The Fortune 500 GroupRip off!

Rich Groener the manager of The Fortune 500 group had conned me into thinking that Im going to help them advertise their business by referring people that needs to repair credit or wants to buy a house or refinance, or is going through foreclosure and needs advocates. There Co. as he stated stands out other than the rest because they have all those 5 departments in the same group. I'd get a website advertising their Co. Which I'd be charge for $19.99/mo. If I referred people the first 5 people I'd get 100 dollars each. Then after that I get $1,000 dollars each. He swore up and down they were unique and want to help people especially the ones that are less fortunate. He made it sound so good. He said I'll tell you what I am going to explain the reg prices and tell you what I can do. He said the most was $1,295.00 to the cheapest being $299.00. He said he's got a deal but I have to get it before I get off the phone, (Now I mind you, I am a single parent looking for a work at home job to be with my little one) I'll give you the platinum ($1,295.00) for $169.00 We normally charge a $29.99 fee for s+h for the kit with all the tools and the signed document guaranteeing you that you're going to make money but Im going to go ahead and waive that and just charge you $169.00. I asked him before I gave my card information if this was anyway refundable he said well of course I'll write that too in the documents, so i thought it was a done deal. He gives me this number he said that is his direct, its the cust. serv. number. I realized that when a few days later a lady from that cust. dept called me and told me I am calling again because I was leaving a message but you're machine cut me off I was just verifying if this is the correct address and etc. I said yes, she also told me that the website domain that Rich and I agreed on is not available so she asked me if so and so .com be okay I said okay. She said ok go ahead and listen to that message to make sure its correct. When I did I was upset, she was stating charges on there that Rich told me he wasn't going to charge me and the way they deducted the monies from my transaction is weird they went 3 different times. I tried calling and leaving a message and no one responded. I looked up on the BBB as he told me they were established them they were hard to find but I found them with 1 complaint with what I am about to face because on there refund policy they state they are still going to minus s+h, web hosting fees and etc. but you know what this moment that i am typing to you feb 4, 2008 I haven't even received the package yet so they haven't hosted nothing of the sort. I am going to do everything on my end to get my funds back and report these people because they need to be stopped. They can't keep going and conning people this is money for food thats being ripped out of my daughters house and that makes me furious.

• Su
    Suzy1123 Nov 12, 2008

You were smarter than I. They've got about $430. from me so far, between the sign up fee, the website and the search words advertising. I've been with them since Aug 9th and haven't made a cent.

I called them again today and they said a coach would get back to me within 2 to 3 days. More marketing hints. I've had 500 hits to my website, supposedly, and not one cent to me yet.

I'll leave another comment if I start making money...lol.

• Za
    zachildebrandt Aug 08, 2009

i am 17...and i was thru this scam...lol

my friend and his boss, which was a family tried to convince me, but i knew and know in my heart that, there are no shortcuts in life.

you cant just get rich by sitting on your ###, if you need money...WORK, that simple

• Za
    zachildebrandt Aug 08, 2009

saw*

not was

• Fl
    FloridaGurl Oct 03, 2009

Oh my gosh, I should've done this first, read about the company first and all the complaints.Well people, me myself have been scamed, conned, taken advantage of, or call it what you want, but this company is not legit.DO NOT give your info ever no matter how convincing one may sound.I'm a single mother of 2, just lost my job and gave this company every thing I had left in hopes of making money with they're company.The # they gave me just keeps ringing and then I'm not even able to e-mail them.The fortune 500 group is a joke and a scam.Please people, let this be a lesson learned.Does anybody know how we can get our funds back, please share the info.I am so pissed off. A lady by the name of Jamie Spencer was the first to contact me to have me listen to the recording about they're company then a man I mean jerk by the name of Scotty Rogers came on the line and convinced me the same way most of yall said.And then the BBB has never heard of them either.Be smart yall, this is not a good time I'm sure for everyone to lose money this way.I wouldv'e been better off going down to Biloxi with that money and losing it there.

• Gh
    ghost519 Apr 03, 2010

Yes I totally agree, I was one who bought into this scam. I know now to do extended research
    before getting involved with this group. They got as of right now a total of 170.00 dollars of
    my hard earned money, and what really makes me angry is that I have no way of getting it
    it back. They sent me some papers, and said that someone would get in touch with me regarding setting up a web-site, just to get started. I have called the number they gave to
    me, numerous times, and all I get is a voice message that says someone would return my calls
    well, guess what no return calls. They charged me 130.00 on the front end, and have charged my credit card 19.99 for (2) months now for web-site hosting fees, and I haven't
    talked to anyone about even the first phase regarding the site. If someone could help me I
    would appreciate your feedback. you can e mail me at [protected]@aol.com. Sincerely, F.G.

• Ph
    phx518 Apr 13, 2010

call [protected]... im sure you'll get an answer.

• Tr
    trailboss272 Apr 19, 2010

Yes, I agree folks. They clipped me too. No need to go into details, my story is just a mirror of yours. They must have given my phone number to all their cronies in the 602 area code cause they are all calling.

JoLD Oct 22, 2010

It's 2010, and they're still going - I've been done too, only it's more because of the exchange rate!! Silly me!
    Thanks for your comments, I only thought to look at the site today, and saw your complaints first!
    I've contacted my bank and stopped the card and hopefully I'll get my $$ back.
    All the best to you all.
    Sincerely, embarressed Jo

• Lo
    loicoloco Oct 30, 2010

Phew just about to shell out $300 from the UK to this company glad I found this site. Yet another air tight scam tempting folk with nothing to hand over all they have left... It makes me sick to see how long this has been going on and nothing is done about it. I am gonna think long and hard about what i'm gonna say when they call back tonight and HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE BE PUT OFF FROM THESE UNETHICAL PRACTICES? Take care all and ALWAYS DO YOUR BACKGROUND CHECKS COS NOBODY IS LOOKING OUT FOR YOU...FACT!

Martyn O Nov 01, 2010

I live in the UK and I've just been called by a company called Fortune 500 Affiliate Group who have a dot com website with the name fortune500affiliategroup.com. Their number is [protected] or [protected]. Their address is 4750 N Black Canyon Hwy, Suite 301, Phoenix, AZ 85017. Apparently, if I give them either $300 or $500 they will help me set up an affiliate program using the BIG 3, namely, Google, ebay and amazon. They tried to pressure me into buying in there and then, but my internet knowledge helped me tremendously, as I am a Private Investigator myself who often looks into internet scams! Please beware! I asked them to provide me evidence to support the fact that they linked to the BIG 3, and they gave me their own website address and said I would find the BIG 3 on there. While they were on the phone, I loaded up their website and guess what? Yes, that's right...no reference at all to the BIG 3. I asked them why I can't find them and they told me that my internet knowledge is probably useless and I am no good at searching. LOL!! Again, I asked them to show me the proof, and they said to try going to "onlinebusinessbureau.com". So I did...guess what? Yes you've got it again...they didn't exist...apparently they have been removed! LOL!! I won't offer advice here...just look before you jump!!

• Ho
    hobbit Nov 03, 2010

spent a bit of time myself today re the same offer as Martyn O and what i found is pretty much the same dont give them your bank details or paypal account or credit card numbers you will get nothing in return and as for the money back if you have not made more than your investment in 12 months its not worth the paper its printed on as its a ponsey con

• Tp
    tpa Nov 15, 2010

One of the things that puts me off a web site or advert is incorrect spelling. It indicates a sloppiness and lack of checking, which, while maybe excusable in a quick rushed comment or blog, is inexcusable in a company website, especially one which masquerades as a teaching company. On this company's website under Article Marketing Made Simple, they offer the following as a first paragraph:
    "In today’s web world, one thing is clear. Content is still king. Writing the right kind of content and disturbing that content, also known as article marketing, can help you establish yourself as an expert and improve your on-line marketing results."
    I certainly find the content disturbing but I'm sure it's not what my customers would want to find.
    If you try asking questions of these sales people outside of their script, you will find they don't appear to listen. The only thing they want is your money on the nail. I was fortunate, I decided on research before commitment.

• To
    T.O. chikk Nov 17, 2010

There's always some number from Arizona calling my cell phone but I don't answer it because I don't recognize the area code. I Google whatever number that appears on my call display that I don't recognize or a number with an area code that I don't know of before I call back, if I need to. This particular number called my phone twice in an hour today but I let it ring. If it's someone important, they'll leave a message.

For those of you who thought about giving out all of your personal information, think about that cliché saying...If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

• Zu
    Zulfi Nov 19, 2010

Date: 19/11/2010
    A marketing guy called me this afternoon regarding the sale of the same product. He asked for £170 as if it was a special offer but I noticed a few things very carefully during his interminable speech. First thing that made my doubt more accurate was his telephone area-code which began with +92, as we know this code cant be a code for USA but of Pakistan. The second funny thing the guy did was a "first call special offer" which he tried hard to make me believe that if I wouldn't make the payment on that particular moment, I would need to pay £310 instead of £170. It's a really funny thing to believe. I noticed another weird thing that there's a public chaos going on during the entire conversation which I'm sure was artificially created by playing some audio cd/cassette just to fool us thinking how busy they were. Thank God by keeping him on hold, I typed in google "Fraud the fortune 500 Group" and then found this helpful page. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience. This is true as zachildebrandt says "there are no shortcuts in life".

[protected]@hotmail.com

• Gl
    glennoboyo Dec 16, 2010

They called me this morning and I don't know how they knew who I was. I listened to them for a while and then when they asked me to fork out the cash, I said that I would think about it and call 'em back. I have had a think now...

• Mo
    Moe24 Jan 05, 2011

they been ringing me too, lucky I found this site, while I was on the phone to them I asked them to call me back so I could finish reading. As it is clear to see now that they are scam artist, to see them actually put in energy and time to something that is wrong and immoral is saddening. They ring and greet you with a hello, random people around the world knowing they are doing wrong to them especially to the single mothers looking for a way out, they take their money, nah these mother[censor]ers don't have a soul

jordan drexler Jan 15, 2011

Yes indeed these mother[censor]ers, hope they'll be tracked down and jailed. they say their web is www.fortune500affiliategroup.com which is different from www.fortune500group.com. these are just a bunch of criminals, I wish I could track them down myself. they've been trying hard to convince me, held me on the phone for almost two hours. thank God I didn't give in to their deceitfulness and found this site. Thank you to everyone who took the time to expose those criminals

• He
    hereiam05 Jan 18, 2011

OMG, your comments saved me, thank you guys, they called me today but I opted to search them online first before making any commitment, so I am here and safe, they should be sent behind bars, I wonder if there is any law for such companies, there should be some govt governing body to keep check on such companies.

• Ly
    lyncia Jan 27, 2011

Well everyone - welcome to our brave new world - a world which is full of very good (evil to me ) scam artists. The internet is full of them. I have been doing genuine research for my business but if I happen 'to land' on a scammers site - there I am, to stay and be exploited. It puts me off even bothering now, are there any ethical people out there these days? I would love to know as it's awful to believe there are no goodies left... I too have been called by these [censor] but thank heavens I did my research. Good luck to all.

• Mi
    Mich56 Feb 04, 2011

I was talking to this guy yesterday after he called me. He asked how much I wanted to make every month, I said £1000. The guy (Name: Arron) said no problem, and for a fee $495 (fully refundable), can set me up immediatly. He went through a lot of other stuff convincing me that I willbecome rich quickly. I said, I am interested, as long as he can put all this in writing and send it to me, at this point he cut off the phone. Boy am I lucky, I did not get into it.

• Ar
    arthur e jones Feb 19, 2011

yes no company is perfect, the one thing i dont see in any comments is the person who started the program and worked the program. I have learned you get of anything what you put in it, nyou can become an affiliate of ant company, you got a website than what are you going to do, please, please, please write and tell the perfect business or person. Also where is the comment of the person who did not want the program who did not get there money back, i an not employed with the company. look at the man in the mirror

• Ti
    tipsfo17 Feb 24, 2011

I've just this second got a call from the same people. I have been experimenting ways to earn a little extra cash for my up and coming wedding and I'm guessing i had filled some details out with them hence the reason why there calling me.
    I don't give my account details away over the phone when i don't really know who they are so when he was about to play me an automated message i quickly asked for the company name again and made a note of it. seconds later the message played and i type the name into google.
    straight away saw this post, quickly read as much as i could and hung up the phone.
    I'm sorry to hear about everyone who has had problems with them but its you guy's making people aware of them . so thank you and hope you sought everything out.

• Pa
    Paulos Feb 28, 2011

Hi everyone, I live in the Uk. I have got scammed by this as well, although I blame myself for being so stupid. I got talked into firstly paying £4.95. I then upgraded my account for a further £49.95 & then another £19.95. I then got another call asking me to join the affiliate 500 program saying I would be registered with the 3 main search engines, another £120. I have even got 111 websites which show I have got loads of hits, but strangely no sales. I have had 31 e-mails & 20 calls. No wonder as I kept on giving them money. I do class myself as a sensible person as well, I just got carried away. So luckily I paid most of it through Paypal & Clickbank who gave me a full refund. Clickbank give you a 60 day money back guarantee, paypal seemed to know who these fraudsters are. The rest I paid for on my visa card. Luckily I didn't send the receipt link back on my e-mail so I said I never authorised it, There is no proof that I did & these scammers won't argue with the Card companies who give them thier money. I was lucky I got nearly all my money back, please follow the same refund route as I did. Don't bother phoning them. I've learnt a lot from this, if you want an onlime Business set up your own site, hosting is cheap if you don't want the bother of doing it yourself . Do your own advertising. Expect around £/$ 100-500 in your first year per interesting web site if you pick a good subject. Not millions or thousands. Don't rush, aim for about 3-9 months to learn for free. Don't let these scammers get your money like me.

• Au
    Aussie_AB Mar 01, 2011

Hello Evryone,
    I have been the latest victim of this Scam. It's a ripoff. I have been conned 2500 USD recently. I was called by Steve H and then Dean Kawasaki (Marketing Head) and they convinced that you would make money and all that deception techniques they have got. They told me that I would get 5000 users in my site and anyone who has a decent website would then make money. It's the biggest scam on earth. I have been robbed by these liars and I don't know how I am going to get my hard earned money now. I live in Australia and I have no way of getting thee money from these robbers in US now. I am trying to contact my Bank and opening a case now. I have been so stupid I can't believe. My sincere advice to people please don't believe in this crap of easy money it's nothing but a hook for internet robbers.Please Can anyone from in US suggest me how can I get my money back now. I have sent numerous mails and phone calls but, there is no reply from them. My phone calls goes to a voice mail now though earlier my calls use to go to a automatic system. Bloody liars.. Hope this [censor] burn in hell.. I had to work so hard to save this money. I don't even have a permanent job.

Dejected Soul,
    Aussie_AB

• El
    Elkana Mar 07, 2011

Hello everyone,
    I have been scammed as well!! However I have managed to get back £16 that I have paid through Paypal/Citybank!! This evening, 7th March 2011 I have received a call on my mobile…an american guy telling me about fortune500group…listen to the recorded message!! At the end he asked me for £120 standard pkg or £154 upgraded pkg…can't even remember what is called as I was reading all of your post. I have asked him to call me back in 1.30hr and I will share few thought to him!! I even told him that I am an university student…still kept the fraud alive!! People without heart!! Apology to all people who are having problem getting the money back!!

Elkana

• St
    Stephen Ashley Mar 17, 2011

I have had it bad too...paid my cash and as i got my package i asked for the coach and then first he askes me is about my finoancial background..I though odd?? so I give him a bad scenario then he replies he has other paying clientèle paying $500-$10, ooo a month and doesn't have the time for me then he says to call back customer care...any how I did and followed all instructions in the packet..Google denied their website and so did ebay...I also realized i asked them alot of basic questions they cannot answer and it's funny cause i wasn't eeally asking i was inquiring...
    any how now i want me refund and I cannot get an answer...
    next funny thing is few weeks a go I got through and Steve said they had waver my site without my knowledge and also said he will undo the waver and just relax for a month and then give them a call and we will work on it...
    I remembered when was signing up and prosponing the transaction the would always pickup when i call, now I cant get them at all...Biggest Scam in history I say!!! BIGGEST

• St
    Stephen Ashley Mar 17, 2011

I don't know how I feel for this. they sounded like con artist. They didn't know their material well and stuttered a lot. I noticed this because I read about them before I agreed. But I have a passion for marketing that threw off me off totally. even as I got my package and all the coach refuse to even get me started because I am not willing to pay another $500-$10, 000 a month for his special websites a month. Iwas ready to take on this mission all by myslef but as I am ready to get started and just waiting for the website confirmation (which wasn't apart of the deal, but I kept my cool and optimism ), and behold the websites I was offered were denied and not accepted by any of the 3 major companies..In other words I was not able to begin...I spoke to them and they made suggestions and all was invalid and now I want my refund and they have been ignoring my calls and emails.. I paid on my birthday Feb 3. and got my package Feb.9 and now it is March 17th and i have been patient & cooperative till march 1st and have took the abuse till march 8th when they finally pick up and they say rest for a month and in April we will do this again...I agreed at the time but now thinking about how much abuse I have taken I am ready 100% for my refund since the the 10th of march and now the 17th I am fed up...Still no reply from email or phone and they are not picking up their line..

• Cl
    CLAREBEAR Mar 24, 2011

I paid £19 by pay pal to sign up for info from Auto Pilot Home Profit, on how to make money (in the way all the others above me on the complaints board describe).
    2 days later... today 24th March Fortune 5oo ring me, make me listen to the boss saying his 6 minute talk about how to make cash ...blah blah blah... they (if I paid up £205) would get me an executive package, which would mean they make me my websites which have all the adverts that link to Ebay, Amazon & Google...then when the recording finishes the telesales clerk gets back on and chats about it for another 20 minutes... then I say - "so have YOU got yourself a website?" He stutters and says yes but when I ask for his website so I can check it out he says his boss is watching and shaking his head at him... I said - "why can't you let me see your website - the one you've done? Put the manager on the phone please"- line went dead! Yup it's a scam - at least I 'only' lost £19.

• Dr
    Dragonrebornxl Apr 08, 2011

I am completly dumbfounded...I have just gone through all the phone calls and paid over $700 for the package and markating tools. I havent recived the package yet, and from what i have read, i am lucky that i have done all my transactions through paypal. After reading these comments with nothing good to say about all this im starting to second guess myself, mabey i should go to paypal and get my refund and wait for there next call to cancel everything. What a phenominal waste of time...

• Ta
    Tatty91 Apr 20, 2011

Yes, I just got off of the Phone. They Offered my 17 year old sister this 'job' and asked if she knew anyone else who may be interested, she gave them my number and they rang me. It seemed legit until they wanted my details over the phone despite saying they were going to send a form for me to fill in.
    When asked why going for this my sister told them the truth, how we need extra money as our mum passed recently, they continued. I found this site and hung up on them, in 10 minutes I have had them ring 3 times with one voicemail...which the office sounds were strangely absent from. Im glad I found this site.

• Mo
    Monica x a May 20, 2011

thanks to you all buddies, i was just about to be caught, and after reading all this, you helped me not to get caught. I was on the phone with one called Geoff from fortune500affiliategroup and i had to hang up to go pick up my daughter. He said he'll call me back, meanwhile i made a research and found out all what you were saying. He did call back and when I was just starting to tell him what i just discovered he hung up. Many thanks.

muazhaleem May 26, 2011

Today is 26th of May 2011 and they still exist. My name is Muaz Haleem, from the Republic of Maldives. i got the same call from the fortune 500 group (apparently) and this guy was talking to me for merely 1.5hours trying to convince me in paying $295.00 in order to become rich...LOL I started my research while I was talking to the guy and luckily found this website and thank you all for posting your experiences...I managed to get away !!! Hooooray!!!

• Je
    Jeffro2 May 27, 2011

I paid an initial $20 to get started out of interest and was barraged with emails and when trying to get the so called websites etc up and running found that there were alot of costs afterwards to get the MOST out of the product, I thought id let the $20 do the talking and obviously nothing. Then I got this slack jawed yokel calling me and they made me listen to this rubbish which a 12yr old would comprehend, the grammar used by the fools on the other end of the phone made me even more wary, by this time I was more skeptical than ever. They were offering two packages, one for $500 and one for $200, out of curiosity I told them I was interested in the $200 package and if it came through then I would upgrade, then they had the audacity to try and get me to pay over the phone, straight away I told them it was not possible and I would only pay over the internet, then they put slack jawed yokel number 2 on who tried miserably to convince me that paying over the phone was the same thing, how amusing. They kept saying they were sending an email which I could make payment through, but they did everything possible to convince me to pay over the phone (little did they know I was trying very hard not to explode in laughter). Then while I was on the phone I remembered I had signed up originally through 'Autopilot Home Profits', I googled the name and straight away I knew it was a scam, felt stupid for losing the $20 but thought I would at least have some fun with it. So I asked the fool on the other end of the phone if she could justify what is written in google, she then blew up at me (oh how unprofessional and amusing at the same time, popcorn anyone!). She went on at a very high decibal, that they had nothing to do with 'Autopilot Home Profits' and that they were bad mmkay. She then told me that the company I was speaking to was 'The Fortune 500 Group'. Funny that they would bag out a so called affiliate which they must be if all my current emails are from 'Autopilot Home Profits'. Anyway so she just started to get aggressive and I told her to [INSERT HORRIBLE NASTY WORDS]. It was worth the $20 bucks for a laugh, it is a scam but I feel as though I got my moneys worth. Still waiting for that email to come through...

chazzancaza May 31, 2011

nearly got scamed there was looking for a way too make money and my friend was bragging that he was making money out this company so he give the link yo the web page i filled in some details then got a phone call tonight from marcella telling me all about this great new thing and we are doing it all for you so she gave me a recording to listen to then another man came on the phone started talking and promising me all the money in the world at which point i gave my husband the phone and left the room he is going to phone us back and when he does i will be giving him a peace of my mind the son of a...

Joey101 Jun 14, 2011

I live in the Australia and I've just been called by a company called Fortune 500 Affiliate Group, a "consultant" contacted me first to see if I was qualified to work for the home business, played an Audio recording, then a gentlemen (fraudster) told me what their business was about & how they will help me set up an affiliate program using the BIG 3 :Google, ebay and amazon for a price of $300-500. He tried to pressure me into buying in, & I told them to contact me back tomorrow as I wanted to investigiate that this wasn't a SCAM, he kept me on the phone talking about the business but I made sure I wasn't going to commit.. &... sure enough I have come across enough websites that states this is a SCAM!!!
    I asked them to show me the proof that this wasn't a SCAM and they said to try going to "onlinebusinessbureau.com". So I did...guess what? couldn't find them! They have website: www.fortune500affiliategroup.com. Their number is [protected] or [protected]. Please beaware, Try not to get caught out!

• Dr
    Draven747 Jun 25, 2011

A guy named Ernie called about an hour ago using a number [protected] and he said alls I had to do is send $129.00 from my debit card and they would set me up a website that would make me good money...they make it sound so urgent and all and positions are limited I get calls from scam ### like this all the time...I told Ernie I'd ask my Mom if she woul'd loan me the money and that little lowlife deceiver hung up on me, so I looked there company up on the internet sure enough lo and behold theres a bunch of complaints...I'm really sorry any of you that got taken I know how it feels, if its any consolation I called them back just little while ago and screamed in my cell phone to whoever picked up the phone from Fortune 500 Affiliate Group...### You at the top of my lungs...[protected]

• Ni
    Niels Christian Vibholm Jun 29, 2011

hi i'm from Denmark and i got scamed to. The thing is, i read a positive article on cnn about them and used the link from cnn so i really thought it was legit. How come such a large news group write positive stories about a lowlife scam firm. I got cold feet talking to my wife about it, the thing is i've been in a traffic accident and can't work much so i really need to find something that i could do an hour or two a day, maybe that was made me an easy target.
    See for you self: http://newsdaily7.com/app/?&t202id=300051&t202kw=newwwcpa&match=&c3=

• Ni
    Niels Christian Vibholm Jun 29, 2011

forgot to mention it cost me 539$ :(

muller_1985 Feb 09, 2012

My name is Vinay. I am from india and my story is no different. I have paid about 3500$(Rs 1, 50, 000 in my currency). I feel really stupid now that i have spent this money. However i have not even been able to reach them. None of their numbers seem to work...

muller_1985 Feb 09, 2012

Just a request people if anyone can please let me know how to contact these guys. Any kind of info would be appreciated. By the way the above mentioned numbers or email addresses don't work