The Credit LandSelling LEMONS

T Review updated:

I wish I had the time to stand outside the credit land car lot and sell lemons. I wish I could warn all of Sacramento about the LEMONS being sold by this lot. I was in the middle of a divorce and My teen age daughter was in a bad car accident and totaled her car. I needed her to have transportation because she was still in school and I have 3 other children that needed to be driven to school, practice, etc. I have a full time job and couldn't do it all myself. The insurance company, of course, didn't give us enough money to buy a used car and my credit was going down the drain quick because of the divorce. I did have enough to make a down payment though. So here we are, 2 women (targets) shopping for a car. I suggested several time that we leave and come back, I wasn't comfortable making this decision, I needed to sleep on it. They were soooooo nice and assuring, even stating that I can bring the car back if there was anything wrong with it. (yes they knew my divorce situation). Well, we got the car home and the first morning, there was a puddle of oil in my driveway, my daughter and I thought this couldn't be so we waited a couple of days. I was, the car leaked oil. I will say that the credit land did take the car back and "fixed" the leak. I would say not a month later, the leak was back and now, her entire dashboard was lit up.. hum seem everything is wrong with the car. Now the credit land won't even look at it. The anti freeze leaks the breaks squeak and the fan (heat and air conditioner) don't work and did, briefly. The icing now is that I'm still making payments on a LEMON, that heated up on the side of the freeway with my 2 scared teenage daughters in it and I have no money for a lawyer. I just wish I had time to sit outside that lot with a bucket of LEMONS selling them for 6K each. Please Please Please take heed to these warnings. My concern is that I don't think many people look at these complaint sites.

• J
      Jul 23, 2010

I totally agree with this person's complaint about Credit Land of Sacramento. I bought a BMW 745i from them in Decemeber and have already traded it in after spending $8, 000 in repairs without a fix. I was deployed and my wife bought the car from them. The story was pretty similar. Oil leak was the first issue then the car would not go past 20mph and so on.

The bottom line is that these guys are frauds. I hope the next person going to buy from here reads this and gets saved from these frauds.

• J
      Feb 26, 2011

People, beware of this car dealership. I am currently waiting to go to small claims court with my daughter for fraud from this ripoff artist. We bought an extended 1 year warranty from Credit Land at the time of purchase. Six months later, my daughter got re-ended on the freeway and her car was totalled. When we called the extended warranty insurance company to get a refund for the remainder of the unused time of year for the insurance, we found out that Credit Land never sent in the money for the extended warranty. He kept every penny for himself. We called Credit Land severl times to speak to the owner and he was always "out of the shop" . We left messages for him to call but never received a call back. This went on for a month. I finally went to the dealership and cornered him in person. His reponse was that he would cover the remainder of the time but we never received the check. He admitted to keeping the extended warranty money and said he took care of all warratny problems on his own. I need to point out that this is not legal and, if my daughter's car was never totalled we would never have found out that he kept the money and that we were never insured for car troubles for the 1 year. Hope I am making sense here. This guy is a ripoff. I cannot wait to get him into court. DO NOT BUY A CAR from this impostor and liar. Do not trust him for one second. He will do a job to anyone who deals with him

• M
      Oct 14, 2011

J morelli, any updates on the settlement? I am in the process of taking them to court also. We purchased a 2001 Honda Prelude from them on March 2010. The main reason why we spent $10k on an '01 was because it had low mileage (62k) and it was within KBB's price range. So recently the car starts to overheat (now at "71k miles"). I took it into a shop and the mechanic couldn't seem to find the specific problem but he replaced the carburetor because it was old. He even said that the car has such low miles so this shouldn't be happening and the worst (he didn't want to say), is the engine needing repair. So the car stopped overheating the 1st day and the 2nd day it started to again. I took it back in again and the mechanic had to look at the engine this time. Sure enough, the spark plugs are burnt out (meaning that it's over 100k miles). It appears that the odometer was changed. Who did it, we don't know because DMV has the same mileage recorded however, the dealership should have done a thorough inspection (knowing about the odometer) before they sell it on their lot.
    They have definitely defrauded us and it's a felony to do such thing. Justice needs to be served, big or small. After seeing all of these complaints and on other sites, they definitely need to be put out of business or need to stop this practice. To them, it's all about making that sale. They don't realize how much damage (emotionally and physically) their dishonestly affects another person and not to mention, family.

• G
      May 20, 2012

IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT THERE ARE SOME COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE CREDIT LAND. I REALLY DON'T MIND THEM ITS JUST I WOULD LOVE FOR SOMEONE TO POST THE ENTIRE TRUTH ABOUT THE SITUATION RATHER THAN SHOWING UP AS A VICTIM OF THE CREDIT LAND MONSTER. MY NAME IS GUS KAMAL AND I AM THE OWNER OF THE CREDIT LAND. MY BACKGROUND IN THE CAR BUSINESS GOES BACK TO 1994 WERE I STARTED THE CAR BUSINESS AFTER I RECEIVED MY BACHELOR DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINSTARTION FROM SAC STATE. I WORKED IN BIG MAJOR FRANCHISE DEALERS AND HELD NUMEROUS TIMES AWARDS FOR TOP SALES AND HIGHEST CUSTOMER SATISFACTION INDEX ( CSI). I WAS PROMOTED QUICKLY TO BECOME A SALES MANAGER IN LOTS OF THE COMPANIES THAT I WORKED WITH. THE CREDIT LAND HAD BEEN ESTABLISED BACK IN 2000, WE HAVE SOLD THOUSANDS OF VEHICLES FROM OUR SAME LOCATION. WE WENT THRU ALL THE GOOD TIMES AND THE DAD TIMES AND WE NEVER CLOSED OUR DOORS. THE CREDIT LAND COMPLY WITH ALL DMV RULES AND REGULATIONS THAT GOVERNS THE SALE OF A USED VEHICLE IN THE STATE OF CA. ALL CARS ARE SOLD AS IS AS EQUIPED. WE HAVE EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACTS "WARRANTIES" YOU CAN PURCHASE FROM VERY REPUTABLE COMPANIES. WE ALSO ALLOW OUR CARS TO BE INSPECTED INDEPENDENTLY PRIOR TO PURCHASING THEM. YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE A 2 DAY COOLING OFF PERIOD THAT ALLOWS YOU TO BRING THE CAR BACK. IF YOU DON'T DO ANY OF THE ABOVE THE ENTIRE RISK IS ON THE BUYER AND NOT THE SELLER. FOR CARS OVER $8200.00 DOLLARS AND AS A COURTSEY TO OUR CUSTOMERS WE ALLOW 30 DAYS TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS WITH ANY ISSUES THAT MIGHT COME UP WITH THEIR NEW CARS. I AM GOING TO ADDRESS THE ISSUES THAT ARE ABOVE ON THIS WEBSITE;
    1- FOR THE LADY THAT POSTED "SELLING LEMONS" I AM GOING TO TELL YOU ALL WHAT HAPPENED HERE. THE SITUATION WAS, SHE CAME TO OUR DEALERSHIP LOOKING FOR A $5000.00 DOLLAR CAR. OUR SALESMAN SHOWED HER A VW JETTA FOR $7995.00 THAT WAS THE CHEAPEST CAR ON OUR LOT. SHE LIKED IT. WHEN WE TRIED TO DO THE FINANCING FOR HER, HER CREDIT WAS VERY BAD. WE COULDN'T. YET I HAVE NO IDEA HOW SHE HAD A LOAN SETUP THRU HER CREDIT UNION FOR $5500.00 OR 6000.00 I CAN'T EXACTLY REMEMBER. WE TOLD HER THAT WE CAN'T, SHE WOULDN'T LEAVE AND STUCK AROUND FOR HOURS. AFTER SHE TOLD ME ABOUT HER SITUATION I GAVE HER THE JETTA FOR HER PRICE, MAKING NO MONEY AND MAYBE LOSING SOMETHING LIKE COUPLE HUNDRED DOLLARS. WE TOLD HER THAT YOU ARE BUYING IT AS IS DO U UNDERSTAND, SHE SAID YES. FEW DAYS LATER SHE COMES BACK TO THE LOT SAYING THAT HER CAR LEAKING OIL. I WAS SURPRISED TO HEAR THAT AS I HAD THE CAR ON MY LOT WITH NO ISSUES. I HAD MY MECHANIC LOOK AT IT AND SURE ENOUGH THE OIL PAN WAS COMPLETLEY DAMAGED WITH FRESH MARKS ON IT. WHEN MY MECHANIC TOLD ME AND SHOWD TO ME. I TOLD HIM TO GO TO THE JUNK YARD AND BUY ANOTHER ONE. IT WAS $70 DOLLARS. WE PUT IT ON AND CHECKED THE CAR. EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. WHEN THE LADY CAME TO PICK UP HER CAR, I ASKED HER IF SOMEONE ELSE HAD BEEN DRIVING HER CAR, SHE SAID MY DAUGHTER, WE SHOWED HER THE DAMAGED OIL PAN AND IT WAS OBVIOUSLY SHE RAN OVER A CURB, ROCK OR SOMETHING. WE DIDN'TCHARGE HER AND TOLD HER THAT PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND DONT COME BACK WITH OTHER ISSUES TELLING ME THAT THEY JUST HAPPENED.
    2-"JAY11" -- BMW 7 SERIES ARE KNOWN FOR HAVING ISSUES. I DIDN'T MANUFACTURE THIS CAR OR OWNED IT FROM DAY ONE. ALL I KNOW THAT IT WAS IN GREAT CONDITION WHEN IT WAS PURCHASED FROM US. ALSO, THIS CUSTOMER FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE WARRANTY COMPANY PAID FOR ALL HIS REPAIRS AT THE BMW DEALER. AND WHEN HE TRADED THE CAR IN, HE GOT MOST OF HIS WARRNTY MONEY BACK ON THE SERVISE CONTARCT THAT HE BOUGHT FROM US. THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE THAT SHOWS HOW SMART HIS WIFE WAS AND PURCHASED A WARRANTY CONTRACT ON THIS BMW. AND WHEN HE CAME TO PICK UP HIS WARRANTY REFUND FROM ME HE WAS HAPPY AND UNDERSTOOD THAT THESE ISSUES MIGHT COME UP WITH USED CARS AND HOW GOOD THE WARRANTY COMPANY WAS.
    3- J MORELLI.-- THIS PERSON IS TRULY SOMETHING... DO U THINK ANY DEALER WOULD GIVE A BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY ON A VECHILE FOR $700.00 DOLLARS FOR ONE YEAR AND PURPOSELY KEEP THE WARRANTY MONEY?? HOW STUPIED CAN U GET!! ANY MAJOR REPAIR WOULD RUN ME HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS MORE THAN THE WARRANTY MONEY!! WHEN HIS DAUGHTER TOTALED THE CAR AND CONTACTED US IT BEEN ALMOST A 10 OR 11 MONTH. IT TAKES TIME TO RESEARCH THE WARRANTIES, BOOKS AND CHECKS TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO IT. SO AFTER INVESTIGATING THE WARRANTY SITUATION, WE TRULY HAD MADE A MISTAKE AND FORGOT TO SEND IT. HOW IT HAPPENED, I DONT KNOW. IT JUST DID. WHEN HE SHOWED UP IN MY OFFICE I TOLD HIM YES WE FOUND OUT THAT WE DIDN'T SEND THE WARRNTY, AND WE HAVE ATTEMPTED AND LEFT MESSAGES FOR YOUR DAUGHTER TO CALL US BACK WITH THE MILEAGE ON THE CAR AND THE DATE OF THE ACCIDENT SO WE CAN REFUND THE APPROPRIATE DOLLAR AMOUNT BACK TO HER. SHE WOULDN'T CALL US BACK WITH THE MILEAGE. -- I GUESS THEY FIGURED OUT WHY I NEED THE MILEAGE AND THE DATE OF THE ACCIDENT, AND THEY WOULDN'T PROVIDE IT TO US, SO THEY CAN GET MORE MONEY THAN THEY SHOULD--. AS YOU ALL KNOW THE WARRANTIES ON ALL CARS GOES BY MILES OR YEARS WHICH EVER COMES FIRST. HIS ANSWER TO ME WAS " NO, YOU KEPT THE MONEY, I WANT IT ALL BACK". SO I REMINDED HIM AGAIN THAT IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS THE DEALER BECOMES THE ADMINSTOR OF THE WARRANTY AND THE CUSTOMER WILL STILL HAVE THE FULL WARRANTY ON HIS CAR IN EFFECT. IT JUST THAT WE WOULD PAY FOR THE REPAIR MONEY INSTEAD OF THE WARRANTY COMPANY. SO BASICALLY THE CAR IS COVERED REGARDLESS OF WHO PAYS. YET TO MAKE GOOD WITH HIM I OFFERED HIM $350.00 DOLLARS BACK TO HIS DAUGHTER AS A GOOD WILL.--- THE TRUE REFUND FROM THE WARRANTY COMPANY IF THEY HAD THE CONTRACT WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE $150.00--- HIS ANSWER TO ME WAS AGAIN " NO, I KNOW LOTS OF CROCKED ATTORNEYS OUT THERE, AND I WANT IT ALL BACK". WHEN I HEARED THIS I TOLD HIM TO GET OUT OF MY OFFICE BECAUSE I HAVE LOTS OF GOOD ATTORNEYS AND NOT CROCKED LIKE YOU. LONG STORY SHORT, WE GO TO COURT AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENS. THE JUDGE WAS SURPRISED THAT HE DIDN'T TAKE MY OFFER FOR $350.00 AND HIS DAUGHTER LOOKED LIKE SHE HAD A QUESTION MARK ON HER FACE WHEN THE JUDGE ASKED HER " DID YOUR FATHER TOLD YOU THAT THE DEALER OFFERED YOU $350.00, HALF OF WHAT U PAID" SHE HESITATES AND LOOKS AT HER DAD AND WITH A SHAKING VOICE SAYS YYYES. SO GUESS FOLKS WHAT THE JUDGMENT WAS. HAL[censored]
    THEY MOST LIKLEY GOT MORE MONEY FROM THE INSURANCE COMAPANY AS THE WARRANTY MONEY WAS PART OF HER CONTACT!! MAYBE!! NOT SURE!!
    4-MSUCD.-- MAINTENANCE ON THE VEHICLES GOES BY YEARS OR MILES. NOT BECAUSE YOUR CAR HAS LOW MILES THAT MEANS IT DOES NOT NEED MAINTENANCE. IF YOU OPEN ANY MAINTENANCE BOOK ON ANY CAR, YOU WILL SEE THAT THE REPAIRS GOES BY MILES OR YEARS. SO YES YOUR CAR HAS TRUE LOW MILES AND ITS A NICE ONE AS WELL. SO YOU HAD TO CHANGE THE SPARK PLUGS, NOW WE DEFRAUDED YOU!! COME ON!!

GENERAL GUIDELINES:
    1-I WOULD LIKE ALL TO KNOW THAT WHO EVER BUYS A CAR FROM US AND HAVE REPAIR ISSUES, LET US KNOW FIRST, WE WILL TELL YOU WERE TO GO AND HOW TO SAVE LOTS OF MONEY. YET CONTACT US BEFORE YOU DO THE REPAIR NOT AFTER. AS WE CAN'T HELP AFTER YOU MADE YOUR DECISION. YET STILL IF YOU CALL US WE WILL SAVE U LOTS OF MONEY AND MAYBE GETS DONE FOR FREE!!
    2-ALSO, DMV GIVES THE DEALER 30 DAYS TO POST FEES FOR REGISTRATION AND 50 DAYS AFTER THAT TO CLEAR THEM. THAT IS WHY WE PUT THAT WINDOW STICKER "TEMPORARILY REGISTRATION" AND TELL YOU IT MIGHT TAKE UP TO 90 DAYS TO FINISH YOUR REGISTARTION. SOMETIMES VEHICLES TITTLES TAKE A WHILE BEFORE IT EXCHANGE, OR CLEARS FROM PREVIOUS OWNERS, DEALERS, AUCTIONS, OR EVEN DMV, TO NEW OWNERS!!
    3-FINALLY, I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHEN THE DEALER RESPONSIBILITY ENDS AFTER THEY SELL A USED CAR?? 1 DAY? 1 WEEK? 1 MONTH? I YEAR?? CA LAW SAYS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CUSTOMER TAKES PHYSICAL DELIVERY OF THE CAR OUTSIDE THE DEALERSHIP. WHAT U THINK??? A DILEMMA ALL DEALERS FACE BETWEEN PROVIDING GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FOLLOW CA LAW.

I DO THANK ALL THE PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT CARS FROM US AND ALL OUR CUSTOMERS THAT ALWAYS COME BACK TO US AND TO ALL THE NEW CUSTOMERS WE ARE GOING TO HAVE.

• G
      Jul 06, 2012

HI MY NAME IS GUS H I WORKED FOR THE CREDIT LAND FOR TWO YEARS, ITS A GREAT DEALER THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE ITS A FAMILY OWNED BUISNESS, THEY HAVE GOOD CARS AND THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST DEALERS I EVER WORKED FOR, BELEIVE ME ITS THE TRUTH, I DONT WORK THEIR ANYMORE BECEUSE I HAVE MY OWN BUISNESS, I SAW THOES COMMENTS AND OUTRAGOUS COMPLAINTS, BELEIVE ME THOSE CUSTOMERS ARE NOT TELLING THE WHOLE STORY I KNOW THAT FROM EXPERIENCE, I WOULD DEFIINETLY BUY A CAR FROM THEM ANY DAY...

• N
      May 30, 2013

I was looking for a car online and came across a car located on this lot. I decided to check consumer reviews before moving forward. What I seem left me speechless, no not the complaints from the very dis-satisfied customers, but the response from the dealer. Very unprofessional! Half of the words were misspelled and proper English was absent. Further more there was NO compassion whatsoever about the terrible experiences these folks had to encounter. I'm glad I seen this complaint board before I ended up like one of the dis-satisfied customers. I never seen Gus offer an apology so allow me! I'm sorry you all had to experience such horrible service!

• D
      Jun 09, 2014

well listen..do your research on how to deal with buying a used car and how to deal with dealers. they are of course out to make money and sell their cars...cars sold as is and you are taking a risk..sometimes you can come out with good deal sometimes not depends...often dealers buy at auctions ...do your homework on the car beforehand. with any dealership...there are lemon laws know what they are...now i called the guy above...he was very pleasant to talk to...he admitted when i asked him if the car had been in accident...he admitted the bumper area was damaged and repaired...i had looked at the fax of car before calling...he was honest on that part...he wasn't rude like other dealers ive talked to...you do got to check the cars out...look under for leaks after test driving...check transmission fluid see if dark color burnt...listen to engine for missing. timming...check brakes...thats all a mechanic will do for you and you can do this yourself...warranty can be tricky so make sure you know the details...