The Grant UniversityFraud

C

I ordered their 7 day preview of their free grant program. On the fifth day, I was so frustrated that I could not clearly understand their website and directions. I contacted the company by phone [protected] to cancel before I would be charged $69.95 on my account. There was no answer at this number, I tried again on Friday, same thing...on Saturday I got a recording that they did not work on the weekend and would have to call back Monday or leave a voicemail. I left a voicemail and gave them my name and phone number telling them that I was cancelling and have called several times today, Monday, and have been on hold forever telling me that all agents are busy, but they want me to leave a voicemail. They have charged my account as of 2 days ago. I have not heard from them nor have I received the material that I was promised. Please help. Cathy Albert

• Lo
    LostSun Jun 30, 2015

I was ripped off by Grant Town University and promised courses with a real accredited degree, never recieved either after I paid.

annymous123 Feb 04, 2015

Thank you for your complaints that i avoid giving away my personal account info. however they keep on calling me and recruit victims of this FRAUD. TO ALL NEED to CONTACT THEM +[protected] and its from PA USA

Jason80 Jun 28, 2014

I just got a call from grant town university (granttownuniversity.com) and had the crappiest conversation with their agents. They offered me the MS degree with 70% discount. On asking them about the accreditation agencies, they bluffed with few names which were not verifiable. All the names given were fictious and there were no phone number to verify. On sharing my concern to call center agent, he was furious and started shouting that i am from a backward country and they are superior nation and they are sitting in USA. If i don't know about their accreditation agency, its my fault. On further emphasizing, call center agent became mad and started shouting and said discriminative remarks. On request for asking to his superior, he forwarded after some resistance. His superior had different sales tactic and tried to sale in a polite voice. As stern i was about my point of accreditation, they finally gave in and asked me to go to google to verify their university. Finally my day was saved!!! One more scam by passed me.

• Su
    SufyanSaad Ibrahim Apr 17, 2014

This is a Fake university, How can one offer a degree with out studies just on experience ?? They call you several times / mail you and very arrogant even if you refuse them your call, Its a Harassment once you give them your number, Sufyan saad ibrahim

• Mo
    mo.ayoub Apr 03, 2013

guys,
    those guys of grant town university are keep calling me since i submitted my informations on their site, the point is they are advertising on linked in site, is it possible that those guys knows about them.
    i will take care not to give them any payment informations, but they said, you have been approved to get in the university because of the years of experience i do have.!!
    what should i do
    please tell me guys.

mo. ayoub

• Ee
    eegii Apr 05, 2011

hello pls help me because i want special english but i'm not money. i promise and i hope. if you are connect me [email protected] it is me yahoo id.

• Ry
    Ryan Sin Dec 27, 2010

Jeremy Johnson FTC lawsuit is valued over 500 Million dollars.
    - Jeremy Johnson and Todd Vowel are actively involved in money laundering. Jeremy Johnson, Todd Vowel, Jason Vowels, Bryce Payne, Jason Peterson, Paul Ford, Duane Fielding, Ryan Riddle are all MAIN TARGETS in a criminal investigation from the FDIC for money laundering and processing casino games.
    - Jeremy Johnson has over 10 million hidden in the mountains of St George
    - When Jeremy Johnson is finished scamming his victims from millions, he than sells the consumers credit card information to Jason Peterson in Tampa Florida.
    - Jeremy Johnson has illegally paid Mark Shurtleff thousands of dollars through various “ shell companies” along with Cory Pulsipher the active sheriff.
    - Jeremy Johnson has lost over 15 million gambling at Wynn Las Vegas.

• Po
    PO-d Jul 28, 2009

I have the same cd and the same problem. This company basically stole $65.95 plus the amount charged for a worthless CD. After reading all these complaints (which are all about the same) I guess this company has found a legal way to steel money from any citizen of this country without consequences. If this is not true then why are they still doing it to every one who falls into their trap of fraud? Have the authorities been paid off?

• Th
    Theo1711 Apr 28, 2009

I gave my email address to the Grant University, and within the same day I must have received at least a dozen spam emails. Obviously they distribute or sell private emails to people and other scam artists. I never received any spam email untill that day. It got so bad I had to close that particular email account. I'm reporting them to the BBB and other relevant authorities.

• Do
    donna medlin Apr 25, 2009

these grants are all scams so people can get arrested and have to pay the money back plus intersnet.so yall ever get a g.f institute grant from kanasas city ks for 25, 000.00 its a scam.

donna medlin

• Cl
    Claise T. McGee Apr 25, 2009

I paid the $1.99 or whatever it was to have the CD shipped to me, but it was of no help in finding a grant and no one could be contacted to talk to. They were supposed to help me get just the right grant and show me how to fill out the forms to get a grant.

Clarise T. McGee

• Ji
    Jim Duncalf Apr 08, 2009

I am doing my taxes today and noticed 6 charges amounting to $420 from what looked like four different companies on my statements, The Grant University, CGU, TFS and Grant Funding Search. When I signed up for the "free" disk of grant providers I called to see if they had any other connections to grant providers that would fund R&D on energy efficient engines. After a round about negative response I assumed that was it. Big mistake! Today I first called the number beside the last name on my statement and talked to an Amanda, nice woman with an eastern European accent. She gave a different number and assured me they would take care of my problem. I talked to three people there. They told me that they had performed a service for me and would not refund any money. What was the service? They said it was providing access to their website of prospective grantors for the past 6 months. I explained that they themselves told me well inside their free trial period that they could not assist me, so why the charge of $420? Their answer was they NEVER refund any money, and further the "100% Guaranteed" sticker only applied to the security of the transaction from your bank to their pocket. In other words they’re sure they'll take your money! That IS Guaranteed
    Jim Duncalf
    Dunville Designs

• Dw
    D Wilhelm Mar 20, 2009

Here's an email I just sent to Grant University, cc'ing CNN and Dateline NBC:

Dear Scammers, errr. Grant University.

Given that you've been stealing money out of my checking account, without
    my permission, I am notifying you that I'm taking legal action against
    your company if you do not put all the money you took from me back my
    account by end of business, today.

Further, since you have tried to evade/dodge my complaints, as it seems
    you do to hundreds of others on the Internet based on the complaints I've
    read about your company, I have submitted an iReporter video to CNN
    detailing my appauling experience with your company. Additionally, I have
    sent a similar video/story to Chris Hansen at Dateline. Rest assured,
    someone in your organization will end up losing their freedom and going to
    jail over your business practices. I am an unemployed cancer patient and
    you're literally stealing money out of my checking account. How do you
    sleep at night? I'm sure your mother will be proud!

Donald

• Dw
    D Wilhelm Mar 20, 2009

All of the same scam stuff has happened to me from this company. Let's all put together short iReporter videos and send them to CNN. This company is a complete rip-off and I'm hopping mad about it! And worst of all, Google is taking their advertising money. They'll be next on my contact list. Someone better go to jail for this crap!

• Wi
    William Heefner Mar 04, 2009

Im getting charges to my account that I never authorized. If it doesnt stop I will be getting a lawyer and will cancel my c.c. card.

Chucky Feb 18, 2009

I start to order a 'grant package' from a different company then decided to look on Google and SCAM came up everywhere. One website presented itself and an official website that researched all the different 'companies' offering grants and this one (inserted link) was the only one we found to be authentic.

I clicked the link and a very well written and official looking page came up with order details. I made the mistake of ordering their 'Free' grant package for only $1.98 shipping and got suspicious when, after going through their order page, a 'receipt' page didn't come up. I looked them up on Google and The complaintsboard.com came up.

It was very early in the morning for me and they claim to be in Draper, UT. I am in eastern time zone so knew that I could send emails canceling my order before they even came into work. I sent an email to '[email protected]' requesting that they cancel it. I found their telephone # and called it and the recording said that they were currently closed but 'we value your time so press 1 to leave a message'. I pressed 1 and got a recording that their voice mailbox was full and could not accept new messages.

I sent two more email to '[email protected] and [email protected] which are listed on their websites. They BOUNCED!

I kept trying to call the number and finally reach a person who said his name was Tom Wade but from the sound of his accent, I would have guessed 'Habeeb'. He promised to cancel my order and to send me an email confirming my cancellation.

Two days later, my telephone rings and it is a very NORMAL sounding recording thanking me for my 'On Line' order (does not identify the company) and press 1 to confirm my order and to learn how I could win a 'free' gas card. DO NOT PRESS 1 WHATEVER YOU DO! The # on my Caller ID was [protected] and said Naperville, IL which in a NW suburb of Chicago. When I looked up the # on Google, it listed it as a Sprint / Nextel #. I filed a complaint with the Sprint / Nextel Board of Inquires and copied the FTC on the email although, if this company is based internationally, the FTC probably can't do anything about it.

The Grant University has several websites. thegrantuniversity.com, the grantuniversity.net, grantuniversity.net. They are also known as 'Grant Solutions' and 'Government Grant Solutions'. All websites look different except the 'testimonial' pictures they use are duplicated on some of the pages.

They are complete SCAM and whatever you do, do not trust them. You can go to http://www.grants.gov/ to learn about grants. This is the U.S. Government site. The bad news is: I LEARNED THAT THEY WILL NOT GIVE GRANTS TO BE USED IN A 'FOR PROFIT' BUSINESS. Which is the reason I started this investigation in the first place.

GOOD LUCK WITH THESE THIEVES.

• Je
    Jessica Feb 16, 2009

This site is very helpful. I was curious about this service and luckily did a bit of research. I was not scammed by them, thanks to you guys, but I have been scammed off of another advertisement (both I saw on Mysapce). I have learned to search for feedback first and if I still feel the need to order the services, go buy a prepaid visa for the exact amount of shipping and handling. Give them that card number and you win. Please tell everyone how to manipulate the scammers with a one time use card. If they start loosing money, then maybe they will get the picture.

• Ad
    adriane Feb 14, 2009

I don't know if this is the same thing it is www.grantfundingsearch.com that I got roped into. Same thing only a 1.98 shipping and handling. Then they wouldn't stop calling I called the number that was on my online bank account for the 1.98 charge and he said he would cancel and remove that one and the 69.95 that was about to be charged. Here is my contact info. that I have if it helps anyone else out. I tried to send a cancel notice by signing onto my account but it says that the server isn't found when I try and said it. Anyway hope this helps someone else. [protected] and [protected] i think that is tech support I am not sure.

cherring Feb 11, 2009

I went to Grants-reviewed.org and read how great The Grant University site is that I almost fell for it, but decided to investigate further. Then I came across your site. I'm glad I came across this site before doing anything with The Grant University. I just want people to be aware that Grants-reviewed.org gives a lot of praise to The Grant University site as being the best and most legitimate way to get free grant money. Perhaps Grants-reviewed.org and The Grant University site are working together. So people beware!

• Iv
    Ivory Smith Feb 04, 2009

I myself saw an add on facebook here (www.jakecutler.com) talking about grants and how much money I could get if I went through this quick process. Everyone is eager for a great big amount of moola, ( I know I am, especialy in these times that we are living in here in the United States and in times as such, there are and will be those who attempt to take advantage of us and our desparation. As I read the Jake Website I began to research and it led back to the fraud based www.thegrantuniversity.net, so I clicked on contact at the bottom of the thegrantuniversity.net site and found the address it reads, so I went to google maps, because on google maps anyone is able to type in a address and through satelight photos scroll through the streets and see formerly taken pictures of what ever neighborhood address is typed in. I did this for the fraid based (thegrantuniversity.net) anf found no satelight based picture of this University. Also, in the adverstisement it reads that Fox News and MSN-NBC dont quote me on this I'm stating part of this by memory, but I believe that the (Jake Cutler website stated there was an exclusive concerning this, so I searched for news that reported on this so called great opportunity for us all ( didnt find anything from these top news companies). So in tracing this fraud based university (thegrantuniversity.net) I found the true (Grants University)

Here is the real Grant University...www.grantsuniversity.com
    The differences in names is obvious The real Grant University is called (Grants University) the fraud university is called ( The Grant University)

Also on the real Grants University website they have mentioned the fraud that is taking place with this other so called grant University and they have clearly addressed it on their website and they mentioned the ( owners name and location and website and such of the fraud University) they have also mentioned the frauds name which is (Jeremy Johnson ) here is his information: Not sure how recent or uptdate this information is, but I found it from the real Grants University:

"Jeremy Johnson ([email protected])
    Phone: [protected]
    249 East Tabernacle Suite 200
    St. George, UT 84770"

Here is the email from the real Grants University on the subject of this fraud:

NOTICE: Another organization has apparently been using a name similar to ours. We have recently been receiving inquiries from their customers who believe they have had their credit cards billed improperly.
    If this has happened to you, we have done some research, and it is possible you did business with
    www.grantuniversity.net. Here is their contact information:

Jeremy Johnson ([email protected])
    Phone: [protected]
    249 East Tabernacle Suite 200
    St. George, UT 84770

I think this is the company that built and maintains the website, not the actual owners, but it's a starting place.

One of the other people who wrote to us also sent us this information:

For questions or issues relating to The Grant University contact us at:
    [email protected]

Send all addressed correspondence to:
    The Grant University
    138 E. 12300 S. Ste. C #183
    Draper, UT [protected]

****************************

We are located in Austin, Texas, and the information we share is based on 30 years in Grants Consulting, so it's very professional and specific. Since this company appears to be located in Utah, you might first try contacting them, then if that doesn't work, you might contact the Utah Attorney General's office.

Good luck in resolving this situation.

Jillian

Jillian is the President of Grants University.

This University is not based on getting quick money, but its based on teaching people how to write grants and teaching people how to start Not-For-Profit Organizations etc.

I hope this helps a bit...

I know that some of you or perhaps all of you may not be Christians or even bible believing people, but either way, here is some good advice found in the proverbs of the Christian Bible that says...

Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man will abound with blessings, but whoever hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.

It instructs that if we are faithful to work and to be dilligent in our everyday lives and every day lives of work and we are able bodies or become responsible with what we have, time, money, family, friends etc. that we will abound, but if we look for quick and easy ways out instead of being dilligent and working, that our actions of wanting quick rewards with out work will cause us heart ache in the end, like many have attempted to get quick cash have ended up loosing alot or perhaps all. You all have a really good day...

Ivory Smith

• Ta
    Tammy Feb 02, 2009

This company is a FRAUD...They started charging my credit card after I ordered a CD. I was out of town when it arrived...and all of a sudden 70.00 a month was appearing on my card. I called, they apologized, promised me a "free month, " and never cancelled my account. I pay all my bills online and had not reviewed my credit card statement. I recently did and noticed they have been charging me for 5 months. I called, their voicemail 'was full, " finally got through, had two customer service reps hang up on me, a manager has NEVER been available...and they even gave me a bad email address. They have basically stolen 400.00 from me. I have NEVER EVEN accessed their site.

• Aa
    aaron klinger Jan 27, 2009

billing my my credit card, a total of $382.28, without me knowledge, this is all we need at this time

• Ti
    Ticked Jan 26, 2009

I too have filed a complaint with the BBB and just keep getting responses from the GU stating that they state thier terms and condtions very clearly on the web-site. The last option for me now is to go to arbitration with them through the BBB at the cost of $75, which I would pay and if I lose I could also end up paying an additional $75 to GU. My argument was that their advertising was very sneaky. There is a place in thier advertising that they state you will get charged the $69.95 if you don't cancel with-in 7 days, but in their advertising they put the $1.98 clearly, but instead of putting the $69.95 in the same way, they spell sixty nine ninety five out so it is not as noticeable to the customers eye. You can see that just by glancing at this, how it stands out when you put $69.95 compared to spelling it out. I too had problems trying to access their site after recieving the cd. I had to call for a password to connect to the other site.
    So unfortunetly it looks like I too will be out the money that got charged to my account, but I still am trying to find a way to get the word out there some how to everyone about the scam they are running. I would think that if enough people that have been scammed by them got together as a whole we could get big enough notice about them to get someone somewhere to run something on a TV show or News or something. Someone needs to investigate them.

• Me
    Melissa Jan 23, 2009

On 9-11-08, this business offered a free Grant CD as a special offer for the 9-11 tragedy. I checked the website and it claimed to be legitimate and was heavily advertised on 10 major news networks. I requested the free CD with the understanding that there would be a $1.98 charge for shipping and handling fees, and a 7 day free trial membership to the resource library online, which I agreed to.

I printed this out for my records, and it was 3 pages, with no terms and conditions. The only disclaimer I read ( out of all the website pages ( I printed out all 11 pages for my records) stated that the CD and trial membership was mine to keep, but after the free trial there could be monthly fees. I logged on to the website twice within the first 7 days, and found very little resources.

The website did not support any of the web seminars and I was unable to successfully sign up for any of the podcasts. Furthermore when I entered the virtual classrooms, they were all empty. So, this 'resource' did not amount to anything. The CD was supposed to arrive in 5-10 business days, but never arrived, so after waiting patiently for 6 weeks I e-mailed and requested that they check on it.

They informed me by e-mail that my membership expired on October 31st, said nothing about sending out the CD. I e-mailed them back stating that I was aware that my 7 day free trial membership had expired (should have as of 9/18) but that I had never received the CD. They also sent me a paragraph on terms and conditions that they claim I agreed to. I was shocked to read that they had been charging me $69.95 a month all the while, and had never sent me any notification that they were charging me, that I had a membership, that my membership had been canceled, not anything.

So, I called them and spoke to a woman with an Asian/Indian accent who was very polite, but did not verify that the CD had been sent, or offer to send one. She said, so sorry but I agreed to the terms and conditions. So, I filed a disputed charge complaint with my bank which covers the ATM card I used for the $1.98. They replied to the bank and claimed again that I had agreed to terms and conditions that I had never seen before.

The bank stated that ' Per Customer Service Representative, I did not cancel until October 21st, 2008', which is not only a lie but coincidentally happens to be the exact day that they billed my credit card for a second $69.95. So per their terms and agreement, my membership should have been good until November 21st.

I did not have any contact with them from the time I initially paid the $1.98 on 9/11/08 until my first e-mail to them 10/31/08 about the CD that I never received. And it was on 10/31/08 that they e-mailed me and stated that my membership had expired on 10/31/08, not canceled, per the Service Rep's statement to my bank regarding the dispute.

So, my complaint is that I did not receive the CD I paid the shipping and handling for ( I asked them by e-mail twice and by phone once and they still will not send it, or provide me any verification that they had ever sent it). And, I did not authorize or agree to being charged 69.95 on 9/22 or 10/21. If I did, they would not have written me that my membership canceled 10/31, or told the bank that I canceled the membership 10/21.

I authorized my bank to place a stop payment order in for $25.00. Now, I have a new charge for $29.95 from the IWB Club - which apparently is associated with The Grant University, I had to look the number up through the internet to figure this out, the number is [protected]. Other people have also reported having unauthorized charges made by this company from their bank accounts.

I don't know what to do at this point except put in another stop payment for this one as well. This is unreal. I hope this report helps someone else steer clear of this rip-off scam.

• Ki
    Kim Jan 16, 2009

I was charged $69.95 2 months in a row despite the fact that I canceled. The site is also linked to 'Ideal Wealth Builder Club' which charges you $29.95 a month. No where do they say that to access the site you will be charged $69.95. I believe this is automatic. The phone number called is a call center in the Philippines. They do not refund the money unless you call in 7 days.

Here is what you can do. Contact your bank or credit card agency and dispute the charges stating the fact that you never agreed to any monthly charges and did not authorize it. You did agree to a $1.98 charge for the CD. The credit card company will refund the money $69.95 and the $29.95 from Ideal Wealth Builder Club and take on the dispute directly with The Grant University and Ideal Wealth Builder - the cost of the dispute will be for them to defend and the credit card company charges a cost to them (not you) for the trouble. You get your money back from the credit card company.

Because I did not agree to the charges - because the charges are not advertised, they legitimately, you did not approve the charge. Good luck.

Paulalois15 Jan 15, 2009

Here is more info on the owners that I found out:

The owners are as follows and they tend to move around a lot, with property listings in Nevada, Utah and California:

Mr. Brian Michael Avondet –
    Mr. Randall Howard McKim –
    Mr. Todd Allan Stadig -

All registered to the following PO Box.

PO BOX 3326A
    Mesquite, NV 89024

The umbrella company is called

Grant Solutions LLC
    Business Registration E0243532007-7
    Address: 450 Hillside Drive, Building B, Suite 200
    Mesquite, Nevada, 89027

But they are known as The Grant University - whose corresponding website www.thegrantuniversity.com leased to them.

Issue a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Nevada and nationally, and also inform the Attorney General's office of Nevada. Good luck. I am sending this message to as many people as I can who got scammed by The Grant University. We need to close them down.

Paulalois15 Jan 15, 2009

Tsktsk - go back to your hole and get off this site. People got hurt and you are trying to scam them when the solution is very easy.

Here is how you get your money back:

Call your credit card company - Raise a dispute with your credit card company and tell them that TGU (the Grant University) has taken unauthorized money from your accounts. The credit card company will refund the money and open a dispute claim against TGU and charge them for doing so. That's it.

Mr. Brian Michael Avondet –
    Mr. Randall Howard McKim –
    Mr. Todd Allan Stadig -

All registered to the following PO Box.

PO BOX 3326A
    Mesquite, NV 89024

The umbrella company is called

Grant Solutions LLC
    Business Registration E0243532007-7
    Address: 450 Hillside Drive, Building B, Suite 200
    Mesquite, Nevada, 89027

Paulalois15 Jan 15, 2009

I was scammed tooI did the same thing - but am taking steps to get my money back. I was so pissed off, I am writing everyone who was ripped off by Grant University.
    You can also check out www.grantripoff.com which is looking into this case.

Here is how you do it.

Contact your credit card company and issue a dispute on the charge by The Grant University. Tell them that you did not authorize the charge of $69.95 - remember this is a monthly charge. They will raise a dispute with the Grant University and issue with a refund. They will then investigate the dispute with the Grant university on your behalf. They will levy a charge against the Grant University - and the Grant University will obviously have to prove that they took the money from you legitimately. Because they never posted the charge - you never knew you would be charged the $69.95.

You were issued with a confirmation email with terms, a login and password. Print this out or keep this file as proof that no charge amount was ever mentioned in their confirmation - this is proof that you never authorized or knew of any charge of $69.95

I called them and they gave me their present address:
    The Grant University
    450 Hillside Drive, Suite 200
    Mesquite Nevada, 89027

The phone number is [protected] - but this is a call center in the Philippines. They refused to give out a U.S. direct phone number and also refused to state the name of the President of the company.

Also look for another charge of $29.95 from the Ideal Wealth Builder Club - there is a link to them as well. Dispute this charge as well. You should get your money back and create a file with the credit card company on The Grant University and it will go somewhere towards closing this company down.

I hope this helps - Good luck

GK

• Ra
    randito1 Jan 15, 2009

Same thing happened to me. They claimed that it was disclosed in the "terms and conditions." They would not let me talk to a supervisor in their customer service dept and hung up on me twice.

• Ty
    Tyler Jan 15, 2009

I went online 11/25/08 and ordered a grant cd for 1.98$. They charged my acct. 1.98$ and I finally received the cd about a month later. Then on 1/2/09 they charged my acct 69.95$ which was not authorized. I tried calling their number, but they are out of the office. I emailed them also. I contacted my bank and have closed my debit number, since I am now reading they will probably keep charging my acct. I never authorized anything other than 1.98$. This is totally a scam.

• In
    investigator Jan 08, 2009

It seems this grantuniversity.net is scamming aa lot of people.

• In
    investigator Jan 08, 2009

You can go to grantripoff.com to find out everything on this scammer for grant university

• Mi
    Michael A. Rivera Dec 30, 2008

On December 13, 2008 I was ordering information on goverment grants for a cost of $ 1.95 . after giving my debit account number and information a free 7 day trial offer pops up, and once i began to apply for it, I saw that it was for a fee and began removing my information out of the windows and I then close the window. once i closed the window a prompt pops up and says thank you for your order and i thought for a moment what order, I did not agree to any terms or conditions. this site had my personal information from my previous order of 1.95 and then debited my account for an additional 69.95 for a 7 day free trial offer that i was never aware of, never used or accessed. on Tuesday December 23, I noticed the deduction from my debit account for the amount of 69.95 and immediatly called a telephone number posted next to the debitor source and canciled this so called offer for a full refund. after a week I saw that a refund was not credited to my account, I called again Monday morning December 29, and was told i will not be refunded 69.95 because i agreed to the terms and conditions, which i never did..and later on monday afternoon i receive a CD in the mail called The Grant Professer, which i haven't veiwed as of yet, I want Grant University to refund to me the 69.95 that was taken from me in this internet scam. I also wonder how many others have been scamed like this as well.

• Sh
    Shelima Smith Dec 21, 2008

The Grant University -- A Complete Rip-Off!
    File Your Complaint at www.grantripoff.com

S. Smith Chicago, IL

• Wi
    will j Dec 20, 2008

I just found out that Grant University charged my bank account without my permission also for $69.95 . I agreed to pay $1.98 for the shipping charge for the free information. I notified my bank they said I have to have them refund my money back period.

• Sh
    Sheila Bowers Dec 20, 2008

I agree 100% people work to hard for their money to have someone who"s out to scam them Im going to get a lawyer and sue Grants.Com and Grants University
    any one wanting to join me E-mail me at [email protected]

• Ts
    tsktsk Dec 20, 2008

i can help.
    first of all, you must not give them ANY information about your credit card.
    The Grant University DOES not exist! i should know cause i saw their office. infact i COULD show it to you. the agents are asians. all they do is make you believe that what you're paying for is the postage and handling of the so-called FREE cd. if you gave them your credit card no. and other information they will charge you 70 bucks. that's what you get for being gullible. hah! if you want to go after them just e-mail me. it's [email protected] anyway, my info is NOT free. i'm jobless and broke since i left the office. pay me!

• Th
    Thomas Dec 16, 2008

I ordered a Cd from the grant university which advertised Free cd, just pay 1.98 shipping and handling and they will send information to get Free money from grants on 10/21/08. The cd arrived on 10/25/08 and did not even work. Now I find out that I was charged 69.95 today 10/29 for membership. I did not authorize any membership. I called the toll free number and was told I did not cancel within the 7 days trial. How could I, the cd did not arrive until 10-25. They do not tell you that a 7 day trial membership starts when they MAIL the cd. Now I have a charge that put my credit card over the limit and have extra charges for over the limit and the still cannot use the CD, the grant professor!!! This company is a ripoff. DO not order anything from them.

• Ca
    catherine Dec 16, 2008

I order the CD for $1.98 i never received it but my account was charged twice, i had to called my bank and cancelled out my account and hopefully disputed these transaction. as fraud so my bank can go after them. i only wanted the CD.

• Da
    Dave N9VCK Dec 15, 2008

Same story here. I ordered a CD on 11/03/08. Recieved an email next day. Didn't get the CD until 11/12/08. Next day $69.95 charge on my account plus some others accumulating. Drove my account into NSF with all the other bank charges. I have been trying to contact them to no avail. Over $400 in charges total. I have called most of the other places, cancelled, and am getting refunds, except from Grant University. I am a retired veteran and living on a limited income. I have to file fraud reports because of my bank. I didn't see anything on their CD order page or in their website about a $69.95 charge. What a scam!!!