge for shipping & handling. I gave my info and then the guy mentioned something about a trial membership and afterwards said that there would be a charge of 69.99. He started trying to fast talk me and I told him to just cancel the whole thing. He gave me a customer service number [protected]. I called as soon as I got off the phone with him. I got a voice message that said the office was closed and the office hours were from 8-5. So I called the number that he called from. He then told me that he would send my request for cancellation and I asked him how do I know that? He could tell me anything then charge my card. So I got off the phone with him and called the 877 number back and spoke with a female. She then told me that I couldn't get my 1.98 back but will cancel the 69.99. Oh and she claimed that a manager wasn't there. I went off on her and she said that they would call me back in an hour. It was BS. So I got off the phone and received a call from them wanting me to confirm the order and I hung up. To fix that I called and cancelled my card. They can keep the 1.98 but won't get any money from me. Before I cancelled, I called and transferred my money into my bank account. SO TO EVERYONE THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF IT!! DON'T TRUST. CHECK OUT COMPANIES ON [redacted].COM. I did after the fact and guess who had a bad report!!